It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

you enjoy what you read here yet you are an---------- radical atheist ? sorry i just want to understand what i cannot comprehend----------how can you really be an atheist yet enjoy ? what you come here to see ?i ask because for myself-----once i'm sure i have determined what the real truth is about any subject i hate--------say like a false religion or demonizim--------or something full of lies----------i never look back-----why would i waste my time? is this part of what i perceive is meant by the truth shall set you free ? john 8:32

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

thank you for your recommendation i/we go somewhere else but again i'll ask the same question--------if you as some others say here that they are not interested ? in religion then why bother to waste your time checking out a religious conspiracy thread ?--------sorry but to my level of intelligence this makes no sense because i never waste my time looking at things i hate or couldnt care less about---------maybe there is something wrong with me that i dont understand ? should i become a sadist or a masochist temporarily --just to see what it is i'm missing ?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I almost never look at religious threads. I grew tired of arguing with the delusional types years ago.

Internet Infidels offers an intensive environment more suited to the kind of discussions these opposing groups tend to get into.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

ok---but Who is the ultimate authority to decide who is or who is not dellusional ?are you telling me that you are that authority ?if you are not then Who is that authority ?---i'd like to talk to Them

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I see. I'm not permitted to have a personal opinion about the psychological state of the opposition?

Gee, thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

i just took a look at your infidel site----------doesnt look too appealing to me-------like it says for secular types--------i'm not secular/i'm extreme right wing religious------you are not interested in religion ?-------its your ideal place i guess ?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

you could tell me i'm dellusional all day long till the cows came home but that doesnt mean i have to believe you or worry about it.---------say what you think!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Thanks you, Thank you and one hundred thanks for this thread.

As of lately I have noticed The Lack of conspiracy on ATS Conspiracy in Religions Thread.

In two occasion I have been polite enough to ask for the conspiracy on the OP but seems that the only conspiracy is a new wave of religious manipulated issues where is only base on opinions and religious experiences rather than on a religious conspiracy per say.

Then I have noticed the complains on the same Thread Conspiracies in Religion from the faithful members because is not respect to religion.

Dear faithful and religious members, Conspiracy in Religions is not about bringing your faith and personal faithful and religious experiences in it but for the discussion of conspiracies related and surrounding religion.

We have BTS that perhaps will cater better to your spirituality and religious needs.

I am so grateful for this issue to be brought up.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
So, what should we do about it? Should there be a ban on off-topic discussion? Particularily if it's religious in nature? Do we really need a 'Conspiracies In Religion' forum, if all it's ever used for is as a soapbox for extremists views by crazed bible-thumpers??

I personally find it funny that you would try to group all "religious" and "spiritual minded" people into one larger consparicy theory.

I'm a spritiual person and the things I'm personally into would be fatly rejected by the "bible-thumpers".

The bible-thumpers tend to be as blind as the people that would call all spiritual minded people bible-thumpers.

My life revolves around spiritual things. I feel sorry for those that lie to themselves thinking life isn't spiritual, as spirituality is ALL the points of life.

Although, I'm fully aware of the bad taste "religion" has left in the minds of those people that know reality enough to see that religion is full of BullPucks, but That shouldn't let your consciousness be tricked into thinking just because religious people tend to be great big fools that You should follow suit in their foolery by being an anti-religion being.

The Spiritual things are very truthful and all you have to do is LOOK into it for yourself to see that.

I've noted that too many people here on this planet wish always to be spoon fed "perfect info", but the truth is "the truthful nature of knowledge" takes work.

Stop being lazy or at least stop the bitching about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

just a question Purple Heart... Why would you say that when this is OBVIOUSLY in the ATS conspiracies in Religion forum? I mean... I understand not wanting to debate religious issues and all... but now we can't even debate religious Issues on ATS' Conspiracies in Religions forum?

Thats like saying people need to keep the Alien talk out of the UFO and Aliens Forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

i'm sorry.. but could you direct me to the fundamentalists?
actually, could you point out how one could be an atheist fundamentalist?

i've yet to see any atheist on here say "if you proved god to me, i wouldn't believe it"
i've never heard atheists talk about the infallibility of their lack of belief either...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The fruitcakes have taken over II. If you believe in The Great Cosmic Pupfart, you'll feel right at home.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
just a question Purple Heart... Why would you say that when this is OBVIOUSLY in the ATS conspiracies in Religion forum? I mean... I understand not wanting to debate religious issues and all... but now we can't even debate religious Issues on ATS' Conspiracies in Religions forum?

