It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that information. Be aware that pentagon isn't working for us. It works for the globalists.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When I seen and heard this video on TV first thought was what a joke. The guy warning the people in the speedboat looked and sounded like he was reading from a manual and the person in the speedboat didn't sound very threatening sounded like he was acting and did a really bad job at it. And the last election their was a bin laden tape and now for this election we have this so called incident.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen
The guy warning the people in the speedboat looked and sounded like he was reading from a manual....

He might actually have been. They may have some sort of checklist where they read a statement word for word so that there are no misunderstandings.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Damn, the Pentaclowns was quick this time to release a fake.What happened Georgie you're in a hurry or something?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
Damn, the Pentaclowns was quick this time to release a fake.What happened Georgie you're in a hurry or something?

You actually have proof this was a fake? Or is that just your gut or knee jerk reaction?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Gut or knee-jerk, obviously.

Given that Iran all-ready admitted to it, called it normal, etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Good thing it was 'normal' since they couldn't capture a couple of Americans on large warships. Not like they did on the Brits.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The Iranian fastboats can deploy missile weapons and mines, perform suicide missions, offload divers, and designate targets for standoff weapons (silkworms, etc.).

Even more provocative, is their role as FERRETS.

If anything, the American leadership and commanders are showing an admirable excess of restraint in the interests of peace.

Me? I would've blown the Iranians out of the water.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree, I admire how the American's handled as i would've been tempted to take them out. I just heard the transmission that was sent by Iranians and it sounded menacing, almost cartoonish villain-like voice. what were they thinking? anyway news reported that pentagon thinks that iran was testing US navy protocol or reaction, in case of actual war. but everyone agrees that of course if america responded and blew these boats to pieces iran wouldve done nothing to retaliate, well, because they cant

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE....
After reading through the threads here about this incident.....

After plenty of evidence from nearly every source of media/press from around the world that this did indeed happen it appears that how serious this incident actually was has been about totally and completely LOST on nearly everyone replying pro US or not.

Some things about the story may change a little which is to be expected such as some sources are now saying that the verbal threat may have very well come from shore.

Let me be as clear as possible here. I am new here. I love this site. I DESPISE Bushco to the point where I DO believe that he really does hear voices, thinks its god and carries out the orders of what I believe is a schizophrenic mind.

Bringing up the USS Cole...

Those with a deep respect for members and veterans of ANY professional modern armed forces ignore the following...

The fact that this was a hairs width away from being the USS Cole times THREE is so sadly and uncomprehensibly LOST among the greater majority of post on this thread is stunning!

Whether the speed boats were packed with explosives or not does NOT matter. Even without the threatening verbal message the US ships should have left the Iranian boats in flaming pieces scattered across the straight. PERIOD.

To those who really seem to be just totally shrugging off the USS Cole incident..my god...It doesnt matter to me if it was even the Russians or Chinese or whomever that attack had happened to...

How DARE you absoloutely dishonor, disrespect and belittle the lives lost that day!

Until anyone can prove otherwise this event DID happen! Was I there? NO! Where YOU there? NO! Well then...who was there? Judging from radar, GPS you name it three US warships with five Iranian corvettes aggresively pursuing them and even charging at them!

So very similar tactics that have been made more sophisticated through the use of larger and far faster craft that were used to MURDER US servicemen is OK?

If any mods read this please consider a rule against disrespecting at least US servicemen/women and veterans.

To those who dont get the comparison between the USS Cole and this incident please research...

To those that think this is another Gulf of Tonkin I hear you but there is absoloutley no comparison except they both occured in water.

To those who think it was fake...yep it was fake...just as fake as the seemingly never ending line of CASKETS draped in the colors of DOZENS of nations that the worlds largest sponsor of state terrorism since the revolution that Tehran has continuously and quite proudly created.

The Iranian ppl are a GREAT people. I work for an Iranian-American. Ive worked with Iranian-Americans every day for years. They all tell me endless stories about how BAD the Iranian gvt is. How totally and completely disconnected the gvt is from what Ive been told is over 3/4ths the population.

They all know war is coming. Any of them that have family left there are pulling out all stops to get them out. Some of them Ive known fought in the Iran/Iraq war. They all have stories about being gassed in battle by Saddam. Pretty gruesome stuff.

I watch them nervousley read the news on sites like Iranian.com and such. "Everybodys trying to leave."

Aside from the Revolutionary Guard the Iranian military is just as professional as ours and in all likelyhood would end up arresting Ahmendinajad(sp) and Khameni(sp).

Iran is a totally different situation than Iraq.

Ill end my rant with this...
The real point behind Iraq and occupying Afghanistan and quite possibly Pakistan since the embassy hostage crisis nearly thirty years ago has been to surround them and then take them down.

This ball has been rolling since Jimmy Carter was in office. The dye cast long ago. Iran has been a HUGE thorn in the side of nearly if not all nations of the free world for decades...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If this was faked by the Navy it would be a rather stupid stunt since nothing happened.

Has anyone thought that maybe Iran was trying to drum up some propaganda of the Bad US Navy destroying and killing their small observation boats?

