It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the U.S. is a joke

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I felt the same as you only at 26yrs of age. I moved and now live in New Zealand going on nearly 10yrs. I could never go back to the US, compared to the lifestyle here it would feel like living in a prison system tripping on acid. Hit the NZ job sites. I know I'll take flak for this but we are schooled at a young age that America is the greatest country on Earth but once you venture out to places like NZ you are sadly reminded just how lacking the US is. NZ ain't perfect but I make a meager salary and feel like a king, not to mention surrounded by incredible beauty.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Excellent post slackerwire, and your not alone. Unfortunately, the United Kingdom is in the exact same state, I myself have wondered many a times about the seemingly hypocritical stances/decisions that go on in this country. You mentioned a perfect example re: the nipple & live bombing.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Well, I've had bad times as well as good times. I've had health problems too boot. The difference in my situations in all these years alive is I never gave up trying to over come my problems. Because I am American and by chance not lazy or whiny, I have over came alot to be content in my life. I didn't say it would be an easy ride or without ups and downs, I just said an education and hard work and you will prosper. In my view, especially if you are an American citizen.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I see where you are coming from, the same thing is happening here in the UK. One thing I want to say is that whenever I see interviews with American citizens, it really, really angers me when they say, "America is the best country in the World!" or something like that, they're so patriotic yet while they say that, their powers that be are spitting on everything their ancestors faught for. I've seen many times people boasting how "amazing our freedoms are"... what freedoms?! Wake up, sheep!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You know what... this post, I might have written it a year ago myself. In that time however I have come to deal with reality, get over my g-d given right to have whatever I want and actually learn to use my brain.

Too many of us in the states have lived a life where everything was easy to a point where we became the 'slacker" generation... you know what...

MAN UP

A business on the net costs a few thousand dollars it has never been so easy to get rich, gas rises, so what? I worked all year and I went from at 36 divorced, playing video games, and stoned to building what amounts to in 3 years from today a 10 million dollar bio diesel investment, plus a career on the net

In theory I should be dead, my wife took everything including the children which broke my heart, the laws ARE retarded, people are all bitching and downtroden and feeling self pity... why? because they grew up thinking they were owed something...

I handled the conversion from "slacker" to man very well this year, use your head, realize it has never, ever been cheeper to be in business... that a depression and war is a great time to get rich, don't aim for money aim to "solve the problems" presented to you and become a Millionare My Friend... America for all it's faults is the land of opportunity...

I have a record, K? I went bankrupt K? I got divorced and was thrown into the loop... I lived in a room for 300 filled with a house full of drug addicts, I bounced to a University setting and now just 1 year later I spent the night in the finest place in town, I am home after a night where dinner and drinks cost 550.00 I am well on my way to being a Millionare, in fact on paper i'm there...

You can't whine you can't bitch, what you need is Humility and Self Control and Brains... that's what built America, that's what made us who we are, that's what's going to see us through... Forget the past, don't believe in the demons of socialization as your salvation, be smart, be a capitalist, use the tools g-d gave you and work hard and think hard

This is, going into a depression, during wartime the single best moment our generation will ever have to live the American dream, believe it or not.. from chaos, make order my friend, be strong, predict and make the future. In colapse comes the opportunities you need to rebuild.

Nothing can defeat you but yourself, those that seek power are weak, in the needs of many will you find your true salvation and all that comes with it.

Become everything they said you could never be.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You should change your handle to 'capt. obvious'...

Jokes aside... It's sickening that your are indeed correct. The problem is: How do we correct it?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
He's not correct in anyway... times are hard, get hard... F my government, F everyone there is only what I accomplish when I wake up every day...

In America, I have Americans and I have Immigrants, many of those immigrants will stack 6 to a house, spend nothing, save money and every single one ends up in business...

Wealth varies, the basic principles in a capitalist society that allows you to buy your freedom from slavery Never change, they only vary, the law can get tough... avoid the law jack ass...live good, the money can become hard, spend less than you earn and invest in solving peoples problems...college can become difficult to afford, books and the net are always free

There is always only one awnser, yourself... this is whiney baby entiltlement bs... it's crap, it's wrong and it's discouraging... you have blood in your viens and a brain atop your head... Use them, Sure, the generation before you got high every day, sttole allot of money borrowed when they ran out and sold you out... Duh, the 60's generation, currently lol in office, destroyed everything america was...

so ... so what? Turn to your grandparents, get a grip and remember what you really came from and tell your parents to f off... Bill and Bush and Obama... different sides of a rich coin, all ex partiers that have, no brains, lie, cheat and steal...

use your own generation, the giant net the worldwide resource you have and kick thier ass and take back what's yours...

"Poor me" will get you Zero, go out make a difference... that's what's Real

[edit on 26-6-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Rather than life in America being a joke...

On the contrary, it is NO JOKE.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's a strange world!
I wanted to say, come live in Holland.
But it's getting worse here also...
Not horrible like other countries, thank god!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am in Taipei right now. You should give this city a try. The people are insanely nice! Puts the aggression and insecurities you see in the States into perspective. Even the police out here are friendly

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You think Americans are stupid, what about all the people that are actually breaking into the United States everyday. Right now there is probably a Haitian, a Mexican, or a Cuban, etc. that is about to risk his/her life to cross a desert, open seas, or swim a river to come here and pick fruit, cut grass or clean toilets. If they are caught and deported, they'll try again. If they are successful they'll live a life that by their estimation is a vast improvement over what they were gonna get in their home country. Pregnant women cross deserts just to be arrested and give birth in American hospitals, So their baby can get citizenship.

