It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

If the poster refuses, than this can be firmly suspect in all views, Simple as that.

If I had a story such as this, I would put it all out on the table with pictures and details covering any discrepencies or obscure information. Since this story seems to be a cut and paste from RATS, it would be reasonable for the poster to write the version fresh from memory in ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Forensic evidence thats the way ahead DNA , genetic material good non relative witnesses.

I am sure with all that a case one day will stand on its individual merits.
Until that day its all still speculation.
Most subjects even some I wholeheartedly believe in on this site are hard to back up with evidence, sometimes you do have to take a leap of faith.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge I want the truth just as much as you. If this is proven to be a hoax I will accept it and the punishment the mods bestow on the hoaxer.

You nor I can say yes it is a hoax or no it isn't a hoax. Until the mods label it a hoax I will respect Dan and keep reading the thread.

Surely we can agree it is interesting to watch the progression of the thread.

We are on the same side..................we both want the truth.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
I would like to do a forensic observation of the individuals re-write of the story from start to finish. ............
His wife is not to write the facts and he must not cut and paste from RATS ..................Than, he must register an account for his wife on ATS. She must write her own accounts

I really don't see what any of that would do. If this thread is a hoax, then what is to stop the OP from taking the time to correlate the new write with what has already been said? And, what is to stop the "wifes" account from being the OP at the keyboard? There may not even BE a wife, for all anyone knows from OP's less than 9 months at this site, OP could be a really bored 14yr old in the basement!

Yes, this is what cops do - but the cops are WITH the victim/suspect , not waiting for an anonymous re-write on the Internet (anonymous meaning, everyone on this forum is essentially anonymous, I could make new accounts with a proxy and battle a thread both for & against against myself ! lol)

Peace,

Misfit

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Forensic observation.

This will show the true nature of the story. If he has to look back and cut and paste, than the story is suspect of fabrication.

The way the story lays out now is this, he opens a new thread with cut and paste from RATS. That tells me he must not be able to keep the story glued together correctly in recollecting the event into a new thread open to heavy inquiry. Or it's a simple quicky way of opening a new thread for points. The fact he broke the story in RATS tells me he was testing the stories ability to hold itself together under restricted forum rules. He learned what to expect before he opened the story to ATS, than to keep it safe, he cut and paste the events rather than write it out anew.

Now he and his wife have the power to both write, not cut and paste, into independent accounts, the story details, fresh from there minds recall.

I've noticed in other post, he sounds coherent and his word usage falls into place. The story he cut and pasted read to jumbled up and broken. I think a re-write is without question necessary at this point.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
he opens a new thread with cut and paste from RATS.

OK, the do/don't/can/can't got me confuggled a bit. You are saying DO cut/paste the RAT story into ATS, to compare.

But of the wife logging in to post, or to even post under him ...... again, it's only the OP's word that there IS a wife.

To be honest with you, I don't see how anything OP has said can ever be justified as truth ---- on the Internet.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to post by BS_Slayer

BS, you know you are my first friend on ATS, but I am pretty sure that 'colour' is the correct spelling for Brits.

Yes, Brits spell colour this way. I use both spellings. Same as with favourite or favorite ...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

Yeah Gee I can't think of any reason why a guy that has just gone through a traumatic experience wouldn't want to take the time to redocument the entire thing for you a second time after you have been so polite and supportive to begin with. Surely his wife would be more than happy to spend some additional time for you as well.

It probably really only takes about 10 or 15 seconds to put some thought and effort into recounting a story like that, and knowing that it won't be HEAVILY scrutinized by many many people here on the forum should ease his mind about doing it.

The way you all have carried on and tried to nitpick every detail you could think of "look how he and his wife spell colour FAKE FAKE FAKE", even if he did comply to your wishes and answered every question and rewrote the whole account for you in front of a panel of witnesses hand selected by you, I'm certain you would just say "well he remembered all the details TOO well so certianly he is lying".

Why would you think he would want to do anything you requested, or answer any questions you ask releveant or not???? Heck with all the support he has received here, I'm surprised he hasn't offered to fly over to your front door and just provide you the actual knife handle!

