It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Extremists Taking Over ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

The reasons atheists are doing so is two-fold. The first is because they know God exists, and the second is that even though they resist Him daily in their heart, they can't stand it if you or I mention God in public because it only reminds them of God in their lives all over again. For them it's a scary situation.

What they want here is to be able to say all they wish about God and promote their atheist campaign without being resisted. They want free roam of the ATS and Christians out once and for all.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well... that's because their is more than one viewpoint. You atheists have your view of the universe and everything in it, and those who believe in God have another. This is why we call it free speech and open debate. The only thing is, those who believe in God don't seem at all threatened by you atheists, and have no problem debating any of you. But it seems to me that it's the atheists that are having trouble debating and discussing the issues.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

We can't forget the vast amounts of threads posted on the ATS. And that's all, and some of those are setup jobs by atheists to preach the atheist thoughtllife. Don't forget, Christians and all who believe in God will gravitate to these threads.... but so will the atheists as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First off I'd like to say if someone gets on your nerves call them out on it.If you have a valid reason to be offended like say, someone went off topic and tried to preach to everyone while claiming to be essentially all knowing just because they believe in something that is.Then speak for thier opponents by saying they believe in god but just don't want to or don't realize it or something absolutley ignorant bordering or mentally ill like that.Everyone will notice and know weather or not it was you or them in the wrong and act accordingly.What I'd like to also say is don't bring up beliefs peroid unless you frequent debate threads.Keep your ideals there if you don't want to get into an arguement or if you made the thread post whether or not your looking for opposing views as well so no one trolls in firing their beliefs into everyone that posts.One more thing, I think we all know that we have to work together as intelligent human beings to save this world from ignorance and allow beliefs of all kinds to not be persecuted into oblivion without proper reason.Take for example scientology.Proper reason there.Remember together we can bring down the terrorist organization known as The Church Of Scientology! (that last part was a bad joke, please don't have me killed)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Bingo.
And.
It's "if you don't agree with me your a (put derogatory whatever here)"ism bs that everyone seems to SOOOO love.

OH!

And persecutionism. Which runs rampit.
Funny thing is parts of BOTH SIDES scream persecution alot and loudly.

I think Shakespear said it right when he said.
"My what fools these mortals be."

[edit on 16-12-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good thread OP

I however don't necessarily believe that extremist are taking over ATS. People believe what they believe, and they express themselves accordingly, they post there opinions on topics even if it seems like they are not staying on topic, they post the beliefs or opinions in there signature, be it religious or not.

I'm sure many here believe that I'm one of those Atheist Fundies, because of these:
Is Filled with the Holy Spirit and being Moral a Myth?
Women need to shut up and sit down
A contradiction in the bible
Why do Christian and other Religious groups lie?
How far you are willing to go in regards to your religious beliefs?
Does Noahs Ark confirm Evolution?
The Top 10 Creation Myths

But this opinion of me is not correct, I very much agnostic. My belief is that religion All of them have nothing to do with God, but everything to do with controlling the flock.

I welcome All believers of religions to post away, please give your opinions and beliefs, because most followers of religion do not do this in there everyday lives, most often they surround themselves with others of the same belief, so this board turns into a avenue of discussions that may not ever occur in their everyday life. I believe this is healthy for all of us.

No one should blindly trust in anything, they should question, and discuss the things that do not set right both in there mind and in there heart.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm hoping you don't see me as a religious extremist? I am nothing like that at ALL friend. I admit I am at fault for all the GOD speak as of late, but you can't blame it all on me. I am not religious as i've said before, I'm between a spiritual, christian and scientologist all in a mixed bag!

So no, I don't think this is some type of invasion or anything like that absurd.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Because this thread only talks about Religious extremist taking over ATS I will limit my post to cover just this issue.

Extremist is a term that no religious believer wants to be tagged with, many feel offended by this term.

And I believe they have the right to do so in some instances.

But when fundamentalism is attach to some of the post, debates become hard to do and to follow and threads die or become bashing grounds for preaching and denial.

Many threads that starts as good conspiracies become nothing more than war grounds for what is right insert bible quotes and what is wrong insert atheist name calling.

A conspiracy in religion should be able to be seen with open mind, the bible is not the only book that is the irrefutable prof of anything but the historical accounts of one religion.

