It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery channel crew, film a bizzare ufo "yesterday 26/08/08".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
this does look similar to the object int he OP's video minus the jet....

I know nothing about picture manipulation but the skeptic in me wants to scream fake.

my other side.. the one who WANTS the unusual and unexplainable to be true is screaming GOVERNMENT PROJECT....though I can't fathom WHAT something that looks like that could possibly do....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If the group of objects are nothing more than balloons carried on the wind, why do some of them appear to be moving independently in directions against the wind? One would assume that if the objects were tethered at a central point (as most groups of balloons are) and the wind was coming from whatever direction is represented by the right side of the video, the balloons would tilt in the opposite direction, or the left side of the video. That's just not happening, here. Many of the "balloons" seem to be moving of their own accord in random directions, some even against the force of the wind.

Pretty odd balloons, to these eyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Inca_Roads

The individual balloons would displace eachother and thus move each other in different directions, not just in the direction of the wind.

Thats my guess anyway.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

You're right about displacement. Gah, I didn't take that into consideration.

Still very weird for a bunch of balloons.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
-------------
-------------

Look closely at the ufo, it is revolving around and changing shape way too much to be a bunch of balloons, at least from my perspective and 20-20 vision. Also, has anyone ever thought that some people who say it looks like just a bunch of balloons are vision challenged? They say it looks like that because everything they see looks like that to their poor vision.

-------------
-------------

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
would love it to be something more but it does look like foil or balloons. I am basing this purely on the fact that it is not making any odd change of direction and maintains a steady speed as if it is being blown by the wind.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Well... I'm not vision challenged and at first look it appeared to be balloons to my eyes... I did state howerever that it was only what it looks like not what it is... I kinda hope it isn't cause then I would know my way of thinking isn't quite as out there as all my friends seem to think.... LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
Well. It just looks like a big bunch of helium balloons floating around to me.
Sorry

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

yup that's what i think too. a few mylar balloons filled with helium with paper or something attached, just blowing in the wind. there is crap like this in the air all the time. i mean, there are 6 billion people on this planet and at least a couple of hundred of these balloons are released in to the sky to float around every day of the year. it's only when they accelerate or rapidly change direction that any attention should be paid to this crap. everybody should just get a grip for christ's sake.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

hear hear! totally agree, i am all for UFO disclosure, but when people start questioning balloons as being shapeshifting aircraft, it starts to annoy me. There is nothing in that video to suggest it is unexplainable.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
-------------
-------------

Look closely at the ufo, it is revolving around and changing shape way too much to be a bunch of balloons, at least from my perspective and 20-20 vision. Also, has anyone ever thought that some people who say it looks like just a bunch of balloons are vision challenged? They say it looks like that because everything they see looks like that to their poor vision.

-------------

-------------

I think you are right,also people are not prepared to look for long enough and pause the film to see what is happening to the object.I agree that if a bunch of balloons were tethered that they would jostle for position in the wind,however these if they are balloons are floating freely.that means that they would be travelling with the wind and would not be resisting it,even a bunch of balloons would not move that much once in an air flow(save for some rotation and wobble as it was hit by stronger gusts. This object almost acts like a bunch of balloons that are tethered against a high wind.But look close you we see that the movements are very strange.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles
reply to post by jimmyx

hear hear! totally agree, i am all for UFO disclosure, but when people start questioning balloons as being shapeshifting aircraft, it starts to annoy me. There is nothing in that video to suggest it is unexplainable.

Look thanks for your posting,but how do you explain my sighting.It lasted 45mins in a force3 wind.The object remained in the same spot only moving a bit backwards(how does a balloon move against the wind?) then a bit forward.Before moving away at approx 30mph. Check my footage I have over 15 mins of it,most of it with my camera upto the eye piece of a pair of binoculars that I am resting on the side of my car door frame to try to keep it still as 10x50 magnification. I did not have to track it at all in the 5 min clip as it did not move. Now if you can explain that then I am all ears, and please watch the footage before you come on here to slag it off. Cheers tarifa37

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is just another blurry UFO video. You can't prove it's balloons, an alien space craft, military etc... so why bother. It's an unidentified floating object that to me looks like a bunch of balloons but I can't prove that and no one else can prove otherwise.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
Well. It just looks like a big bunch of helium balloons floating around to me.
Sorry

Mylar baloons in various shapes clustered together.
Difficult to tell if it was doing anything but ascending to me.
The shape-shifting would obviously be the baloons moving around in relation to eachother and mylar certainly looks metallic.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In my opinion these are NOT balloons, and for a simple reason why.

The discovery crew had a very good camera, probably zoomed up quite a bit, and that guy would have noticed in a second had they been balloons. We really need to see that other footage to provide a good observational assessment, but I really do think that if it were balloons then the camera crew would have definitely noticed them while zoomed in on the object with their expensive, amazing quality cameras.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Thanks for your post,I could not have put it better myself.That footage was taken with a sony handycam,a fine camera but the cameraman with the pro equipment would see that object alot clearer he would be able to tell very quickly if it had just been a bunch of balloons.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Well sorry for popping your balloon but ......well... they're nothing but bags of helium flopping around in the breeze....Geeze guy just because a Discovery film crew may have filmed it and called it un identified does't make it anymore interesting than a bunch of bags of helium...

....For cryin out loud.....

sty

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the object does look and behave like a ballon. It could robot / spy bot? I do not think it is extraterestrial, however this is just my personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The jury is still out for me but I am leaning towards different shaped mylar balloons. When the sun catches them just right they make a very darkspot before the camera adjusts to the bright light. Maybe. On the other hand it ws reminescent of the Rizedeki ufo footage and sometimes I wonder if they aren't related to this picture:

or maybe like this one at times:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think that those who believe it is not balloons have made up their minds. If that video had been posted by some random person on youtube everyone would be saying "balloons" but because "the discovery channel" filmed it, there must be more to it because theyre NEVER wrong...hmm

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rsand454
reply to post by tarifa37

Well sorry for popping your balloon but ......well... they're nothing but bags of helium flopping around in the breeze....Geeze guy just because a Discovery film crew may have filmed it and called it un identified does't make it anymore interesting than a bunch of bags of helium...

....For cryin out loud.....

Thanks for your input.I thought I might have an up hill struggle with this thread,but I am dismayed that so many ats members are so quick to judge and don't seem to be as open minded as I thought you were.Even if this sighting turns out to be balloons it still does not explain my own sighting .I guess that untill you see something like this with your own eyes its hard to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join