It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

Exactly, so you get that forum, and we get the writing forums.

It's a perfect trade.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Huh? "We" who?

You want a Writing forum on BTS, is that what you mean?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No I think that the writing forums are more belong with us in BTS, you can have the religion forums.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Good idea.

I also endorse this idea!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I looked at the ATS Issues Board and didn't see my question addressed.

Is it possible to have a thread I created moved to another board? I posted this in the Skunk Works but now think it would be better suited for the psychology, physiology, metaphysical board or the gray area. Or is it too late once its posted? Thanks.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You can U2U one of the Super Mods and they will be more than happy to move it for you.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When I try to edit my opening comment on my public profile page, I get a blank white page that says error, when I try to post the edit.

Does that sound right?

Or, does it sound like there's a problem.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
When I try to edit my opening comment on my public profile page, I get a blank white page that says error, when I try to post the edit.

Does that sound right?

Or, does it sound like there's a problem.
That's a bug that's been there at least a year. I usually hit the edit button, select all & copy, close that, open a new post on my profile page and paste in then edit, and finally delete the original post. Works, just a pain...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thanks.

I'll give that a go.

Yup.....that worked fine

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Anyone else finding that when you try to use quote tags in U2Us, they don't work any more?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Your right. I wonder why? Have you tried using the external quote tags? The external quote tags make a difference. It's a little labor intensive but it does make a difference.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
QUESTION: What is with the "tinwiki" threads popping up? I obviously know what tinwiki is since I have article there but I have never seen threads pop up with articles from it until just very recently. I was gone from ATS for a while so maybe I missed something?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
iv actually wondered this aswell as its only been last few days i noticed it happening lol

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Good, and your a tinwiki editor too! LOL, so I am not an idiot after all! BTW, how many entries did you do before getting the tag?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

urgh tbh i cant actually remember hun was a few and i spoke to one of the main editors at the time about it (think it was williamOneSac)
i was offsite for quite a while due to personal stuff so only really been active again last few weeks lol

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Are we willing having curse words blocked out of our U2U's.

Oh the humanity!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hi There,

Is someone abusing you via U2Us?

If so - please let one of the Staff know about it by either U2Uing one of us directly, or by the Complaint/Suggestion link in your Member Centre.

Indeed for all reading this, a reminder that the sites Terms and Conditions apply to the whole site...including the U2U Function.

You should not be subjected to attacks/abuse and so forth in 'private' via your U2Us any more than 'publically' on the boards.

So if anyone is experiencing such - please let us know.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

hehe, no!

I'm not being abused VIA U2U, just Me and some people on here, use curse words recreationally.... bad habit, and I noticed that the messages were really being misunderstood and bizarre, when #'s started popping up in place of them! :p

I probably should toned down the language then!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Might I suggest using [snip] and
as alternatives?

If your U2Us are being affected by automatic sensors the above are adiquate examples of how to use colorful speech in your dialogue without the # sign showing up.

A filthy mind will interject the correct euphemism.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ok, a "What's the dealio?"

It says on my profile that I have created 8 threads, that have 3 replies. The rub being, I have never created a thread on ATS, and it lists no threads under the relevant tab. What's really going on?

Chrono

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join