It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are not supporting our troops, and they should be ashamed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the responses I've read here. You realize that the soldiers are someone's mother or father, brother or sister, aunt or uncle, husband or wife.

You don't need to be behind the wars of aggression our Nations are fighting to support the people that wear the uniform of our countries. Most of them enlisted for the right reason's. To the ones that only joined to blow stuff up and play with guns, I still support them but they don't have my respect.

Also, think about about the age of alot of the people in uniform. 18-21. Ya they knew when they join that they are probably going to end up in Afghanistan or Iraq but I don't think they can fully comprehend what they are getting themselves into. Funny, you only have to be 18 to join the Military but you need to be 21 to drink.

To the people in this thread that have been in and realize what our modern militarises have become, good on ya.They are now just extensions of a Corprofascist establishment. Used as a weapon of aggression and not a tool of defence.

I'd also like to know how many of you saying screw them have served yourself or have family in the service. Not many, I'm guessing.

The lack of compassion displayed here is truly disheartening. They are still human beings. They didn't start this mess we are in, the politicians did. They're just stuck cleaning the mess up. If they can.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Those of you who say you don't support us very likely have never had the chance to be part of something bigger than yourselves. Stay behind your desk please. You're not strong enough to do it anyway. Yes we volunteered. Yes we chose this path. And yes some regret it, but more often then not the members that I serve with DO understand what is going on out forward. We DO realize what is going on. You want to say that the media portrays the war as the White House tells them to? Wha??? Sorry, you must get better newspapers and TV programs than I. What the media produces and what I've seen and see are two completely different stories. You want the truth, open your eyes. Get passed the the headline and really read and listen to the stories. Read some Milblogs. Then, at the end of the day if you're still confused and want to call CONSPIRACY or COVER-UP...maybe do some more looking into things and realizing that you don't, can't and won't know everything.

I've been a lurker on this forum for some years now with no replies, however I get sick every time I see one of these threads and all the horrible things said about the members in our military. My members. My friends. Real human beings. To the joker who said that we must accept responsibilities for our actions...I agree. But that "OUR ACTIONS" part belongs to those back here at home as well. My prepare for war pamphlet didn't tell me it would cost my marriage and everything I had before I returned home. It's because of those who care for nothing of their Military forces (Those that will be crying in a corner and blaming the Military and White House for not having thought ahead and stopped the assault on our Homeland before their house was blown up) that allow people to not care...to forget that we out forward are human. Are alive. That we deserve the same respect any human being on this Earth are due.

I may have gone off topic a little...I apologize. I find this site to be very well run and organized and did not intend to vear off.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's a strange question to ask here, because most people on this board have a better sense of what's really going on and some times circumstances get in the way.

To me it's clear cut i support them as human beings and want them home safe and sound, but there's no way we should of invaded Iraq, if another Country this big invaded some were we would be condeming them, this war is about furthering NWO plans, that wont work in the long run anyway.

But as human beings like i said i support them so much it's not even funny and were getting into some steamy debate but to answer the OP's orginal question again i think most people simply forgot about the war, this isn't the 40's were everyone simply follows propaganda altho WW2 was a war i supported because Hitler would of tried to take over the world and had man power to be a threat of the very constitution, also it's not the 70's like Nam were people are gonna protest on a large scale because people aren't like that anymore, there's no attention span and that's the bottom line.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

Well said. I thank you for having an open mind, an inquisitve soul, and a compassionate heart. I'm still in shock over some of the responses.

Also hoping that someone, anyone, cares enough to send tangible goods to the troops overseas. I suppose I'm too old to readjust my mindset. These people are, in their minds, doing a riteous job. Somebody has to do it. I'm glad it's not you; you seem like a good person who doesn't deserve to be shot at.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As for those who believe that some of these responses are outrageous, maybe you should think about this for a minute:

I believe 100% that there is individuals posting in here that have first hand experience, serving overseas, either in Afghanistan or Iraq with our armed forces, only to find out that everything is one big fat lie in all regards. Talk about being pissed off, and "WHY" would these individuals support anything to do with brainwashing and lies, only to Invade and Occupy two countries that had done nothing in regards to the "EVIDENCE" in hand.

No matter what you believe unless you have put "YOUR NECK" on the line for "LIES AND WAR-PROFITEERING" I guess you really can't say that those responses are so outrageous, since these individuals have, and could have died.

First hand experience grants those the right, to SAY, I DON"T SUPPORT YOU AT ALL TROOPS!!!!

COME HOME TROOPS!!!

This is something I'd go meet them at the airfields and welcome them HOME from a horrible wolves tale in sheep's clothing!

