It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Im not saying that this was all a setup....it could just be some iranian idiots wasting time ver dangerously for some odd reason. Yet the fact still remains that i would not be surprised if this was a failed attempt to create sparks on purpose by our government. Why would china sell this information? The US govt doesnt care about what information other countries have about what PR moves they make because they control the media in this country and have most of the people (at least those with money) on their side anyway so what do you think will happen? countries will stop trading? No way...and if they did that will make it easier for the NWO to take over since only those with a lot of money will be able to get needed supplies. As long as they can spin whatever story it is within their own country i bet they could care less if china new this whole thing was BS.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought at first we blew this story out of proportion but it looks as if we didnt. This is all leading up to war with them. Before Bush leaves office we will be at war with Iran, unfortunately...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gabriel5578

Well light the fires and burn the tires i guess.....
Im not going anywhere if there is a draft......actually yes iam. Im joining the revolution when there is a draft beacause they will arrive consecutively. you think the youth of this country will go fight another expensive war unatested? Not when they are homeless or have a family to take care of. Its a freakin disaster if it happens and i dont want to be part of it. Its a shame that as an american my only choice in this situation is to leve the country i love the most because we are too deep in dog doodo to change anything. Protesting or a revolution will get us killed.....im rethinking my previous volunteering.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinsear

I know this is being discussed in a different thread so if it needs to be moved please do so. But, here is the actual video of the ordeal. Good thing we have this on video, so it is more difficult for Iran to deny any involvement.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

...And to think they still haven’t yet released ONE video from all the camera's along the parapet of the pentagon related to 911? See all the pretty speed boats.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good on the Ianians for facing off a those who threaten their wellbeing, one can imagine the indignation of American members if a hostile force was off their coast waving a big stick.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Yeah, good job Iranians, you really showed them pesky Americans! Make a strongly worded statement then run away like a bunch of cowards.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Good on the Ianians for facing off a those who threaten their wellbeing, one can imagine the indignation of American members if a hostile force was off their coast waving a big stick.

Hmm well I guess this was not a big enough stick for us here in America.

www.strategypage.com...

In case you are wondering that is a Russian nuclear bomber off the coast of the U.S and it happens all the time. We usually go up and wave to one another then show them the door back home.They don't make statements like we are going to nuke you in 5 minutes or such. So since we were in international waters your point is mute.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
When I saw the video it brought back memories of Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs riding in a cigarette boat.

What a crock! I haven't read this whole thread and someone may have mentioned this already, but it looks like a drill of some sort that someone took to the next level and propagandized. Really meant to plant a seed in our minds and nothing more.

Peace

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Iran is now claiming that the video is fake. Saw that one coming. Anyone see any evidence of this in the video? The USS Cole, how was that job done? I cannot recall the specifics, but I thought it was a boat with explosives that ran into our boat.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo So since we were in international waters your point is mute.

This is your rational? That two carrier groups plus support ships stationed just outside the USA's continental boundary line is the same as running them up and down the Persian Gulf?

I mean if your all for global US military presence that's your MO. But don’t try to justify the Russian bomber run as acceptable international behavior.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrapple

Originally posted by CaptGizmo So since we were in international waters your point is mute.

This is your rational? That two carrier groups plus support ships stationed just outside the USA's continental boundary line is the same as running them up and down the Persian Gulf?

I mean if your all for global US military presence that's your MO. But don’t try to justify the Russian bomber run as acceptable international behavior.

No I'm saying it is wrong for the Iranians to threaten our ships by saying they were going to blow them up. His statement seemed to be saying that the Iranians were justified in what they did and we are the agrressors for being there.....ummm in INTERNATIONAL WATERS.

I was showing him that we have Russian nuclear bombers off our coast infiltrating our airspace all the time and yet we are not going up there and threatening them with "we are going to blow you out of the sky in 2 minutes" no we wave to one another and show them the way home. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think we should all be suspicious of this vid.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Hey, check a map. The US ships were travelling thru international waters. Since when has that been against the law, Gus???

Or would you rather have the Iranians completely block off the Straits???

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Iran is now claiming the footage is fake

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

Wow!!!! This post bothers me. You have the choice to leave this country anytime you like. Why wait until there is a draft to do so? You may not agree with the war but when called to do so you will run. While the rest of your life you have enjoyed the freedoms that you may not have had in another country. I really have issues with your type. You should join the military and let them make a man out of you. As you can tell yes I am a veteran of 10yrs and I hold that time very close to my heart and have issues with people that dont have an idea what it is to wear a uniform and serve your country and earn the freedoms that we have.

Look there are going to be wars and it doesn’t matter whether or not any of us agree with them. It will happen we are human and humans aren’t that nice really. We can be compassionate at times but for the most part we are animals...and territorial

Let our country pull all soldiers home. Nothing would satisfy me more. Not for the same reason as most on here feel but I dont think Americans should have to die for anything in the middle east. We are accused of being bloodthirsty...I think some people in the sand should use it to make a mirror and take a long hard look.

That Captain skated a very thin line by not sinking those boats. Put yourself in his shoes. The lives of many men hung in a decision that only had precious moments to be made. He fortunately made the right decision. Think about the implications of the event.

So what if were recreational boaters...I think a lot you find it convenient to forget about history about the USS COLE and the lives lost there.

If they were recreational boaters they should have the intelligence to stay away from a really freakin big boat that is called a destroyer! It has big guns! The last time I checked you couldn’t call Reggie Fountain and have him outfit the new Lightening with armament. You could ask him not to outfit the cutty so you would have room for explosives though.

There are a lot of intelligent people here and it amazes me at how ignorant we can be sometimes.(myself included...probally the worst offender) Well lunch is over so I must return to work rant finished...sorry

[edit on 9-1-2008 by kaferwerks]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It was probably just a bunch of rich Iranian kids in their daddy's speedboats acting like punks. Or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Iran would love to make the United States look like the aggressor by claiming the footage is fake. In other words, Iran wants to engage in serious conflict with the U.S. and acquire support by giving the U.S. a bad image. It's so obvious, these tactics are pathetic and clear to see.
Thankfully there are people in the government that can see through the B.S. just as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is just the beginning folks. Why do you think Guiliani is not even spending his money in the early states? Why do you think after all of the flak he has caught from mentioning 9/11 over and over again he continues to do it... the fabricated war will start soon. Why do you think he is the only canditate showing commercials with Islamic Jihadists in them. The sheep will not want a woman, or a young senator, or a Huckabee in the White House, they will want RUDY. He knows what's coming, and now you do.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by BlueRaja

a) The USN had borrowed the Royal Navy's navigation maps

b) The speedboats were a bunch of Iranian tailors arriving to measure-up yet more western sailors for suits, as a gift courtesy of Mr Ahmedinajad

good one/funny/you forgot that the brits sailors got to kiss and hug ah(mad)inejad and receive a bag of nuts and trinkets from him.
its a wonder they didnt try to rope the 3 ships onto their tug boats and redeploy them for the iranian navy-----whats wrong with our military? are there no "top guns left"?

we have 3 captains sitting on their thumbs wondering what to do when those 5 speed boats could all have launched small torpedoes at our ships----600 ft away is point blank range when they are allowed that close in.

or are they being ordered to be sacrificed for an excuse to start something bigger?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

No I'm saying it is wrong for the Iranians to threaten our ships by saying they were going to blow them up....

I was showing him that we have Russian nuclear bombers off our coast infiltrating our airspace all the time and yet we are not going up there and threatening them with "we are going to blow you out of the sky in 2 minutes" ....

[edit on 9-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join