It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are not supporting our troops, and they should be ashamed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

You've gained my support.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Okay, for those of you whom don't support the troops, what do you suggest they do to garner your support? Quit?

If they quit, they will will be dishonerably discharged and put in prison. That right there will absolutely crush their futures. Good look trying to find a quality job with a Dishonerable Discharge on your record, and enjoy your stay in the State Pen.

For this reason, most soldiers wind up fighting for their buddies. Hedges quotes a United States marine corps lieutenantcolonel,
just before they crossed into Kuwait at the start of the first Gulf war in January 1991, who said: "Just remember
that none of these boys is fighting for home, for the flag, for all that crap the politicians feed the public. They are fighting
just for each other, just for each other."

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

Why do they need anyones support?

Do you go to work everyday and say to yourself "It's a good thing people support me, otherwise I couldn't do this job"?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
Okay, for those of you whom don't support the troops, what do you suggest they do to garner your support? Quit?

If they quit, they will will be dishonerably discharged and put in prison. That right there will absolutely crush their futures. Good look trying to find a quality job with a Dishonerable Discharge on your record, and enjoy your stay in the State Pen.

For this reason, most soldiers wind up fighting for their buddies. Hedges quotes a United States marine corps lieutenantcolonel,
just before they crossed into Kuwait at the start of the first Gulf war in January 1991, who said: "Just remember
that none of these boys is fighting for home, for the flag, for all that crap the politicians feed the public. They are fighting
just for each other, just for each other."

Good luck living with yourself after you find out that you murdered innocent people, after you questioned it yourself but decided to go through with it anyway to avoid a court martial.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jprophet420]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420Good luck living with yourself after you find out that you murdered innocent people, after you questioned it yourself but decided to go through with it anyway to avoid a court martial.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jprophet420]

So, like I said, what do you suggest they do? Do you suggest every Military man and woman refuse to go to War?

If they do that, they are dishonerably discharged and sent to prison. Then, I pose you this question, who is left to defend our country against enemy attack?

You?

Edit: And what do you suppose I tell my four nieces and nephew when they find out their father will be in prison for quite a few years, and that their sole source of income is their mother who works on the military base the will surely be kicked off of due to their father's dishonerable discharge?

Shall I tell them to enjoy living in the streets?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I will always support the troops regardless where they are or what crisis they are supporting.I think today if you asked the troops should they be in Iraq.Your going to get still a mixed answers of yes and no.Number one reason is always to get the job done.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Depends on what you reallybelieve in your heart, and more importantly what your brother does.

If you/he really believe(s) that the war is illegal and immoral, theres nothing you can say that would circumvent the truth of the situation. That is a burden placed on you and your family that I cannot help you with as I was not responsible for the actions that dictate the consequence.

I don't know what your brother truly believes and I am not responsible for his actions. I know what I truly believe and am responsible for my actions. Therefore I do not have to tell my stepson and niece "Why JP chose war instead of freedom."

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I will always support the troops regardless where they are or what crisis they are supporting.I think today if you asked the troops should they be in Iraq.Your going to get still a mixed answers of yes and no.Number one reason is always to get the job done.

Would you support them killed the person you loved most under orders?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

That question is biased since i live in the United States and have no family in current situations,i can't answer that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Firstly, they opted in for the job. They can't hack it then they also can leave it.
Secondly, they also know what they're going in to primarily do: Kill and defend people in the name of a runaway government (they may not know the last part though..)

The worst part is that they probably don't know the real reasons WHY they're there in the first place, otherwise they most likely wouldn't be in there doing their job.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

There can't be very many people today who joins the military and not knowing why they are going to Iraq.At times unless its medical,once you join you can't always leave.You are right on some accounts.They are joining by choice and thats their decision...thats why recruitment and enlistment is a all time low.They don't want to go in Iraq.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So, the OT is concerned with the failure of relationships during wartime and periods of deployment.
This is a very common occurance. I went to Desert Storm in 1990. My girlfriend was so proud. I came home just over 6 months later in 1991 and my girlfriend was just very friendly. She had already moved on.
It happens more to women whose husband deploys rather than men whose wife deploys. I am sure men will take advantage and cheat, but women move on and fall in love all over again.

I am pretty sure this has only been happening for about the last 3-4 thousand years though. Still a learning curve to compensate for.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

A Flag and a Star for you (I would give you 50 Stars and 13 Stripes if I could)

Totally agree with you. Some "Americans", fortunately very few radical liberals, go, in my opinion, as far as being traitors, not only to the Country but, above all, to the people that are defending their rights to be traitors.

I would throw these traitors out of the USA and revoke their citizenship, they could choose where to live(as long as it was far away from the USA), they would be banned from entering the USA and any American company giving them work would be severally punished.

I wold start in Hollywood, with traitors like Red Susan S and Moron Clooney (or is it Looney)....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Soliders MAKE the war.

Yes I do feel for them, of course, they are humans, some have gotten themselves into something they don't want. But without soldiers there would be no war! supporting solders = supporting the war.

Anyone can become a soldier, being a soldier does not mean people should automatically respect you, soldiers have to EARN respect by doing what is RIGHT.