[edit on 8-7-2008 by theability]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by theability]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you really believe that people who do not support the troops should be ashamed of themselves, or should have charges brought against them. You are worse than the terrorist we are supposedly fighting against. Consider that the military is voluntary and, that you can serve as little as two years. Also that you are released after four years in most cases. So every person who is currently there chose to go into combat, chose to kill for a living.
Now by the same train of thought that you put forward, no one should condemn the suicide bomber for his actions either. He is only supporting his faith, family, and country.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I served in the military and, as others here, didn't seem to be receiving support nor did I covet it.
I volunteered to serve and served well. I then got out, got an education and started working a civilian job that pays better and offers me much more freedom than I was afforded while active.
What I don't see is anyone calling our troops baby killers like they did back during Vietnam. Oh, sure we always have the Anti-War folks but they'll never go away and they'll never understand why people follow orders either. Just be glad we still (for the moment) live in a country where even the dissillusioned troops can comment against the country they serve.
However, why should anyone be ashamed if they are not in the streets with yellow ribbons?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hear a lot of people saying it's SAD that the troops are not getting support for killing Iraqis but lets just think for a minute shall we.

What is SAD?

Innocent Iraqi people that are just like you and me that have died in horrific ways in the thousands.
Women, children brutally murdered makes no difference to operation destroy Iraq.

What is SAD is the US invading Iraq in the first place.

This whole pre-planned gulf War is SAD, it was planned years before the war started and for what?

OIL,
GREED
POWER,
DEATH,

Those who have taken control of the US in secrecy have turned it into a SAD country.
It's time for the Sheep of the United States to Wake Up & Take their country back before they are led to the slaughter because that is where they are headed and who is going to slaughter them? Their own secret government who controls those who you think are in power representing the USA
who are really just the puppets on strings.
Bush is a great example, he is one of their priceless little puppets.

Just a matter of time now before all rights are stripped away literally and martial law is declared for re-organization and construction of the country for the NWO agenda. It's going to happen just a matter of when now.
This has all been pre-planned and some people are so puffy and arrogant to actually talk about it out loud well in advance, Rockefellers seem to careless if anyone knows what they know but first the plan is take down Iran then comes the world de-population agenda.

SAD, SAD, SAD.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"Supporting the troops" is just a cheap, manipulative way to get people to support war.

I support the troops who defect after seeing what a scam 9/11 and the Iraq war are.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Look, it's not that were not giving them support. It's that there is no purpose for the current war, and both the American people and the soldiers are losing their incentives to fight. We are in a new age of individualism, we spend more time caring about ourselves and our families than others regardless of their occupation.

Americans should be ashamed to some extent because support is needed during times of war. I'm not kidding, this is very very true. To win a war, the soldiers need incentives and support from their country.

Americans think that they're all "Peaceful" and crap, but other nations consider Americans as barbarians. They also feel contempt for and pride over the Americans not only because America is invading another nation, but also the fact that Americans are not even supporting their own war.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks you LDragonfire for a post that should bring awareness, those men and women fighting overseas gives us the ability to state whatever crazyiness we want to on forums like this and we should go out of our way to make sure they get the recognition they deserve. The deserve so much more but for now its a start....

Can you explain to me exactly how they do that? Do they do that by stopping Iraqi insurgents (that we created) from blowing up the Verizon DSL hub next to my house? That would prevent me from making this post. Are they stopping some comic book style theme plot to destroy world communications?

It enrages me that people have the audacity to get on the internet telling me how I should feel and think.

You can make a case as to why you support or do not support the troops. When you decide that people should imherently have the same beliefs as you you set the human race back hundreds of years. If what I say "makes you sick" you should think about why someone elses beliefs are physically effecting you.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I have no problems supporting troops in dire situations like WW2 and the likes which is actually defending your country. In fact, I'd probably enlist in that situation. I respect my elders who fought in this conflict (grandfather was in dutch resistance), and especially my great uncle who died in WW1.

Problem I have is the two current senseless 'wars of terror' started by the USA and why they are occurring. That I do not approve, nor would I help the fat cats profiting and pulling strings by enlisting.

edit: and I can also understand why you support the troops regardless. It's more about supporting them as individuals than the actual situation (why they are there etc). If that's what you mean I agree. I don't support what they're being told to do at all and many on here would fall into the same category. I think people are getting mixed up between supporting the people doing the fighting and supporting the war itself.

[edit on 8/7/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by argentus

I have no problems supporting troops in dire situations like WW2 and the likes which is actually defending your country.

