It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have a question?

Has the appearance of quoted sources changed?
Or am I doing something wrong?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Has the appearance of quoted sources changed?

Yes... we're refining and streamlining the appearance.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Awesome it looks great. Not so hard on the eyes.
Makes a pleasant change

I thought I screwed something up there for a second

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So did I. I was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. Luckily, I found this post in the issue thread and it put my mind at ease. I am liking the new look. Its sleek and clean.
nice job SO!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hello, I have a concern and it relates a thread I made going to the wrong board. To begin with, I made a thread about US troop withdrawal in Iraq, "US Withdrawals from Iraqi cities a carefully crafted ploy?" I posted the thread in thread in ATS news firehouse and I thought it would go to either General Conspiracies or the Middle East boards by default. However, this did not happen and it went to short stories. So I was wondering if someone would be so kind and move the thread to the aforementioned boards. Thanks and keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The fastest way to get a thread move is to use the alert button located at the top of every thread. I am sure by the time I finish writing this, your thread will already have been moved. But just in case, give the alert button a try. It works wonders to help the moderators move misplaced threads.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just a quick question. I had subscribed to a thread that I wanted to go back and check on at a later date. When I clicked on the link today it gives me the infamous 404 error. Also I tried looking for a thread today that I wanted to check on as well. I did a search because I was not subscribed at the time. The title of the thread was Men in White Trucks? Just wondering what might have happened to these two threads.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I don't know what happened to the other one, but "Men In...White Trucks???" can be found here:
Men In...White Trucks???

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you. I thought I remembered the title but apparently I didn't. Thanks for locating that. I will re-subscribe now. You are the best. The other one is the super mario conspiracy. I don't know why I get the 404 now.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is a simple question, I'm sure of it!

But it's been bugging the heck out of me!

Why do we have in our profile, Posts, Flags, Views.

Mine for example has, 109 posts, 23 flags, 0 views.........

While some people have views, i'd like to know how many people have viewed my thread, as I mainly post especially for those who are none members!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have a question. If I want to start a thread about a book I've read and discuss the content of the book further with other ATS'ers, which section would that belong in? Would it belong in the section deemed appropriate for the subject matter / content of the book itself? I guess I'm just kind of confused.

I haven't seen any section of the forums for book reviews or anything like that (which would be awesome BTW!). But does the subject matter and topic of the book also determine whether or not it belongs on ATS or BTS? Alot of things I want to be sure of before going off and starting a bunch of threads. The main books I want to discuss.. One of them involves Scientific Remote Viewing used as a tactic for contacting aliens and beings from other dimensions. Another involves the revolution of parapsychology in the modern world.

Thanks in advance!

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Come on someone has to help out the 404 folks?

When you see the 404 ATS message it is because the thread in question was trashed or removed by the NWO.

A thread can get 404ed because it was hoax , poorly thought out blatant lie,

Any number of reasons...

If your new here you should hit the FAQ because it explains all sorts of things...and it has avatars too! Mine is by zedd methinks...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was just on page 180 of a thread and there was only one post on the page and it seemed to indicate that there were other pages beyond that which obviously there were not, when clicked, they just take you to a blank page. is there an issue of this happening once a thread reaches 180 pages? I did a quick glance through this thread and did not see it reported as of yet. It is more of an annoyance than anything, just thought I would throw it out there.

The thread is this one;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Thanks titorite. No problem I will unsubscribe it now. I thought it had some relevant things in it though. There were a few links in the thread that I wanted to go back to. Never mind. Abolished for good reason I'm sure. Thank you again.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I recently created a post which is entitled Attention Newcomers, Do NOT Entice Flamers, Do Not Feed The Trolls! in order to help out the new members in regards to flamers and trolls.

Now I received some good responses and some negative ones for apparently acting like a mod.

My question is, was I wrong to create that thread? Should such things be left to mods to do, or can an average member like myself help out willingly?

I did place it in the Freshman's Forum, which I found very appropriate.

What do you think mods?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Literature forum is here in BTS

Hope this helps

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have some issues that are bothering me about the way things "function". There seems to be a bias in how things work here, on purpose or not is not important, but it still happens.

It has to do with ATS and BTS, religion and aliens/hoaxes.

Religion kind of has 2 sections. 1 is the conspiracy section(ATS), and 1 is the faith and spirituality section(BTS). Threads on ATS obviously get way more attention than others. But I notice that the ATS conspiracy section is not really made up of conspiracy topics, and I notice many conspiracy topics being moved to BTS, where they basically all but die. As well, can't star posts and such on BTS anymore, and I don't care about the points so much, but I do occasionally enjoy giving someone a star when I really agree with them.

So what is the real difference between these 2 forums? Honestly, it seems as if it's just a way of censoring the data as seen fit.

For example, the only thread I've ever made was in regards to how the conspirators within religion hide behind things, wolves in sheeps clothings. This thread was moved to BTS for "not being about a conspiracy".

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Meanwhile, I can go to ATS religious conspiracy section at any time, and find topics that aren't even about conspiracies at all really. They never get moved. For example, a thread that is like 92+ pages and deals with Paul. I took part in that thread myself, but it's no more about conspiracy than any number of threads that get moved to BTS. IF this thread has been moved to BTS, it would have not likely have gotten the attention and responses it does.

However, when we come to topics like aliens and such, and people come along and write threads like "I'm an ET, and this is my message", it stays on ATS. There is no BTS for things like this. They sit on the front page of ATS, get tons of attention, and it's nothing more than wild claims about the "end of the world". Now, if someone were to do that in a religous tone, well that would be moved to BTS, where it recieved little attention.

On purpose or not, it ends up being a bias. Where people are allowed to say things about aliens and such without regard and get the full exposure of being on ATS. And we see them all the time on the front pages and so forth.

Even plan out hoaxes and such are able to get these kinds of attention.

It seems like BTS is the "trashcan" of ATS.

If I write a topic that tells of spiritual things, and I say an alien told me. ATS. If I write the same topic, and use spiritual things as my source - BTS.

Again, not trying to place blame or accuse of it being intentional. It's just that this is how it ends up working. I like the Paul thread I used as an example, and I really got no beef with aliens and such either. If an alien told someone the truth, good for them. It's probably an unintentional bias, but it is there nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I agree with you badmedia, ATS has lots of content that isn't necessarily of a "conspiracy" nature - news, politics, economics, science and tech etc. So why is the "Faith and Spirituality" section relegated to BTS?

The "Faith and Spirituality" forum and the "Conspiracies in Religions" forum should be merged, and hosted on ATS, not BTS IMHO

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

How bout a trade? You all get the Religion forum (except that conspiracies in religions is already a part of ATS, but don't tell nobody.) And we get the Writing forums.

I think it's a perfect trade

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, but religious or spiritual topics that aren't also about conspiracies get moved to BTS, don't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join