It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Why are we letting people with extremist christian religious views hijack ATS?

It comes in tides. It'll be high tide for a while and a bunch will show up trying to tell everyone that they are wrong ... then most will get banned, or get tired of being proven wrong, and they go away.

It cycles through.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My approach is just to give a different angle and if a biologist for example on here says that the mechanisms are too designed for Evolution or a biologist says the biological world is too dependent on each other and it has to be evolution then its a view in how they go out and see the world.

You have to cross reference in science and in all reseach and by giving different points of view helps rather than discourage.

So it's 50/50 and people will not say it's man made and they won't say it was made by cat either. It's either a being bigger than Space it self or it's just space it self that made it self.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes you are right I agree with your post, it does comes in waves, but still it should no be an issue bur rather a good influx of new ideas and topics.

Sad that it has to turn ugly before it gets better.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Looking at this from a completely unbiased view, it seems the comments on this posts from Christians have been given in a matter-of-fact and even jovial and light-hearted manner. No insults have been hurled and no Christian has yet stooped to the level of the original poster. So looking at this from an unbiased view, who is in the wrong? Obviously those who are saying the Christians are ruining this board when all they have actually done is bring a different and even civilly-put point of view.

Again, if I had created a thread like this in which the term atheist was substituted for the word Christian, I can almost guarantee you the post would not have been handled as civilly by the mindset of those which it was against.

My applause, yes applause, to my Christian brothers and sisters who didn't sink to the level of the original poster but instead chose to stand as a true example of Christ's testimony of love, patience, and long suffering.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Like myself, none of you are omniscient so stop acting like you know what goes on in the rest of the world with assumptions(you know who you are).America is a christian country as posted already, instead of pushing out christianity for your own beliefs you should just believe what you want.Don't take under god out of the pledge, don't ban merry christmas or sue someone for saying it, just keep on living your own way and leave everyone else alone unless they are harming themselves or others with their beliefs like oh I don't know.... EXTREMISTS!?If your not an extremist then stop taking offense to what others think and shut up.Im not saying don't express your opinion on the subject at hand, I'm saying don't attack someone just because they said extermists are taking over.I didn't believe it at first, I was even sided with the christians but now those of you attacking simply because you think he is talking about you or other chistians over the probable fact that you haven't seen any heavy extremists yourself here are making me quite angry and forcing me to think otherwise.He said religious extremists not atheists obviously contrary to what you think he said.I don't think its extremist christians taking over at all I think its extremists in general the majority of which and please don't argue this (for its what I've seen that I'm writing not what you have or have not) is christians.I've embraced the fact that people will believe what they want.You can't change what someone believes unless they are in a state of weakness which in my opinion is wrong to do anyway unless it helps them for the better, otherwise they will defend their beliefs to the death.What gets you through the night is your business and your business only though its quite admirable that you would try to share that with other people whether it be to help them or give them more options in life, some people simply don't want to hear it and you shouldn't be angry or take offense for them not wanting to do so.If you have nothing to say that they will not get offended by or won't help them because its based of of your belief then simply don't say it.You could also throw it out there and hope they don't get upset or it helps them out but if you do prepare for the worst.I'm positive we all agree that we don't live forever(I hope so anyway) so to quote the kid on American History X: "Hate is baggage, life's to short to be pissed off all the time". Besides if athiests are wrong they will get whats coming to them, let them die believing what they want be it last minute belief in god, someting else, or simply nothing.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Redjack]

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Redjack]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
it seems the comments on this posts from Christians have been given in a matter-of-fact and even jovial and light-hearted manner. No insults have been hurled ...

You need to get out more. THIS thread may be okay .. but BTS is littered with hundreds upon hundreds of posts from so-called fundamentalist Christians and all it is, is bashing others who don't believe like them. And I'm talking about other CHRISTIANS who don't believe like them.

a true example of Christ's testimony of love, patience, and long suffering.

Like I said .. go visit BTS ... most of the posts (IMHO) there are NOT full of love, patience and long suffering. They are full of ego and plain ol' errors about other faiths that simply aren't true.

I stand by my post. This stuff comes in waves. It almost looks like they get together at some fundamentalist sites somewhere on the internet and decide to go out and try to 'fix' people at non-religious sites.

Trouble is .. they get most of their education via Jack Chick tracts and 'ministers' who are full of error about what others believe. It's pretty pathetic.

Most of the long-term fundamentalist Christians who are here are just fine. But they don't behave like the ones that appear in these waves. THOSE are the nutz.

[edit on 12/17/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Why don't you go one further and quote the threads and statements of the hate. Do they do it as much as the atheists are doing it on the ATS?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFanI stand by my post. This stuff comes in waves. It almost looks like they get together at some fundamentalist sites somewhere on the internet and decide to go out and try to 'fix' people at non-religious sites.

I really agree with this.. I noticed in the origons forum there'd be a wave of creationalists that would hit all at once telling us that the world is 6000 years old, insisting we're all damned and spreading bs that seems to be have been copied straight from the 'dr dino' sites. I honestly believe these net assaults are organised groups that sit in net cafes doing 'missionary' work. Great point FlyersFan.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

You do...? Have you really noticed that? can you have the quotes and the threads posted here for us all to "check it out?"

Also can you check out the things that the atheists are posting on the ATS about Christians and maybe take a look at their threads too, sort of like a little equal time..

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by riley

You do...? Have you really noticed that? can you have the quotes and the threads posted here for us all to "check it out?"