If the war is not right, then they are not doing what is right by staying in the war = no support.

Soldiers are supposed to help the world by doing what is right, when they do something to gain my respect, then I will support them for sure.

Soldiers are not protecting us, our freedom etc, like so many seem to say, right now they are hired for the goverments own political agendas.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

You are sadly mistaken! Bureaucrats make the war and sit back to watch the carnage which is what Congress and the folks in the White House are doing. Soldiers take orders and do what they are told.

I am also honestly surprised at some of the ignorance and stupidity I'm seeing here, like the post I referenced above.

Our troops didn't volunteer to fight in a war. They volunteered to be part of this nation's military, whose prime focus is to defend the Constitution of the U.S. and the rights and ideals it gives us. They volunteer to defend this country against those who would strike out to take those rights and freedoms away from us. Isn't it about defending this country against all enemies, both foreign and domestic?

For some, signing up for military duty is a way to serve their country and uphold the ideals they believe in; for others its a great way to learn great skills and pay for school and in return the military benefits from that training.

In either case, these men and women put their lives on the line. At this moment the fighting has subsided in Iraq, but it has picked up in Afghanistan as the Taliban wages

What sickens me more than anything are arrogant, simple minded, holier-than-though-minded people yapping that they don't support our troops and calling them "killers". In North Korea, you would be arrested and most likely executed for making such statements about their leadership. In this country, good men and women will lay down their lives for you as you speak your ignorant trash. You do have that right in this country to say what you want, to yell it if you will, but those of us who truly appreciate our troops' contributions also have the right to yell it louder and right in your face, that we are NOT ashamed of our troops, that we DO appreciate their service to our country and GOD BLESS THEM for doing it!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We have always supported the U.S. troops. Currently, we support them via the Yellow Ribbon Support Group. If anyone gives a crap-and-a-half about people risking their lives overseas, say so here, and I'll post the link how you can help contribute to their wish list. They aren't asking for DVD players, they're asking for Gold Bond Foot Powder, and deoderant, and lip balm and lotion.

Most of these folks don't want to be where they are. I don't want them to be where they are, I want them home. Should we throw them away and say that's the deal they bargained for, so we don't care about you?

I'm not a rich man; I live a chosen minimalist lifestyle with my Bride. We are happy and want for nothing, particularly compared to those folks around the globe that pray for shoes, or their next meal. Most of my U.S. friends (it seems to me) are against troops being overseas anywhere. Fine, but they are THERE. Does anyone think that being against the Bush administration can be translated to ignoring the people who are fighting overseas? I can afford $50.00 every couple of months, and I KNOW it warms the hearts of the human beings that are doing the job. I've been in the suck. I know how it feels. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I await a response. Jesus Christ, this really pisses me off, some of the responses. I now back myself down, take a deep breath, go outside and gaze at the sunset, and pray for their safety.

All best.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Naw. I'm not going to say it. Be glad you are safe. I was once wide-eyed and full of hope like you. Be full of life and wonder. It's the best of things.

All the best

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would personally support the troops who are going against the grain and speaking out against this war. The ones who are questioning their authorities, leaving the service, truly spreading peace to other people of other nations, even if they lose their job or are put in prison..those are heroes to me.

I will NOT however support troops who are blindly following, killing others, and helping the war machine trudge on to claim more of our earth and its inhabitants. They do not support my voice, so they will not have my support.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Asmus]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Because your government in the USA uses its military as if they were as disposable as used condoms, your entire national culture is perverted. Your government uses these honourable men and women to fight illegitimate wars and occupations, and in so doing expose them to dubious and toxic vaccinations as well as so-called depleted uranium dust that is veritably poisoning Iraq. These soldiers come home with all sorts of physical and mental health problems, and your government does nothing for them using the usual phrase employed these days "There is no scientific evidence of a Gulf War syndrome." so as to exculpate themselves from responsibility, but they simply damn themselves twice over.

Once a nation validates a government like the one you have now, it will be a long time till the culture is altered -- if ever -- because it would require national repentance and a Congressional and Executive compulsion to do everything possible for the troops, their families and loved ones left behind, and the health needs of the sick, the maimed and psychologically traumatised among the troops.

The failure starts at the top with the enormous rot in the Oval Office and every sector of the civilian administration of the Department of Defense. Eliminate that rot, and you shall have gone a long way into doing something positive and lasting for the men and women who serve and have served their nation with honour and distinction.

[edit on 8/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thanks you LDragonfire for a post that should bring awareness, those men and women fighting overseas gives us the ability to state whatever crazyiness we want to on forums like this and we should go out of our way to make sure they get the recognition they deserve. The deserve so much more but for now its a start....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It is absolutely shocking to hear people say, "I don't support the troops." It's equally disgusting to hear them say, "they volunteered for it." Do you know how ignorant you sound when you say those things?

The problem with your statement is this: Supporting the troops is condoning the current situation that they are involved in. Let us not argue about semantics anymore regarding this ILLEGAL WAR AND OCCUPATION!

I support the troops in coming home and rebuilding the backbone that protects our homeland, which is anything but Protected!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join