It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

thanks for the words of encouragement but i think now we've been warned----i will proceed with extra caution-------will probably not respond to just anyone (that looks like trouble to me?) anymore-----its too bad it has to be that way.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

I would like to note that bashing is different than simply stating the truth, i.e. "atheists don't believe in God", instead of "atheists are evil because they don't believe in God." There is a difference.

This is probably the best quote I have ever seen in the religious topic.

Sick of being called evil for being an atheist

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

QUOTE'''
On the other hand, I do see more and more Christians, not being afraid of expressing themselves, and that is wonderful! I don't mean arguing, being insulting, or claiming crazy things, I just mean being able to speak on the topic .. be it Christianity, without fear of being ridiculed by people like .. the thread poster here who has a chip on his shoulder for Christians.''

A chip? Nah - I just intensely dislike ignorance - and I don't suffer fools easily either.

If Christians want to 'express' their beliefs, their feelings about 'god', or their bunions even - this particular thread is NOT the place. This is about religious conspiracy - y'know: Holy Blood and The Holy Grail, The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Female Pope, etc etc - NOT 'God is real and I can prove it!!...ermm...'how' you ask? Because the Bible tells me he is!'.

That's not conspiracy - that's mindless religious fundamentalism.

J.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by Esoterica

funny you should say that ats attracts all kinds of (crazies ?) but yet you are here with us--------which type are you ?----------just kidding you dont have to answer

Hey, I'm not 'normal' - hell, that WOULD be boring

I like to think of myself as a 'lower-case' crazie - it's the 'upper-case' CRAZIES that I'm talking about....

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Well.. I'm in agreement with MajorMalfunction.

If you can't take the heat of debate, well... get of the ATS. One thing I like here is that everyone from any belief can debate here. I am a born again bible believeing Christian, yet I value my debates with the atheists. They have the right to believe as they wish and I have the right to question that belief as they do mine. I enjoy going toe to toe with atheists. And I would hope they like the debate with me as well.

Now what Jimbo999 might fear is hate and maybe the holier that thou attitude. Jimbo999.. why don't you just jump into the water and swim with the rest of us. That is... unless you're not so sure of what it is you believe. That is the only reason I could see of the desire to silence free speech. there are pleanty of viewpoints to go around. We are not all Christians out here.

We have Muslims, Hindus, atheists, new age, theists, deists, agnostics, and even some satanists and wiccans too. None of them are scraming "Off with their heads !" So either get into the debates or find something safe for you to do.

'Get into the debates'?? You don't know me too well obviously

Fine. Start a ' My God Is Better Than Yours' forum, and I'm sure people of like minds will flock there. My issue is with people using this forum to do nothing more than scream from their pulpits about how wonderful 'God' is.

That's not what 'Religius Conspiracy' is about...

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

what amazes me is why "atheists" would even bother to get into the religious conspiracy section of ats and complain unless they are not sure? if thats what they are or have a hate on for the Diety or those that do believe there is a Creator or "are trying to save us from ourselves''------------can anyone think of another reason because i cant think of it just yet? other than the devil made them do it ?

Again - I don't think you understand the 'Conspiracy' part of 'Religious Conspiracy'. You most certainly DON'T have to 'believe' to take part - in fact - I would think most religious types would find real info on this subject highly unsettling and frightening for them...

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by forestlady

I would like to note that bashing is different than simply stating the truth, i.e. "atheists don't believe in God", instead of "atheists are evil because they don't believe in God." There is a difference.

This is probably the best quote I have ever seen in the religious topic.

Sick of being called evil for being an atheist

Well you can come over to my place for a beer anytime
Being termed 'Evil' I find highly amusing really; it's simply a reaction of fear by small-mided, ignorant people.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by PrplHrt

ok---but Who is the ultimate authority to decide who is or who is not dellusional ?are you telling me that you are that authority ?if you are not then Who is that authority ?---i'd like to talk to Them

Hi
You're talking to him... Hey, we can all play God now and then....heh!

Kidding.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by yahn goodey

I see. I'm not permitted to have a personal opinion about the psychological state of the opposition?

Gee, thanks.

Sure you are - the more the merrier!

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jimbo999

Thanks you, Thank you and one hundred thanks for this thread.

As of lately I have noticed The Lack of conspiracy on ATS Conspiracy in Religions Thread.

In two occasion I have been polite enough to ask for the conspiracy on the OP but seems that the only conspiracy is a new wave of religious manipulated issues where is only base on opinions and religious experiences rather than on a religious conspiracy per say.

Then I have noticed the complains on the same Thread Conspiracies in Religion from the faithful members because is not respect to religion.

Dear faithful and religious members, Conspiracy in Religions is not about bringing your faith and personal faithful and religious experiences in it but for the discussion of conspiracies related and surrounding religion.

We have BTS that perhaps will cater better to your spirituality and religious needs.

I am so grateful for this issue to be brought up.

You're welcome!! Glad to be of service - and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by PrplHrt

just a question Purple Heart... Why would you say that when this is OBVIOUSLY in the ATS conspiracies in Religion forum? I mean... I understand not wanting to debate religious issues and all... but now we can't even debate religious Issues on ATS' Conspiracies in Religions forum?

Thats like saying people need to keep the Alien talk out of the UFO and Aliens Forum.

