It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't know, let me try.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/046a3c789aa9e3f6.gif[/atsimg]

You're right, it looks like it just deletes the link to the media, the media itself remains there.

Trying the video...

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 28/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It will eventually dissapear, I thinks its because its in your browser. The photos go, but I noticed you can't remove a video from media, there is no delete option.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It's not a question of cache, I used three different browsers and the two that had not loaded this page before I deleted the image that I posted above still show that image.

The video was really deleted, as you can see after the "short message".

PS: although it may look the same, that image is not the one on my avatar, I uploaded it again and what I deleted was the copy.

[edit on 28/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah, this is a pretty old issue ... I actually have images showing up long deleted from the old upload space.

I assume it's a glitch between the haarpooning and "the" database.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I never noticed that because I never delete anything, I'm the kind of person that keeps everything, thinking that it may be useful in the future.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hello,

My thread has "falsely" been moved to Hoax bin by a Mod who apparently did it without checking the source. I have written back to the Mod but he/she has not corrected the mistake.

This is the thread - Suicide Note of Guantánamo Prisoner

This is the source from where the note was taken.
===================================================
"The Torture Archive" - The National Security Archive of George Washington University. Here is the link to the website- www.gwu.edu...

Or just click here - for alternative source and select Key Documents-
www.aladin.wrlc.org...
=================================================

I admit I made mistake for taking the prisoner as dead for granted and mentioned that in OP but that does not make the Note on which the thread is created as Hoax. Kindly look into this.

Edit to add: thank you the thread has been restored.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 29-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
What I can see is this...

There are indeed topics that cannot be discussed on ATS. Yes these topics will be shut down. Things like illegal drug use do not really belong on this site.

I do not agree at all. Many of the conspiracies on this site have to do with narcotic traffic, and extra sensorial perception. If not having the sharing of experience, how is it possible to compare with other experiences. Not all of us use dope. It is with the experiences of others that we can make our own decisions.

The T&C of this site are fine, well thought up, and the board administrators have not yet shown me any cause for concern.

But I have to agree that there are people here, that do not even instigate conversation. All they do is derail subjects. They claim fake on anything. And when you look at their profile, it just recently been created in the last month or the last year.

I believe a lot of the information on ATS is genuine. And the web has recently become more important then the News and Media networks. This in fact is a big problem to those with control.

Mark my words, deflectors, scam agents cover every interesting subjects on this site. You know why? Because here, right now, we are making a difference. We are shining light on those subjects that have been made taboo, and of course whoever THEY are, they really don't like that!

Peace to all of ya's

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
G'day all

Has the ATS site been having any tech problems during the past hour?

From here in Oz, the site's sporadically not been loading for several minutes at a time.

Just curious.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Same here, I thought it was just me or they were re-booting to fix chat.
But it comes back after a few tries and a few mins. pass.
Glad to know I am not alone.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

G'day Doc

It seems OK now

Hey.....I reckon it was all downhill for Val after "Doc"!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
G'day Mods & Admin

Just in case you'd like to know.....

There still seems to be something a little wrong with the performance of the site.

Pages are not loading & responding properly now.

This is not a complaint

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok this is something that is becoming a bit of an issue as of late (and not just for me) but no one can get into chat at all anymore and no one is really sure why

This is what happens when you try to click on "Login"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d14829e3a602.jpg[/atsimg]

And it freezes like this and you can’t go any further so I was wondering is this a glitch or has chat been disabled?

Please enlighten me on the subject

Thank You

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I agree....."Slowding". It seems to be happening more and more often.

Is it because the site is being "tinkered" with?

I know it used to pause when loading all the non-ATS stuff like google analytics and quantserve etc, but now it pauses when loading abovetopsecret.com stuff too.

Any reasons for this and is this what we have to expect from now on?

Not a huge concern but I feel sorry for those who may only have 56k dial up services and slower connections.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
As a new member, I'd like to know where this forum stands on the whole topic of the dual sock-puppet issue?

Yes, you want civility and decorum, and I understand that, but in some cases it is much more hurtful to a member - to realize that some members have organised themselves so surreptitiously as to lead the unsuspecting, uninitiated, and/or unwary on a discussion thread above their head in their dealings with them, and in so-doing have really taken the aim of any forum beyond the purposes of its existence, or made a mockery of true civility and decorum.

That is to say; the respect of the person you are discussing things with, alongside the impression you have of them in the way you are handling yourself.

IE: There's no point for me to be one way with a member and than when brought to attention, pretend like I didn't know what was occuring in respect of the manner I brought to the thread with this said individual, if such a thing did occur. IE: If I started with a serious and true tone, I must continue with it, must I not? I cannot just pretend this other person was the puppet and I was the sock, when I changed my tone from one of respect to one of a kind of joking contrivance?

True respect?: Does it exist on this forum in members' dealings whith each other, or are the ham-fisted civility and decorum protocols made so loud so far, just a way to make members kneel before administration?

Your opinion, off-topic, is most appreciated. Think of it (this) coming from a (master) Troll-King. By posing this issue, from the outset, makes this: me rendering the sock useless and insignificant, I guess. Anyway, your thoughts, please.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel Moszkowicz
As a new member, I'd like to know where this forum stands on the whole topic of the dual sock-puppet issue?

2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

G'day nerbot

It seemed to finally stop after a couple of hours & all has been fine since then.

I guess the site becomes a victim of its own success at times.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi and sorry if the answer is somewhere else but I couldn’t find anything.

I would like to know if I am allowed to announce on ATS a presentation my friend is giving in Australia. The content is very much in line with ATS topics (especially 2012 stuff).

Yes, I know a lot of people like to poo poo the 2012 thing, but then there are a lot of people who want to know more. He is a no nonsense, sensible and articulate speaker with a very good reputation for previous presentations and predictions etc.

His presentation is more science than new age hoodoo.
So am I allowed to make a thread about it telling people date and time etc. and how to book?

If not that’s ok, I am just trying to spread the word as I feel this will be a very important talk.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I guess even gremlins need to sleep.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi, so I was pottering around and noticed ...

In the interest of full disclosure, may we unfourofour please?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Considering the title and the number of replies, I think it's better to leave it missing.

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join