It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I just saw a posting by an - "Anonymous ATS" in a new thread.

I was just wondering when that began being allowed again?

I thought that was stopped months ago.

Just being curious.

REALLY!?

Link link link

What thread yo dont be shy... Please share

Please

Where... link....

Hacker?

Maybe still

LINK!

Others have done things recently that made me question... but your post tooo...

LINK

Pretty please?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am going to add on bit that has been nagging at me... and I will word it carefully so as not to point fingers at anyone...

First I will say that the issue was resolved and I found answers else where and it is now a moot point...

but the way it played out was that i simply made a couple small posts in a thread that asked

"Where is 'John Doe'?

These posts were deleted as off topic and a U2U followed stating I was not to cause drama. If I had more questions, contact the mod (standard line in mod U2U)

Fine I did that and was told what I expected that it is against the rules to discuss other members

Again fine so be it... but when a friend has been a major contributor for years just vanishes, I'm sorry but seems to me a simple answer to that question is NOT a 'red herring'

I grant there may be reasons not to answer, but I thought that this thread was for addressing such concerns that do not get a reply via U2U

As I said its a moot point as I know what happened, but I still cannot discuss it openly with others

I do think that rather than responding via U2U with a systematic list of rules and regs a page long, a simple human answer would have more effect

Just my opinion of course

I am done

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Dang - You sure did get excited about that.

It is here -on the 1st page - about the 5th or 6th post down

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

posted on 19 Sep 2008 @ 14:32

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
It is here -on the 1st page - about the 5th or 6th post down

And that post is ten months old... from a period when anonymous posts were enabled.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OH LOL - AREN'T I THE SILLY ONE!! DIDN'T LOOK AT THE DATE - OOPPSSS - Hey what is a thread THAT OLD - doing at the top of the recent posts list? LOL

I think it is a very interesting thread/story! Didn't even bother looking when it was OP'd.

OH btw - tks - and
for the Avatar

(the creepy ones - don't suit you)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I got it SO ...

Now, how are u getting on with the 6,666,666 preparations?

[edit on 18 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thats cool.....

I like anon posting...It is more work for mods.. I know... Sorry yall..

But recently their was and article here on ATS about Prison rape.... I wanted to give me personal opinion... but not by my name.... I wanted to post anon and found I could not. So I posted. Edited my post... then edited my post again.

In the end I made no comment...past my indignation.... I was not raped! but then again.... I can not post anon..... I will not speak of it....

Jackieips and me have spoken..... I spoke to her in confidence.

We had things to speak about...

ALL THE SAME yada yada.. I wanted to adress me writeing mods and getting no reply and got side tracked.

It would be awesome to get a reply if one takes the time to write personally and get a reply...

Sometimes things happen...

You guys know I have been hitting alert ALOT more often trying to help yall enforce ATS standards. Gools Im looking at you.... you too interpid..

I don't look to cause problems...seriously I dont.

But I do appreciate a response when I write to yall...especially when I get what I got.... I like ATS but when what happened happened... I mean..... I did not deserve the insults.

Aye.....

I don't want to talk about this openly too much...

That is kind of the point.

When I U2U a MOD over serious issues,.... I'd like a reply.

Much Love,

Titorite

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What preparations are you talking about in post #6,737,027?

Sorry for the off-topic.

[edit on 18/7/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A couple of days ago a mod removed my avatar saying it was because the shirt was see through. I wrote the mod back and pointed out that the shirt was not see through and if they would zoom in on the image it would make that fact even more clear. After that they wouldn't respond. My avatar was fully clothed, in pants even and still they removed it.

I can guess why, but I can't get an answer.
Where to go from here? Never mind, I can guess where they'll tell my kind to go...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread. I was somewhere around the page where Springer closed it, friended the guy with the Jack Skelington avatar because his response was so well thought out and written and now I can't find where I left off. Is there some way to bookmark a page in a thread so you can get back to where you left off? I'm not so good at manuevering the site so it's probably something I've overlooked. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Sorry if this is off topic, but it's my issue with this site.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

You can always use the Bookmarks Feature of whatever browser you are using..

I think some browsers call them Favorites...

I find that very handy...

Takes you right to whatever post you want...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Good Lord in Heaven.......duh!

Thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

You are more than welcome..

Thank you for being a part of ATS!!!!

Semper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
I haven't read the whole thread. I was somewhere around the page where Springer closed it, friended the guy with the Jack Skelington avatar because his response was so well thought out and written and now I can't find where I left off. Is there some way to bookmark a page in a thread so you can get back to where you left off? I'm not so good at manuevering the site so it's probably something I've overlooked. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Sorry if this is off topic, but it's my issue with this site.

When you post in a thread you can bookmark it in your browser.
Just create a folder and call it " ATS posts" or something.
That way you can go back to the page you left off on.

....edit to add.... oops redundant post lol

[edit on 19-7-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I've been having a lot of password problems.

Just tonight I couldn't log in & then I had to request 5 or 6 passwords before I was sent one that worked.

Now with my latest password, I cannot get into "my pictures". I just keep getting sent back to the "my pictures" log-in screen.

I also note my new password isn't being accepted in the "change password" area.

Is anybody else having similar problems?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

No, and I logged-out twice yesterday (something I never), and after that I did not had any problem logging-in.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've now been able to change my password, log out & log in.

However I still can't log into "My Pictures"

I wonder why......

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Although the Media Portal uses the same user information as ATS and BTS, maybe it uses a different server and there was some problem with the updating of your information on that database, but this is just speculation.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
SO can we have something so we can see how many people have viewed our threads?

We have the views part but it's always at 0. which is hard to believe with so many posts.

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join