Especially when the Navy ships were told that they will blow up in two mins.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

The burden of proof falls upon the accuser. The initial accusation was made by the pentagon, not the Iranians. This video is proof of NOTHING, except that speed boats are much smaller than warships. If this story is in fact true, than we Americans, should be concerned by are navy's lack of recourse under the circumstances. As Agit8ted chop stated, warning shots at least should have been fired. In my eyes and ears, this whole story is nothing more that propaganda, plain and simple. The powers-that-be sincerely want a war with Iran. Mr. Chop is spot on with his assessment, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentalmidget
This video is proof of NOTHING, except that speed boats are much smaller than warships. If this story is in fact true, than we Americans, should be concerned by are navy's lack of recourse under the circumstances. As Agit8ted chop stated, warning shots at least should have been fired. In my eyes and ears,

Warning shots?

From what? Warning shots are for the movies my friend and this is real life.

There are set parameters, the first one was the official notice of warning, the second one if the boats exceeded it was to blow them out of the water.

I would love to see a warning shot from a phoenix system hehe.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'd love to see one too given the nature of the situation. Regardless of your limitless knowledge of such occurances, in comparison to my very minute comprehension of such, it seems to have been handled wrong.... at least from a laymen's point of view. If what has been accused actually took place, a "certain" amount of force would have been justified, yet the U.S. Navy's only response was to "tell on them". Seems very "un-military-like". Again, from a laymen's standpoint. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would think that Iran has been trying to start a war with the U.S. and not the other way around. They very easily could have acheived such a result by NOT ceasing their nuclear weapons program under international pressure, among numerous other methods. Provoking war with the U.S. isn't too terribly difficult to succeed at........especially if you're Iran.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is just more US Iranian propaganda. "We were attacked!" LoL I don't see any explosions in that video. Plus did Iran declare war to USA so any Iranian vessel migh be considered a danger? NO. Did USA declare war? NO. Then what is all this fuzz about? Since when does Iran not have the right to go into International waters where US ships are?

IF those boats were arabian or israelian or british I bet no one whould have said anything. But because they were iranian and because "Iranians are evil" as US propaganda wants us to belive this video is very important, it might even trigger a new war.

Oh God, lets be serios, please.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yaaay more petty bait for the war-mongerers!

Let's chew it up and swallow it down guys or else we're anti-american!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I read 3/4ths of this thread after which I gave up because there was nothing new being presented.
So there are two general categories of posters here:

1. The Anti-American (Govt) Group: This actually can be sub-divided into two groups, the 'fake video group' and the 'international waters' group.
  2. The remaining posters: These posters generally oppose any one or more of the above claims. One might also consider the 'brave captain' group who commend the captain for his restrained actions.

IMHO it doesn't really matter actually.
There are two main points to consider..

(A)
The US has gotten itself(or been pushed into) an extremely jittery and jumpy state of affairs in the ME. Any coalition vessel in that region, especially the narrow straits, will have the captain/commander hoping for uneventful passage.
Why? We all know why, the amount of Anti-Iranian posturing dished
out by the US is sufficient to make not only Iran, but any self-respecting non-aligned country in the region wince. Whether the posturing is justified or not is completely irrelevant.
All captains/commanders and the likes should expect to bear witness to a bit of muscle flexing from the Iranians.
I mean, what can they expect: flower garlands and smiling faces? Or an apologetic,cowering tail-between-the-legs attitude?

I mean .. c'mon! the atmosphere there is much more electric than Russian bomber patrol intercepts!
I'm sure the smart and well-trained officers and seamen will know that their in for something that they might very well feel worthy sharing with the grand children.
That brings me to the captain/commander. Yes, he did the right thing by not firing. Did he have the right to fire at them?
Well IMHO he 'could' have fired warning shots of their bow(s). However nobody knows if that would have further instigated the speedboats, and they certainly seemed loony enough to be further instigated. But I also believe that he didn't do something phenomenally heroic. He just did the right thing as every other serving officer in his place would be expected. I think the
'trigger-happy'/'shoot first- ask later' label has been stuck onto the US military too long and its about time individual actions like this begin to remove that label.

(B)Again I think it is quite natural(and gutsy) for the Iranians to play on American reservations of exploding speedboats. Whether the gutsiness arises from the central command way back in Tehran or some naval base commanding hotshot, is again irrelevant. Of course I'm sure the Iranians realize that they do this at a risk of getting shot at. If they feel its worth the risk then they should go ahead by all means.
Such 'spooking' opportunities would be much less likely if war breaks out. The Americans will hope to engage anything and everything with a stand-off/fire-and-forget capability, at least on the navel front. And why not?
If their technology enables them to do so then its completely justified. In fact
this stand off capability 'conditioning' of American forces is (IMHO) what makes these close encounters interesting and anxious for the Americans.

So there's not point arguing about WHY USN ships are there in the first place and who's waters are where. The Americans are there and they should expect such asymmetric spooking.

Finally, I had a look at the video/audio that the pentagon released..

I was expecting someone to stand up and say 'smile, you're on candid camera!'

That radio message had 'practical joke' written all over it. Even if it was completely real or completely fake!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Is it typical for the pentagon to equip it's destroyers with wide-screen recording devices as well?

If they're going wide-screen the least they could do is make it high-def and not so fuzzy... Big improvement over the camera's they use at the pentagon.

I'm interested in seeing the 4m 20s version of this... I hate how there are a bazillion 2 minute ish clips.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think it's funny to call this a "provocative act" because all I saw in this video were some inflatable boats against huge military ships.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join