Believe it or not, even WW II was manipulated. FDR provoked the Japanese into attacking by cutting off their oil supplies. Historians have established that every Japanese military code was broken and that FDR and his military advisors knew everything about the Pearl Harbor attack:

From Publishers Weekly

Historians have long debated whether President Roosevelt had advance knowledge of Japan's December 7, 1941, attack on Pearl Harbor. Using documents pried loose through the Freedom of Information Act during 17 years of research, Stinnett provides overwhelming evidence that FDR and his top advisers knew that Japanese warships were heading toward Hawaii. The heart of his argument is even more inflammatory: Stinnett argues that FDR, who desired to sway public opinion in support of U.S. entry into WWII, instigated a policy intended to provoke a Japanese attack. The plan was outlined in a U.S. Naval Intelligence secret strategy memo of October 1940; Roosevelt immediately began implementing its eight steps (which included deploying U.S. warships in Japanese territorial waters and imposing a total embargo intended to strangle Japan's economy), all of which, according to Stinnett, climaxed in the Japanese attack. Stinnett, a decorated naval veteran of WWII who served under then Lt. George Bush, substantiates his charges with a wealth of persuasive documents, including many government and military memos and transcripts. Demolishing the myth that the Japanese fleet maintained strict radio silence, he shows that several Japanese naval broadcasts, intercepted by American cryptographers in the 10 days before December 7, confirmed that Japan intended to start the war at Pearl Harbor. Stinnett convincingly demonstrates that the U.S. top brass in Hawaii--Pacific Fleet commander Adm. Husband Kimmel and Lt. Gen. Walter Short--were kept out of the intelligence loop on orders from Washington and were then scapegoated for allegedly failing to anticipate the Japanese attack (in May 1999, the U.S. Senate cleared their names). Kimmel moved his fleet into the North Pacific, actively searching for the suspected Japanese staging area, but naval headquarters ordered him to turn back. Stinnett's meticulously researched book raises deeply troubling ethical issues. While he believes the deceit built into FDR's strategy was heinous, he nevertheless writes: "I sympathize with the agonizing dilemma faced by President Roosevelt. He was forced to find circuitous means to persuade an isolationist America to join in a fight for freedom." This, however, is an expression of understanding, not of absolution. If Stinnett is right, FDR has a lot to answer for--namely, the lives of those Americans who perished at Pearl Harbor. Stinnett establishes almost beyond question that the U.S. Navy could have at least anticipated the attack. The evidence that FDR himself deliberately provoked the attack is circumstantial, but convincing enough to make Stinnett's bombshell of a book the subject of impassioned debate in the months to come. (Dec.)

Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i support the troops coming home safely and getting educated on the true purpose of military in this country!

i feel sorry for some of them. ya know, the ones that are right out of the brainwa....oops, i mean the public school sytem...w/ their pledge of allegiance and "america is a democracy that needs to make the rest of the world a democracy" lectures. they get out of that and heard the war stories from their fathers and their grandfathers and of course, w/out even thinking about it........ sign the soul away to be one of the american gov'ts fine and proud military branches.

anyway, if this is a discussion about women not sticking around for their man, yeah...... hell, no suprise there. this IS america ya know.
"if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." ( i always hated that line) feminists know what they want (most often has to do w/ money and/or a certain american dream, aka fairytale) and when they aren't getting it, they go somewhere else. eh, men do it to though. probably has something to do w/ the ADHD that's been going around. lol

really though, if their partner is so fickle as to run off at the first trouble points, then that soldier got a lucky break if you ask me.

if this had to pertain w/ the war and supporting troops in general, then that is easy....... don't support the war, and i support the troops if they decide to finally say "enough, we are going home no matter what "dubbya" says cuz we have the weapons."

[edit on 8-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Those of you who say you don't support us very likely have never had the chance to be part of something bigger than yourselves. Stay behind your desk please. You're not strong enough to do it anyway.
Nice Personal attack/Logical Fallacy
Yes we volunteered. Yes we chose this path. And yes some regret it, but more often then not the members that I serve with DO understand what is going on out forward. We DO realize what is going on. You want to say that the media portrays the war as the White House tells them to? Wha??? Sorry, you must get better newspapers and TV programs than I. What the media produces and what I've seen and see are two completely different stories. You want the truth, open your eyes. Get passed the the headline and really read and listen to the stories. Read some Milblogs. Then, at the end of the day if you're still confused and want to call CONSPIRACY or COVER-UP
So you're saying that the real stories are different than the media stories? Last time I checked thats what a cover up was...
...maybe do some more looking into things and realizing that you don't, can't and won't know everything.

