It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery channel crew, film a bizzare ufo "yesterday 26/08/08".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It looks like balloons to me, and it does not look like the same thing on the video by tarifa37, they look completely different objects to me in everything; the way they move, the way the light reflects on them in one case and the lights it has on the other, etc.

I can not say much more because I started to see the video and after changing to another page it now says that the video was removed.

The object I saw was very like the one in the discovery vid. I had to film mine through a pair of binoculars.That is why the colours are not clear they are so bright as to be washed out. Sometimes in the video the object goes near the dark field of vision there the gold silver and copper colours are seen better as its shaded by the rim of the binoculars. All I can say is I saw it through the binoculars for at least 5 mins before I started recording and it was a bunch of very bright gold silver and copper spheres changing shape much like this one.I also kept looking at it through the binoculars inbetween video segments (there were 9) and I let a guy who parked next to me to also have a look .He also confirmed what I was seeing and that he could see red spheres.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Discovery Channel is the in ENTERTAINMENT industry. Just keep that in mind...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
If enough people come on here and say that it is balloons,does that mean it is balloons?
No, in the same way that saying that it is the same thing you saw does not make it the same things, saying that is a some black-budget project does not make it so or saying that it is an extra-terrestrial or extra-dimensional craft does not make it so.

Whatever it is is only one thing, and the fact that people may have different ideas about it only shows that people think in different ways.

We may have some 20 possibilities posted and none be the real explanation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
IF ANYONE HAS VIEWED THE VIDEO ALREADY BUT NOT GONE BACK TO IT, STOP! DO NOT VISIT THAT LINK. GO TO YOUR CACHE AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE FILE. We can reupload it!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
[edit on 27-8-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37
[more

[edit on 27-8-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
In my opinion these are NOT balloons, and for a simple reason why.

The discovery crew had a very good camera, probably zoomed up quite a bit, and that guy would have noticed in a second had they been balloons. We really need to see that other footage to provide a good observational assessment, but I really do think that if it were balloons then the camera crew would have definitely noticed them while zoomed in on the object with their expensive, amazing quality cameras.

he was shooting through a binocular.... thats some great camera!

all the pro gear was packed away...

the balloons are moving in relation to each other, as if they were tethered together... tied by their strings, maybe a bit of netting over them

but they sure look like balloons, and act like balloons... and we have proof that balloons exist

occams razor, anyone?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
All I can say is I saw it through the binoculars for at least 5 mins before I started recording and it was a bunch of very bright gold silver and copper spheres changing shape much like this one.I also kept looking at it through the binoculars inbetween video segments (there were 9) and I let a guy who parked next to me to also have a look .He also confirmed what I was seeing and that he could see red spheres.

red spheres? like red balloons? were there 99 of them?

changing shape... like balloons do... shiny mylar balloons...

why do you suppose early ufo photographs didnt look anything like these?

only after the mylar balloon became ubiquitous do we now see ufos that look like bunches of them tied together...

coincidence?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There is a picture of it on my yt home page on my favorites.Sorry I know its not much but its all ive got since the owner removed the video.www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

IMPORTANT STATEMENT FROM ARTURO ROBLES: “THEY WERE BALLOONS”

I contacted mexican skywatcher Arturo Robles Gil who lives in Mexico City and
asked about this sighting. Arturo kindly answered my questions regarding this
particular sighting recorded during an interview he was giving to a tv crew from
the US for a documentary soon to be released by the Discovery channel. This is
Arturo's statement dated as August 27, 2008.

FOR ALL INTERESTED: Yesterday I videotaped a sighting at the roof of my home
along with a tv crew from the US making a documentary for the Discovery Channel.
After several analysis and discussions we discovered the object in question were
just a bunch of balloons of different colors and shapes grouped together giving the
impression of a weird object due to the high altitude it was flying. I must say that
the american tv crew did'nt got a clear shot of the object and they could not make
any conclusion about it but I informed them later that it was not a UFO but a buch
of balloons so that was the end of the incident.

I'm very sorry for this mistake and for posting the video on Youtube before the
required analysis were performed, it was my mistake and I apologize to everyone.
I removed the video from Youtube this morning and I accept the consequences.

My best regrads.

Arturo Robles Gil
Mexico City
August 27, 2008

Well I think that's it. I must say Arturo Robles is an honest man who recognizes his
mistakes wich speaks about his sincerity. A confusion may happen to anybody
regarding Ufo sightings and this is one of those cases. Arturo Robles is a great
skywatcher from Mexico City with many hours of recorded sightings but he is also
a human being subjected to make mistakes and has the integrity to acknowledge
this when needed. I want to thank Arturo for clearing this incident for us and give
a conclusion to this episode.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

So let me get this right,he has changed his mind after posting it on youtube.And had to tell the discovery crew that he now thought that they were balloons.And they, with their pro camera that you can hear in the video him saying "i have it on the monitor come and look". This is very strange. If he thought they were balloons why did he post the video? I would ask him to please repost it with his new thoughts that he thinks it is balloons and why he changed his mind .I would love to see the pro footage. That would make more sense if he said that after seeing the pro footage they could see it was balloons.But he says he had to tell "them "later that he now thought it was balloons.

This is getting even more strange.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well if it was balloons then I have also made a mistake but after my sighting on the 16/6/08 I have been hoping to see more people recording the same thing.And this to me looked very like mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki It appears to be a night shot that is barely visible but in the middle of the video there are photos of a ufo appearing to change shape in a similar fashion. Some of the sky snakes in Mexico have similar segmentation.

the video in between the superimposed goldfish swimming on top of outdoor footage, is obviously and very clearly a net full of mylar balloons...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

cool...keep looking to the skies

(^_*)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Thanks ,I will always do that now.And now I have a better camera (sony hdd handycam with 40x optical zoom,and a tripod) so watch this space.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have sent the owner of the video that was removed a message as follows.

your roof top video
your roof top video
Hello sorry to bother you but could you tell me why you pulled the video shot on your roof.This was of great interest to me as I had a sighting in the UK that I have footage of on the 16/6/08 that was very much like your video. www.youtube.com... and the same vid without music but with my audio www.youtube.com... also a video of blown up stills of the object www.youtube.com... . I had to shoot the video using a cheap pocket dv camcorder held upto the eyepiece of my binoculars.I have over 15 mins of footage that I shot in 9 segments.I was also viewing the object inbetween filming through the binoculars.The object was more or less stationary for 45 mins in a force 3 wind before it flew over my head and going at about 30mph went out of sight. I have since that day been looking to see if anyone else sees and records the same object that I saw.I am convinced that it was not a bunch of balloons but of course will not rule anything out.If you do take the time to view my video watch closely in high quality and full screen as it is possible to see the object changing shape. Thankyou for your time, kind regards Tarifa37

If he is kind enough to reply I will post his message here.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think its great that the he told the truth. Are you in denial?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
I did take the time to watch. Honestly, To me it just looks like those shiny heart shaped helium balloons you can get. Just my opinion. Id like to be wrong

Cant be, balloons dont behave like that, this "thing" is morphing and changing shapes.
Even the guy says they are not balloons

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Which guy? The guy who filmed it and who in a direct statement about the clip clearly states that what he filmed were infact balloons? That guy? Is that the guy your talking about?
Shapeshifting Inter-dimensional craft. £3.99 at asda

Sheesh

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

To me it looks like a bunch of grapes with lights protruding out of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join