Write what you wrote in Iran, in North Korea, and see who's knocking at your door. All you get over here is at most, a disagreement.

2/3 of people who say, "I am American" only trace their history in America to WWII and it seems that the decsendants of these people are over here making the most noise about what they haven't got. A bunch of little Cains. You inconsiderate little booger. Your continuous war-mongering across these last three generations is why all these laws exist.

All of these posts, which pop up every day, on the topic of how much America sucks are a part of a weapons program. The people who are writing them are like software. They're probably even being paid to do this. But you will find out just how much you've been fooled shortly. You come to my house and make war. I am going to take your house, your job, i'll freeze your bank account, make it so you cannot work. I'll find your spouse another lover and your children new parents. You cannot make war upon an immortal and think that this will end well for you!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I was fortunate to be a teenager in the 60's. We had music, heroes, protests, our own culture, communes, real activists.

What does today's generation have? Where is your passion? Who are your leaders? Remember, each generation has to recreate society the way they want it to be. If you think America is a joke, then change it. Don't just complain about the fact that you weren't handed Eden on a silver platter.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

They're so friendly because they don't have a bunch of beligerant immigrants and their offspring constantly trying to overthrow their country. Smuggle some drugs or get caught with a weapon in Taipei and see what happens. Do a real comparison!! Go to the bank and try to get a mortgage. Go somewhere outside the city and try and rent a cottage. Get a job and try and move up the corporate ladder.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I take it you haven't done much traveling.
You have no idea of the privilege we have as Americans.

It all comes down what you mean by travelling, doesnt it?
Travel to east-africa and travel to countries within the EU doesnt really compare .

It would be interesting if you could clarify what you mean with your post, what parts of the world you are referring to and what privilegies you mean.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

OMFG
QUTE
Higher education and a good honest job, that's the ticket to freedom.
You Sir have oit so worng and wiht this little exhume I know anyhting told oyu is a waste but rest assured be happy in your life ...Dont change it swim with it ..thats your advcie ..GREAT
Be a little machine in the clockwork of evil

Great Advice i just hope noone follows it ..
Vote to change ..You surely must be joking ...wanna change something ..
Next election
NOONE goes to vote
that bthe only manner in which change coiuld be achieved but thats utopia as people are veyr veyr happy in their little mindless useless lives ..

People are thick ..the masses are useless cattle ..And yes it s a shame but true ..so change wiht these suggestions is a jOKE and really useless
You cannot see this you are aobviously happy in your jail ..
Enjoy the slavery

Now to the OP
1stly I hear you ..I undertsand completely why the US has Amok runners people going around shooting as many as possible then killing themselfs I never got this but now iam an adult I see compeletly why ..
You my friend are screwed ...Get a passport get and job abroad ..
Dont listen to the BS some tell you ..
I tell you ANYWHERE is better then the US

I worked and lived in the US e 3 years and GOD iam glad iam back in Europe
Of course we get all the same crap eventually but at leat oyu have a bit ..just a bit more freedom ,,,and people are deffinately sexually frustrated in the US .. Its kinda funny to look at for europeans ..

last word ...run run run befoe its too late the new wordl order will be in affect 1st in the US and look at your laws its orwellian ..and its clear all just moan and o as they told ..so dont expect anythign to change
Its not gonna happen

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

LOL super patriots I like that.All the super patriots may wakeup very soon.Our dollar is on the way out.It took Bush just seven years to rid it of $.56 now we'll see if Obama can get rid of the rest.When the dollar fails will we go down like soviet russia and rome did or will it bring on the north american union?Most of the super dupers will probably still be happy when there is nomore usa.They can dance and expound on how free they are with thier new ameros.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I was fortunate to be a teenager in the 60's. We had music, heroes, protests, our own culture, communes, real activists.

What does today's generation have? Where is your passion? Who are your leaders? Remember, each generation has to recreate society the way they want it to be. If you think America is a joke, then change it. Don't just complain about the fact that you weren't handed Eden on a silver platter.

Well, you know I blame allot of what kids today take for granted on...the 60's it's refreshing to hear someone say it straight... so Amen...

It's just the example these people, myself for a time included expect the same experience, try to out do it via excess...

I commend you, I believe allot of people from that generation would have done more given this adversiy... but the example set doesn't show it... allot of people from the 60's sold out, worship money today...

salud for saying what's real, you have it tough, stand up...

and our generation...there are plenty of heroes to look at, no one is looking

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Originally posted by jsobecky

So what is your complaint here? That people go nuts if a nipple is shown on primetime? I'm confused - do you want to set the standards for every parent in the US?

My complaint is that puritanical morons have set those standards for us. Why not let the free market make those decisions?

The "puritanical morons" have set their own standards. Nobody sets *your* standards except for you.

Get XM Radio or Sirius.

See above.

Do you have choices? Yes you do. That is what makes this a free country and you a free man.

Debatable on several fronts.

Such as?

Well, you'd have to flesh out you allegations before I could respond, starting with definitions of "lengthy prison sentences" for "victimless crimes".

Please tell us where these "truly free nations" are where the gov't won't penalize you for paying your property taxes. And please tell us how an advanced society is going to survive if paying your taxes is a penalty-free choice,

To the best of my knowledge, no truly free nations exist currently.

I guess it would be silly to ask what your point was, then...?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Originally posted by justamomma
you were lucky (blessed, however you choose to word it) THIS time, but will you be the next time? and there is the problem!!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by justamomma]

The same could be said about playing Russian Roulette.

Maybe the solution is to stop playing games where your luck will eventually run out?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join