It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another dealio. How come the "quote" tag doesn't look nice in a U2U anymore after it was changed to a bar? It's not even visible. I haven't checked any other tags yet. It would be nice if all the BB code was up to snuff there as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

There are some ways of circumventing the automatic censor, but you should not do it, even in U2Us, so I think you add the ##s yourself, at least you can use some letters to make other understand what was the original word.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Anyone tell me how to get a youtube video in the media section of ATS? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ha! You are GREAT, THANK YOU!

EDIT to add: And thank you ArMap!

[edit on 7/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You can also use File2HD, the one I have been using for some time.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
TinWiki Forum icon on Recent Posts page is gone, fyi. Don't know if it's been noticed.

Actually, I think all the TinWiki Forum icons are gone from the Recent Posts page.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Like this?

I see it (obviously).

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Can we have it, so that users on the Personal Ignore List, be ignored also on the mutterbox?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Using the preview button when editing a post works fine in the preview window.
However, in the creating window it jumps your post back to what it was before you edited it.

The only way to successfully edit a post is to ignore the preview button altogether.

Can the preview button be made to work again for editing?
Btw, it still works fine when composing a new post.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

That problem is so old that I think they are expecting it to die of old age.

I got used to select all the text and copy it before hitting the preview button. Then I paste the text back in the text area and make the changes needed, if any.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sounds like the best work-around possible.

I used to always copy my posts before posting them, but ATS is such a stable site I very rarely have anything go wrong between writing and posting, so I'm getting lazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have an issue. Please, address it. It is about the current conflict with that other site... the one I do not like.... GLP.... I don't like them for a variety reasons and amongst them is that auto censoring of certain other websites like this one.

They are childish and petty but we are not.

I noticed someone posting a non news story in the news section with a broken link. When a scrolled over the source link on the recent posts page I could then and ONLY then see the link...

Did ATS auto censor the GLP link?

I understand that the two sites may be going through some sort of legal entanglement... I am not sure of all the details... But I would prefer to think that the poster self censored and not this site.

I know they don't link to us...but I feel that if we are to remain the better in this situation we should continue to link to them. Let them be petty let them be childish, let them be exposed for all that they are but let us not become like them.

The question: Is the Above Network currently auto censoring GLP links?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I know you're asking staff and I'm sure they will address the direct question on whether there's an automatic filter in place ...

But in general:

1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well I get that.. And I know that was some definite cross posting of GLP junk onto our forums and not even in the right place.....

But what happens if someone wants to source something from GLP?

Glp will not return the favor because they are immature.

I do not want to see ATS follow that same slippery slope the GLP slides on.

So I want to know if that GLP poster self censored or if the Auto censors did?

We have nothing to lose by being better than GLP and allowing God like production links... (Ewwww On typing that out... You have no idea how much I despise GLP But I do not feel excluding them makes our site better)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Eek, I've never been on said site and I am not aware of the issues you describe so I'm afraid my knowledge has reached its end.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by schrodingers dog

We have nothing to lose by being better than GLP and allowing God like production links... (Ewwww On typing that out... You have no idea how much I despise GLP But I do not feel excluding them makes our site better)

schrodingers dog is correct. There is absolutely no cross-posting of other discussion boards. Does not matter which board it is - there is no cross-posting of any board.

Again:

1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Does that apply to posting links to the said "any site" as well?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I am not asking about cross posting content.

I get that.

I am asking if some one externally quotes a few lines from a story on GLP and gives a link to the story.

Is linking to GLP now automatically censored on ATS?

Or to be more clear nothing at all is posted from GLP but someone wants to give a link to that site.... Is it now forbidden?

I don't like them but as I said before.... If we exclude them we become like them...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Does that apply to posting links to the said "any site" as well?

I am not sure what you mean by "any site" (long day for me
). But it is really very clear cut in the T&C: absolutely no links to other discussion boards can be posted here.

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join