It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 NFL Season Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I do. I'm moving down there at the end of this month.

I was going to have to miss their home opener, but because of Ike, thats not the case.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Aye.

Living in Detroit and cheering for the Packers.

I'm disappointed that the Packers are playing Dallas so early in the season. I think it's too early in the season for such a marketable game for one and I also would have liked to see the Packers get a few other games under their belt before playing this. It is a HUGE game as this weekend could potentially determine home field advantage through the NFC. NFC championship through Lambeau is a lot easier than through Texas.

But then again.. we thought that last year too.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Yeah, I agree. But its less stressful for us Packer fans. IF they're going to lose to Dallas, I'd rather get it out of the way early in the season than be tied at 10-1 going in to the tie breaking game that'll decide home-field advantage like last year.

I say less stressful for us Packer fans because I know Dallas fans don't have that much passion. Bandwagon riding is stress free.

Now, about the game last night, there's only one thing I need to mention...

What the hell was DeSean Jackson thinking? There's a problem if you're more focused on showboating it than getting in to the end zone first. I bet he got lit up by his coaches after the game.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Considering this was his second time doing something so stunned, I bet they came down on him extra hard. If they can get Owens and "Adam" to behave, I'm willing to bet that his ass will be straightened out.

It would have been his first career touchdown as well.

Ouch!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
[What the hell was DeSean Jackson thinking? There's a problem if you're more focused on showboating it than getting in to the end zone first. I bet he got lit up by his coaches after the game.

Showboating like that DOES NOT belong in the National Football League. I just want to know what in the world was he thinking when he did that. Other than that one particular goof up, it was a fantastic game last night. Over 700 yards of total offense and the highest scoring game in the ninety-eight meetings between the Eagles and the Boys From Dallas. Not to mention the second highest scoring total for a half on Monday Night Football with fifty-four points.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I was just at the gym talking football with a few friends and out of nowhere it hit me that Jackson is on the Eagles. I knew he was an Eagle but since that little debacle of a would-be touchdown, I've constantly referred to him as if he was a Cowboy.

...Not really sure why.

(Maybe this sort of thing is just typical of the Cowboys and my sub-conscious was at work?)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fred Jackson: 20 plus fantasy points this Sunday.
Time stamp me baby...or put me in the "predictions" forum because this one ranks up there with the next Earthquake....but I stand by it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hmm...where to start with this game...

Once again the offensive line proves it is complete garbage. They can't guard anyone. They can't open holes for the running game. They can't protect Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers' mobility is the only reason he doesn't get sacked.

Once again the defense breaks down. I understand the horrible offensive play left the defense out there forever, but 19 points to the Vikings, and 25 points to the Lions...the LIONS! This is the same 0-3 Detroit Lions who only managed 13 points against the 49ers today.

The Packers just don't look very good. They didn't look too great against the Vikings, they broke down against the Lions, and they've looked absolutely awful against the Cowgirls.

As for the game and what it means: it means nothing, really. The Cowgirls are in a tougher division, and they aren't going undefeated, so the result of this game really doesn't bother me.

In the end, the Cowgirls and Tony Homo will do what they do best: choke.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm almost kind of glad we lost tonight to the cowboys. I think it was almost needed to help Rodgers in his development this season. I can't really think of how to explain what I'm trying to say, but I think there is more good than bad in this loss.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Fred Jackson: 20 plus fantasy points this Sunday.
Time stamp me baby...

Well.....

24 yards rushing, 1 yard receiving, and 13 kick return yards.

In a generous league, I'd say he got about 3 points.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My Vikes put up their first W of the season today, and EVERY other team in the NFC Norse lost.

Today was a good day.

Come and hop on the Gus bus while there are seats still available!!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

In the end, the Cowgirls and Tony Homo will do what they do best: choke.

Cowgirls? It must really stink to lose to the opposing team's cheer squad.

I'll give you the Tony Homo name calling piece though. You're free to imply that he's involved in a homosexual relationship even though he's dating Jessica Simpson and even though he doesn't break down and cry at a press conference. I mean if you can't move the ball or play real football at least you can talk trash right? We wouldn't ever take that from you.

Seriously, it's sad to see Green Bay down like this. I'd rather see the Cowboys lose to Green Bay than one of the East Coast teams. Don't be too down on yourself. The season is still young and at least you didn't lose to the Miami Dolphins. Did you see that nonsense that the Patriots got into?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
even though he doesn't break down and cry at a press conference.

