It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 NFL Season Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Jason Camble is freaking awful...

Dude cannot throw a ball more then 7 yards with any accuracy...

I don't know if it was just bad play calling, or just bad dessicions by the QB...

Worst sequence of the night...

With only a few mins remaining in the game, facing a 3rd &17, Cambel throws a 3 yard pass to his FB... Then, on 4th &14, he throws a 4 yards pass to his FB...

Either the guy is given HORRIBLE plays to run, or he just isnt smart enough to make the correct reads...

In my opinion, he is one of the worst QB's in the league... Mabye SF's starter is worse... Mabye Tavaris Jackson is worse...

But thats about it...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Definitely. I said this after the Hall of Fame Game:

I think if he keeps this up, Jason Campbell may want to watch his job. I think he's safe this season given that Brennan is a rookie and we're so close to the season, but if he continues to get better, next season may be the one to watch for you Redskins fans out there.

Colt Brennan finished 36 of 53, which is a 67.9 percentage, for 411 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 109.9 QB Rating.

Seriously.....

I mean, I know its preseason, but can it really get much worse than what Campbell did?

I said Campbell is safe this season, but now I'm not so sure. Unless Campbell comes out and has an explosive game next week against the Saints, I bet they go to Brennan at least once this season.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My only concern with Colt Brennen is that he played vs BAD talent out in the WAC...

And, when you played BCS-Level Talent, he got SMASHED...

But, If Joe Flaco can go from I-AA Diviosn Football, to Starting the first game of the season for the Ravens... I guess the NCAA Carrer leader in Touchdown passes cannot do worse...

Joe FLaco, 11-23 89 yards so far, BUT, no turnovers, and The Ravens are winning...

IN other news today...
Wille Parker is a Beast...
Donoven McNab is a Beast...
Michael Turner... Is a BEAST...

Stl and Houstan = REALY REALY REALY BAD...

Jets look go so far...
Ten-Jax game is intense... 2 GREAT defensives...

And i realise i made a couple of BAD picks in our FF draft...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
nooooooo the chargers just lost
ughgbghdghdfgdkbghdfgbk d sooooo close though aww

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

Yea...

My thoughts exactly...

How did the Chargers "Snatch Defeat, from the Jaws of Vicotry..."

Bad times...

But, they started 2-2 last year, and STILL went to the AFC Champsionship game...
So, its not over for them...

ESPECIALY, with Manning hurting, and Brady injured...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The Ragin Cajun does it again

That was a sweet play at the end, you have to admit. Panthers are going to be much better this year.

Smitty comes back after next week, got Moose back and Jonathan Stewart looks like he is going to be a keeper.

If it makes you feel any better, I like the Chargers also they are my favorite AFC team. Matter of fact Rivers earned my fantasy team a W today by throwing those 3 TD's.

They will own the AFC west this year.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
yeah it was a pretty awesome play but i wish it could have been my team doing it haha.. i was like in shock ...i mean i knew they would attempt something but didnt think they would be successful!! haha

yeah true about last season i know its only the first official game but still damn hahaha

also yeah i forgot about those two big names being down its a plus but i hope merriman doesn't follow that route either he's all playing on thin ice!!! damn

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I cant figure out what in the world Shawn Merriman is thinking. Two different torn places in his knee, I just dont understand why he doesnt take the opportunity to have the surgery and come back strong.

He is gambling with his career by insisting on playing this year. If he gets the knee fixed now he could have another 8 years in him, maybe even make the hall of fame. As of right now if he gets chop blocked one time his career could be over.

What I cant figure out is why nobody in the Chargers organization has stepped in and said it is a bad idea to keep playing on a bad knee. Irresponsible to say the least.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i know im scared one small move will end it all cuz he does have soo much going on for him.. damn..

the chargers are probably scared of ROID RAGE!!!! hahahahahah just kdding...thats true though if i was the coach i would be all NO NO NO UR NOT PLAYING !!

i wonder how long hes gonna last this season??? isnt it the coaches desision of he plays or not???

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I thought Aaron Rodgers did a very good job. The yardage wasn't huge, thanks in part to Tony Moll, but he managed the game, and thats all they need him to do to win a lot of games this year.

I don't know how I feel about saying this, because its good and its not, but I saw some signs of Favre in Rodgers' play tonight. You can tell he picked up a few things from Brett. Its good that he picked up a few things from a legend, but its bad because we shouldn't jump on the Ted Thompson bandwagon just yet and claim he was right all along because of one game.

The defense played well. There were a few plays here and there that they could have covered better, but Minnesota is an NFL team too and you aren't going to shut down someone every time.

I saved the best for last: the penalties. WOW!!! They need to get that under control right now. That can't go on. If they were playing a team with a QB and pass defense, they would have lost by about 20. Amazingly I'm not blaming this on the refs. The Packers, ESPECIALLY that offensive line, screwed up big time.

A stressful game overall. That Driver TD being called back hurt. I hate that that has to get pulled off Rodgers' and Driver's stats because of Moll. The pump fake was great and the throw, although a bit far, was still good too. And it was a great effort by Driver as well.

And that one TD throw by Rodgers...great pass. Off balance, in to coverage, and still hits the receiver. Did you see the spiral on that thing? It was beautiful.

Glad to get a win though. It was ugly, but its still a win. Last year in week 1 against the Eagles, that was an even uglier win, and it led to a 13-3 year. Hopefully thats what we have in store again.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I give you guys props, Rodgers looked very good. Your O-line played great, I dont think we even had 1 sack. At least Peterson still looks good.

Vikes are the same old Vikes, brain dead ultra conservative Childress calling a horrible game, and T.Jack once again proving that he is an NFL back up at best and a future Wendys cashier at worst.