--BS_Slayer you said "If so, post. I'm not going to flame or criticize you as long as you show that you truly believe it," Hmmm of all the things that are hard to wrap your head around in this post, whether or not Dan believes this story should not be one of them

---Kurokage your questions are ridiculous. You know how many people go through a traumatic experience and couldn't tell you if the attacker was wearing a bright pink or bright yellow shirt, you want this guy to tell you the specific details of the fighting combinatinos that were being tactically utilized. again, if he dosen't answer you have already called him a fake for not being able to "answer the difficult questions" if he does you will all try to poke more holes in his story, or crucify him for "giving too many details""

I guess what I am trying to some up here in MANY MANY frustrated words is: whether believe a guy or not, he can't be wrong either way he goes. If that is the way you are going to treat them don't be surprised if they are not super anxious to answer your questions and feel like they are being interogated, and if that is the impression you give people thinking about adding their thoughts to these forums good chance they won't.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by Badge01

Badge I want the truth just as much as you. If this is proven to be a hoax I will accept it and the punishment the mods bestow on the hoaxer.

You nor I can say yes it is a hoax or no it isn't a hoax. Until the mods label it a hoax I will respect Dan and keep reading the thread.

Surely we can agree it is interesting to watch the progression of the thread.

We are on the same side..................we both want the truth.

Cheers

Trust me, it is a hoax. I've seen countless things about this story which scream hoax, and not one shred of evidence to prove it was true. It is absolutely a hoax, there is NO doubt, for those who really take the time to read through the OP and try to make sense of it. I was pretty much 100% sure before the wife and husband dual-horrid hacking of a word was pointed out. This imo now, is lock-stock-n-barrel, not only a hoax, but a fairly bad one.

And I've been nothing but polite, I always am.... usually.

But I disagree that a hoaxer should get special polite treatment. Why? He is dragging ufology through the mud. He is making a mockery of this board. He is the sort of person that makes it that much harder to convice your regular everyday skeptic or citizen via the media that the credible stories are true, not fabricated illusions created by nutjobs or folks craving attention.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dan tells us he lives 5 miles from Loch Ness in Scotland.

Is there anyone (UK based) in ATS who would be prepared to go and investigate and report back?

If the story is true, he may be in need of real help and support. And surely someone here would be qualified to offer assistance.

Also, for any UFO hunters, this could be a golden opportunity.

If it's fabrication it shouldn't be too hard to prove. Or at the very least an investigator could post serious doubts and the reasons for them.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Your wife posted "One of its eyes is hanging down its face ..."

You said it's eye exploded like it was under pressure. How did it "hang" after it was "completely destroyed"?

You said half his face was hanging off. Did the hanging eye dangle over the side of the hanging face?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

This thread has shown me that I will not post an unusual event or any strange encounter for the general membership to read. I will be joining R.A.T.S as I feel there would not be so much hate and bad attitudes there.

Asking questions and searching out the truth is good. But some of these folks have been less than civil.

INDEED.

Who wants to be Swiss cheese courtesy THE CHRONIC ATS MACHINE GUN ALLEY!

All with the best of intentions, of course . . .

--ego
--ego
--ego
oh, and did I say
--ego?

Kind of reminds me of a very young kids on the school yard.

'You're just stupid!'
'You're the stupid one!'
'NO! YOU'RE the stupid one! Besides that, your mother dresses you funny.'

I don't think a lot of these folks would tolerate an authentic experience unless it happened in their laps and then they'd probably think it was just a hallucination of their own.

God have mercy on us all.

Agreed, I'm supportive of Dan, period.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
Dan tells us he lives 5 miles from Loch Ness in Scotland.

Is there anyone (UK based) in ATS who would be prepared to go and investigate and report back?

If the story is true, he may be in need of real help and support. And surely someone here would be qualified to offer assistance.

Also, for any UFO hunters, this could be a golden opportunity.

If it's fabrication it shouldn't be too hard to prove. Or at the very least an investigator could post serious doubts and the reasons for them.

Look bud, most supporters have gone silent because many of them who were previously on the OP's side have carefully read everything and thats when you begin to realize how much it stinks. I do appreciate your mentality, and kindness is a rare commodity but I can tell you have'nt read every single post. Seriously take the time to do it, thats what is convincing most people.

As for my British friends, I apologize for not realizing how common the OU in your words are. Thats the problem with us Americans is that we are usually so isolated that we don't always realize our version of something is not the correct one, speaking for myself anyway.

