It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes, I'm fairly certain that "colour" is the way they spell it over the pond.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
I said I run and fight and have a real keen outdoors interest.

Yes, you did indeed say you run, and...
Link:

...as for 80 miles a week, thats is training because in 2010 I aim to run the Marathon des sables.

Which is a 6-day run across the Sahara Desert.

Fact that I am whiter than white comes from living in a cold wet country - So, well what ever really.

Need to explain puzzlements not yet raised? Better start working on your tan?

Good luck! Will you be posting pics here?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
He's in the UK that's how they spell color. Go away.
Go away you're not a good debunker.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

Yes, this tale definitely requires good debunkers. Good call.

However, how is the lad ever going to learn? Even the best make a mistake now and then.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If that is how they spell the word "color" than I stand corrected, but it changes nothing. The thread is full of holes and everyone knows it. I would have dropped this long ago however the mods refuse to delete it despite all of it's inconsistencies as well as the trouble and bannings that have occured. So I will protest it and NOT go away, sorry to tread on your fantasy.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
If that is how they spell the word "color" than I stand corrected, but it changes nothing. The thread is full of holes and everyone knows it. I would have dropped this long ago however the mods refuse to delete it despite all of it's inconsistencies as well as the trouble and bannings that have occured. So I will protest it and NOT go away, sorry to tread on your fantasy.

Hey, good pickup on the wife's dialogue! That right there is another more-than-solid nail in the coffin of this terrible fable. The fact alone that he mangled the word 'orginal' so terribly, pales in comparison that another person on this planet spells it the same, terrible way. I have NEVER seen that word spelled like that, he hacked it to bits worse than he hacked apart sushi-man. And his wife followed suit? I don't think so.

I 100% guarantee this entire thing is a fabrication. I also agree it should just be removed, or put on whatever hoax board you may have here. Do they have a board for that? If not, they should, so people can go back later, and see how blindly they followed something that was found to be laughably fake. Perphaps that would help deter believing anything spouted off by some random schmoe as the gospel truth, without a shred of believable evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, after reading all of your posts Dan I find it difficult to believe you. To help sway me maybe you could answer a few questions that have already been mentioned by previous posters that I feel would aid your story.
(Just so you know I was a teacher of Aikido for many years down here in Worcestershire and I have also studied Aikiken, Kendo and a little MMA.)

You stated that the goldfish man was looking at your wife, and that you grabbed him and pulled down towards you, was this like a clinch in muyai thai, did you grab him behind the head/neck before stabbing him in his eye? What were the positions of you, your wife and child on the bed at this time and which side did the fishman appear (the little details will help others and me understand more). Did you have to pull him across the bed is what I’m getting at!!

You say that you both rolled onto the floor, were you in the guard position or were you in the mount and why if the fishman was trying to grab your arm did you not snap it of with a little Aikido (a nice Nikyo perhaps)?
You stated that you shouted for your wife to throw you your knife, was this thrown across the bed to you in the dark, and with which hand did you catch it, are you left or right handed? You also say that you stabbed the fish man approx' 100 times, this should have at least left marks or bruising on your hand around the soft skin between your thumb and first finger. (trust me I know this having watched beginners doing basic bokken work for an hour lol).

I won’t ask any more question as you already have a lot to answer and as you seem to have skipped quite a few from other posters and to be honest I don’t want to waste my time if your not going to answer any difficult questions.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and this ridiculous thread actually inspired me to make a comment.

what killed this story for me a while back was him and his wife's punctuation.

They both like to use... to separate certain sentences as well as use - the same - hyphenation and split / words / like / this. Just thought I'd bring that up.

That's a wrap!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Dan, thank you for coming back to your thread. I respect you for that.

Please don't allow the rude people posting snide and hateful remarks cause you to leave.

I find many parts of your story very believable and true to the situation you were in. As time goes on I hope you remember more of what happened.

This thread has shown me that I will not post an unusual event or any strange encounter for the general membership to read. I will be joining R.A.T.S as I feel there would not be so much hate and bad attitudes there.

Asking questions and searching out the truth is good. But some of these folks have been less than civil.

I'm with you till the end.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This thread has shown me that I will not post an unusual event or any strange encounter for the general membership to read. I will be joining R.A.T.S as I feel there would not be so much hate and bad attitudes there.

I don't understand this position. How can a few pointed questions be more traumatic than a fight to the death with a fish-creature? 'O-o, here's blood in yer eye, but don't insult me'?

Didn't you post a while back that same question?

Link

If you can fight and overcome an alien you can surely hold your ground with this thread. Don't run away like a scared little lamb. Stand up and be a man. It seems like you are running back to the safety of R.A.T.S.

How will you feel when this story is declared a hoax?

Just curious. Thanks for your input.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Because alot of these guys won't read every single thing. Alot of them read DT's posts specifically, and read some of my "snide" and "hateful" remarks; skipped ohhh I don't know; 35 posts and declared DT to be truthful. The other half are little more than those who know it's crap but like the whole thing so they are "with him to the end" like good, and loyal friends. No respect for the farce we call truth, if it means exposing a friend who just happens to be a hoaxer.

It's not like there are alot of VALID questions that have been answered, so debunking a thread with nothing but conjecture, and fictionally fantastic detail is not easy, but the rational know what this all is, so out of fun I'm going to keep lurking so long as the drivel keeps coming. As for those who claim that this thread has convinced them never to come out with similar tales; good, because if they aren't out already then what you're really saying is that you haven't thought of one interesting and elaborate enough.

