It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are supporting their troops, and they should be ashamed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OP, I absolutely reject your reply to me "sir" and ALL of your arguments. People ARE dying everyday, many good American men. My heart aches for them! MANY soldiers have qualms about the war but they STAND up ANYWAY! As I said before , I have issues with this war BUT I will ALWAYS stand up and give whatever assistance to our troops that may be required.

You have NEVER been sick and vomiting, throwing up and cold on the front fender of a tank, have ya? I have. Imagine being so miserable and KNOWING it just won't go away....OR the truth that you'll be fired on today and you sorta GET COMFORTABLE WITH IT! You, my friend, have a lot to learn.

The military is an arm of this countries foreign policy and like it or not we go where ordered. I am personally appalled that you would ever blame military personnel that live worse than incarcerated felons at times.... I'm PROUD to support them. They stand up for our country, right or wrong, in horrible conditions doing horrible things.

God bless them.

If you'd like to help them go to uso.org

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i am not trying to be snippy and i understand that good ppl can get led astray very easily; but just as i would hope to be told the truth and not supported should i be misled into doing something wrong, i can not and will not contribute to the war front.

however, after all this discussion on here, i wondered if i might be able help the families back here at home. i would like to do so locally.

i am not interested in preaching at them or offering my views, but rather offering a helping hand like maybe babysitting, cooking some meals (although that might not be fair to the family to have me cooking for them
), running errands.... basically whatever their needs are.

does anyone know of any sites that are making this happen?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

There are many places you can help. The USO has ALWAYS helped soldiers and they can tell you where you'd like to help best! It doesn't matter if it's a doughnut or a dental kit.

GBY,

Grendel

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am positive they can help with families as well. They are an AWESOME organization!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

k.. will go now to check it out and see if i can at least find through them the kind of volunteer work i am looking for. ty

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Which people will fight this threat (not from our own government)? Are you totally unaware that all soldiers and veterans were citizens of this country for at least eighteen years before they were soldiers? And guess what: when they are not soldiers anymore they will still be PEOPLE. I didn't want to fight the war I was in either, but apparently better me than you, huh? I can give all the support that I want to. My cousin and my nephew are there and Ican guarantee you they DON'T WANT TO BE way more than you don't want them to be. Are you going to spit at them and throw bags of # at them like those of your ilk did to me when I got home? If that is your plan you'd better stay home, because if I'm there and you do, I will whip your a-- like your daddy should have but obviously didn't. The enemy here is not my 19 year old nephew, nor the people of Iraq. As difficult as it may be for you, and it seems to be impossible, try to figure out who the REAL enemy is. Hint: first look toward D.C. then look in a mirror!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There will never be and end to war until our enemies can learn to love their children more than they hate us.

No matter what your personal beliefs about this war or any other war is that statement will hold true.

How can someone strap a bomb to a child and tell them to go into a crowded street and remote detonate it say that they love their children.

I am in the military and I do what I do so that my children and yours won’t have to.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
finally,I have found a home for this satirical picture.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Show some compassion man. These people are like you and me. Maybe they had no education and no skills because the schools are underfunded and they had families to support and it payed better than retail or fast food man. You need to think about the fact that everyone is suffering and the world is full of injustice and then show some compassion.

What people should really do is support local state government to declare sovereignty and pass motions not to fund the war specifically, let these greedy mercenaries in their fancy Hummers deal with it since we pay em so goddamn much. If the system wasn't so corrupt I'd totally expect that to work. I'm sure there are nonviolent ways to re-establish oversight on our government but its complex isn't it. Push the truth as much as possible. It's the American way, free speech and all that. Many soldiers would speak out against the way the war is run if they could, some gets across but there's really a media bottleneck well in place.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
If the system wasn't so corrupt I'd totally expect that to work. I'm sure there are nonviolent ways to re-establish oversight on our government but its complex isn't it.

no doubt!!
in the end, i know that what the majority of us below the gov't level (and higher) want is just to get things worked out w/out having to lose so many lives in the process. it is altogether a sad situation for the soldiers, the iraqis, the families of soldiers, and all the victims of this war.

shouldn't be so complex, but when one doesn't hold "the power," then yes, it becomes very complex and talk seems so cheap.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

you listen to me you niave little son of b*** I am a United States Airmen, and how dare you accuse YOUR united states soldiers of being niave, of "not knowing any better" you dont even get it do you? We actually know what is going on, we have seen it with our own eyes, and we held our brothers as they died in our arms. We dont speculate, we dont guess. We KNOW! It makes me sick to know that me and my brothers could die simply so you can sit on your fat a$$ and play on your computer and bad mouth the people who are risking thier lives to ensure freedom and democracy not just for you but for random f------s as well. So why dont you just have a coke and a smile and shut the f%#k up!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grendel39
As I said before , I have issues with this war BUT I will ALWAYS stand up and give whatever assistance to our troops that may be required.

