It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery channel crew, film a bizzare ufo "yesterday 26/08/08".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow! Very interesting. Kind of reminds me of this video on youtube.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Could you please post again as video link does not work,thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

i dont want you to think that we are just dismissing it outright. I have seen many videos of UFO sightings and also ones that have been identified. Im merely putting forward the most likely possibility based on common sense and what i have seen from the vids. You have to take the good with the bad though, not everyone will think this is a UFO. Im sure its frustrating to see people dismissing it as you did see it with your own eyes but that is what these forums are for, to generate a collective opinion and therefore hopefully decide on what it is (or what it is most likely)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok this at first looks likes balloons.Many different types of balloons tied together.Some reflective ones etc.And perhaps some other things tied to the formation as well.
Also yes it looks a little like parachute formation jumping.
However it appears to move a little to mechanical for some random wind driven objects.
And parachute formations also would be a little more random.
This thing has some kind of timing engine it appears to move mechanically.
Its rather weird.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My first impression was balloons.

The way it moves and changes position constantly would coincide with a bundle of Mylar balloons tied together.

This would also explain the color variation as part of the sun/sky reflecting off of its surface.

The altitude at which this was filmed at would not carry the same wind speed/current we feel at ground level, so no wind on ground level would not be a factor.

Now, as for the Discovery team having a better view and ruling out balloons as a possibility... thats somewhat intriguing and makes me want to sit on the fence for a while.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
WOW! what the hell is that? the discovery vid is really interesting
and i hope they realize the high quality footage, i myself don't
think it's balloons but i don't have an answer either, great post!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It looks like a bunch of Silver Graduation ballons but with out the printing on it. Anyone agree?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
In my opinion these are NOT balloons, and for a simple reason why.

The discovery crew had a very good camera, probably zoomed up quite a bit, and that guy would have noticed in a second had they been balloons. We really need to see that other footage to provide a good observational assessment, but I really do think that if it were balloons then the camera crew would have definitely noticed them while zoomed in on the object with their expensive, amazing quality cameras.

That is a good point, however, a smart cameraman would continue to film irregardless of whether he recognized them as balloons or not because it would be invaluable to identify future videos of like objects!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Those seem to be some pretty sweet mylar balloons floating around there. Honestly that is all I see. You can pretty much see the individual balloons floating around as they are being moved by the wind. Attached to the balloons seems to be a display like they usually have outside car dealerships, the ones that blow up and then move around in the wind to attract your eye to the cars.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

I agree with you..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
thanks for posting this because i have not seen the video until now,

the object appears to be just floating along and has those weird flashes that are associated with the mylar balloons so i think they are balloons tied together with some kind of material added to the pack to disguise it.

what i also find interesting and suspicious is the fact that there are all these people on a roof top supposedly filming something else.

those guys are in the business of making money with their camera's and a good ufo video can get you a nice chunk of money.

my opinion is it is fake and these guy's are trying to cash in on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would definitely agree with the previous posters that there are just helium balloons tied together. You know, the big bunch of coloured, metallic looking, funny shaped balloons the clowns at the fairground walk around selling.

I've seen a bunch floating around before, looks exactly the same from what I can tell.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hrmmm... That is an interesting video to me for a couple reasons...

While the object certainly does appear to be a bunch of mylar balloons tied together and rolling in the upper wind currents, I have to wonder that unless the guy behind the big camera (and everyone else) was "in on hoaxing" why didn't he just say "bahhh those are balloons"? I mean with the lens he has on that camera I am pretty sure he could see details the Sony Handicam just can't get.

Naturally there is always the possibility that the camera crew decided to have a little YouTube fun and pull on over on everyone to get a giggle out of the comments, but they don't act like the typical pranksters, you know, screaming and "freaking out".

Very interesting at a minimum and I would LOVE to see the footage from that HD Camera!

Please update the thread (and send me a u2u) if they publish the Big Camera footage will ya?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It looks like balloons to me, and it does not look like the same thing on the video by tarifa37, they look completely different objects to me in everything; the way they move, the way the light reflects on them in one case and the lights it has on the other, etc.

I can not say much more because I started to see the video and after changing to another page it now says that the video was removed.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
is there a reason the video has now been pulled ???

seems a bit strange???

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If enough people come on here and say that it is balloons,does that mean it is balloons? Russia and america please take note, if you want to spy on each other with drones,just make them look like a bunch of balloons as no one will give them a second glance.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I found a similar ufo in footage from Lithuania according to youtube details. They also claimed it was in a Discovery Channel documentary. It appears to be a night shot that is barely visible but in the middle of the video there are photos of a ufo appearing to change shape in a similar fashion. Some of the sky snakes in Mexico have similar segmentation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
is there a reason the video has now been pulled ???

seems a bit strange???

snoopyuk

Wow you are right ,its been taken off by the user,very strange. could be the end to this thread ,Doh !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

yeah i am pretty gutted as i think i only missed it by a few mins as Armap saw it.

gutted
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I thought I might have an up hill struggle with this thread,but I am dismayed that so many ats members are so quick to judge and don't seem to be as open minded as I thought you were.
It's better to judge than to accept blindly everything we read.

I am open minded about everything, but I am also sceptic about everything, and when I look at something I look at it while trying not too think in anything specific before I finish my analysis.
And although first impressions are very important, more analysis is always good, but unfortunately I could not do it this time.

Even if this sighting turns out to be balloons it still does not explain my own sighting .I guess that untill you see something like this with your own eyes its hard to believe.
That is another thing I think is a flaw in most UFO believers, when they see something relatively similar to their own sightings they jump to the conclusion that it's the same thing, even when it is completely different.

As I said before, I don't think these two objects are the same or even related, the first looks like balloons reflecting the sun at some times, your video looks like one solid object with some lights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join