It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
For about 20 minutes now, "The Wheel" has been at 800 points and "2Z" has been at 600 points.

I don't want to confuse you too badly with "The Wheel" reference, so I'll tell you that this clue was only meant to direct your attention to an interesting fact about the letters used in this code.

As for "2Z", No need to seperate the strings but do take note of them.

Good luck and thank you all for playing. Be well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Do you ever feel like you're on the verge of something? Almost like when you're trying to say something and it's "on the tip of your tongue" but you can't quite remember?

:bnghd:

:w: :w: :w:

Although, then again, I thought I was close with "you" but really was no where near it.

ARGH! Happy......yet so much older and grayer since I started this.....

[edit on 10/23/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

LOL... this game is just like a can of Pringles.

Cheers, and hope everyone is getting somewhere.

Fox.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Alright, the third of four ciphers.

***a Bipolar

CDYGNBEUMNdNEQY
DYIBMWtO
NWwLMHEOEYOE
WCNBEOEYOEJEOhO

To keep it in sink, For about a half hour now, this code has been worth 500 points.

And a clue. This ciphers name describes the key used to solve it.

"The Wheel" is at 900 points, and "2Z" is at 700 points.

Thanks for playing and good luck all.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"The Wheel" is at 1000 points.

"2Z" is at 800.

"Bipolar" is at 600 points.

A clue for "The Wheel"....For the 'boys and girls' clue, think chromosomes.

Thanks for playing. Good luck everyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hi all Im a newbie n just stumbled across this thread...Im lovin the puzzles!!
Im pretty sure Ive cracked Bipolar!! do I just post the solution straight onto the thread???
soz to sound stupid lol

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

Hi Must be a way. Welcome to the game. And yes, once you have a solution, you just post it on the board with details of how you came to the answer. We're all learning as we go here, so please show as much work as you can. And hopefully you know that software may not be used to solve these. It takes the fun out.

Anyways, "The Wheel" is at 1100 points now. "2Z" is at 900 and "Bipolar" (which may be cracked very soon), is at 700 points now.

The fourth of 4 ciphers.....

****Chaos

BCIETCIaIEJHZMHQAYoQIXT
XIEJXwMHQDOWNTH
TCIDIStPEEPES
SOTCIAPTXFIXeXHEX

Chaos is at 500 points.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
thanks Ive started looking at the wheel finding it hard to get started on that one but i think ive frazzled my brain with bipolar.
here goes;

find the pattern
in chaos
to make sense
of the senseless

I initially took the lower case letters to be spaces or punctuation but decided to just drop them.I used letter frequencies and substition which soon bought all the S E and T's.
I did a google search on bipolar to try and crack the key and found the word 'chaos' linked with encryption, which gave me the hardest word and the rest of the vowels.
still dont think I got anything from the clue tho?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I must admit, the fact that "Bipolar" subbed E's with E's was a weakness and I'm not surprised that hammering out the substatutioin cracked it. Your answer is exactly right. 700 points should find you very soon. Good job.

For those who wish to know....

To make the key for bipolar, I wrote out the alphabet and broke it in the middle. I then used the G and the T as start letters, being the 7th letters of each half of the devided alphabet. And like I've done before, I counted the letters off from each. First one to the middle, then one to the outside, then 2 from start, to the middle, 2 to the outside, etc....Bipolar is just how the key looked to me, with G and T being the 2 poles. Cheers. One down, three to go.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In about 10 minutes, "The Wheel" hits 1200 points, "2Z" hits 1000 and "Chaos" moves to 600 points.

A clafification clue for "The Wheel". The title is all in reference to "The Wheel of Fortune" on American TV. The word 'final' was meant to stick out of 'final-ly', just to point out that all letters in the cipher are R-S-T-L-N-E. They give you these letters in the final game of every episode, as I recall. So what do "boys" and "girls" have to do with the alphabet?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"the wheel" is proving to be tough!!! I have already been working with the clarification clues provided so far and seem to be going in circles ( no pun intended)
Although there seems to be enough 'permutations' of characters, the actual small amount of letters is making it really tough to 'see' what Im actually doing Grrrr :-)
Ive run out of paper so gonna take a break n try again later.
Good luck all

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In about 20 minutes, "The Wheel" hits 1300 points, "2Z" goes to 1100 points and "Chaos", to 700.

