It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are not supporting our troops, and they should be ashamed!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyhurtsu
THe soldiers made a decision and it has huge consequences. Dont give me this, but they are doing it for me and my freedom garbage.

Im not going to kill anyone and I dont care if the whole world comes here and kills me. I dont need anyone to defend me because I died years ago.

How do killing and wars create more safety. Thats the male ego illusion. Safety thru scaring your opponent. Does that sound like the truth answer to the predicament.

The answer is to stop being weak and just surrender. Imagine if all 300 million americans refused to fight. All of the sudden the world realized the american military didnt exist. We say yea we are here and we are done fighting....do as you please.

That would shock the world so much, it would cause a massive change in the way people saw life. I think a loving fearless move would alter consciousness so much it would end wars. But of course people arent going to agree with this. Cuz they buy into the fear of humans being inherently war mongers. Thats the lie that is being perpetuated.

You died years ago.. Riiiight. I would love to see you say that with a assault rifle to your face. Read my post on page 4, explains it all.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789 Most of them enlisted for the right reason's.

There is never any "right reason" to join any military, just as there is no justification for anyone working any kind of government job, be it the cops or the postman. I know we all gotta do what we have to in order to get by, and thus we are all slaves of the system in one way, but working for the government in ANY capacity is absolutely the lowest of the low. The filth of the world, however noble their intentions. It sickens me to see so many girls here in SoCal who have military boyfriends or are attracted to "men in uniform." I have no faith in Xtianity but to borrow a metaphor, ANY uniform is a "mark of the beast." These are the ones who have truly sold their selves out to "the beast."

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I respect the troops that first went to Iraq and afghanisstan, but I have no respect for the ignorant wave of soldiers who have recently signed up.

Fighting is no honorable any more and they arent helping our country. It bugs me when my friends who sign up act like they are fighting for some divine higher purpose when they are just volunteering to play a pawn in a game that is detrimental to us all.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

your telling me in america , life is so bad, we only have 2 choices in life

Fight for the military and kill ppl

or option 2

live on the streets and starve

Yea right thats a huge load of #

dude they could work at mcdonalds at least...even tho some people may say the food you serve is poison!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It will be interesting to hear the "support the troops" choir change their tune after their heroes come home and fall into a life of violent criminality since by now they have been completely desensitized and socialized to killing and mayhem. It the blink of an eye they will turn from hero to scum and all the true patriots will be screaming for their execution.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

Support war, love war, hate war, you'll demand someone else to take those bullets when the metaphorical sh*t hits the fan. If war ever is seen by the sheltered and spoiled American people they will love us.

Why do I always see soldiers say this?

Some of you appear to say that your tough guys, fighting for us etc, and that we are all weak pathetic fools, who can't handle becoming a soldier.

I see that a lot, why? Ego stroking?

I'm pretty sure if sh*t hits the fan like you say, that a lot of these people who don't support the war, WILL help fight to protect their country, because that really will be protecting their country and families.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Its a sad state of affairs...

The liberal media is in love with the Anti-War nut jobs, and code stnik... i mean, code pink...

The media is the root of the cause here, it is obly because of the mindless following of the majority of the television audience that this "anti-EVERYTHING-american sentiment has been able to flourish...

But honestly, its cool to hate America, now in America.... and thats probaly not going to change ANYTIME soon... not with an Anti-American president running... not a chance... and not when the Major media is in full Propaganda mode, pulling for him...

No... we are in a dire situatuon...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
People who think people should automatically support soldiers simply for being a soldier are the ones who should be ashamed. It's almost looks like brainwashed talk.

Yes they are human, they have emotions, and they are just like anyone else.

Those who don't know that the freedom they enjoy everyday is paid for with the blood of those who gave their today for someone else's tomorrow are to be pitied, at best, but really deserve nothing better than contempt.

If you think that service members are just like anyone else, you are woefully unaware of history.

Spend an hour or so reading these links and think about it, although I doubt that anything will wake you up except to lose what you've taken for granted.

??

What does the soldiers in Iraq have to do with protecting my freedom?

I DO know that I have the freedom I have today because of past soldiers, why did you bring that up, where did that come from?

What do you mean, that service men are better than everyone else? Simply for joining the army?