Is plenty of historical accounts outside the bible that should also be considered by everybody be religious or none religious.

But when fundamentalism become extremist the only book of true actually becomes the bible by the extremist that wants to win over the ones that choses to research out side bible and religious believes.

Yes we have fundamentalist in ATS, yes we have some that are extremist in their believes and we have those that prefer historical accounts beside the bible and that have alternative way of thinking and alternative believes.

Bashing is becoming a problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

thank you for the bts lo down---------have never looked there yet----------will take a peek shortly

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Merle8

thanks for the difficult questions that put me on the spot! first off i believe that the bible is the word of G-D except for the proven lies inserted into it(bullingers companion bible appendix 31-34) and a few others that bullinger points out in the columns to the sides of the verses as you read. (3)how can you prove that all humans alive are descendents of adam?noah took his family thru the flood------he was descended from adam--------all other humans were drowned---------the tectonic plates of the entire planet were sunk under the oceans to accomplish this drowning---it wasn't just 40 days of rain besides spending a years time in the ark(2)did pre-adamic man have a G-D gene?----------good one--------since i wasnt with them i can only assume not------scripture says all die in adam and all are made alive in Messiah(1corinthians 15:45 adam is called the first man-bible chronology doesnt allow for more than 6000 years yet scientist are sure? that animals looking like man have been on earth for 150,000 years or so ) so one has to assume pre-adamic man that were shaped in our image/G-Ds image didnt have the spirit of a man to lift them above the plain of animals because it would be cruel to give that kind of intelligence to a creature and then deny it eternal life since G-D is a loving Creator.not sure but think question # 1 would be answered by what i tried to get across of your other 2 questions ?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Oh HOGWASH.

The authentic Christianperspective on here in numbers of posters has to be inthe low 3-5% or less.

And, even those few of us who do persist in trying to hold a candle in the chronic pervasive hurricane of hostility against Christianity hereon routinely have our super small fraction of posts drowned out by the thundering herd of hostility . . . and often rather blind, illogical hostility at that . . . an worse . . . too often aided and abetted by heavy handed moderator bias and antiChristian hostility as well.

For those of us who are authentic CHristians and well informed on the topics . . . e.g. UFO's our perspective, world view/Christianity is thoroughly involved in the topic. It is INHERENTLY A SPIRITUAL TOPIC.

Ditto conspiracy stuff . . . END OF THE WORLD STUFF IS INHERENTLY A BIBLICAL TOPIC.

YOu don't like that--that's just reality.

It's cute that Christians are asked to shed their Christianity when writing on virtally any thread.

Atheists are NOT asked to shed their atheist world view, perspective, etc.

Muslims are not asked to shed their world view, perspective, etc.

Sufi's are not.

Hindu's are not.

Buddhists are not.

Wiccans are not.

Native Americans are not.

Rastiferians are not.

Rosecrucians are not.

Evangelical Christians are routinely expected to not write out of their world view, their perspective, their convictions, their construction on reality, who they are. THey are expected to put on a straight jacket and wholesale censor anything they might write unless it's a designated RELIGIOUS thread.

Sheesh. What an outrageous double standard. What a stacked deck. What a pile of cow pies.

[edit on 17/12/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I think I would disagree with your definition of Fundamentalist.

I think 6,000 year old earthers are a minority of folks who believe The Bible more or less literally and as THE FUNDAMENTAL BASIC description of how to live a successful life connected with God Almighty and how to spend eternity with Him.

I believe that Christians are an extremely small minority hereon--and one characteristically attacked with great venom and hostility. It would appear that ATS collects a LOT of folks who had ATTACHMENT DISORDERED childhoods with rabidly rigid and brutal parents who CLAIMED to be Christian but UNBIBLICALLY routinely provoked their kids to wrath.

And such folks hereon seem h*llbent to make every Christian who crosses their path pay forevermore.

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Poppycock!

First of all your mere use of the terms extremist, deluded christian whackos, and crazed bible-thumpers points to an obvious and critical bias.

You'll have to give some examples. Although I'm new, I've seen very few Bible thumpers and even fewer extremists (if any at all) of Christianity. As of yet, no one has started a thread to burn witches, deport atheists, exile homosexuals, or anything of the sort.

