It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Some people take religion a bit far and this falls into the hate category. Trying not to judge anyone is the best way to go. Here is an example of furver that can run into judgment and hate. I see fear and insecurity. This tells me someone is missing that inner peace that comes with being spiritual.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Some people take religion a bit far and this falls into the hate category. Trying not to judge anyone is the best way to go. Here is an example of furver that can run into judgment and hate. I see fear and insecurity. This tells me someone is missing that inner peace that comes with being spiritual.

I think religion is the least of her many problems hehe.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Yeah I saw that wife swap... That lady was WAY more evil than the pagan family that she was "swapped" into. How dare she be SO judgmental of a family for having different beliefs.... Seriously... when that originally aired it made me a) regret that I believed in ANY way in the same religion as her... and b) made me want to be VERY unchristian and slap the evil out of her...

edit to add... after subjecting myself to that, again... I believe Jesus himself would have told her "leave now then woman" when she was screaming about if you don't believe in jesus get out of my house....

CA RAY ZEEEE....

[edit on 12/17/2007 by coven]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Interesting to point out that many viewers like that particular episode so much that they wanted the lady in question for another show.

I wonder if it was staged.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think you make a lot of good points.

I do think some atheists can be quite loving parents and avoid ATTACHMENT DISORDER

but I think they TEND to be in the small minority.

I say that more from my experience and my dissertation research efforts though my dissertation didn't look at that issue specifically. There was some evidence that atheists' homes were not quite as warm as homes of other value orientations . . . interpersonally. Seemed to be a lot more detachment, social/emotional distance involved. But it's been a long time since I've looked at the raw data . . . I only analyized 4 or so variables out of more than 100 variables . . . no, I think it was 1,000 variables. I forget--I collected a HUGE amount of data.

Let me see if I can find my dissertation . . .

Naw. I've misplaced it again. Must be in some box somewhere.

I should make the time to throw the rest of the data . . . at least some of it . . . into SPSS.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Generalization is a much abused tool on both sides of the divide there budro.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Well.. I'm in agreement with MajorMalfunction.

If you can't take the heat of debate, well... get of the ATS.

I don't find pleasure in debating my Christian views. There really is no reason too. Jesus didn't debate who he was with anyone. I will put the Truth out there for everyone to read and if they accept it that is wonderful and if they don't then that is between them and God.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

anyone making posts full of hate would be banned immediately ? have you checked:muhammad prophet or profiteer of god ? try page 27. as it has been told to me by some others ---i am a dellusional subject----so you might not want to believe me--------check for your self am i dellusional or do i see what i think i see?-----by the way---i hate no one----except myself at times when i make stupid mistakes--------when i quote scriptures its not me that wrote them G-D is the author of them except for the few where some liars that claim to have been translaters/scholars of hebrew and greek have deliberatly inserted /removed what didnt appeal to themselves-----but these are provable----bullingers companion bible lists practically all the lies falsely inserted by the enemies of G-Ds truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

that is why I found today a nice link on my U2 to civility and decorum in ATS.

The problem has been addressed and a new warning system is in place, this the link to the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
anyone making posts full of hate would be banned immediately ? have you checked:muhammad prophet or profiteer of god ? try page 27.

Page 27? Try page 3 onwards. The thread went off the deep end. Sure occasionally it got back on track, but then drive by trolls come in and sent it off the edge again. In the end it was more like a 'my God is better than your God' kinda thread... real useless waste of server space, those sort of threads.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw the video.. Her own family looked at her like she had lost her freaking mind. To be honest, I felt sorry for them. I am sure it was more than embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johannamoria

Thats really admirable.If only there were more people like yourself out there we'd be 100 steps ahead of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This woman is mentally ill. She needs to seek help. I say this in all seriousness.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I agree, get rid of the religious extremists, especially when it is completely off topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Actually, I have seen bashing from Christians and from atheists. I'm really sick and tired of it. I don't mind a thread that gives solid, truthful information about Jesus, Christianity and any other religion. I like to learn about other people's spiritual beliefs.
But when the hatred comes out, it makes it impossible to discuss things with a peaceful mind and attitude. I've seen atheists post some pretty rude things and I've seen some Christians post pretty rude things.

I just wish all religions and non-religions would get along and try to have tolerance toward each other. I don't like the attitude of "my way is the only way".

I am Pagan and I know lots of Pagans that have big issues with Christianity for various reasons. These are often the ones that complain about being bashed by Christians. I used to have issues with Christianity. I was raised Christian. But I finally understood that my spiritual growth would be limited if I held bad attitudes toward Christians.

I believe that if we are ever able to attain true religious tolerance with each other, it will have to start WITH PEOPLE RESPECTING OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEFS. That means it needs to start with ME. If I bash another religion, I should expect to be bashed in turn. I would like to note that bashing is different than simply stating the truth, i.e. "atheists don't believe in God", instead of "atheists are evil because they don't believe in God." There is a difference.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

ATS is a great place for folks to be themselves. What is is...the prism'll look different depending on where it's viewed from, move around the prism to gather the most comprehensive INSIGHT...I hope this is within good form/decorum...Respectfully, Mike

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

yes---tnks---i got the same u2u about behaviour---------now i'm more paranoid than ever "wondering if i'm the one" ?-----get told off enough and you start to doubt (yourself/myself) !

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

tnks beachcoma----i'll go back check again----starting page 3---------and see if i lied------hope not.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Don't be is nothing to worry about if all you do is express your ideas opinions in good taste and for everybody to enjoy, debate and lets no forget question.

In my eyes so far you are doing just fine.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Religios Radicals don't want to play fair. They don't want to be accepted. They only want to CONTROL everyone else. They want to put all the rest of us in a four-square-gospel BOX... and tell us what we can eat, wear, think, do, believe... and leave no personal interpretation to those of us who are much smarter than they are because we know how to think for ourselves. We don't have a GOD WE FEAR because we're smart enough to know if there IS a greater Force, it doesn't give a damn about individual thoughts and deeds. It just IS... and that's all the alleged Force needs to be. It's not responsible for our good times, nor reaping vengeance on us for our transgressions. It doesn't care... we create our own realities, and we reap only what we sow. It's the Universal Law that perpetual motion begets a response equal to itself.

I grew up in a farming community and an entire family that was nothing but a four-square-gospel CIRCUS. They tried to brainwash me, but from the time I started public school on, I KNEW BETTER! I knew they were all sick, and I plotted for YEARS to get old enough and bright enough to get away from those wretched, self-promoting, judgemental idiots.

The best way to deal with them in any thread is to IGNORE ALL THEIR POSTS AS IF NOTHING WAS EVER WRITTEN THERE! No censorship. Just ignore the posts that are there to inflict guilt and aggravation to those of us who know a lot more about life and liberty and the REAL world than they do. It's really easy to ignore them. Just refer back to/reply to the last bright/sane/non-religious post and go on from there. If we argue with them, they're happy. So, just ignore them, and when they figure out we're not going to give them any thought, they will get tired and go away. It may take a while, but it's well worth the effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join