Again - this IS NOT a 'religious issues' forum!!
Get the moderators to start one if you wish - but this forum is for 'Religious Conspiracies'....

I know - I'm sounding like a broken record - but why do so many NOT understand this??

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by dbates

i'm sorry.. but could you direct me to the fundamentalists?
actually, could you point out how one could be an atheist fundamentalist?

i've yet to see any atheist on here say "if you proved god to me, i wouldn't believe it"
i've never heard atheists talk about the infallibility of their lack of belief either...

'atheist fundamentalist' ???? Yes, it's a new one on me too. Bit of an oxymoron really.

As always - very well put.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
OK, this no about banning the thread or religious believers, this about keeping the Conspiracies in Religion as for the discussion of any religious topic with a conspiracy angle.

This thread brings a conspiracy about Extremist taking over ATS, personally I have seen the Conspiracies on religion taking a preaching tone and personal views and opinions of what faith, God and the bible should be.

But when is a topic a conspiracy? It is when another member disagree with the believes of another member? or when the member that his or hers believes are challenged screams that the other member do not respect his religious or spiritual views.

When this happen the thread is not longer a conspiracy thread but a religious bashing thread.

That kills the thread completely.

Again - well said

You understand EXACTLY what I was saying. Some people here still seem confused.... Maybe I'll type it in Latin next time....(snicker..)

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Yeah - but if you ACTUALLY READ the posts - 50% of them tend to be posted by right-wing christian extremists who have an agenda that bears no relation to the actual topics in the threads...

Check it out if you don't believe me.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

if thats what they are or have a hate on for the Diety or those that do believe there is a Creator or "are trying to save us from ourselves''

I am an atheist, how can I hate something I dont believe in?

------------can anyone think of another reason because i cant think of it just yet? other than the devil made them do it ?

Devil? Again how can the devil make me do it when I dont believe he/ she is real?

Rational answers wanted

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by yahn goodey

The reasons atheists are doing so is two-fold. The first is because they know God exists, and the second is that even though they resist Him daily in their heart, they can't stand it if you or I mention God in public because it only reminds them of God in their lives all over again. For them it's a scary situation.

What they want here is to be able to say all they wish about God and promote their atheist campaign without being resisted. They want free roam of the ATS and Christians out once and for all.

Well - you've just proved my WHOLE point! Thanks! So you admit that all you chritstian radicals are posting on these forums in order to promote your own personal religious beliefs to others!

That was easy.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well... that's because their is more than one viewpoint. You atheists have your view of the universe and everything in it, and those who believe in God have another. This is why we call it free speech and open debate. The only thing is, those who believe in God don't seem at all threatened by you atheists, and have no problem debating any of you. But it seems to me that it's the atheists that are having trouble debating and discussing the issues.

Not remotley mate
It's a peice of cake 'debating' your types.

But that is NOT what this forum is about.....jeez......on and on.... Still don't get it huh? This is NOT a 'religious issues' forum! That's the WHOLE point.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by jimbo999

Oh HOGWASH.

The authentic Christianperspective on here in numbers of posters has to be inthe low 3-5% or less.

And, even those few of us who do persist in trying to hold a candle in the chronic pervasive hurricane of hostility against Christianity hereon routinely have our super small fraction of posts drowned out by the thundering herd of hostility . . . and often rather blind, illogical hostility at that . . . an worse . . . too often aided and abetted by heavy handed moderator bias and antiChristian hostility as well.

For those of us who are authentic CHristians and well informed on the topics . . . e.g. UFO's our perspective, world view/Christianity is thoroughly involved in the topic. It is INHERENTLY A SPIRITUAL TOPIC.

Ditto conspiracy stuff . . . END OF THE WORLD STUFF IS INHERENTLY A BIBLICAL TOPIC.

YOu don't like that--that's just reality.

It's cute that Christians are asked to shed their Christianity when writing on virtally any thread.

Atheists are NOT asked to shed their atheist world view, perspective, etc.

Muslims are not asked to shed their world view, perspective, etc.

Sufi's are not.

Hindu's are not.

Buddhists are not.

Wiccans are not.

Native Americans are not.

Rastiferians are not.

Rosecrucians are not.

Evangelical Christians are routinely expected to not write out of their world view, their perspective, their convictions, their construction on reality, who they are. THey are expected to put on a straight jacket and wholesale censor anything they might write unless it's a designated RELIGIOUS thread.

Sheesh. What an outrageous double standard. What a stacked deck. What a pile of cow pies.

[edit on 17/12/2007 by BO XIAN]

The 'end of the world' is purely Biblical? News to me. You need to read outside of the biblical-box.

Again - and for the hundredth time - 'Conspiracy In Religion' is NOT about about how it 'feels' to be christian - or muslem, or budhist etc. It is about conspiracies IN (within) religion....

This is getting kinda boring now....I can only repeat myself so many times before my keyboard starts to creak under the repetetiveness...

hohum.

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Geeez...and I thought the Founding Fathers (at least the smart one's who came up with the constitution) we're primarily Masonic in belief?? i.e. - they did not promote or follow ANY particular religious creed?

J.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Again - this IS NOT a 'religious issues' forum!!
Get the moderators to start one if you wish - but this forum is for 'Religious Conspiracies'....

The site owners already made a religious issues forum:
Faith, Spirituality & Theology

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join