Speaking of breaking down and crying....

Thats my quarterback!!

Did you see that nonsense that the Patriots got into?

I wouldn't call it nonsense. Clearly the Patriots aren't this great team without Tom Brady.

[edit on 9/22/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I only listen, I can't stand watching anymore but it sounded like brown from miami TOUCHDOWN
to much. The Jets went south west and crashed. I was 9 for 16 in what looked like a week for the bookies. I hope I do better this week. I'll leave this bookmark.:bnghd:
arizona jacsonville
buffalo tennessee
S.D. cinn
Dallas denver
san fran atl
Philly G.B.
baltimore

[edit on 24-9-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I say less stressful for us Packer fans because I know Dallas fans don't have that much passion. Bandwagon riding is stress free.

Whatever... :shk:

[edit on 24-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

[Seriously, it's sad to see Green Bay down like this.

Not to me. The arrogance of their fans make me want to see the Puckers lose every game from here on out. I assure you, it wouldn't hurt my feelings in the slightest.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Arrogance? Oh the irony!

Dallas fans disappear when their team loses, and when they win, all jump back on the bandwagon, pretending as if they've been there through the good and bad times.

I haven't seen a bigger bunch of bandwagon fans. Patriots fans are up there though.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey! How did my Fred Jackson prediction show up on here before I made it? Fred Jackson 20pts this week, week 4 against St.Louis. I don't know who pretended to be me and posted that prediction a week early...(rofl)

Desean saved my butt by dropping that ball on the one yard line, he did it for me because he knew that a td would have lost me the week. I owe him and he knows it.

Hey fellow Viking fan.....if you are singing Gus fan songs this early than you haven't been a Viking fan for many years. Get rid of Childress! and then do the dance. Gus isn't Brad Johnson....he isn't Cunningham...he isn't Kramer...But he sure as hell isn't Spurgin Wynn either! If you, we, beat the Titan's this week then I will trade my Redskin's Gus jersey in for a Viking's one......Do you think you guys could convince him to NOT head butt the wall if he happens to take it to the house himself. The Lamebough leap seems to be a relatively safe alternative.

For you fantasy people.....start: Jones Drew, Scheffler, Winslow, JT'Osullivan, Warner, even Ocho Cinco should get the nod and if he doesn't do anything give him away after this week.....I'm trying to think of only the not obvious players.....I would go with Chris Perry too.

No, I wouldn't start any Vikings other than the obvious. No I wouldn't start Ryan either. Jennings might rock. Aaron is fine. Watch Jackson if he plays and if you like what you see you should be able to grab him off of the waiver wire. Any hernia is bad news and so is that damn turf toe.
You probably have to start Buckhalter if you have him.
...my sleeper pick of course is Fred Jackson 20pts during garbage time in the 2nd half. 2 tds and 70yrds rushing with at least 20yrds receiving. (my guess is a 40+yrd rec. for a td) but however it works out 20pts or more for him.
Top QB will be Cutler
Top RB will be LT or Chris Perry
Top WR will be Boldin or Marshall
Top TE will be Scheffler or Gates
Top K will be Scobee or Crosby
Top D will be Jaguars or Bills
Top Viking's fan will be Res Ipsa

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Honestly, you're one of the most uninformed "football fans" I have ever encountered... I'm not trying to be offensive, just truthful. Dude, I have been a Cowboys fan since I was six years old.... That was 25 years ago, probably longer than you have even been on earth. You can't tell me anything about the Cowboys or their fans.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Man, what a great effort by Green Bay today. They had a whole one good drive.

Its nice to see Ryan Grant earning his money too. Fumbling as usual, and not seeing the field and making the cuts. That has nothing to do with your hamstring. Thats poor awareness and focus.

So now they're 2-2, with a 2 game losing streak, and continuous injuries on both sides of the ball. And really, their 2 wins were garbage. They barely beat Minnesota at home on Monday Night Football, they give up a lead to the Detroit Lions, and they get blown up by Dallas. Now they lose to the Buccaneers?

This team is not last year's team. If they weren't in such a horrible division, I'd be convinced this team wasn't going to the playoffs.

reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

And you somehow represent the Cowboys fan base? You can feel free to point out where I said not one Cowboys fan has been a life long fan. I'm quite sure every team, yes even the Lions, has a life long fan. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys have bandwagon fans representing the majority of their fan base.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join