Another hint for "The Wheel". R-S-T-L-N-E. In caps and smalls, then with ' - ' signs in caps and smalls. 6 letters in 4 forms. 24 total charactes available. The alphabet has 26 letters. So what do 'boys' and 'girls' have to do with the alphabet? "No boys, no girls....". Well figuring out what I'm talking about here, will shift the center of the alphabet the smallest bit, and that oughta do it really. Good luck all.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi all, hope im not the only one still playing?
I have cracked the wheel finally
My key gives one error which may have been a typo but i think prob was intended? (I shall show the error underlined but this is how my key shows it.

often times in life
mistakes prnve to be
lessons we never knew
we needed to learn
G

The 'boys and girls clue' was straight forward, the first thing i did was remove x and y. the six letters and 4 combinations were also the first things i started working with giving me the 24 combinations and 24 characters. ( I dropped the double characters after ruling out capitals spaces or punctuation)
It was mostly trial and error using letter frequencies that I was trying all combinations of R S T L N E to fit the 24 alphabet (forwards,backwards alphabetical order etc) I was making words with lots of variations but nothing would carry through the whole cipher. It was only with statics last post stating 'blocks' that I started just using a block of the alphabet at a time and again using frequencies I found half of the key was reversed that I was able to make the first line.
it all started falling into place then.

the key i used;
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w z
-R-S -T-L -N-E r s t l n e -e-n-l-t-s-r E N L T S R

so many times I was close but then rejected it thinking I was wrong!

Nice one static I enjoyed that one...gonna have a beer tonight tho before I even contemplate double Z cheers :w: :w:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Wow! Two in a row. Well done, must be a way! And a great job showing showing how you worked it out. Thanks for that. The key you worked out is exactly right. 1300 more points for you, my friend. I will let Asala know and you should see them soon. Cheers.

2 down, 2 to go folks. Good luck all.

And indeed, that particular mistake you showed, was a typo. Sorry about that. Kind of ironic though with the prose I chose on this one, no?

[edit on 10/28/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In about 20 minutes, "2Z" goes to 1200 points and "Chaos" goes to 800 points.

What can you observe from all letters in the "2Z" code? For instance, you could say that it appears that all the letters are....., or the only letters I can see here, are...., or even, I notice that there are no.......

Good luck everybody. And as always, thanks for playing and be well.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hi all The solution for 2Z is;

the truly wise
are able to learn
from the mistakes
of other's

the first thing i spotted was the reoccurence of the letters 'tSV' this gave the word 'the'.
then noticing all leters where the second half of the alpabet (apart from 'ih' which forms the ' ) and using the clue double Z I spotted the alpabet needed to be written twice, one using uppercase the other lowercase.

PLAIN: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
CODE: Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N z y x w v u t s r q p o n

hope that makes sense (had a few beers lol)

[edit on 28-10-2008 by must be a way]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Wow! you're on a roll my friend. You are exactly right. And I must confess to everyone, "must be a way" left a note on my message board in my profile that he'd cracked "2Z" but was hesitant to post the answer on the thread because he didn't want to ruin the fun for everyone else. Very considerate I must admit. I encouraged him to post since he got the solution fair and square.

And there is also a deeper game afoot. "I hope you're paying attention". something these last 3 (of 4) solutions have been alluding to. Something a typo has exposed ironically. A small tester for a bigger future game. Good luck on "Chaos" everyone. The name suggests the code. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In 20 minutes "Chaos" goes to 900 points. A small clue for it tonight....

This code was the simplest to create of the 4. Good luck everybody.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think I understand why CHAOS was the easiest to create! it looks like you put the alphabet into a pot, gave it a really good shake then just tipped it out lol :w:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
must be a way, you rock! You're either a NSA agent or a wannabe! That's a great job!! Seeing how I royally fail on all the rest (after that seemingly fluke I had), you must have talent!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join