It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are supporting their troops, and they should be ashamed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I dont think anyone can say "i dont support the troops" whether you support the WAR or not, you have to support the troops whether they're British or American because when WW3 breaks out, it will be these guys defending you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
they're British or American because when WW3 breaks out, it will be these guys defending you.

Well that depends on where you live.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't see much point in this thread.

I think almost every angle, every view and opinion was stated in the other thread.

This is a good thread, but I feel all we are going to see is the same thing again and again. If we have already read all of the other thread, this is going to be pretty annoying to read all this again. lol

[edit on 13-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

thank you good point and god speed!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

If you do not support the mission, you do not support the troops.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I support the heros of America who fight for freedom here and abroad. These brave soldiers like McCain are willing to put it all on the line to protect our country from being destroyed on a daily basis. The bravery these young men demonstrate combating evil is a tribute to heir nobility and honor in their sacrifice for freedom and for america. John McCain lives these truths everyday and is a real hero. Support America and freedom by supporting a man who has been there and seen it all. Real americans like John McCain understand the fight for freedom that were in and our crusade to stand up to evil forces wherever they are.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ours is not to question Why.
Ours is but to Do or Die.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Ours is not to question Why.
Ours is but to Do or Die.

i just quoted you because what you said hit me pretty hard, although i don't want to say why.

ok....... my stance on this: i wish that i could make this all better for everyone. i know, i know, "don't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders"... but this is kind of how i view the soldiers. my heart hurts for each and everyone of you more than it may come across.

i HATE all of this that is going on. i don't blame a single one of the soldiers to be honest. i don't even blame the so called "elite." i mean, everyone has some sort of agenda for what they do.

i just wish i had a magic wand to pull all of our men and women home where they belong......... w/ their families, friends, and fellow citizens. i wish i had a magic wand to pull all the innocent children, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, and everyone else that have been killed in this needless war out of their graves.

i feel helpless because i know there isn't much i can do about all that is happening. anything i CAN AND WILL do is so extremely unimportant and altogether worthless.

just want to rid this world of the evil greedy arses and let those who value life to be home where they belong.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I like alot of other people I joined the Army right after september 11th because I wanted to be apart of defending the USA, I wanted to be trusted and tasked to carry out the execution of whoever was behind the events.

As time went on I began to wake up and see that what I was fighting for seemed to make less sense day by day and finally in 2007 I ad my ETS date and left the military but before that I considered claiming to be a conscientious objector to the war but could not bring myself to do that because of the people I served with.

I was 27 when I joined the military so I had a heads up and little could be done to brain wash me at that time...
It is this that I think saved me from the possibility of being just another sheep.

Unfortunatly for all those younger kids that join Im sorry to say many will forever be lost and few will ever see the light to what I am wittness to in this country. I am aware that the US government basically murders not just people of foriegn nations but its own people and soldiers alike.

I dont support the war, I dont support the troops in war...I support the troops in waking up and seeing what they are being used for.
Many are becoming aware of that thank God and finding it more and more difficult to accept their role.
But while in combat their is little you can do to effect change if anything.
Honestly thinking about crap like that, government using you, government killing innocent people, government evil plans what not, is really bogus.
You just dont have time to be thinking about such things and you dont want to either. A soldier wants as little stress as possible, atleast I know I did.
I just hope this war will be over soon and these guys can get back here, Im dreaming I know.
But I am willing to protect and serve the REAL united State of America
against all enemies..Im a soldier for life even though Im out of the military now but I wont stand for a domestic enemy anymore than I would stand for a foreign invasion.
Time will tell what will come from all of this and if it is somthing horrible then to me and many other EX military it will be like flipping a switch.
Im on the side of the people, not the government.

I just wanted to say this so people didnt think all soldiers are blind and emotionless followers of administration, I actually do think for myself.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just like the masters who taught Defense Martial arts....we should just be defending.

Every country has the right to be as dangerous as us. we cant stop evry terrorist producing country, so how does a war in one country defend our cities. I think 150,000 troops + a trillion dollars could have set up alot of security in our major cities.

But most of us know the real reasons we are there anyways.

THere really is no solution but consciousness. In hell, we have a shortage of it.

So, we are stuck murdering humans out of fear that they might kill us first?
If the elite had been waking up the world nd spreading wealth and goodness we wouldnt be in this mess. Would people be suicide bombing a country whos doing such good things.