Read for comprehension. The title of the thread is Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS? I added my $.02.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Yes... I've read the entire thread... I'm not trying to get overly religious members banned for posting their beliefs. Denial of ignorance goes both ways...

and for the record I'm agnostic... can't really be a fundamentalist and an agnostic... so please keep the subtle 'your and idiot who obviously cannot comprehend what they read' comments out of it.

I asked you a question, and I still await your reply.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This question goes out to Yahn Goodey. It involves your concept of "Adamic man." 1. Pre Adamic man had his own religions. Were they wrong? Why would God give the faculties to be religious if they couldn't connect to him? 2. Humans have a so called "God gene," why would pre Adamic man have had a God gene if at that time, God wanted nothing to do with him? 3. How can you prove that all people alive today are descendants of Adamic man?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OK, this no about banning the thread or religious believers, this about keeping the Conspiracies in Religion as for the discussion of any religious topic with a conspiracy angle.

This thread brings a conspiracy about Extremist taking over ATS, personally I have seen the Conspiracies on religion taking a preaching tone and personal views and opinions of what faith, God and the bible should be.

But when is a topic a conspiracy? It is when another member disagree with the believes of another member? or when the member that his or hers believes are challenged screams that the other member do not respect his religious or spiritual views.

When this happen the thread is not longer a conspiracy thread but a religious bashing thread.

That kills the thread completely.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm looking at the threads listed on the topic forum. How are radical Christians taking over? I do not understand the post unless it is just a troll.

Here are the top first page threads listed as of 12/16/07 5:30 PM Eastern Time. How does one concluded that radical Christians are taking over the Conspiracies in Religions of ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Conspiracy against true spiritual potential (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 8 )
100% Flawless Proof of God (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 10 )
Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS? (Pages: 1 2 )
16 Common Myths About Atheists (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 5 )
Muhammad - Prophet or Profiteer of God? (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 28 )
What is the purpose of hell? (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 7 )
Christians Spreading Hate?
End Times
What is going on in the Kabbalah? (Pages: 1 2 )
OSHO - VERY INTERESTING SET OF OPINIONS and VIEWS... He has many followers
Life begins at Conception (Pages: 1 2 3 )
The Devil hidden in the games. (Pages: 1 2 3 )
A Conspiracy against TRUTH
Forgotten Abominations Of The Bible. (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 7 )
A theory of human spiritual repression.
Is Christianity Dying? (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 11 )
Antichrist = Nero Ceasar = 666 (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
Is Filled with the Holy Spirit and being Moral a Myth?
New Take on Israel
A view from Heaven The truth 100% Validated, read for hope. l
The Sister Lucia of Fatima Who Died Recently was not the Real Sister Lucia: Compelling Evidence! (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 9 )
A contradiction in the bible (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 12 )
There is only one religion (Pages: 1 2 )
The Golden Compass (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
Very WEIRD letter! Anyone know what this is about? (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 13 )
Can God be an Alien race? (Pages: 1 2 3 )
The Last Supper - DaVinci Code (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 6 )
Interesting information on the "Christianity is a copy of Pagan Myths" Theory (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 12 )
What replaces christianity and other religions? (Pages: 1 2 )
Antichrist on forums (Pages: 1 2 )
Oh, dinosaur found with flesh intact. (Pages: 1 2 3 )
Is religion the worlds biggest conspiracy? (Pages: 1 2 )
Pillar in the Sky (Pages: 1 2 )
To Atheists, I Have a Question (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
Aliens or Demons They are demons of course (Pages: 1 2 )
Religion A and Religion B, which one?
Why I try to disprove God. (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 8 )
NEEDED: everyones theories, beliefs, facts on the bible...post here (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 17 )
Gospel Truth
Women need to shut up and sit down (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 7 )
Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 12 )
High Technology In The Bible
Paul hi-jacked the new 'faith'?
The Absloute Power of Christianity! (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 120 )
Why is Mahmoud Abbas the Beast of Revelation 13?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I'm looking at the threads listed on the topic forum. How are radical Christians taking over? I do not understand the post unless it is just a troll.

Well, the gist of what he is saying (to my understanding) is that religious zealots have invaded and are posting aplenty in threads OUTSIDE of this forum. That's what 90% of the opening post was saying, more or less. Only the last sentence talked about this forum in particular.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Maybe it would have helped if the OP would have posted some examples. Instead they made your average blanket statement and then left and hasn't posted here since. Seems silly to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

and even within this forum, people sneak some stuff into the unrelated topics. it's kind of pointless to see certain things pop up in threads where they absolutely don't belong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join