It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by yahn goodey

even though they resist Him daily in their heart, they can't stand it if you or I mention God in public because it only reminds them of God in their lives all over again. For them it's a scary situation.

What they want here is to be able to say all they wish about God and promote their atheist campaign without being resisted. They want free roam of the ATS and Christians out once and for all.

I think there's too much uncomfortable truth in your assertionis.

It is like an authentic evangelical Christian even existing is an affront to them--an outrageous state of affairs that they seemingly

MUST OBSESSIVELY and ruthlessly attack at every opportunity in every way they can with all the venom and hostility they can muster and put into pointy words. And the more blood, the better they seem to like it.

I realize that the NWO folks will be outlawing Christianity as soon as they can get away with it. I realize that folks owning Christianity will be herded off to the death camps wholesale and in our lifetimes.

Nevertheless, as long as possible, I intend to stand up and be counted and to give the NWO satanic puppet masters plenty of evidence to convict me of loving my Lord and Savior on.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

extremist is a term that no religious believer wants to be tagged with ? since you have not lived others lives for us and really don't know what we have had to go thru thanks to other not so nice people up to now-----how could you know that being labled an extremist would be considered anathama to some of us ? extremist is one of the kindest things i've been called-----and frankly i dont care if i'm martyred for my religious beliefs----though i am not a masochist------but my mind is made up to stick with G-Ds truth---even if i end up being all alone in what i believe to be the truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

What radical christians? If there are any, they are certainly counterbalanced by the multitudinous avowed athiests like my pal, Major Malfunction and others like her. (not implying you're radical there MM, just so you know...).

As is said so very often, if you don't agree with them, or can't have a civil conversation/argument, ignore them...that's what the little button is for after all.

A christian belief system doesn't automatically imply that they believe the world was formed just over six thousand years ago, you know...one can believe in the Christian god and still have several brain cells to rub together...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

you and i obviously think alike even if we might not see perfectly eye to eye (on every little detail yet)-----just an assumption since this first time i recall our meeting-----thank you for your support

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Why are we letting people with extremist christian religious views hijack ATS?

How many times do we have to deal with interesting threads being ruined by deluded christian whackos trying to use any excuse imaginable to try and ram their religious views down our throats?

We all know too well that 99.9% of the time, the thread has little if anything to do with Christian religious extremism.

So, what should we do about it? Should there be a ban on off-topic discussion? Particularily if it's religious in nature? Do we really need a 'Conspiracies In Religion' forum, if all it's ever used for is as a soapbox for extremists views by crazed bible-thumpers??

Discuss?

J.

So is the OP saying that his view of the Universe is correct and any other view that doesn’t fit his box of truths are the thoughts of Wackos?

I have not seen any posts forcing religious views on others, but I do see posts from people whose foundation is based on religion, is that wrong? Or in another way, is that any different than the OP who bases his posts on his personal beliefs too?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1 7 7 6
reply to post by BO XIAN

As I see it, if Christianity in the US was less "in your face" people might not be so hostile towards it.

1 7 7 6

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll EXCUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE ME!

It just so happens that our beloved US of A was FOUNDED on Christian principles ESPRESSLY to afford us the freedom worship our Biblical Christian God without hindrance.

That part of our Constitution has been turned on it's head by the NWO folks.

Folks wanting a nonChristian nation are invited to go elsewhere.

Sadly, the NWO folks will carry the day for a relatively brief time and Christianity will be outlawed and Christians mass murdered. Will you be cheering wildly then???

We have ceased in a long list of ways to be a very Christian nation the last 50 years. And we have suffered a lot for it as a nation. But the suffering is nothing compared to what's ahead.

The light will be getting lighter and the dark, darker.

Folks will see many vivid demonstrations of the difference and the consequences for choosing one over the other.

It's not just idle philosophical intellecutalizing that's involved. These really are life and death issues whether the layers hiding that allow that to be clearly seen, or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by BO XIAN

you and i obviously think alike even if we might not see perfectly eye to eye (on every little detail yet)-----. . . ---thank you for your support

Thanks for your kind words.

Have avoided posting for long periods hereon primarily because of the chronic, vigorous, super hostile, rabid, pervasive, DOUBLE STANDARD, . . . .fierce Christian bashing that ALMOST seems to be SOP and certainly a knee jerk reflex of many hereon--even some of the mods.

It's outrageous and gets very wearying.

I still often post on another large forum a list f ATS LINKS for folks on our ufo threads there to come and benefit from ATS. I do that several times a week.

But to bother wading through all the machine gunning hostility against Christian hereon is often more than I want to bother with for long periods of time.

Blessings,

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Have avoided posting for long periods hereon primarily because of the chronic, vigorous, super hostile, rabid, pervasive, DOUBLE STANDARD, . . . .fierce Christian bashing that ALMOST seems to be SOP and certainly a knee jerk reflex of many hereon--even some of the mods.

It's outrageous and gets very wearying.

If you change the word Christian to another mainstream faith...
Point is, it happens to all sides.

