It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the U.S. is a joke

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by slackerwire

I could arrange for you to go someplace more glamorous like China or Iran, maybe Russia if your lucky....Such arrogance is unbelievable. I truly feel sorry for you, I pity you.

Quite the common theme among some posters here. It also is the easiest one for feeble minded people to come up with.

Or are you just too lazy to think for yourself?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Can read whatever you want? How about those people who wish to read books the government has banned ?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

hey, i hear what you are saying. but let me paint the picture from the standpoint of an average texan.

sure, i have more advantages than those living in mexico, but once they get over here, they certainly seem more entitled to get what i have to work for even harder.

when i first lost the only income in our family, my husband (now ex), i immediately started looking for a job. all the jobs that i once was qualified before marriage suddenly became UNAVAILABLE simply bc i couldn't speak SPANISH. so, now i needed to start focusing on a better education.

all good and fine. willing to do so, but i have no $$ and two kids to support, so i go to apply for a government grant. first, i have to go through an automated answering service (all fine still until....) that i have to press a # for the english version. i understand enough spanish (living in tx it really is becoming a norm to understand the language now) to have understood that THEY didn't have to push a #, but rather just wait on the line for an operator. but here i am, born in tx (an american state) having to push # after # in order to FINALLY get someone real to listen to me.

let's go through the process of "food stamps".. someone told me that illegal immigrants can get them quicker than those of us born here paying taxes. me, not being one to just accept what someone says, decided to go through the process just to see if what this person said was true (go ahead, mr. texan ........ said in a nice way, of course..... give it a try), although i refuse to get on them.... just wanted to know.

sure enough, same thing as when i was applying for the government grants to go back to school. speak spanish, ya get to speak to someone sooner. also, the emergency benefits are right there at your disposal should you be a mexican (even illegal) working as a farm hand, but those of us who pay taxes and are citizens (whether obtained by birth OR by going through THE process) are subjected to multiple applications and even if we should qualify more than that person working on the farms (and even if doing so illegally) are subject to denial.

don't say this isn't true until ya give it a try. i went through the process and can verify that it is, indeed true. now tell me, mr. comfortable (generalized, i have no personal ought w/ you and i WANT you to believe this), how far behind are you from losing all your comforts.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

I could arrange for you to go someplace more glamorous like China or Iran, maybe Russia if your lucky....Such arrogance is unbelievable. I truly feel sorry for you, I pity you.

by comparing yourself to third world countries you're just setting a lower stanndard of life.

perhaps within a decade america will be included amoungst the third world, what than, are you gona start comparing america to Swaziland

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well, it seems you didn't take my "superhero" remark to heart. Let me put it a different way...

A very wise person told me once that, "If you don't like your reality, perhaps it's time to re-interpret it".

So, go re-interpret your life. And the most important part...

LIVE IT!

In the words of Jimmy, "I'm the one who has to die when it's my time to die. So, let me live the way I want to."

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Well, it seems you didn't take my "superhero" remark to heart. Let me put it a different way...

A very wise person told me once that, "If you don't like your reality, perhaps it's time to re-interpret it".

So, go re-interpret your life. And the most important part...

LIVE IT!

In the words of Jimmy, "I'm the one who has to die when it's my time to die. So, let me live the way I want to."

because some of us have seen the future in the eyes of our children. i live it the way i want and sure, right now, i CAN live it somewhat comfortably (althought that is fading quickly each month that passes by). but what about my kids? if i continue to ignore and just live my life through this "perspective" of yours, where does that leave my sons? where does that leave our future generations? we are where we are now bc past generations gave up and/or gave in and we see the quality of our lives declining rapidly. do i dare ignore this and leave something worse for my children to have deal with? i don't know about you, but i can't do that and maintain a clear conscience. sounds good, until i look into the eyes of my boys.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Very well said. I have a 6 month old son and I actually feel guilty for bringing him into this world. Wouldn't trade him for the world, but I look in his eyes and think to myself "WTF have I done to this innocent angel".

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's funny how people b17ch and moan about the States, when the rest of the world is in a much worst condition.

I travel around the world and believe me we got it good in the States where everything is plentiful and the best opurtunities are available.

Sure no country is perfect, but I rather not live anywhere else, except for short vacation.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I want to know when this god being blessed america and just remind everyone that every human has the same rights. Just where does this god bless america crap come from? God bless Namibia.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
To further prove my point about the stupidity in this nation:

It is illegal to catch rain water in Denver. According to the Denver government, water that falls from the sky already belongs to them. They also state you can only use water once, and forbid the use of "gray water".