I don't see any sort of "take over" going on as it seems there are more atheists and skeptics on this board than those who believe in a religion. Nor do I see those who believe in certain faiths calling unbelievers (whether atheists or simply unbelievers of their specific religion) the derogatory names as mentioned in this thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

thanks for telling me this my memory is short--its been more than 40 years since i though that way?-----that the athiests that are here are not really atheists--but are not being totally honest in saying what they believe ?------so i think you are saying that they would feel less guilty about denying Messiah if we that believe can be made to look stupid--perhaps?i hope no one thinks i'm a genius cause it aint so--------everyman/woman is responsible for their own salvation no one else can save from death other than Messiah and each individuals walk with Him-----all have their own part to do in saving themselves.i think i see in part why G-D is going to allow our people to suffer the tribulation-----if thats whats required to help make our people repent of their sins.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Interesting that we have already the bashing starting in this thread.

One more point for me.

And then people gets so angry when they feel that their religious and faithful believes are under attack.

Just like many other threads this one will fall under the bashing oblivion.

Sad actually, when people can no find common ground to discuss topics and feel that they are targeted personally by an OP.

Then again the thread tittle is Religious extremist taking over ATS.

I will say perhaps we are erroneously feeding the trolls.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
I recommend that all religious radicals be redirected to Internet Infidels for rabid discussion. It's a far more appropriate venue for this sort of intercourse. I don't see ATS as a religious forum and it shouldn't be made into one.

PS: Gettin' tired of the generalizations about atheists/agnostics.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by PrplHrt]

CUTE.

1. tire of generalizations about atheists/agnostics but it's great and fine to generalize that virtually all Christians are religious radicals and boring.

Sheesh.

2. Atheists and agnostics are not expected to shed their world view, their perspective, who they are when they post on any topic.

3. Yet you seem to have the audacity to expect Christians to do so.

4. Cute double standard. I bet you are one to stand up first and scream the loudest when you perceive that a Christian is operating with a double standard.

Cute. Very cute.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by yahn goodey

I grew tired of arguing with the delusional types years ago.

It's soooooooooooooooo fascinating to me . . .

Religious folks are automatically equated as delusional types.

Especially fundamentalist Christians are supposedly super delusional types.

Such a perspective is foisted on us Christians hereon rather routinely, chronically, virtually as a law or rule hereon.

Yet if a Christian even comes close to hinting that an atheist or Muslim or agnostic might be delusional then they will be warned or banned fairly easily, if not routinely.

Interesting double standard.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

May I point out that it is Christianity in the US that people feel is oppressively emphasized? Americans are not bombarded with Muslim or Buddhist or Wiccan ideals, but Christian ideals are espoused virtually everywhere you turn.

As I see it, if Christianity in the US was less "in your face" people might not be so hostile towards it.

1 7 7 6

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Interesting that we have already the bashing starting in this thread.

Hon, the bashing started with the original post in this thread. Let's say I started this thread but used the term atheists in place of Christians. It would go something like this:

Atheist Extremists Taking Over ATS?

Why are we letting people with extremist atheist views hijack ATS?

How many times do we have to deal with interesting threads being ruined by deluded atheist wackos trying to use any excuse imaginable to try and ram their disbelief down our throats?

We all know too well that 99.9% of the time, the thread has little if anything to do with atheism...

...Do we really need a 'Conspiracies In Religion' forum, if all it's ever used for is as a soapbox for extremists views by crazed atheists??

The point is, you can't say the original poster was being the epitome of tolerance and even mindedness. I have yet to see those targeted and generalized by this thread using the same terminology the O.P. used.

[edit on 12/17/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by dbates

i'm sorry.. but could you direct me to the fundamentalists?
actually, could you point out how one could be an atheist fundamentalist?

In my dissertation research, I contacted M Ohare and received a copy of the main USA Atheist publication. I forget what it was called.

I was SHOCKED, UTTERLY SHOCKED.

Changing only a few key phrases here and there . . . would have rendered the whole publication a Pentecostal sounding publication.

There INDEED ARE ATHEIST FUNDAMENTALISTS and they seem to have collected en masse on ATS with great vigor and hostility toward authentic evangelical Christians.

I ascribe it most of the time, to REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDERed childhoods reared by harsh brutal parents pretending to be Christians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join