It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Past-life Memory.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I'm glad you like my signature. I thought it matched my avatar perfectly. And I found the signature pretty much right after I made the avatar, so I was very pleased. lol

Also, thanks for not considering my question to be silly. I had a feeling you wouldn't say something like that anyway. I believe you have a very open mind.

I'm curious though... what does someone meditate on in order to trigger thoughts or images of their past life? Would you just focus on that very thing? Or try to relax and think of nothing?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Hey, there EagleTalonZ,

If you have some experience with meditation I would suggest that you clear your mind and think of nothing.

If you have difficulty with that try to visualize a colour (whatever colour pops into your head when you think the word 'colour').

All you have to do is watch the colour (with your minds eye - your seeing eyes should of course be closed to avoid outside stimulation/influence).

After a few minutes watching the colour ... start to visualize the colour starting to undulate as if it were coloured mist.

Next you should try to visualize this coloured mist gradually thinning and beginning to disperse ... to the point where you can make out shapes beginning to form on the other side of the mist.

As the last few wisps of mist evaporate you find yourself looking at the scene in front of you.

Note the details - are you inside/outside ... is it an open space or built-up ...

Ask yourself what country this place is that you are viewing

If the name of a country comes into your head ... follow this up by asking what the year is.

(don't be disappointed if you don't get a response ... and don't force it)

Next step back in your minds eye and see the same mist as before beginning to float back in ... slowly until it blocks out the image and objects that you'd just been observing.

Finally, make yourself aware of your physical surroundings ... the chair you're sitting on ... the room you're in ... open your eyes.

Now this is not a method I use during sessions ... but it might just give you a brief glimpse of something ... and it's a simple unthreatening exercise that's safe to do on your own if you are a beginner.

It's also a good way to start using your minds eye. If you found this difficult just keep trying the exercise over several days, until you master it.

When you do then you'll be ready for the next step.

Woody

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Wow thanks!!
I have been looking for a direction in this for awhile. I'm really excited to do this. It sounds like something so simple, I would have probably overlooked anything I might have seen in my mind if I had come across it by accident. You're awesome. I really appreciate everything you're doing for me. Life has so much more meaning to me now that I'm not isolated in religious ideologies. I feel like I am getting lighter and lighter and if I maintain my current path, I could begin to float away very soon. lol It's awesome though. Thank you so much!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Hey there,

Ok, I assume you're joking about the 'floating away' ... but just in case visualize this;

Me standing in front of you ... wagging an accusing finger in your face ... and reminding you of what I said the other day, about the importance of keeping at least one foot on the ground at ALL times.

Seriously, I know how it is when you first find the pathway that fits you like a designer suit ... and you feel that true connection. But the minute you start the 'floating thing', the edges between a 'different reality' and 'fantasy' get very blurred. When this happens you can't distinguish between the two and lose your momentum.

(er hum! Finger wagging over).

Almost forgot, I just emailed you with some image variations on the yin-yang theme (and other 'balance' symbols), for tattoo ideas.

Woody.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can't really say that I know much about this past life thing. Or, even if I believe it. I always have crazy dreams though.

I'm usually a soldier in what seems to be a battle in world war 2. It's on a huge snowy hill with fortified trenches up and down. I'm on the top of the hill and I have to run to the bottom. I'm with my comrades in arms and i'm the first in line to take the run. I run all the way down the hill and dive into a trench. Then it flashes into a view as if i'm watching this happen from above. I can see the man I feel like I am taking cover and yelling for his buddies to do the same. Then I wake up.

I have always been fascinated with the military since I was six years old. I used to play army guys with little toys and make up war plans. Now i'm enlisted in the Marines. Maybe I was a warrior in my past life also.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I read your OP and have to reply...

I haven't been lucky enough to remember an entire life, but there are certain things that I have memories of... one I remember well is walking along a road looking up at a mountain and thinking how beautiful it was with all the trees and flowers and such. The mountain was tall and pointy, and VERY large. Everything seemed so tranquil, and I felt like I was blessed with knowlege as if I were in an educational area, or headed to an educational epicenter to the north. I got the distinct feeling of the mountain being Vesuvius, and I remember looking the other way and able to see the tops of buildings poking up over a short plain that dropped off towards the sea. I think it was Pompeii, because I remember that I had to travel around to the north side of the mountain to get to my destination, which was about a months walk.

