It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've been quite busy with other stuff but I've tried to rearrange the letters but don't seem to be getting anywhere, I'll keep trying though.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'm going to shoot myself when I either find out or figure out TMC. I'm sure I'm headed in the right direction (even without Static's clues), but my newness to these things is KILLING me.

That being said, I suddenly had to travel for a few days without Internet :bnghd: but I'm looking forward to attacking it anew!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Chilled Zen and CeltAngel. Thank you both for checking in. I was wondering if everyone was just stumped or had given up. Nice to know the former is the case. Hang in there. I think "TMC" will fall shortly. Thanks again. Be well and good luck.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"TMC" will hit 1900 points, in less than 10 minutes. "Comedians" will go to 1100 points in a little over 4 hours.

A clue for "TMC".

If the first number of the pairing is always a 1, 2 or 3, and the second number of the pairing is always 1-9, no zeros or double digits, then that allows for a maximum total of 27 combo characters in the puzzle, doesn't it? And the answer's right under your nose.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help much but I'm having a bit of trouble not giving away too much. Good luck. And thanks for playing. Be well.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I KNOW I'm making TMC too hard so I started playing with "Comedians and for some reason, that was seriously easy :-) I think. I think it would make more sense with the right punctuation. If I am right, here is the solution:

Someone yells out "scramble"
and sends a handful
of wooden nickels
arching 'round the sun
Bradley - unsuspecting
Madley - collecting
the tokens and then
someone else yells "Dog Pile"
and everybody jumps on top
except the one
between the playground
and the weight of
eight or ten comedians

Here's how I got this:

I don't know what it's called, but when I was a kid, we used to make a 5x5 matrix, number the boxes along the horizontal and vertical axis, and fill in the alphabet. Note, there are only 25 squares, so I put Y and Z in the 55 square. To help space is out a bit, I have put in periods in blank spaces.

1.A..B..C..D..E
2.F..G..H..I..J
3.K..L..M..N..O
4.P..Q..R..S..T
5.U..V..W..X..Y/Z

Using this format, Lets look at the first word: 44,35,33,15,35,34,15
44=s
35=o
33=m
15=e
35=o
34=n
15=e

And so on til you get the entire thing.

Static Sky, what do you think?

(edit cause I can't type properly to save my life)

[edit on 9/30/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Wow, CeltAngel! That is of course, exactly right! And you've identified the key I used to write it, perfectly! Well done my friend. 1100 points are on their way to you.

This is a very old code/key that was first devised by the Greeks. Very simple in design but effective for the day.

Congratulations again, CeltAngel. I thought you said you're not very good at these. LOL.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Thanks! Like I said, we used to do something similar when I was young. the only difference was instead of letters, each block was a hieroglyph from a "for kids" Egyptian inspired alphabet.

If I were actually good, I'd get past this last stumbling block I'm having with TMC. Your clues have been totally reinforcing the direction I have been going. I just got...stuck...I'm REALLY hoping someone else will figure it out soon.

(geeeeeeez, can't spell at ALL today!)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Congratulations, CeltAngel!!

Your points will be awarded by the end of the day...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks MemoryShock!

Now everyone else, I know you're out there. Let's get TMC knocked out! I know someone out there knows the key!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In roughly half an hour from now, "TMC" will hit 2000 points!

I thought it would fall soon but it seems to have you stumped. That's interesting because I thought it was my second easiest so far. I really think that when the key is exposed, you'll all be shaking your heads and calling me bad names.

No clue on it for tonight because I'm having too much trouble giving another and not blowing the puzzle directly. Not much left to give on this one. Lets say that's your clue for today. Peace.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

To be fair, I'm already calling you bad names ;-)

(that's just because, while I know it is something really stupidly easy, I just can't get it!)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"TMC" is at 2100 points and counting! Another small clue.

Sometimes things really are as easy as A-B-C and 1-2-3. Just different. The english alphabet runs in order in our heads because that is how we learned it. There is no other reason. Sometimes I think that the only reason it's in the order it's in, is so that little song about it rhymes. There are other commonly agreed upon and consistant ways to arrange the alphabet. You know them as well as I do.

This might be giving it all away but I plan to put one (or 2) new puzzles up this weekend, so have at it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late folks. I've been chilling with my wife. Talking about our plans and stuff, you know. Anyways, "TMC" is at 2200 hundred points. I can't really offer another clue right now. Just advice. Review the "TMC" clues. The answer's right under your nose.

Anyways, I'll be adding a new code for sure, sometime over the weekend. I'll try and do two, if "TMC" is solved tomorrow or maybe even Saturday. Anyways, good luck and be well.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Please....make it stop.....just tell me how stupid I'm being and tell me the answer!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Tell you what, CeltAngel. I'll give an agressive clue this evening. And I'm working on a new code this afternoon. I expect to put it up either tonight or Saturday sometime. Hang in there.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"TMC" is at 2300 points. And now for your dramatic clue.....

QPL.

There you have it. I hope that helps. I'll try to get my new cipher on here tomorrow. Truthfully though, I haven't finished it yet. I'll do my best. Thanks for playing. Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
TMC Solved!!!??

Thanks for the clues they were what really helpeed, the clues about the writing it on the comp and the Bill Gates one.

Here's how I got it;

--1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1 q w e r t y u i o
2 p a s d f g h j k
3 l z x c v b n m

(So there is the QPL clue.)

DO YOUR BEST ITS THE BEST YOU CAN DO

2-4 =d
1-9 =o
1-6 =y
1-9 =o
1-7 =u
1-4 =r

Yes??

Cheers, Fox.

(Edit-- working out didnt appear correctly)
[edit on 4/10/08 by fox_3000au]
...and again
...still.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
TMC Solved!!!??

Thanks for the clues they were what really helpeed, the clues about the writing it on the comp and the Bill Gates one.

Here's how I got it;

--1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1 q w e r t y u i o
2 p a s d f g h j k
3 l z x c v b n m

(So there is the QPL clue.)

DO YOUR BEST ITS THE BEST YOU CAN DO

2-4 =d
1-9 =o
1-6 =y
1-9 =o
1-7 =u
1-4 =r

Yes??

Cheers, Fox.

(Edit-- working out didnt appear correctly)
...and again
...still.

Congratulations, fox_3000au! You've got it exactly right! And good job explaining too. As you showed, all I did to make this ciphers key, was start with "Q" and count off 9 across the top. At the "P" I started over, and the final 8 then, started with the "L".

Sometimes, there's really not much trickery involved. It's just a matter of thinking in different ways and trying different things.

I'll U2U MemoryShock right away, fox. 2300 points will be coming your way. Congratulations again on winning the biggest prize yet. And thanks for playing. Peace.

I will be putting a new code on later this evening. Cheers, all.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks Static.

Honestly, without the clues I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Thanks also for continuing with this thread, I am enjoying it alot. Even if I am not posting in here, I am still having a look with great interest.

Looking forward too the next cipher.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well done fox_3000au, I thought it was something to do with a keyboard but I didn't have the time to fully work that through. Also didn't realize that you moved the p and l.

Good cipher though, looking forward to the next one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join