Anyway, I thought the OP was referring to Christian extremists. Not your regular Christians.

South East Asian proverb: Bite chilli, hot taste? (If the shoe fits?)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The problem is that anybody with an agenda will actually used the OP to feel targeted and find an excused to kill a thread with a good ole Christian self worth bashing.

Then anybody dare to question the intention of the author.

Personally I think he nail the issue to the spot.

Hate and anger filled post are not way to a intelligent discussion no matter which side you belong too.

BTW I am waiting for the preaching to begin.

That will prove point number two. Is ATS been taken over by religious extremist? this thread will tell.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I ascribe it most of the time, to REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDERed childhoods reared by harsh brutal parents pretending to be Christians.

Can you explain what this means? I'd like to understand.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

If you change the word Christian to another mainstream faith...
Point is, it happens to all sides.

Anyway, I thought the OP was referring to Christian extremists. Not your regular Christians.

I recognize that the wording was used as you state.

HOWEVER, IN PRACTICE, all an authentic Christian has to do is show up on a thread in many cases. In others, just say something that's the least bit from their world view, their construction on reality . . . and even though they are far from "extremist"

they WILL BE TREATED AND RESPONDED to

as though they were extremist, stupid, mentally ill, brainless, hitlerian, controlling, etc. etc.

No it does NOT happen to any other faith to the same degree with the same rabidness; with the same frequency; with the same harshness etc. etc. etc.

BY A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG SHOT.

I'd love to do a statistical study, if I had the time. I'm convinced the evidence would be extremely lopsided and overwhelming.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I ascribe it most of the time, to REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDERed childhoods reared by harsh brutal parents pretending to be Christians.

Can you explain what this means? I'd like to understand.

REACTIVE ATTCHMENT DISORDER

see Drs Sibcy and Clinton's

ATTACHMENTS Why You Love, Feel, and Act the Way You Do

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197916896&sr=1-1

as the best book I know on the topic.

It involves parents the first 6 years of life being harsh, abusive,

or merely cold

or absent

AND NOT BONDING EMOTIONALLY with the child the first 8 years of life.

I find it especially a chronic problem with absent fathers who fail to emotionally bond, with healthy affection; active listening; spending significant periods of good time with their sons who particularly suffer. But daughters, too.

Add in a harsh brand of rigid narrow pseudoChristianity and the mixture for rebellion of the type the recent shooter displayed is overwhelming.

AT LEAST it tends to produce a good proportion of the hostile atheists in the country.

Scripture says PROVOKE NOT your kids to wrath. Such Christians chronically ignore/rebel against that command and too many even think it's right to ignore it because of other Scriptures they, for psychodynamic reaons pay more attention to.

It would be an interesting empirical study to have surveyed all the atheists hereon BEFORE such a discussion and to have determined how many did come from such a background or similar background.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No it does NOT happen to any other faith to the same degree with the same rabidness; with the same frequency; with the same harshness etc. etc. etc.

BY A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG SHOT.

Perhaps you only perceive it that way because you are Christian, and therefore more sensitive towards criticisms towards Christianity?

I know I fall for certain cognitive biases myself, and perceive things to be against my own beliefs because those are the things I take notice to. It's only human.

Edit to add: Here's another interesting psychological phenomenon you might want to read:
Hostile media effect

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

This sounds very interesting. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For a start Christianity is about History, it has document man's journey.
Okay people say maybe it is not true and it's all ancient man's way of thinking.

But because people have missed out the last 100 years of discovery of ancient ruins they probably missed out the people who thanked the Bible for giving them a head start. I guess it was a bit like Indiana Jone's back then. It's because the Bible was the best-known book to be looking for sites and to cross reference. Egypt would only have writings on the walls about it self and doubt the rest of the worlds knowlege if there was any has never been found to even match what the Bible tells.

But during the big UFO interest in the 1960s, people have looked to the Bible and said, look maybe I saw this and experienced this, which sounds the same as what had been witnessed.

So one group will say that Ufos have been around for thousands of years and that man has made contact in the past and the space age people look to the stars to find them.

The Christians on the other hand will state that Angels and signs and wonders will happen in the end of days, but also a mass deception where Demons will come about to Earth and maybe fallen Angels to say they are from another planet.

But you see that science and experiences only makes Christianity more likeable for the Christian and so does history being dug up.

God may have created the world in 6 days or 6,000 years depending on interpretation of God years. But at the same time does not rule out that God can manipulate Time and have a prepared stage for man to live in.

The Dinosaurs could have been around too with man, and many underground stories have been told about certain discoveries. Even if Christians wanted to walk away from Evolution, science and discovery has only helped but today's anti-Christian news will never try and admit anything being true in a daily spotlight like they do with Evolution.

Then you find that on this website and on Youtube many TV personalities or politicians seem to have the odd Reptilian shape shift to them and you wonder why maybe something’s are as covered up as they are. We are not saying these people are Aliens but they could have a demonic influence and the end agenda is to make the world disbelieve as much as possible so that maybe one of their Kings will rise to power.