I know this was a past life regression because I could see everything clearly and the emotions were so real. I've spontaneously picked up "ghosts" of past happenings, such as walking into a decrepit cabin and seeing a family eating dinner by lantern light, but it was as if I were an outsider looking in.

I've had other past life spontaneous regressions, all in small pieces as well. One I know was being on a viking ship, also standing in a big field in front of a 'fortress' and remember how grand it was... to each side (quite a ways off) were 2 other fortresses of other kings. We had united somewhat to fend off an enemy. All the fortresses were logs standing uprighttied together at the top by rope and buried in the ground at the bottom. I REALLY remember looking at it and imagining how imposing it would be to (whoever the enemy was).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Hey there, and let me begin by saying welcome to ATS ... I'm honoured that this is one of the first threads you've posted on (thank-you).

Your 'dream' sounds pretty detailed and the fact that you've had military-orientated interests since early childhood (pre 7-9yrs old), I'd say that there's a higher than average chance that they are 'flashes' from one of your pastlives.

Of course without physically regressng you I am only drawing on my personal experience and that of my clients. I'd be interested to know if the dreams began before or after you became a Marine ?
(if they began after they are likely to be a result of 'symbollic psychology ... where your subconscious mind is playing out a deep-rooted anxiety that's acting as a release valve).

However, I'm inclined to go with it being 'PLR', because of one comment you made in your post;

' used to play army guys with little toys' ... (many boys do)
... 'an make-up 'war plans' (most 6yr olds would probably focus on the glory of the 'kill & win' principle).

So, if you were working-out war plans ad using stratagies, then this could be a result of instinct that was provoked by subliminal pastlife memories.

The fact that you've returned to the military in your present lifetime gives some emphasis to your dreams ... as in, you are replaying that scene beause there is something important to be learned from this past that will provide help/advise in your present. Also that lifetime was likely the last you had before this one and the memories/characteristics (being so close to the surface), can seep into your conscious-mind and influence your choices in this lifetime.

If you haven't already done so, click the link in my signature at the bottom of this post and check-out my website. There are articles and case-histories that cover this point in more detail and might help you to understand what it means.

Woody.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Hey there ... very pleased to meet a fellow 'spontaneous recaller'... do you feel as enriched and lucky as I do ?

'Spontaneous Pastlife Recall' certainly seems to be happening more frequently these days. I have a 'pet-theory' that it's all to do with our 'shadow DNA' evolving ... and little flickers of activation bring these memories to the surface from time to time.

I think the same reason is responsible for more people actively seeking out Pastlife Reession Therapy ... people are looking for a deeper understanding of who they are ... and what it's all about etc !

Have you ever researched any details about Pompeii or Vesuvius (pre-eruption) ?

Or looked for images of Versuvius to see if there are signs of the buildings you recalled ?

Do you know what your destination was ? (when you travelled around the north side of the mountain).

I totally agree, the sensory perceptions are the best indicator to determine the difference between 'memory' and 'imagination' ... it's a real buzz isn't it ?

('sponaneously picked-up 'ghosts' of past happenings') ... another thing I love ... it gives you a much richer perspective and outlook on life in general. It certainly makes you realize how irrelevant the concept of 'time' is ... Einstein was right ... 'it's all relative' !

As I said in my reply to 'USMC-oorah' check-out the articles case-histories about PLR on my website by clicking on the link below.

Woody

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I've read through this thread and it actually makes alot of sense.

I have myself experienced something similar, I just feel so strangely attracted to things from the former Soviet Union. All the propaganda posters, the russian language, the flag, everything. It's almost like i've experienced it before.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Railok

Hey there Railok,
Thanks for your words ... you have some stamina if you've read all 13 pages.

I'm glad it touched a chord with you ... if you have any questions about the things you've read I'm happy to answer.

I'd also like to hear what is it about the USSR that draws you in particular ?

Woody

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
To be honest, the first reaction must have been the language. And in the context actually from a russian victory song from 1945. It felt like I could understand every word of it while, of course, I don't. I'm actually a Chilean immigrant living in Sweden so I don't really speak a language that is close to Russian at all.