So, whos to blame? the stupid elite or the unconscious masses? Both! Im neither , so thats all i can do....try to spread the love.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've got news for you that believe that our military is fighting for their country. That just isn't the case at all. The last thing you think of in combat, just may be your very last thought and more than likely it isn't about any patriotic feelings toward the red white and blue. It is likely, with the killing power of the weapons today, that those thoughts will never be known. Up until then, it is about doing what ever you can do to keep each other alive. You are no longer an individual, your rights to individuality has been drilled out of you. You are just a piece of a living breathing organism that depends on every person in the theater of operation to do their part, and the other pieces likewise. The enemy has been reduced to a sub human species that hates America, hates God,and has no respect for human life. Therefore since we, love and respect all of these things and most of all respect human life, must Kill KILL and KILL these horrible wretches (remember the programming). Civilian casualties,women, children,and other living organisms aren't human beings or innocent victims, they are collateral damage or noncombatant casualties. This is the way it all works, so fly your flag proudly, put the "I Support the Troops" magnet on your S.U.V. , and bitch to everyone that will listen about the weird Vietnam Vet with the special license plate, hearing aids, 10 thousand yard stare and funny limp that gets to stand in line after driving 110 miles to the V.A. hospital for medical treatment for a service connected disability, and has to submit to a drug test and pass or is denied care. And worse of all the guy gets a check. The only difference between the present Vietnam Vet and any other veteran, is chronological. What is being done to these young people is criminal, and criminals are the ones that are profiting. Seek the truth, question authority, challenge authority and impeach and prosecute those that abuse the authority that you as citizens of a democratic society have voted them into office have entrusted them with. That is supporting the troops in a manner that makes sense. Throw the politicians that have voted for this bogus war and the infringements on our freedoms and rights out. Reinstate the laws that prevented the financial debacles like the one that is gripping the country now. Demand that all troops be withdrawn from combat in Iraq,and Afghanistan now. Then the troops will know that they are supported.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who needs health care, and service to falling infrastructure when we can have WAR, WAR, WAR, for no reason but to steal resources for the rich corporations and so their CEOs make millions and millions a year?

Who supports the troops, supports the war they wage for the rich.

Why don´t the rich go fight themselves, with their own resources and children?

Great post, by the way.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hi Iggy, add this to your signature A Rich Mans War is a Poor Mans Fight.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

pretty good post OP

wars are a scam.....normaly humans are beings of light...a humane being

governments are really good at programming,mind control,etc.

plus money being the root of all evil and designing a society that is dependent on that #...dangle some money and youngsters will do lots of things for it...

very sad.....and it should not be this way.

we need to change course...we need NESARA or something like it..ASAP

www.nesara.us...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

you know what, i am down with that. if you can sell everyone else on the idea. My pacifism ends when my family is threatened.

i was raised on "Red Dawn".

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

My friend wants to go fight over there just so he could kill them... nothing at all to do with "freedoms". Is it ok to support him, or should I be ashamed? I really think being told how to feel and live my life and enjoy my freedom to do so is really important... so please do tell me soon.

Also, what are you doing here in America to help stick it to the man because of the freedoms your losing?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
People are dying, women are being raped, mass genocide, world oppression, fighting on the side of an oppressive foreign policy, blockades, embargos, oil profiteering, etc.....

Can you name a single point in human history where this WASN'T happening? Please, name one point in human history where world peace existed.

You complain about our rights being taken away, yet you disrespect the very people that protect our rights. Do you not realize that without our nation's sovereignty, we have no rights and we have no freedoms? Do you not realize that military action is inevitable to protect our nation's sovereignty?

Please, go ahead and start your own nation of peace. Have no military. Have no allies with a military to fight wars for you. Offer your people more freedoms than you have right now in the USA. Let's see how long your nation lasts.

So many criticizers, and they all have one thing in common: they offer no solutions, they only whine and complain.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That totally puts a new spin on the way you think about it. And it is right - but we do need someone out there fighting for us. Fighting for the 9/11 attack and so forth. Even if I do/don't believe in the conspiracy theories surrounding that, and or anything else for that matter. Iraq does hate us and given the chance, they would take an advantage.

I believe though, that with the problems at home, if evey country, decided to pay attention to it's own problems then perhaps by the end there would never be any need for war.

The sickness in the way today's world is, America for that matter, is very very disturbing. And the fact that people can just gaze on by it without so much as a second thought, because their used to it, should want the world to cause change immediately. But nothing is ever being done. Just talked about.

It's sad when children cannot go play in their backyards without the dog being back there, or a parent anymore. Or you can't let them go ride their bikes by themselves, go out for a jog, or trust your next door neighbor.

What to do, what to do.

But I bet you, that one of these days, somebody is going to step in. Their going to have been fed up with it, and take the little control that we have over ourselves, away. And were going to find this 'utopia' we crave for, more demanding, and more stern than we had fantasized. So really, just be glad it's not worst than it truly is. Cause plenty of people can vouce, it could be worst.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I still cannot fathem your post!!it just sickens me to hear this

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I know, I don't hate the soldiers
I feel bad for them in fact
They don't know better, that's the point of this thread

So when/if the time comes that they do get a functioning brain to know any better (and that's a big IF), then that's the only time they should get the support of the American people. Not before.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join