I've been a lurker on this forum for some years now with no replies, however I get sick every time I see one of these threads and all the horrible things said about the members in our military. My members. My friends. Real human beings.
1,000,000 dead Iraqis were real people also.
To the joker who said that we must accept responsibilities for our actions...I agree. But that "OUR ACTIONS" part belongs to those back here at home as well.
I already said I accept responsibility for my actions, and can answer for no one else.
My prepare for war pamphlet didn't tell me it would cost my marriage and everything I had before I returned home. It's because of those who care for nothing of their Military forces (Those that will be crying in a corner and blaming the Military and White House for not having thought ahead and stopped the assault on our Homeland before their house was blown up)
911 ring a bell? The war in Iraq is stopping a repeat how exactly? I really want you to answer that if you do believe what youre fighting for.
that allow people to not care...to forget that we out forward are human. Are alive. That we deserve the same respect any human being on this Earth are due.
You are fighting in a war I do not believe in under the false pretense set forth by my government that I do. IF you totally believe you are fighting for freedom and not under false pretenses I respect you for that. I do not support the war, and you are a tool of the war, so do not expect my support.

I may have gone off topic a little...I apologize. I find this site to be very well run and organized and did not intend to vear off.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Rarely do I jump into the fray on topics like this, regardless of my long time commitment of supporting the troops without supporting the war and the idiots in DC that sent them in harm's way in the first place..... but let me say simply this...... unless you have been there, watched a fellow comrade blown to bits whom you had chatted with moments earlier and be thrown into the reality that the bill of goods that was sold to you doesn't merit the attention of one troop, much less thousands..... then you are never going to understand what a simple "Welcome Home" means to the thousands of men and women who have walked in those shoes.

I can tell you this..... after the way we were sucker punched in Vietnam in a political battle on Capital Hill and came home as baby killers or worse because a few bad eggs made the headlines.... a simple "Thanks For Your Service" goes a long way.

I have interviewed numerous troops dating back to a few that are still alive from WW2 to today's military in Iraq and Afghanistan..... there is one common bond between all..... whether they volunteered or were drafted, they loved their country and fought and died for her. Did they necessarily agree with the DC BRAT PACK..... NO. They believed in EACH OTHER.

As I have said numerous times.......

You Don't Have To Support A War To Support The Troops. Volunteered or not, my hope is for each of them to come back home to their families and friends.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As someone pointed out in an earlier post the US and most of Europe has not been threatened by an aggressor since WW2 - Cold War excluded - Stalins bloody fault anyway.

The war in Korea never threatened the US, GB, Aus or the other UN participating nations. The Vietnam War never threatened the US or Aus. The same can be said for Lebanon, Somalia and now Iraq and Afghanistan.

So why the F*** does the US and its allies NEED to get involved?

If the US and Co. never got involved in Iraq the first time around, 9/11 would probably have never happened.

This war like most of the others since WW2 are wanton, immoral, illegal and nothing more than a US/NATO/UN power projection/ego trip. The troops should just say ''NO F***ING WAY HOSE'' - The excuse of saying ''Its my Orders, I have too'' is no excuse at all, as was shown at the Neurenburg Trials after WW2.

If the troops really dont want to be there, they can refuse to fight ....easy. Nothing is stopping them from doing that. There are no guns pointed to their heads with NCO's barking ''fight or die''.

There is always the option of MUTINY. If done on a large scale, nothing can be done to them by the authorities - you cant lock them all up. The troops there would probably get far more respect worldwide for refusing to fight than they are now.

I just hope the ''Coalition'' sees sense soon and brings the troops home safely. Leave the Middle East to the people that live there - they have been fighting each other for centuries so the coalition isnt going to make a blind bit of difference. As soon as they pack up and go home, it will revert back to what its always been like, as if the Gulf Wars were a bad dream.

The West will never understand the Middle East so we should not even go there .......... its only bloody sand, camels and black stuff anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Thank you. You're wiser than your [presumed] years. That's exactly what I thought you were getting at, which is why I bit back my knee-jerk reaction.

Well said, and I agree completely. yes, I think, at least for myself, it's a good thing to support the individuals in ways that matter to them. I disagree with the politics that landed them there. We're on the same page.

Appreciate your insight.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As i stated i'm on record as supporting the troops as human beings and wish for there return home, so yea i support them but the war heck no.

For starters Bush didn't even plan the thing right had he not jumped in guns blazing he would of had time to come up with a game plan that took the USA no more then six months to a year to implament a new government and we wouldn't be going through this, but of course he jumped in with no plan but to stall a war that should of been over in a year to a six year train wreak, so again yea to the troops and nay to the war as far as i'm concerned.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by King Seesar]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

You are sadly mistaken! Bureaucrats make the war and sit back to watch the carnage which is what Congress and the folks in the White House are doing. Soldiers take orders and do what they are told.

So what am I mistaken about?

The fact that without soldiers there would be no war?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join