It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks semper

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

In our attempt to keep this forum focused on conspiracies relating to alternative substances, we are not allowing any topics regarding legalization at this time, either in the form of general discussions or specific news stories.

understood, but not the logic behind it

one of the largest parts of the alternative substances conspiracy IS the legality of it, but if you dont want to talk about alternative substance conspiracy theories then close the board, no matter what it involves if its an alternative substance it involves legalities and there isnt a thread in the board that doesnt refer to legalities in some way

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
G'day

1 of the mods recently posted a link to a comprehensive list of BB codes.

I didn't bookmark it & now I can't find the link.

Is there someone there who can post the link?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
G'day

1 of the mods recently posted a link to a comprehensive list of BB codes.

I didn't bookmark it & now I can't find the link.

Is there someone there who can post the link?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Here ya go..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks AccessDenied

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I miss light mode.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yea, I thought I was going crazy. I can't seem to find the light mode, and why did it change? I like the light mode.

Is the font different too or is that just my imagination? Everything looks so old and dated now.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here's another remarkable glitch i was not aware off..

When my public profile says i have created 49 threads in total and i create a new thread, my total total says 50....

So far not to much strangeness going on but when my latest thread is removed because a thread already existed on the topic my new "total threads created" count suddenly numbers 51!!

Is this a known issue??

Peace

Edit: It must have happened before because the actual number of threads I have created is 31 yet my profile page says 51??

[edit on 12-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh....and an other thing.

Why is the small little space between my explorer's scrollbar and and the reply page selectable?? (I am not a computer technician as you can tell)

Let me illustrate...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/cb36dc66efc7880e.jpg[/atsimg]

When you are working on a reply and you want to scroll up or down, you have to be really careful not to accidentally hit this little space or it's bye bye post...

Probably a known issue but just wanted to bring it up again...

Peace

[edit on 12-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

When you make a complaint that creates a new thread on the complaints forum (only accessible to staff), so your thread counter would be incremented. Could that be the reason?

As for the second question, that little strip on both sides of the page its there because its part of the layout of the page when seen at a resolution higher than 1024x768, as you can see below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b04c08c9adf08174.jpg[/atsimg]

I had to change the zoom setting on my browser to see it, as I have my monitor at a resolution of 1024x768.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
When you make a complaint that creates a new thread on the complaints forum (only accessible to staff), so your thread counter would be incremented. Could that be the reason?

Woow, there is actually a complaints forum? I never have that much to complain about and if i do have an issue i post it here or U2U a moderator.
But i noticed it this morning when my thread count was at 49. Proud of finally achieving my 50 thread milestone, i of course checked my profile. "50 threads created" it said. After the thread was removed, 10 min. later, my count suddenly was at 51....???

It really isn't an issue but i just noticed it and thought i would point it out.

As for the second question, that little strip on both sides of the page its there because its part of the layout of the page when seen at a resolution higher than 1024x768, as you can see below.

Like i said before, i am not computer expert and should have figured that this had to do with something i was doing wrong....

Thanks for the clear explanation ArMaP

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

That is an add. If you scroll out you would see that it is an onsite add for the ATS newsletter.

If you accidently hit that bit, it will take you away from where you are working.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Did ATS just change the text size here?

If so, it is TOO BIG, at least it is on my browser.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Same for me. I checked my browser settings but it's same. I think ATS changed their settings.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anyone know where the "Go light" button has gone?

ATS looks Horrible at the moment.

I can't stand this dark setting.

Has it been removed or is it just a bug?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone know where the "Go light" button has gone?

Has it been removed or is it just a bug?

Others have noticed too: Thread.

Sounds like they're focusing on a single look for the redesign.

edit to add, since SkepticOverlord just posted this:

Thread for member opinions on dark vs. light

[edit on 2/12/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yeah i just saw too....
Thanks

Oh well.... never mind.

More pointless changes.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey, this is not really an issue but I have a question. Where is the button to change the thread body to a light gray rather than dark? Can not seem to find it anywhere?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
id like to know why mods pick and choose what threads are allowed in the alternative substance forum

one thread dealing with legality is shut down

while other threads dealing with legality, with some form of the word in the title are left up in plain sight

if ats is going to have a rule why not enforce it across the board instead of picking and choosing?

what is ats' agenda?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Simple answer is there IS NO agenda.

INstead, what we have are groups or individuals who insist on posting personal usage anecdotes, often thinly disguised as something else...

It's been done to death, this topic, and there is nothing untoward - if people followed the rules, threads would remain open.

Simple as that.

[edit on 13/2/2010 by budski]

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join