It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I am not sure. I will have to find out

[edit on July 15th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Edit to say I don't get it....

OK Greeneyedleo

I shall await for further clarification.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Okay, sorry but I need to get the details on this

What if the site is not a discussion board but has an area where a discussion board is on there? Like ufocasebook.com for example. I mean what are the technical boundries of this TAC?

[edit on 7/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As far as I understand it, we are not allowed to post content from other forums, but there is nothing that forbids us from posting links.

I remember when the "war" between ATS and GLP happened that culminated in some bannings and the creation of that filter that changes "godlikeproductions" into "godlikeproductions" and that prevents us from posting links to that site.

As far as I know this is the only automatic censor that makes it impossible to post links for another site (unless we use something like TinyURL, and, as far as I understand it, there is nothing that forbids us from posting links that way, although the mods say that we should not circumvent the censors).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Is linking to GLP now automatically censored on ATS?

Until the dust settles.

There exists a confusing level of animosity toward us (and me) for which I have no idea how or why it started.

About two years ago, we became concerned that anyone mentioning ATS was getting insta-banned over at "G-L-P" and that links to our domain were automatically converted into an obscenity. We made contact to inquire as to the reasons for the stance, and were immediately met with a rather over-the-top response filled with an unreasonable level of hate.

Once that subsided, and we could actually converse (via AIM), it was discovered that their owner/admin was rather upset over some threads on ATS that cast aspersions in their direction. It turned out the threads were rather old, and I offered to move them out of public display (in to RATS) in the spirit of cooperation between our two sites. That seemed to solve the issue as they stopped auto-banning and auto-replacing our domain name. (They also offered to place us on their "links" page, but we declined.)

Since then, things have appeared to be fine... no contact, no concerns, no problems.

Then, out of the blue, it happened again... and for reasons unknown.

There are several instances where their members have done the right thing when pasting content from ATS... placing a link to the original material here. But at some point in the past few months, they started auto-replacing our domain with an obscenity again. -sigh-

I sent a polite email inquiring as to why this was happening, and could it please stop. The response was vulgar email filled with immature angst... and nothing approaching an explanation. To make matters worse, my email was posted complete with my phone number (included in my signature for all business emails), and I've since received over 30 harassing phone calls (some of which have been reported)... as the email was posted within the context of, "we'll make him pay for this."

So, our next step was to send a DMCA notice to please include proper attribution links within content from our site... or, if they refuse, to remove the content. In an amazing spirit of unbridled animosity, they elected to remove the content rather than refrain from auto-replacing our domain with an obscenity.

It's unfortunate that it came to this. Our only, and still only, request is to simply provide proper attribution when posting the content of our members. Rather than consider civilized Internet etiquette and ethics, the decision has been to continue a spirit of uncooperative and inexplicable loathing.

I have no idea why this started again (really).

I have no idea why a simple request for proper link-backs has resulted in such a drama blow-up.

It's unfortunate... but that's the current situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Erm, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but ...

TOTAL POSTS 6605263

Just hours away from 6,666,666

Have you made any preparations?
Contingency plans?
BOB?

What are WE supposed to do?

If I may paraphrase the immortal words of Kent Brockman ...

"SO, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?"

Mommy?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well Thanks for the information SkepticOverlord. I can totally understand some of the issues being an ex-member of that site. The level of immaturity there can lower IQ points so bad it is there.

So until the dust settles then.

My thoughts are with you.

Be well.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
There's a list of threads that come up under a search of the site that seems to go into detail why they have such a hate on for ATS.
Primarily, they regard it as a CIA site, or they are against the moderation and th terms of use, IE the Content Copyright.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hem, is it me or are we under some sort of organized 'situation' here?

There seem to be an awful lot of indignant and oppressed white folk around these days ...

Apparently fighting for their rights and stuff.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Question...

How is a jovial comment like "Silly Lemmings
" pointed at no one in particular considered an 'attack' that warrants the deletion of the entire post that was on topic?

How is that any different from other generic terms used on ATS like 'the sheeple', 'the PTB', 'debunkers' and 'disinfo agent'

Have things gotten so bad around here that we are LOOKING for offense in jovial bantering?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

From what I can see in the action log, your removed post here was more than a bit more derogatory than "silly lemmings."

And I suspect, deep down, you know it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Actually the one I was 'miffed' about was this one

So NASA says its a spacecraft and all the little Skeptic run and create a page that says "See" Its not a rock, its proof..." and now they tell me "Oh yeah but this" Yuppers its a SPACECRAFT"

But when Zorgon says "Its an artifact on Eros, and Zorgon's picture is much better resolution than NASA's, those same skeptics say "Its just a rock"

Funny how the Lemmings operate isn't it?

The 'Lemmings' could have been zapped... put the point was valid but its okay... no biggie

I just like my 'Silly Lemmings' its better than resorting to ad homina attacks

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

ATS ... I do not see this as a "CIA site" ..... GLP... goto GLP... make a post.

Type travistock.

See what happens.

Google travistock.

Learn about that NGO.

ATS is no CIA... but GLP...maybe

Maybe.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

A few days ago I had a mod take away 1000 point's from me for joking with the Op. I totally agreed with the Op! I wrote the mod about about, but was ignored, but then my opinions aren't popular with the staff so I fully expected to be ignored. Why are you on the list?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote
Why are you on the list?

I make waves

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

The post you are referring to basically said that the OP wasn't worth listening to because of their skin colour and sexual preference.

I believe the post deserved the response it got.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The ATS Issues Thread

I think it would be best to use this thread to focus on issues of general interest or concern for ATS as a whole, rather than as an alternative to sending U2Us or submitting complaints for matters of interest only to individual members.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sometimes sending U2U's with questions assuming one might get a real person answer on a private channel are met with form letter types response that do nothing to answer the question. And a 'complaint' may not be warranted nor relevant to getting a simple answer to a simple question...

So you are saying this is not the correct forum to ask about concerns even be it a minor one?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Indeed i have to totally agree.

I have ask mod for feed back SEVERAL times after hitting the alert...From time to time I write them U2Us asking for feed back... Still I get ignored.

I accept it.

Dozens of mods ... you all have lives.... Maybe yall be to busy... I get it... I have a life too. But then again.... Your a mod right? If I as a member specifically ask for feed back in an alert OR write a mod directly.... with no response...

Well what then majic?

You know I like ya but what then?

At least here we are talking about what are issues to us no?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just saw a posting by an - "Anonymous ATS" in a new thread.

I was just wondering when that began being allowed again?

I thought that was stopped months ago.

Just being curious.

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join