It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythical Magician Merlyn Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Many months ago I had a vision. It was the first and only vision I've ever experienced. It was a simple scene with profound implications. The vision was very brief and calm.

In it, I associated myself with the mythical magician, Merlyn. In the vision, Merlyn (me) was afloat upon a segment of forest, within a grayish, obscure background. He(me) was tending a campfire, meditating peacefully, contemplating his next entry with civilization which was held apart from this isolated bit of "reality" that he created as his personal space. The space itself was adaptable to any condition that he chose to experience. The only rule was no others could penetrate this bubble of personal time and space without his willing it to be so.

All living creatures had their own personal spaces, floating around in the gray matter, no interaction was possible or desired even though he could see other beings in their own self-created spaces floating around him.

This "place" was both protective and healing. While there, Merlyn was able to process his thoughts, making his imagination come alive. His place was for himself only and he could do whatever he wished there.

The scene was rather bland. Yet it held the secret I believe we all need to be aware of. We must be able to imagine/create an individual space where uninterrupted rehabilitation, healing and planning can take place, no matter what is going on in the "real" world. We must be proficient in the art of self-isolation, by creating a seemingly solid reality in our minds. By doing this we can remove ourselves from the dramas and dangers of interactive living when no other option is available.

No matter what "place" we find ourselves in, the power of the mind can and will overcome any danger or threat from outside ourselves. Our place of protection is in our minds. In our minds, we can create the circumstances that are beneficial to ourselves and others, we can "be" safe and peaceful no matter what is happening around us.

I do believe that TSWHTF very soon. In the mundane, physical world our bodies are vulnerable to danger unless we have the power of vision and conviction that our "safe place" is always available to us. Treading the fine line between physical and magical reality could be the objective of life itself.

With all of that said, I'd like to point out that I am in no way able to achieve that balance right now. But I'm working on it.

Is this a vision of wisdom or am I out of my mind? Have you ever had a vision that impacted you as profoundly as this one has for me? I could be making way more of it than I should, but the "scene" will not go away. It keeps reappearing at various times, seeming like a reminder or prompt of some kind. Yet it is always calming and peaceful. What do you think about this vision and its implications?

One last note: I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to the idea of Merlyn ever since I was very very young. I'm now approaching the golden years.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That is really interesting, thank you for sharing.

Your vision isn't too far off from what is practiced.

Shamans for example create a sacred space around them to be protected during their journeys to the dream world and while guiding/healing others.

I think you protect yourself with symbols, mandalas, and other forms of geometry. Just from personal experience with visions and what not.

Recently an experience had made me realize these geometrical patterns and shapes you see spinning in a gear like motion is just a reflection of ourselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Information about the character Merlyn from internet sources.

In The Once and Future King, he is even a funny old man who lives backwards (explaining how he can see into the future). In Marion Zimmer Bradley, he is a priest of the old religion and prophet for the new days ahead. In Mary Stewart, he is both prophet and magician.
From this link the article asks Was Merlyn an Old Magician or a Young Fortuneteller?

Earliest writers are vague on whether Merlin used magic: It is said that he used "devices" and "drugs" to change Uther. Are these descriptions of physical means of transformation? Later writers built on the foundation of Merlin as a prophet, seer, or fortune-teller. There was no mention of magic associated with Merlin until much later. Many accomplished authors wrote about this character, adding and deleting abilities and personalities to suit their "vision" of the mythical Merlyn.

Concerning visions, here is a link to Visions, The Online Journal of the Art of Magic where individual contributors write about visions. Each of these writers have a unique perspective and point of view on the art of achieving desired results. I found it very interesting to know how others view their "powers" of concentration applied toward mundane matters.

I've never had a vision before so I had to look things up. If anyone has information or links to share please do.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
That is really interesting, thank you for sharing.

Your vision isn't too far off from what is practiced.

Shamans for example create a sacred space around them to be protected during their journeys to the dream world and while guiding/healing others.

I think you protect yourself with symbols, mandalas, and other forms of geometry. Just from personal experience with visions and what not.

Recently an experience had made me realize these geometrical patterns and shapes you see spinning in a gear like motion is just a reflection of ourselves.