Or could it be Aliens who are being Kind and in their undercover to help man kind get out of this backward religious belief system? One-way of doing it is to just show up or send a signal or a sign. But I guess that is too much and they would rather pose as Humans or in Humans.

Or this is not true people are a bit crazy, all the UFO buffs, the Christians, the conspiracy theories and all the experiences people have had really.

So it leaves a set of people who don't believe, never experienced and will reject the concept of a God and maybe abduction experiences and all other psychic knowledge.

What does that conclude? It seems again like being scientific or observant comes to a close and they are not actually being academic about it but would rather shove knowledge that does not fit into their shape of thinking.
You do get disprovers of Religion and of God and will fight against it, but in order to do so you need know more about God in the first place and man's history and the one's that do just don't know enough.

I don't think Atheists are fundamental enough at being Atheists and I don't think people see the whole spectrum of it all to judge.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by The time lord]

[edit on 17-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
I know I fall for certain cognitive biases myself, and perceive things to be against my own beliefs because those are the things I take notice to. It's only human.

Edit to add: Here's another interesting psychological phenomenon you might want to read:
Hostile media effect

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

Certainly cognitive biases are real.

As a psychologist, I could factor out say 25% for cognitive bias?

I still would have to say in all my years hereon, I have

NEVER

seen such a thing happen to ANY other value group.

And I have seen it happen to Christians hereon hundreds of times or more . . . ALMOST every time they rear their 'ugly' heads.

BTW, how many times have you heard someone curse with:

"Oh 8&#@ Buddha!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Muhammed!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Allah!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Shiva!"

?????

Can you think of a single time? I doubt it. Any where, in any context, in any country in any culture. Just doesn't happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

This sounds very interesting.
Thank you.

You're welcome

Our prisons are filled with folks with REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

Our counseling offices are filled with RAD.

Our marriages are conflicted outrageously because of RAD.

Our kids are brutalized, mangled, ignored, given RAD in epidemic proportions.

Addictions are occurring and worsened because of RAD

And, I believe, personally, most Christian bashing on ATS is because, of the root cause of RAD.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

BTW, how many times have you heard someone curse with:

"Oh 8&#@ Buddha!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Muhammed!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Allah!"

or

"Oh 8&#@ Shiva!"

?????

Can you think of a single time? I doubt it. Any where, in any context, in any country in any culture. Just doesn't happen.

I've actually heard all of those, or something to that effect. The first and the last, I sometimes hear it on the streets around my little corner of the world (I'm not from The States). Usually in jest and by supposed followers of those two faiths... so maybe it doesn't count.

But then again, sometimes another person (usually Hindu) might take offence and suddenly you've got a bunch of drunks fighting in the streets of Telawi.... never mind... point is, I've heard it before. I guess you have not because the concentration of Hindu followers per square kilometre in the States isn't as high as where I live (around 12-15% of the population). Probably the same low number of Hindus on ATS, since the bulk of the posters here are from Christian majority countries.

The middle two I've seen it, here on ATS, although it's (usually) subtle. Even though it's not word for word, the effect is still the same -- it's an insult and meant to be disparaging.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I, like you, don't care for the religious fanatics, but I care even less for the ir-religious fanatics.

The problem with athiests is that they go out of their way trying to disprove the existence of something they don't believe in in the first place, kinda like a dog chasing its tail.

Even if you don't believe in the existence of God what is wrong with a message of loving your fellow man?
Why so hateful bunky?
Did you get molested as a kid?
Were you not loved enough as a young child?

You have every right to wish for those fundies to be banned from this sight but what next.
Perhaps you should try praying.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks people now we have some intelligent debate

One question we most ask to ourself is why we get up in arms when the topic of religion is discussed.

What is about religion that makes people tend to preach and tend to deny of other peoples system of believe.

It is because the way religion and religious issues are presented? or it is because we tend to find certain topics too close to our harts and our minds when it comes to our personal interpretations.

Why some topics bring the worst out of people while others become a very entertaining and polite discussion that emanates cordiality and understanding ideas, that are exchanged with a fair shared of bible quotes, believes and personal experiences to match an intellectual share of none related bible historical facts without getting into bashing and name calling?

Yes here in ATS I have seen many outstanding threads like that but no as manyas the ones that turn into a fight for who is right and who is wrong.

Actually when it comes to faith and believes is not right and wrong but instead of shoving and pushing the the issues discussed why not intelligent sharing.

A believer is not less than a none believer the same way that a none believer is less than a believer.

What it matters is that whatever the person believes in, is mature and self confident enough to no allowed anything to hurt their feelings while in a heated debate.

If somebody is bashing your believes be religious or not the best way to go is not with preaching or name calling, but with ignoring the offending post and member.

Plain and simple.

ATS Conspiracy in religion is for the discussion of religious conspiracies, no for preaching and trying to push one or the other agendas religious and none religious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join