Let me see if I can find the song somewhere, I don't think it should be so hard to find on Youtube or something.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I rememeber playing guns with my friends as a child and getting frustrated how they would all run into "the battlefield." I would explain to them over and over again on where to take cover and where good firing positions would be. It always ended up with me giving up and just watching them in frustration. I would design entire in depth battlefields with green and light green plastic army men. My mom always says "I knew since you were in kindergarten you'd be in the military." I can't recall as well as she can, but I would talk about it constantly even to teachers and freinds. I've always had dreams about warfare. They started out as a soldier in a plane looking at all the other soldiers. It is dark and everyone has camoflauge face masking on. I would say they started around twelve years old, or maybe ten. Then the dream I explained before started around fourteen. I had a dream the other night that I was a man standing in a wrecked neighborhood. I had the feeling that their was chaos and violence all around me. I'm looking into the sky trying to find the airplaines I can hear. Unfortunatly that's all I can recall.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Honestly, I've never really reserched any of it. The funny part is that I've seen paintings and pictures of what Vesuvius was supposed to look like before the eruption, and most I see look familiar, like I'm looking at a postcard from family. I remember it being tall and pointy, almost pyramid-like. I could actually paint a picture of looking out to the ocean.

My destination was vaguely clear (I know, doesn't make much sense, lol). I know I was headed to some educational epicenter to the north. That was most of my excitement and feeling. I somewhat think I was leaving one education at home to persue even farther education from a city in the north. I was excited because there were supposed to be many interesting items on display, including mechanical devices and calculators. The center was basically a college where every person from every nation gathered together for one cause, trading knowledge. I know this place is real, because I've seen stuff on the History channel about it. The time period would have been somewhere around greek times.

The thing about ghosts I love is when you walk into an old theater and sit down and all of a sudden it's like you are transported back 100 years and seeing a play by some travelling group, and everyone is laughing and having a good time. Really makes you feel like you are more of an active participant on earth rather than JUST an observer (ironically, that's all I'm really doing doing is observing, lol).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Hi there,
I've jut been doing a little research about the things you've mentioned and come up with a couple of links for you to takea look at if you'd like to;

www.answers.com...

www.resuvioinrete.it...

en.wikipedia.org...

( hope these links work ok)

I've also found a couple of maps that I'll download tomorrow for you ... looking at them with reference to your northern destination and the 'educational epicentre' ... Naples is north of Vesuvius (the coast side) could be a possible location ... but you might feel somthing different when you look at the maps.

Hope you find this an interesting bit of fun ... let me know ifanything feels familiar.

Woody

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Railok

I see you joined my website ... hope you like it !
The Russian stuff is fascinating ... it's no really the kind of thing you jst pluck out of thin air, paticularly if you have no physical links in this lifetime.
Hope you manage to find the song and post a link.

Woody

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Hi USAMC-oorah,
The more you reveal, the more it sounds like memories you brought through to this lifetime with you.

As I said in my other post - I'm inclined to think it was your last lifetime before this one.

I can just imagine your little friends thinking 'jeez, it's only a game' ... and you getting all moody because they weren't doing it right.

(soldier in a plane); In one of my early posts on the thread I mentioned a 'snap-shot' image that I have of a pastlife, where I was in a wwii fighter plane. I could see myself very clearly ... I got shot down and remember feeling the sensatin of the plane spiralling towards the ground and knowing that I was about to die any second ... then nothing. Thats it ... don't recall anything else about it.

The other PL 'snapshot' I have is as a Mongolian Warlord ... I see myself as a large man dressed in furs and hide ... charging across a flat expanse of land on horseback at speed, with other men behind me. I know I was a very powerful man in that lifetime but have never recalled any other details like name or who we were going to fight etc.

All very interesting though. Woody

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I think it's pretty much seeing the footage and the song together that makes it, I do have a feeling that the song could be a newer recording of an old song but the words are still there.

By the way, I love the site!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Railok

Hi Railok,
The youtube link isn't working ... I've never embedded one on ATS so I can't help.

If anyone else here can help 'Railok' get the video onto the thread that would be great.

(thank-you for your comment about the website, pleased you like it).

Woody

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by S.O.U.P.
reply to post by darcon

Honestly, what do you think these dreams are?

...a past life, a look into parallel dimensions?

I'm just curious tbh.

It could be both and more.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here's a direct hyperlink to the youtube video.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join