It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This is quite interesting. *takes a seat*

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

I think you'll notice that the motto "Deny Ignorance" is no longer up/ being used.

So...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hi BB

Not completely true if you look at the top of the page, but certainly gone from logos.

It's a conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by ATS4dummies

I think you'll notice that the motto "Deny Ignorance" is no longer up/ being used.

So...

Yeagh I know, but the Men in Black haven't shown up with the flashy light to erase my memories of the way ATS used to be. I'm expecting a knock any minute now... ooooops I think they're here! I'll feel better in a jiffy, I'm sure.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

That's a very interesting idea you have there . Since I joined this site , i am having a little problem navigating through it too . For instance , if I posted in a thread say on Page 9 , and came back later to view the thread and saw it has grown to something like 50 pages , and say I don't remember I Posted a comment on page 9 , then I have to Search all throughout the thread until I find my Post ? Or is ther an easier way to find it but I just haven't found out how to yet ? Some other Forum Tools I have used on other Sites are features where you type in your user name and then a Search Feature lets you bring up all the Threads you Posted in and a direct Link to the Page that your 1ST Post was on in that particular Thread . Could something like that Exist here , or eventually be Developed by the Powers that Be ? .............Just asking ...........

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Hi BB

Not completely true if you look at the top of the page, but certainly gone from logos.

It's a conspiracy!

Hey dude

Whereabouts is it then?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

In "my ATS" at top of page in toolbar you can access all your posts, threads and any forum you wish to favorite etc.

When I come to ATS it's my "home".

Hope that helps.

HUGE letters, on same grey bar as the ATS logo which is on the left near the top.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

HUGE letters, on same grey bar as the ATS logo which is on the left near the top.

I see the logo but there's no "Deny ignorance" man.

Am i being dumb?

EDIT

I see it.... when i'm in the reply page it's there... not there otherwise

[edit on 24/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks for the Tip Man , I see it All Clearly now ..............

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

If you click on "Public Profile" under member tools, there are tabs, one says posts, one says threads. If you click on posts, you will be directed to a page showing your posts. The downside is that if you click one, it takes you just to your post, not the page your post is one.

There may be a more efficient way to do this, but this is all I know right now. Hope it helps.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That area is usually covered by advertising, that's why most people do not see it.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I have all the regular banners and annoying distractions etc, but not on the "board" page or in "my ats" which is where the "deny ignorance" logo appears.

Lucky me.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

OK , I see that here . You have been most Helpful , Thank You .......

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

This is what how I see ATS pages.

This thread.

My ATS

Posting this reply

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I mainly use the following ATS pages when I visit:

board
recent posts
my ATS .. bookmarked for when I visit, no login because I have cookies and saved passwords.
and most, if not all, "in thread" views show NO banner over that area.
BTS does the same and shows the "deny boredom" logo.

You should also have taken into account that I have over 300 flags which may relieve me of some of the advertising. (If that applies at all).

Thanks for posting those pickies and I hope you now understand what I see and why I see it.

I appreciate the time you've taken to show me "your" ATS, but how about a response to my earlier query regarding ATS/BTS points a few replies ago.

Cheers...nerb

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Since I joined this site , i am having a little problem navigating through it too . For instance , if I posted in a thread say on Page 9 , and came back later to view the thread and saw it has grown to something like 50 pages , and say I don't remember I Posted a comment on page 9 , then I have to Search all throughout the thread until I find my Post ? Or is ther an easier way to find it but I just haven't found out how to yet ? Some other Forum Tools I have used on other Sites are features where you type in your user name and then a Search Feature lets you bring up all the Threads you Posted in and a direct Link to the Page that your 1ST Post was on in that particular Thread . Could something like that Exist here , or eventually be Developed by the Powers that Be ? .............Just asking ...........

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

You can go to your Personal Profile page (under "member tools" in the menu bar), then click on the "posts" tab. That'll give you a list of the most recent 250 posts you've made here, with links to the thread opening, the individual post, or all the posts you've made in the thread.

If you go to the individual post, you can check the time you posted and that might help navigate the full thread to get to where you want to be. I don't think there's a way to go straight from the individual post to the whole thread starting from that post, which I've always thought would be a nice feature.

Hope that helps though. If it didn't make sense, I can try and explain again. It's kind of hard to explain without pictures

nerbot -- I imagine you've come up with this possible answer to your points question too, but I would guess that if someone uses the alert/complaint feature they receive points (since it starts a thread in the staff-only complaints forum) but doesn't show up on their profile. That's my best guess for how someone could be getting points without public posts, applause, flags, or stars.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

What you see (or in this case, don't see) is probably because of the flags, but I am not sure.

About the points for that new member, I think that points collected in a deleted thread are still counted, although the posts are not displayed, but I am not sure about this either.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Your suggestion about the points seems a good possibility and probably the reason .

Thanks.

I think the Ad/Logo thing is something to do with me being in the 300/300/300 club for flags, stars and posts. A great perk and thanks to S.O. for arranging it a while ago when advertising was such an issue.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just an Idea for ATS not sure whether we're supposed to post it in the issues thread as it’s not really a issue but more of a suggestion...

Would it be possible to change the rules slightly so that if anyone wants to start a thread they must have 20 posts in all forums not just introductions because people just seem to sign up and post their threads in the introduction forum lately when it has nothing to do with an introduction to get around the system of having 20 posts to start a new thread in other forums.

Like these today

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second link turning out to be a pretty bad Hoax which is why its particuarly annoying.

Anyway its just a suggestion to stop people from getting around the current system.

EDIT: and now this one at the exact same time i posted this post

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Rising Against]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

G'day Rising Against

I think that's an extremely good idea.

Some of this stuff is truly terrible & demeaning of this excellent site.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join