Once again what does the war in Iraq have to do with my freedom, WHY? should I support them?

You talk about freedom because of soldiers, what about soldiers like Nazis? do I have to support them too?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Oh my god...this thread as soooo gotten so ugly. I am not kidding, this has become ugly to the point of being horrifying. Trashing boys that went to fight? It does not MATTER if you agree with the government or not. To show a complete and total disdain for those that have honorable intentions is just wrong. It does not matter what side they are on, they work and serve and suffer for that which they love.

Sheesh lots of threads on ATS get shut down. This should be one of them.

Show some respect. If you are angry with your mom or dad or the girl that broke up with you when you are 15 that is fine, but do NOT project it onto the service people that mostly try to do the right thing.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Not agreeing with anything you said but respecting you for having said it. Whether you believe in war or not I would kindly remind you that the support for the troops is not a political issue. In any service, be it military, police, fire department, civil service, intelligence service and so on, the opinion of the people serving is not an issue, you get an order and you obey it, period. There is no democracy in the military where the soldiers get to vote on whether they want to fight a war or no, as in a fire department on whether they feel like fighting a certain fire or just letting it burn...

I bet a lot of NYPD and NYFD and Port Authority personnel in 9/11, and specially their families, would be better off if they said "nah, too dangerous and big, just let it burn and those suckers inside can just die"...but they didn't, at least most of them, and they managed to save as many people has they could and they traded their lives for the lives of perfect strangers.

And the reason for this, a thing that apparently few people on this forum have any notion of: A SENSE OF DUTY!

A thank you goes a long way but an "I'M Sorry for the sacrifices we asked you to perform", specially from the people that don't believe in a particular war, would be, In My Opinion, more then welcomed. Because a government isn't some alien body that flew in from the stars, once it is in power it represents the whole of the community, whether or not you vote for it, because in an organized society it is impossible to have a government for each persons opinion...
And Soldiers, like myself are not some strange fighting machines created by this or that government, we are fathers, sons, uncles, sisters, brothers of somebody. Because we have a sense of Duty we do not see conspiracies behind every shadow, we do what our government, in my case Canada, thinks is the right thing to do, period.

As for traitors, in the field we have a way of dealing with them, unfortunately in the rest of society I see that our governments have no such ways of dealing with these people...such a shame...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
In fact, I'd probably enlist in that situation.

Don't kid yourself. You would be drafted and carted off kicking and screaming, unless you deserted first. I've been around long enough to know that the guy who says that he would fight some past or hypothetical war while avoiding a current war wouldn't fight if his sister was being raped in front of him.

[edit on 2008/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]

Wow, what an offensive reply.

He avoids the current war because he feels it's wrong.

If there was a just war, that would need him to join in to protect his family and his country, I'm sure most people who are againt the war in iraq, would help protect their country and family.

Comparing the war in Iraq to that is just crazy.

Wouldn't fight if his sister is in front of him being raped!? where did that come from?

Why do I see comments against people who don't want war in iraq, basically saying that soldiers are tough, brave and strong, and all those who oppose the war are weak fools, and are too scared to go to war.

That is just silly.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Don't kid yourself. You would be drafted and carted off kicking and screaming, unless you deserted first. I've been around long enough to know that the guy who says that he would fight some past or hypothetical war while avoiding a current war wouldn't fight if his sister was being raped in front of him.

This is easily the funniest post I have ever read. I burst into laughter after that last sentence. Oh man.

Yeah I'm not suprised, did that boost your ego?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyhurtsu
If nobody volunteered to fight in wars, then wars wouldnt exist.

So, who says the troops made the right choice to go fight?

Heres a good way to make decisions. When you choose to do something...imagine everyone doing the same thing....Then you can see if that works.

So I choose to not fight and I wish everyone else would wake up too. Is it my fault the rest of the world is too afraid to do the same thing.

Oh but reality is that there are people who will attack us bla bla bla. Yea so what. Attachment is the root of all suffering. Nobody can harm us, we are forever. So why worry about hanging on to everything including your body.

Any argument against this is fear and clinging.

Wars wouldn't exist? What are you? 10 years old, or just plain retard?