YeS I have!:

Also can you check out the things that the atheists are posting on the ATS about Christians and maybe take a look at their threads too, sort of like a little equal time..

..here is one.^ [edit.as in yours] "the atheists" includes me and personally I haven't been posting against christians but fundumentalists and I resent the biggoted presumption that I do. I have however seen several fundies saying things like 'atheists are immoral' etc. Don't assume that all atheists are christian haters please. You want proof? I already said the origins forum.. I haven't been there in months as I got tired of seeing the forum being abused as a platform for creationalist propoganda.

I must say I'm surprised at the amount of flack FF recieved for her theory.. it's almost like she hit a raw nerve.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by riley]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I do not believe that all atheists hate christians. But some do and they are the missionaries here on the ATS. You say you have threads and quotes so it would be good to know they so I can read them. As for the fundies, they are literalists and they won't be challenged. But they are still christians. I am a christian and I can't wait to have good debate with the atheists. They tend to name call alot, but I can take it. I always cut to the chase and get to the meat and potatoes. It's debate I want, and I don't need to name call, I want the issues and see who convinces who. I just think the atheists are too jumpy and restless all the time.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I see you posted one called "the atheists". I will read it, thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Trust me if anybody was making post full of hate in any threads here in ATS would be banned immediately regardless of religious or none religious affiliations.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Yes you are right about that.. the mods would pull it so fast no one would ever know it was a thread at all. But I jsut needed to ask it anyway cause I'm sure most is just debate taken the wrong way. If a person demands a reponse, he, or she, has to be able to take that response.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Found more.. you are apparently a young earth creationalist with an axe to grind against atheists:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Originallypostedby:Fromabove
Jhonnyannonymous: You may want to check out the thread below. What the agenda of the atheists is, is to get us Christians off the ATS pure and simple.

What I would like to know is, how many mods, site owners, special people, are there that are also atheists.

Wow.. thats a pretty wild accusation. Would you care to specify, aside from the sites owner which admin you're talking about so they can at least defend themselves? Sounds like you have a 'thing' against ATS fullstop.. so why post here at all if the you consider those in charge to have an agenda? I know.. to fight us from the inside. Clearly FF was right..

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Fascinating. I've lived in Asia for 16+ years and never heard such. Never.

Not even in jest.

How serious . . . and a fiercely derisive epithet have you heard such what percentage of the time vs in jest?

I think the case is still quite clear

JESUS CHRIST

is used all over the world, including in NonChristian countries as a curse millions of times more than any other such term unless it's

G . . . D*mn

And, I still think that's significant.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by riley

I do not believe that all atheists hate christians.

Yet most of the posts you lump all atheists [including me] into one group with one agenda.

But some do and they are the missionaries here on the ATS. You say you have threads and quotes so it would be good to know they so I can read them.

You can read your own.. here are another example where you try and demonise us to fit your own agenda:

As for the fundies, they are literalists and they won't be challenged. But they are still christians. I am a christian and I can't wait to have good debate with the atheists. They tend to name call alot, but I can take it.

Do we? Feel free to point out where I have. I am recollecting something about not judging people..

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Goodness. Shocking.

I fairly wholesale agree with you.

To partially answer one of your questions . . . I seriously think it goes back to REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

Then our egos get hooked out of our insecurities; need to feel RIGHT; need to feel respected; need to BE RIGHT; needs, needs, needs . . .

and the race is on . . . or the jousting or the battering about the head and shoulders . . .

Was it Eric Hoffer who wrote TRUE BELIEVERS or some such . . .

and

IF YOU MEET THE BUDDHA ON THE ROAD, KILL HIM

comes to mind.

imho

ANY SYSTEM OF BELIEF--even the one I feel most meshes with reality as I experience it, construe it--Biblical Christianity--

even, from my perspective, the correct description of reality--Christianity--can become a deadly club and worse

IF it is a RELIGION

vs a RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LIVING GOD

earnestly seeking God's will moment by moment and

earnestly seeking to love like God moment by moment.

Being loving may be fiercely stern and even punative at times. Love is not always mush, rose petals, chocolate cake and back rubs. Sometimes, it's a kick in the butt.

But over time, the loved one ought to at least perceive and hopefully FEEL LOVED.

REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDERED folks never had their love buckets filled at key years in their childhood and have little extra, if any at all, to give to others. They are much more given to grasping, demanding, clutching etc. whatever substitutes for love they can.

I think such dynamics pollute all manner of threads on all manner of forums all the time.

my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey Christians have Jesus, and the atheists have aliens. Both require faith since both have little concrete proof of their existence. I think atheists should stop invading all the posts on ATS about their faith in little green men.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I find it especially a chronic problem with absent fathers who fail to emotionally bond, with healthy affection; active listening; spending significant periods of good time with their sons who particularly suffer. But daughters, too.

Are you talking about the loving Christian father or the cold calculating atheist father?

Add in a harsh brand of rigid narrow pseudoChristianity and the mixture for rebellion of the type the recent shooter displayed is overwhelming.

Hmm, have you seen the kids that come from an atheist family? Narcissistic Personality Disorder comes to mind with most of these kids.

Scripture says PROVOKE NOT your kids to wrath. Such Christians chronically ignore/rebel against that command and too many even think it's right to ignore it because of other Scriptures they, for psychodynamic reaons pay more attention to.

Well that is kind of the point. When people are unchristian in their actions then it is not Christianity even if they say it is. It is about as simple as that. Just because they might go to church doesn’t make them a Christian, and every Christian church I have been in has not ever, not even remotely, dictated what so many atheist say goes on daily.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join