Source

Colorado Water Law requires that precipitation fall to the ground, run off and into the river of the watershed where it fell. Because rights to water are legally allocated in this state, an individual may not capture and use water to which he/she does not have a right. We must remember also that rain barrels don't help much in a drought because a drought by its very nature supplies little in the way of snow or rain. The reuse of household water (gray water) is regulated by the Colorado State Board of Health Guidelines

Thats right folks, the government owns rain.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

Evidently Hooked On Phonics isn't plentiful.

worse condition, not worst condition.

opportunities

Plus a few more

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

good is all in how you interpret it. it MAY very well be good compared to all the other places on this earth, and i tend to believe you in that (i say tend, bc i have never lived outside the states). but come on!!!! good compared to what it SHOULD be??? i think not!! i am a hard working single mother and i see the benefits of my hard work about as much as i see the stars coming down and doing a personal dance while saluting me. (for those not getting the analogy, i mean i am able to "get by" but not much else just as i enjoy the night sky, but they do nothing for me personally).

i would LOVE to sit here w/ that perspective, that good is good enough when viewed from the perspective other countries...... but given that mentality, we will soon find ourselves in the very same conditions as these countries we are comparing ourselves to. and sure they may be even worse off then too, so then what? even though, in the future, we are facing what they are facing now, are we still gonna call that good all in the name of "comparison"?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
AAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD crickets!!! come on! i am ready to go! i think BY FAR, at least for those of my age range, this is the best topic i have seen posted. bring it on. i am ready to seee more ppl getting upset, whether they are opposed to the OP or in the mindset of agreeing, because at least then, i am assured that ppl are THINKING. once ya all quit thinking, hand me that gun w/ that bullet. i will be better off w/ my chances in the afterlife than here. (although i feel we are not far off from all brain activity shutting down, and it seems y'all are doing it willingly ~ y'all being generic btw)

i love a good conspiracy theory, but GAWD, here is a conspiracy we are faced w/ that isn't a theory and yet, the alien threads and NWO threads seem to be getting more attention.

*crickets* while we sit here discussing things we can't prove and everything we hold dear now is slipping out of our grasp

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

believing in something that may or may not exist is easier than discussing the grim reality of life that we wake up to every day

I'd be willing to bet those who think I am nuts, or I should "move somewhere else" are also strong followers of organized religion.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

believing in something that may or may not exist is easier than discussing the grim reality of life that we wake up to every day

I'd be willing to bet those who think I am nuts, or I should "move somewhere else" are also strong followers of organized religion.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by slackerwire]

absolutely!! the society they are so "thankful" for is set up for their worship of these idols they call "god" (and i DO believe in God, but you will hardly find Him on the surface of christianity or any other religion, although he is there in all the religions, but obviously he is being overlooked bc the surface seems to be "good enough" these days). wonder when they find themselves being OBVIOUS slaves to that mentality, will they still believe their surface religions and their society so "great" and "good"? and given that mentality that we are better off than these other countries, will they find us still better off when we ARE these other countries?

*crickets*

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I agree with your post. And I have to really think of a polite way to agree with you as not to give certain people more reason to bash you. Then again I'm an anonymous commenter so I don't have to worry about too much. You are not the only one frustrated beyond belief, and worried about what happened to the country you might have once loved, and somewhere down deep inside you wishes that it would be again. I don't need to quote news articles; for there are far too many of those to confirm what you already know.

I'm around the same age as you. Guess what I left it. I took all their advice, love it or leave it right? Then they answer with "Good, we don't need you anyway!" I wonder what they'll all be saying when all the people with reason and vision leave?

Yes, it is an illusion, and one that most of them will choose to not wake up from. YOU have, and when you wake up and voice your feelings, you will ultimately come to realize you'll be attacked for speaking your mind. After all the ones that are still asleep will prefer you to be angry, that's when you can't concentrate on seeing past the illusion. They speak just like the other good sheep do, quote all the same rhetoric and fall further down the hole gripping tightly to their precious illusion.

If you have the means to do so, I recommend leaving, it isn't going to get any better.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sitting in your chair typing away at the keyboard complaining about the way things are is not going to change the situation... only your perspective, at best.

My wife and I were both afraid to bring a child into this world, considering the way it was when we were born and the way it is now. But you can either live in fear of the future, or actually live right now. We chose to live right now.

Consider what you think of your parents right now. Consider what you think of your grandparents as well. Now consider what your children will think of you when THEY are 30-something.

Will they think of you as someone who sat on the computer typing away their worries and woes, or will they remember you as someone who took an active position to improve the quality of America? (It's a rhetorical question so please don't respond.)

The real question is what are you doing about it?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
true life here in the US is a joke and the polticians do nothing but sit back and hoard money for themselves using the facade of keeping us safe and with the price of gas going up on a daily basis life here on the US is only gonna get worse.

couldn't argee with you more life in the united states has become nothing more then a shell of what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spreadthetruth

But how do you get to those islands? I can't afford a boat or even plastic inflatable water wings.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join