It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
OK next question.. where is a link to someone in charge please?

I tried admin already

Look at the post above your last one, please.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by yzzyUK
OK next question.. where is a link to someone in charge please?

I tried admin already

Look at the post above your last one, please.

LOL sorry... just replied to your U2U :-)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
dose any one know of problem with the EDIT button not showing up. i resently updated my profile and since then i have not been able to edit my posts even within few mins after posting it, i use fire fox the newest version 3.5.7 any help will be great

i would realy like this fixing as i make LOADS of mistakes and its makeing look a fool

thanks for any help ace
ace

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Ok i did a search for you through out ATS and apparently this is a common problem.

Ths thread may help you best if you read most of the replies towards the end of the thread.

Read this thread I Lost My Edit Button

This may be the most helpful post from that thread I Lost My Edit Button, Most Helpful Post

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

you `d` man Rising Against, i had to use cap A when i logged in
thanks ALOT

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Happy To Help

(Second Line)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Clicking on the U2U link, using a direct path, or using the drop-down link under "member tools" re-directs us to the forum index page.

It is a problem specific to Mozilla Firefox. Here's a temporary fix: use a different browser to send/receive U2Us.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe one for Skepic Overlord....

Does anyone have a link to the ATS 2010 new graphical "revamp" at "Crowdspring.com" as mentioned in the latest ATSNews edition by Bill.

I searched on their site (and on ATS) but couldn't find the brief or any details.

Cheers in advance for any pointers.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I searched on their site (and on ATS) but couldn't find the brief or any details.

The creative brief and details are under the project title, "Redesign an Internet phenomenon."

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nice one, and thanks for the swift reply.

I'll check it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow! this is a Big Thread. I think the "My ATS" is great, but perhaps we could improve it a bit. Maybe a way to send you to your last post or list all of the replies to your posts. In short threads, it's not a big deal, but when they are as large as this one thread, keeping track of yourself is tedious. Perhaps you could even track your favorite posters, if it had a data base quality to the search engine, or maybe I just haven't found out how to do that. I'm still learning. I know you can search on topics, which is wonderful. Thanks for considering the suggestion,
zachi

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

There is a way to get all your posts to a thread -- just go to one of your own posts in that thread and hit the "thread" button at the bottom. Same goes for other posters in the thread, and it can be a very helpful way to navigate really long threads. For instance, I'll sometimes check on all the replies an OP has made to a thread that way to get a sense of what issues come up before I have to put on my boots and wade through the inevitable druck that shows up after about page two

I wish there would be a tab in our profiles of threads we've flagged, instead of just threads we've posted and posts we've made

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Actually, we used to track that and provide the info in your profile. Like thread views, some things just go away because the resources required (big) aren't justifying the benefit delivered (marginal).

Not exactly the same thing, but you can subscribe to a thread without posting in it or flagging it. I've got plenty of threads I follow by subscribing to them without participating.

Hope that helps a little.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks yeahright -- I thought I remembered that we used to be able to do that.

What I miss really is being able to browse other people's profiles for threads they'd flagged. It might seem kind of stalkerish, but it can be a good way to see what I've missed in topics that I'm interested in -- find someone else who follows them and check out what they think was worth flagging

It used to pick up more info-heavy threads -- the kind that people think are worth reading but don't have anything to add to and aren't debate-generators -- than other ways I've found of doing it that rely on people's actual posting habits.

But I understand the need to use resources wisely

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

You make a good point. The other alternative would be to review the threads someone has in their profile as "Favorite Threads". Not a really extensive list, and requires someone actually going the extra step to add those manually in their profile for you to see what they are. But it's a step.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yet ***ANOTHER*** thread 404'd from the database.

You ATS pin stripes think we don't notice when things go missing?

Michael Horn (Billy Meier rep) stating extraterrestrial presence ...
Discusion about Michael Horn (Billy Meier rep) stating extraterrestrial presence is (imaginary) ??? in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread533672/pg1

GONE... JUST GONE.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

As a member of ATS, I did find it uncomfortable at times that a thread I participated in was suddenly removed. But what it boils down to is the simple policy that ATS has is that issues between the staff and a member remain private and strictly between the two. This covers trashed threads. Sometimes reasons are overt and clear, sometimes they are not.

But the staff of ATS does ask that you afford the benefit of the doubt on such issues.

If you feel inclined, reach out to a staff member concerning the thread to see "what" happened. We can tell you if it was intentionally removed from the board or any other outcome that is possible. But what we won't disclose is why.

If an issue arises with you, it remains private and no other member is privy to the circumstances surrounding it.

Thanks for your detailed response, chissler.

I could not read it earlier because I have been away.

Sometimes I can make a reasonable guess as to why a thread has been sent to "Dimension 404" (e.g. when Mr Horn gets involved).

Other times, it's a complete mystery!

I guess you're "damned if you do" & "damned if you don't" explain such things.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
Yet ***ANOTHER*** thread 404'd from the database.

You ATS pin stripes think we don't notice when things go missing?

Michael Horn (Billy Meier rep) stating extraterrestrial presence ...
Discusion about Michael Horn (Billy Meier rep) stating extraterrestrial presence is (imaginary) ??? in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread533672/pg1

GONE... JUST GONE.

I can't wait till I have an entire DVD worth of all the threads you ATS pin stripes deleted. That's going to be a *VERY* popular DVD.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm puzzled

How is it possible for a new member who registered today to have a total of 16 ATS points and 3 BTS points with only a single ATS post and 1 star, no flags, no threads?

I ask this because my sixth sense is ringing an alarm bell in my head and I would like to turn it off rather than be suspicious.

Their username is what first grabbed my attention (which I will NOT disclose except to a staff member in return for an explanation).

Is it possible to post and not have it show up on the personal profile page?

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be grateful..cheers.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join