It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
lol @ Bush calling this a 'provocative' act.

I'm going to side with Iran on this one and say the whole thing is a fabrication. It's not the first time our government has tried petty tactics like this.

"We're coming near you to blow you up!"

Yeah... sure. They said that to a massive warship. Because all Iranians are crazy suicide-bombing terrorists.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, they now think the guy whose voice was on the radio was a regional radio prankster known as the "Filipino Monkey" (I am not making this up lol) who has been operating in the area for decades, and is famous for making lewd comments and trying to pick fights.

This is coming from bridge personnel aboard the USN ships involved by the way, so it's clear than not everyone in the USN is hankering for a war with Iran.

Generally I find professional military types are a lot more sensible and less hotheaded than politicians and internet tough guys

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well, they now think the guy whose voice was on the radio was a regional radio prankster known as the "Filipino Monkey" (I am not making this up lol) who has been operating in the area for decades, and is famous for making lewd comments and trying to pick fights.

This is coming from bridge personnel aboard the USN ships involved by the way, so it's clear than not everyone in the USN is hankering for a war with Iran.

Generally I find professional military types are a lot more sensible and less hotheaded than politicians and internet tough guys

Believe it or not, I have actually heard this joker on Channel 16 many times while over in the PG. For some reason, this individual will spend hours just hurling insults into the dark for no particular reason. He loves to pick on Filipinos, calling them "monkeys". BTW, Filipinas make up a very, very large percentage of unskilled shipboard labor in that region. Also, one of his other favorite insults is "You smell like a goat - take a bath!". LOL

From the beginning I suspected that the radio transmission were originating from elsewhere, but I totally forgot about this guy. Makes sense now...

P

Oh, and BTW, I think that most of the reporting sources have it wrong. "Filipino Monkey", IMHO, is not actually a Filipina calling himself "monkey". Rather, the man is most likely a local Arab who incessently berates and insults Filipinas, calling them "monkeys". Alot of news sources seem to have it the other way around.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Pyros]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I have actually heard this joker on Channel 16 many times while over in the PG.

Oh I believe you, apparently this guy is quite famous.
Thanks for the first-person reportage & clarification.

BTW Filipina = female, Filipino can be both I think.
Pinoy guys tend to get quite annoyed when you call them Filipina's

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join