Anyway, for those about to post, please don't unless you have read everything, it won't take much longer than an hour, and will save you a little embarrassment. Enough holes have been discovered but I'm not so sure the mods have really gone over it because if they did, I think they would decide on a hoax. Although the popular consensus at this point is that they won't for the sake of the net traffic. It sure seems that way but I have never run a website so I'm not qualified to speculate on how it works.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by dizziedame

This thread has shown me that I will not post an unusual event or any strange encounter for the general membership to read. I will be joining R.A.T.S as I feel there would not be so much hate and bad attitudes there.

Asking questions and searching out the truth is good. But some of these folks have been less than civil.

INDEED.

Who wants to be Swiss cheese courtesy THE CHRONIC ATS MACHINE GUN ALLEY!

All with the best of intentions, of course . . .

--ego
--ego
--ego
oh, and did I say
--ego?

Kind of reminds me of a very young kids on the school yard.

'You're just stupid!'
'You're the stupid one!'
'NO! YOU'RE the stupid one! Besides that, your mother dresses you funny.'

I don't think a lot of these folks would tolerate an authentic experience unless it happened in their laps and then they'd probably think it was just a hallucination of their own.

God have mercy on us all.

Agreed, I'm supportive of Dan, period.

lol who are you kidding, you'd believe it if Dan told you that his avatar tried to eat him. No offense but you could not have read everything because you're take on this is seriously compromised by something other than logic. I actually admire your loyalty but enough is enough. Ego....please, this is a forum on the internet, get a grip.

Edited for posting error.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by BS_Slayer]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In the UK and the majority of europe we spell colour as colour, not color. That is the Americanized spelling, the same as:

Valour - Valor
Armour - Armor
Mould - Mold

You get the general idea.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
In the UK and the majority of europe we spell colour as colour, not color. That is the Americanized spelling, the same as:

Valour - Valor
Armour - Armor
Mould - Mold

You get the general idea.

Duly noted, thank you.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Ah, comment was not aimed at you in any way, or nitpicking at you. It was for Zealot who seemed a bit confused. I too have noticed the odd spelling habits Dan and his wife have. Maybe they went to the same school!

[edit on 11-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer

Originally posted by berenike

Look bud, most supporters have gone silent because many of them who were previously on the OP's side have carefully read everything and thats when you begin to realize how much it stinks. I do appreciate your mentality, and kindness is a rare commodity but I can tell you have'nt read every single post. Seriously take the time to do it, thats what is convincing most people.

Bud, I have read EVERY post. I took an interest on day one. I've stayed up late and cricked my neck to keep up.

I am not necessarily being kind. I got fed-up with all the arguing to and fro.

None of you can solve anything. Why doesn't anyone volunteer to just go and find out once and for all?

If there's no wife, no kid and no ufos we can be told. Otherwise there will be no end to this.

If Dan is genuine, he can be provided with help.

If he's just having a laugh the threat of a proper investigation should sort him out.

You seem to have assumed I am a supporter - not so. I've got many doubts, but I like to be fair.

I haven't contributed to the discussion before because I had nothing to add. Most of the questions or suggestions I had were raised by other people. This is getting nowhere, so what's the obvious next step?

I'd volunteer to go myself if I had any sort of qualification to deal with either a traumatised victim of aliens or a sick person with a knife collection.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Personally, I think the grammatical errors were more than enough. We found the word "originals" spelled incorrectly, in the same exact way, by both him and his alleged wife. Not a simply typo either, but a complete deformity of the word, both 100% identical.

That proves that Dan and his wife are in fact the same person, and before 500 misguided believers say it doesn't prove anything, it is certainly far more conclusive than anything that supports it, and overrides this threads right to continue as anything other than a labeled hoax. You guys want to keep your precious fairy tale, have at it, I could care less, but please get it out of ATS and let it rott in RATS.

I'm not naive, we all know why thats not going to happen, and I think its pathetic.

PS: Welcome to the thread by the way.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
That proves that Dan and his wife are in fact the same person,

It is an indication, but I wouldn't call it proof, and here's why. I am the computer guru in our family, having worked with computers since 1978, and I'm also an excellent speller. My husband, although a wonderful and intelligent guy, is a mechanic and not so good with either computers or spelling.

Were I in Dan's position and my husband in the wife's, trying to support me, I can see a very likely scenario in which Hubby would be asking me how to spell a word which would just happen to be one of the few words I sometimes misspell, and then he would spell it exactly as I told him to.

I really can see why you have some doubts and concerns, I'm not saying that I believe the story 100%, I'm not sure what to believe at this point. But in all fairness I am not comfortable with saying that a shared spelling error proves anything 100% either.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join