It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Dramey

Simple answer is there IS NO agenda.

INstead, what we have are groups or individuals who insist on posting personal usage anecdotes, often thinly disguised as something else...

It's been done to death, this topic, and there is nothing untoward - if people followed the rules, threads would remain open.

Simple as that.

[edit on 13/2/2010 by budski]

no sir you are wrong just go to the forum
just go to it and its obvious

theres several threads right there on the 1st page

some have a form of the word legal right in the title

these pages are left open

when significant pages have been created recently they are deleted in moments, and they are no worse then the threads that have been left open

i have alerted every thread on the 1st page of the forum to the mods to have them treated the same way as the others, and nothing has been done to the others

if ats has a policy, it should be across the board

and i find it very telling that no mod or owner has addressed my questions once since i have started posting about this

if all threads were treated equally, i would be able to say nothing, however all one needs to do is read the thread titles of the threads on the 1st page of the alternative substance forum

here ill provide a link, click, read the titles, then let me know why certain threads regarding legality are left up, but when important threads are made, they are deleted within minutes

heres the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you talk about personal usage issues

it shows you have no clue what i am talking about

i agree we shouldnt talk about personal usage issues, we should talk about legal issues though, we should talk about real conspiracies

what is being discussed here is the legal issue and how it is enforced here at ats

when a thread is created about a specific law or bill that is coming up, or has been enacted, that thread is not allowed, but go ahead just look on the 1st page and at least half the threads deal with legality, and they are left open

WHY?

why are some threads treated differently then others?

the mods cant say they havent seen the threads in question, i have personally sent alerts for all the threads on the 1st page that violate ats policy and nothing has been done about them in over 3 days

stop defending ats when you dont even know the situation you are talking about

nothing i am talking about involves personal usage in any way

edited to say simply put

all one has to do is look at the 1st page to see how many threads are still open that have some form of the word legal either in the title or in the opening post, the majority of threads on that part of the forum violate ats policy about addressing anything to do with legalities in any way shape or form, yet many are left open/not deleted, while other are

edited lastly to say, if ats wishes to have certain policies, hey thats fine, i have no right legal or moral to dispute that with them, this is their site, but i do expect if they are going to implement policy, to have it affective across the whole board unbiasedly

if legality issues are banned, then close/delete ALL threads that involve that situation, dont leave some open and some not, thats just immature

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
ok and one other thing that needs to be said

you talk about how they dont want personal usage issues

just go ahead and read the still open threads, there are TONS of personal usage posts, they are still open, unedited/not deleted, while threads about nys law are deleted
(and i have sent plenty of alerts)(they cant say they didnt know about them or that they were overlooked, i pointed it right out for them in alerts)

if there is no "agenda"

then why this sloppy moderation that is very uncharacteristic of this site?

my goal isnt to have all the important threads closed, but my goal is to have ats institute its policy equally across the board, and by what i have seen and done, there is nothing anyone can say to make me believe otherwise

at this point all im asking for it to have it implemented equally, or the policy changed

im sure the policy wont be changed, so how about just implementing the rules equally throughout the forum

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So.... did something happen to the ATS News show?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

ATSnews will be back and better than ever. We are working on that, and several other new additions.

We've said since we started this it will be a work in progress for the first several months.

Stay tuned we are about to do some really COOL stuff.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Wow, Springer --- you sound a little....excited? Yay! Good.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have up your sleeves.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Oh I am, I am in deed!

S...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm eagerly awaiting these supposed changes Springer, I hope they live up to the hype

Then again, most things do here on ATS.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just a quick question if I may ...

Is anyone else losing pictures from their folders in ATS media?

If someone could take a moment to go to my pictures albums > my photos, you will see that the ones at the bottom of the page have started to disappear.

Granted I have uploaded a great deal of pics and maybe there's a limit I might not be aware of ... but I just wanted to note the issue to bring it to your attention and in case something can be done to remedy it.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dawg.

I haven't noticed. I have tons of my own that I use. I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ahh that's a relief!

The "ATS News" banner ad at the top had been replaced by "Subscribe to our newsletter" for quite a while, seemed like a giant step backwards!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this idea has been mentioned - but could it be possible to add a 'Fast Reply' button or something?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Like the one top left of each posts panel called "reply to" (that I just used).

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Haha nope. Erm it's more like you click the button and the reply box comes on the same page instead of going onto another window. It also makes it easier to reply to other posts (as in see what they have wrote.) If this makes any sense?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
G'day

Dumb question.....

When I look at my threads on my profile page it says "flags", "replies" & "views".

What does "views" refer to?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It means how many times it's been looked at.

Stars and flags are for ratings, views are just views.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

G'day m0r1arty

Well.....

That's what I thought, however it says the views count on all my threads is zero.

Does that sound right?

I guess there are bigger things to worry about.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
G'day Maybe, maybe not

Yeah, just checked all mine say zero too even though there's posts in them. I think it's a glitch here they'd yet to sort out.

Nicely spotted!

-m0r

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I wondered this as well a while ago so went looking for a thread about it and this is what i found......
Short Post explaining why view's are no longer counted

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

G'day Rising Against

Thanks for that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join