I feel bad for the ones who really did have an experience he or she can't explain and have basically had their chance blown because their subject is not as "flavorful" as this one. If so, post. I'm not going to flame or criticize you as long as you show that you truly believe it, besides, I'm just a guy on a computer, my flames are no different than anyone else except I actually care about you.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by BS_Slayer]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
Because alot of these guys won't read every single thing.

People don't read everything, because certain posters can't just state their opinion and go away. They have to keep to coming back and back and keep trying to prove they are right. Maybe it is a quest to get points? Who knows?

That is the biggest problem with ATS. There are threads 100 pages long, in which 80 pages are a pissing match which bring no new facts to the subject and just turn you off from following it any further.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP did the right thing. If any intelligent extraterrestrial being from another world or terrestrial being from the ocean had benevolent intentions, it would visit in daylight without surprising someone. I don't doubt that this being could be terrestrial. 95% of the ocean is unexplored. We have a lot to learn about our own planet and it's very possible there could be a civilization that was able to evolve and adapt in the deep dark depths of the ocean.

And I wouldn't doubt that if a fish like civilization lives in the ocean, then they have developed vehicles that can keep them save while traveling above ground. If we can travel to the moon, then they can travel here. They wouldn't just swim up here without any technology just like how human divers need pressurized suites to survive the high pressures down there.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

I understand what you're hinting at, and I admit that my entrance to this thread was not entirely as passive or classy as it could be, in fact I have stated a few times that I can be considered by some; a bit of an @&&hole. Thats fine, I admit it.

However; this is not about being right, or gaining points. I have been to a zillion forums and never gave even the most minute shred of interest in points or post counts. Points are meaningless and are not a substitute for observation or experience. In fact I'd allow a mod to remove mine and give them to someone else, I could care less.

This is all about adding just a spec of reality back to these forums so that legitimate individuals have a place to exist without being grouped with fabricators and their stupid lies. They deserve more, and regardless of any impending banstick or; "I'm tired of you telling us its a hoax" flames, I'm doing this out of protest. Two bans now, both individuals may not have been as diplomatic as they could have been, but they did more work trying to point out the obvious then the believers did trying to defend it.

Who's contributions were more valuable?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have read through DT,s thread and would like to believe its true as it
would add credibility to others who have suffered the same experience.
I must admit I do find the actions of the OP a bit GUNG HO.
Its hard because on these forums you dont actually get to know an individual. You have to believe his or her statements.
Andy warhal,s 15 minutes of fame comes to mind.
I will keep reading the thread and see where it ends up.

-#

[edit on 11-7-2008 by headlightone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
I have read through DT,s thread and would like to believe its true as it would add credibility to others who have suffered the same experience.
[edit on 11-7-2008 by headlightone]

Please explain how this lurid story would add credibility to others who have suffered the same experience.

I can't see it. Each incident should stand or fail to convince on its own merits and its own internal consistency.

Why aren't you trying to critically examine the evidence and judge it on that instead of favoring it because you think it would help others?

Thanks!

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would like to do a forensic observation of the individuals re-write of the story from start to finish. He will have to write out the events again as his mind recalls the evening of the close quarter battle with the entity he says was mutilated by his actions.

His wife is not to write the facts and he must not cut and paste from RATS as it all must be laid down by him for analytical comparison to his original story.

Than, he must register an account for his wife on ATS. She must write her own accounts of the event as well with no cut and paste. Since, I assume, she was referring to not being allowed an account in RATS, she has no restriction as an account holder in this section of ATS.

Than I ask he post pictures of the lock blade knife supporting the blade snap theory from several positions for analytical purposes.

This is a reasonable request to the poster in order to qualify his claims to a profound event.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

OK I see where your coming from I made a mistake with the word same it
should read similar experience.
I could of been a bit more in depth at that point because I would wager any similar experience would probably not be so brutal or described in such graphic detail. Mind you never know I dont know what some people may have experienced.The crediblity angle I state is, if this was a reality it
would back up any previous alien attacks out there in the public domain It would also give any other potential victims the confidence to come forward.
If your putting me on the front foot here I do find it hard to believe with the evidence against.
So thats where I stand I just didnt want to be too cruel about it, its not my style.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers

Than, he must register an account for his wife on ATS. She must write her own accounts of the event as well with no cut and paste. Since, I assume, she was referring to not being allowed an account in RATS, she has no restriction as an account holder in this section of ATS.

Good luck with this. It seems reasonable, just like the cops will ask a perp to repeat his story many times to validate it.

I'd think a person sincerely wanting to prove their story would be willing to do this.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
reply to post by Badge01

OK I see where your coming from I made a mistake with the word same it should read similar experience.

No problem, mate, thanks for the clarification.

Thing is, every other account of a CE-4 I've read about describes how the abductee or experiencer is virtually paralyzed, and not being able to do anything to their abductors or ET foes. This is the -only- account I've ever read where the victim was able to do -anything- besides maybe struggle unsuccessfully. This adds to the burden of proof, imo. (Certainly, other stories are just that - we're not sure anyone has ever been abducted by non-human entities.)

Even so, without forensics, I don't see it lending any validity to other encounters. In fact, it makes many people more suspicious that these kinds of stores are anythng more than an attempt to get attention. It shows the extent to which a person will go to put up and stand by an obviously fake story.

Just like stories of child abuse at the hands of the priesthood used to not be believed because people couldn't believe they'd ever do that, now it's become so commonly reported that it's not seen as unusual at all.

However, this illustrates that it's important to judge each case on the merits within and not on emotion or sympathy.

2 cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join