That's great, and you should give assistance, as do I

See here's the thing, I grew up in a rough neighbourhood in Queens NY
I got sick n tired of # so I moved to Canada

Here in Canada I found so many homeless war veterans, even many many many iraqi war veterans. They come here because they feel americans don't care for them.

I organized some cookouts for them in a park every so often when i can afford it. Police always comes and breaks it up, but many get meals nontheless.

Don't take my word for it, do some research on how many neglected american vets come to Canada.

You have NEVER been sick and vomiting, throwing up and cold on the front fender of a tank, have ya? I have. Imagine being so miserable and KNOWING it just won't go away....OR the truth that you'll be fired on today and you sorta GET COMFORTABLE WITH IT! You, my friend, have a lot to learn.

Yes you are right, I need to learn to support the troops's mission thereby supporting their callous and selfish employers.

Thanks Sir

BTW, if you don't believe the cookout story, i have videos that I can find, upload them to youtube and show them to you.

I'll ask my wife where they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The military is an arm of this countries foreign policy and like it or not we go where ordered. I am personally appalled that you would ever blame military personnel that live worse than incarcerated felons at times.... I'm PROUD to support them. They stand up for our country, right or wrong, in horrible conditions doing horrible things.

its good to see some people are still based on good American values. It is people like this that make me proud to be a member of the United States Military.

I and my fellow service men and women are eternally grateful for your support

[edit on 15-7-2008 by usaf99ces]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Modernacademia defined himself properly "Half smart".

As usual, an academic that can't figure out how to pour piss out of a boot, when the directions are written on the heel.

God forbid anyone defend their country. Don't you know that it is evil to do that? One must instead bend over, hand the villans a jar of Vaseline, and drop ones drawers in preparation for their ritual raping.

They know that it is much better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

And the murder of over 3,000 people in New York in 2001 means nothing to them. The regular murder of tens of thousands of women, children and men by indiscriminant bombing means nothing to them. The desire to destroy every person living in Israel means nothing to them. They abhor violence, but only when it is done by someone from their own country.

Any country the refuses to defend itself will not be a country for long.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh yes, I forgot to mention. I served on active duty with the U.S. Army from 1959-1969. I did two tours in Viet Nam as a medic. 91B, 91C and 91F were my MOS codes.

I then used my G.I. Bill to earn my Masters Degree (and eventually my Ed.D) in Rehabilitation Counseling, and spent over 35 years assisting Developmentally Disabled to become independent.

I am proud of my time in the Army, which is why I use the forum name that I do. Only fools and poltroons make the kind of statements that "modernacademia" does.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic

And the murder of over 3,000 people in New York in 2001 means nothing to them.

for real?? see, this is the kind of stuff on either side of this issue i can't stand. i have been accused of not caring for the soldiers and not caring about the ppl that died on 9/11.

ironic thing is, i am up most nights BC of these things. it never fails, when i am alone looking up at the stars, that i think about what aweful things have and are happening under the same stars.

i cry about these things almost on a daily basis BC it does mean so much to me. i am torn right now on this issue bc i do see it from both sides.

i know right is right and wrong is wrong, but it also hurts on a physical and mental level to think of all those w/ the right intentions being led astray ON BOTH SIDES!!!

so, to go and say things like the above are accusations that neither side are doing any good by saying.

to say that the soldiers DON'T care is wrong. to say that those who feel this war (and those fighting it) are wrong DON'T care about the soldiers and those who died in 9/11 is wrong.

the tension and confusions stemming from this war are real and rooted deep in everyone's heart that have answered (no matter which side) on these types of threads.

maybe instead of being so rude to each other, start looking at the way the other person is viewing this....... that seems to be the root of most of these problems going on in the world right now..... ppl being one sided.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

God forbid anyone defend their country.

No no, Defend it! By all means
Your country has been hijacked, take it back

That was the entire base of my argument

Anti-War activists are fighting for their country

Military fights yet:
1) Allows their country to be bankrupted for their nation-building service.
2) Fights on the side of an illegal war
3) Majority of budget goes towards enforcing invasive foreign policy and NOT national defense
4) Endangers national defense by creating american animosity by being where they shouldn't be
5) Once again bankrupts the people they believe they are fighting for
6) Because of blowback, they make us lose freedoms by creating an excuse for bills like FISA and the Patrioc Act to get passed

They know that it is much better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

Better to live smart then to not understand what you are fighting for

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well, GOOOD! So you support the troops! Your tune sure has changed since the inception of this thread. I have to give you respect for that, and that's the real deal, not just a snide comment.

So. Are you ashamed?

Me neither. It's the right thing to do, irrespective of your view of the war itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You just don't get it do you

Many Active men in service(not all) don't get it either
Seems like homeless vets understand it better

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well, one of us doesn't get it, that seems somewhat apparent. I've seen both sides. According to your argument, if I would just become homeless then I'd have qualifications to properly asess the situation.

Still, I respect your support..... no....let's don't use that term, since it seems to resonate differently for you than myself; I respect your "assistance" that you've rendered to veterans. That's the best of who we are IMO, when we can help people who need it, regardless of politics. Good on you.

All best

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join