Frustrating, we have one of the best RB's in the league, the best run defense, and a decent set of WR's but for whatever reason they just will not bring in a good QB to challenge for the job.

Everyone keeps saying that he is young and will improve, but how many years do we have to sit and wait and watch as he humiliates the entire fan base like tonight...throwing for 6 yards in the first half on MNF, against the rival. Unreal.

5 losses in a row to the Fudgers is unacceptable. I miss Dennis Green...hell I even miss Mike Tice at this point.

Crappy loss.......and Tony Cornheiser (sp?) is the most annoying human being on Earth!!

I never knew an announcer could ever come along that would make Dennis Miller look like Howard Cossell... but that guy is just unbearable.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Your O-line played great

I don't know what offensive line you were watching, but the one I was watching didn't play great at all. Penalties, especially the ones they committed, can hurt you more than giving up sacks.

You're right, they didn't give up a sack, but they were the cause of at least one ruined drive. If it weren't for all those penalties, the game wouldn't have been that close. At the very least, it would have been 31-19.

And yeah, Kornheiser is annoying. Jaworski is bad too. I hate how they laugh at everything that isn't funny. And they have these childish exchanges that get old. I don't know if its scripted or not, but either way, its awful.

Oh, and, nice of the Raiders to show up. Good job, fellas. Way to play hard and keep it close.

[edit on 9/9/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yep...I dont know if Jay Cutler looks really awesome or the Raiders are really that terrible.

And they have the most salary cap issues of any team. Al Davis has created a bad situation. Lane Kiffin shouldnt ben an NFL coach yet. They threw him to the wolves.

And to top off the horrible game play, Darren Mcfadden left with an injury and may be out. Must be hard being a Raider fan these days.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Your O-line played great

And yeah, Kornheiser is annoying. Jaworski is bad too. I hate how they laugh at everything that isn't funny. And they have these childish exchanges that get old. I don't know if its scripted or not, but either way, its awful.

[edit on 9/9/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

Keornheiser is the reason I cant watch PTI, his voice is like nails on a chalk board for me.

I never dreamed in 100 years I would miss Dierdorf and Al Michaels but this crew they have on MNF this year is truly horrible.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can't say I'm entirely pleased, but at least they pulled out a victory. They need to fix their defensive issues over the middle of the field, and they REALLY need to fix their offensive line issues. They're just awful.

Good game out of Rodgers again. He made a couple bad passes but the 328 yards and 3 TDs more than makes up for it.

How about Carolina and Buffalo? 2-0 on the year for both. I believed before the year Buffalo would be good this year because their offense can be pretty explosive, but Carolina has caught me by surprise so far. I think Buffalo will win their division now that Brady is gone. Carolina, I'm not sure. It'll be either them or Tampa.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did you watch any of the Jets game?

Favre made one bad pass that got picked.. but he was a man without an army out there yesterday. I didn't get to see any of the Packers game. Glad to see they pulled out the dubya though.

If things continue on.. it should be an easy division to win this year.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Other than his INT, Favre played well yesterday. Guys were dropping passes, and made stupid mistakes. The Jets should have won that game, if the rest of the team does their part. And that Kicker of theirs better get more consistent. There is so much less pressure when you make that first kick, and half-time is 6-6, and you are 3 closer the rest of them game. It makes the game play out differently.

But it was nice to see my Packers pukl out a huge win yesterday after falling behind. I only got to see up till half-time because the station switched to the bears/Panthers game :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My take on week two:
Green Bay is fine without Farve.....hmmm, but being down to the Lions 24-25 late in the 4th quarter isn't anything to brag about..Kitna of course is normally a fantasy dream because he gets most of his points in garbage time against a JV defense. But this time he just imploded...nice pts for GB's defense. You guys need Ryan to get healthy.

Vikes! Would you guys please get rid of Childress before I move back next year. I rather see Garcia throwing there than T.Jackson.

Jags....we need to borrow someones offensive line.

Denver....I love Scheffler.

Miami....at least it isn't as cold to drive to work as it is in Detroit.

St. Louis....mind numbing how bad they have gotten.

Panthers....I believe in "Dell Homey" they beat themselves in the first half but then took care of business. Not great in any one position but good potential everywhere.

Tennessee...my Jags lost last week because we couldn't encourage Young to stay in the game, even after we tried. Collins torched us in the end. Chris Johnson is the real deal too.

Redskins...didn't see it but glad Portis got numbers.

Chargers! You guys got so hosed! Ref took away the game from you...twice no less!

Denver.....Cutler, Sheffler, and of course Brandon did great...but....you had some help from the black and white.

Seattle...their poor defense, they earn their money.

Oakland and KC........wow....talk about nothing to talk about....maybe Miami, Detroit and St.Louis could join these two and start their own seperate division.

New England......well they survived without Brady.

Hey is Shaun Alexander ever going to sign with anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Did you watch any of the Jets game?

Most of the first half.

I agree, the team around him, aside from Cotchery and Thomas Jones, is pretty bad. Favre can't carry the team on his back. No one can.

But, its not as exciting seeing him play as I thought it would be. The AFC, outside of the South (because I like the Texans too), is so distant to me that its becoming difficult to follow what the Jets do and what Favre does with any passion. I hope he does well though.

I guess its just too weird not seeing him in a Green Bay uniform.

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I only got to see up till half-time because the station switched to the bears/Panthers game :bnghd:

I live in Detroit so I got to see it, but if I didn't live here....

....ah, the beauty of NFL Sunday Ticket

Its nice being able to watch any game you want

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Oakland and KC........wow....talk about nothing to talk about....maybe Miami, Detroit and St.Louis could join these two and start their own seperate division.

That would then require one of them to win the division. All of them do a fine job of screwing everything up. Odds are they'd all tie at 4-12.

[edit on 9/15/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I thought you had Texans seasons tickets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join