The last country that decided not to have armed forces was the then called Switzerland of the Middle East (Lebanon). Know what happened to them genius? They were invade by every country in the region (Syria, Israel, the PLO, that had just been kicked out of Jordan), and were ravaged by more then ten warlords of rivaling factions. Today, instead of the Switzerland of the East you have a s*it hole that only exist as a theoretical country. That's what you get for pacifism...A country with the wealth and wellbeing of the West turned into a site for refugee camps and graveyards...

War is the natural state of human beings, it is peace that is the abnormal, and generally short lived, state.

Of course you won't fight, you have others to do the dirty work for you, while you get to be a pacifist hippie yellow belied waste of oxygen...

Soon, I hope, we will have a decent government that will treat people like yourself the way they need to be treated...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Support war, love war, hate war, you'll demand someone else to take those bullets when the metaphorical sh*t hits the fan. If war ever is seen by the sheltered and spoiled American people they will love us.

Why do I always see soldiers say this?

Some of you appear to say that your tough guys, fighting for us etc, and that we are all weak pathetic fools, who can't handle becoming a soldier.

I see that a lot, why? Ego stroking?
I'm pretty sure if sh*t hits the fan like you say, that a lot of these people who don't support the war, WILL help fight to protect their country, because that really will be protecting their country and families.

Does saying i'll do my job to protect my people sound egotistical? Are you kidding me? Yes, i'm sure plenty of people would stand up in a unorganized blob and try to wage a defense. Those people would probably be hit, maimed, or killed very quickly. Anyone can become a soldier in that situation.

Okay here, i'll put it in a different story. If you are walking down the street minding your own business and a man robs you at gunpoint. When this man is robbing you there is a cop a couple feet away. The cop should come over to rescue you, right? And you would be VERY thankful that cop risked his life to save you, right? That's my point. You can't deny someone love and thanks when they save your life.

Tell me where I called my American people weak or, fools. I said we are sheltered and spoiled because we are. You can stand up and try to fight if in fact war ever comes to American soil. I never said American people wouldn't! I know they would! If a war hit your town, near your family. Wouldn't you want highly trained warriors around you, not a militia? That's my only point.

I wasn't saying they would have support our troops bumper stickers after that. I just was saying they might be a little more thankful for soldiers. I clearly stated I don't care if people don't support the troops.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

It happens with Latvians serving in Iraq as well, but they should not be there in the first place! IMHO it was their choice to aid the amoral occupation of Iraq. So if someone else treats them amorally they just get back what they have given to others.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Show some respect. If you are angry with your mom or dad or the girl that broke up with you when you are 15 that is fine, but do NOT project it onto the service people that mostly try to do the right thing.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Sonya610]

Well talking for myself personally, I'm not angry with anyone, I just don't support what they are doing, the troops in the war in Iraq. I don't see why I should, it does not mean I hate them, I know they are human, they have their reasons, I am compassionate towards them, I simply don't want to "support" them.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

This is easily the funniest post I have ever read. I burst into laughter after that last sentence. Oh man.

Yeah I'm not suprised, did that boost your ego?

Wow, what a offensive reply. Your the only one with the ego. I was laughing at the comment, not who it was directed to. I found the dry humor funny! Please forgive me? I don't care if you don't fight, or if you do.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

This is disgusting world view. According to you the best defense strategy is an attack, right? Where does it take us? Our future is battleground and WW3, WW4, WW5 is inevitable. When does it stop? Till we kill off each other entirely?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Okay here, i'll put it in a different story. If you are walking down the street minding your own business and a man robs you at gunpoint. When this man is robbing you there is a cop a couple feet away. The cop should come over to rescue you, right? And you would be VERY thankful that cop risked his life to save you, right? That's my point. You can't deny someone love and thanks when they save your life.

Sorry, please let me clarify.

I do support having soldiers, they are very important for protecting our countries and people.

I simply do not want to be forced to support "Soldiers IN Iraq"

Of course soldiers are needed to protect our countries. And I am thankful of that.

Soldiers out of Iraq, at home, or in a war that I feel is right, will get 100% of my support.

Peace.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Wow, what a offensive reply. Your the only one with the ego. I was laughing at the comment, not who it was directed to. I found the dry humor funny! Please forgive me? I don't care if you don't fight, or if you do.

Ok, my bad then, yes you are right, it was funny. I just found it out of order, and very random lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join