Now that is really interesting. I appreciate your reply. I tried a meditation one time that involved envisioning and building a merkaba around my spiritual body to safely travel the astral plane in. It didn't really work, because I'm still not able to meditate properly.

I've read some things about geomatria but its over my head mostly. Maybe I should look into it more closely.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
The scene was rather bland. Yet it held the secret I believe we all need to be aware of. We must be able to imagine/create an individual space where uninterrupted rehabilitation, healing and planning can take place, no matter what is going on in the "real" world. We must be proficient in the art of self-isolation, by creating a seemingly solid reality in our minds. By doing this we can remove ourselves from the dramas and dangers of interactive living when no other option is available.

No matter what "place" we find ourselves in, the power of the mind can and will overcome any danger or threat from outside ourselves. Our place of protection is in our minds. In our minds, we can create the circumstances that are beneficial to ourselves and others, we can "be" safe and peaceful no matter what is happening around us.

A powerful secret indeed... when it is merely the flick of ones mind to be able to make the difference between a really bad day... and an opportune one ..

I do believe that TSWHTF very soon. In the mundane, physical world our bodies are vulnerable to danger unless we have the power of vision and conviction that our "safe place" is always available to us. Treading the fine line between physical and magical reality could be the objective of life itself.

Completely agree with you...

With all of that said, I'd like to point out that I am in no way able to achieve that balance right now. But I'm working on it.

lol
yep, .. know exactly how you feel... but but, 'working on it' is worlds ahead of most people you kn0w

Is this a vision of wisdom or am I out of my mind? Have you ever had a vision that impacted you as profoundly as this one has for me? I could be making way more of it than I should, but the "scene" will not go away. It keeps reappearing at various times, seeming like a reminder or prompt of some kind. Yet it is always calming and peaceful. What do you think about this vision and its implications?

Yes...!! you 'are' out of your mind... lol, ah but this is a good thing in this day and age, for to be 'in' mind and logically thinking will continually shield us from these types of amazing 'pure information' visions... Anyhow... tell me how anybody can live a 'normal' type of existence in this crazy crazy world...

One last note: I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to the idea of Merlyn ever since I was very very young. I'm now approaching the golden years.

Gotta love Merls... you know, it was said that he used to use 'trees' to travel to other worlds... Yeah, those amazing (god love em) entities... trees are doorways to other worlds,,, but they do not unravel their secrets so easily ...

Try connecting with a few trees in your area Hazels... for you never know what might happen,,,

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua

Originally posted by Hazelnut

A powerful secret indeed... when it is merely the flick of ones mind to be able to make the difference between a really bad day... and an opportune one ..

Completely agree with you...

lol
yep, .. know exactly how you feel... but but, 'working on it' is worlds ahead of most people you kn0w

Yes...!! you 'are' out of your mind... lol, ah but this is a good thing in this day and age, for to be 'in' mind and logically thinking will continually shield us from these types of amazing 'pure information' visions... Anyhow... tell me how anybody can live a 'normal' type of existence in this crazy crazy world...

Gotta love Merls... you know, it was said that he used to use 'trees' to travel to other worlds... Yeah, those amazing (god love em) entities... trees are doorways to other worlds,,, but they do not unravel their secrets so easily ...

Try connecting with a few trees in your area Hazels... for you never know what might happen,,,

I'm so glad you responded and understood what I am trying to convey! Thank you

Yes, the trees. I read somewhere (maybe from The Lost Books of Merlyn) a quote from the trees, "Silly humans, just shut up and Grow"!
And you are correct, the trees are not in a hurry to explain anything until we achieve that slooooowwwwed state of mind where all IS. There are four pine trees in my backyard that are my friends, along with my herb, flower and vegetable gardens. I love them and they bring peace and calm to my life. I never knew that they could be doorways to other worlds. Now that I do, I will try to see where those doorways lead.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes,, what you can do is go and stand in front of the trees, and tell them how beautiful they are (as a little flattery always helps
). Then send them love by imagining lots of heart shapes coming out of your heart, and landing directly on them as you breath out.

(you can try other things, these are just things that I do)

then, when you are in a meditation, you can picture the trees, and do the same thing in an imaginary sense

.... after that you can hope for the best.., touch wood type of thing,

top topics

join