It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Past-life Memory.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Hello there, long time no type. Hope you had a happy and peaceful holiday.

Unfortunately the webcam regression never happened so still haven't put it to the test yet.

Good to hear from you. Woody

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Back in late summer, I had a dream where some disembodied voice *told* me I had been a particular person in my past life, and showed me a picture, and tried to make me see memories of it. She was a particular person I had never heard of. The memories didn't feel like they came from inside me, they felt like the disembodied voice was trying to force them on me.

Afterwards, I did some research to find out whether that particular person ever existed. And yes, she did have a very minor place in the history books. But reading about her, I consider her fairly evil, no one I would ever wish to have been.

I don't want to believe that I had been her in a past life. It would be a blow to my self-esteem as a generally good person. But still, the dream told me factually true things that I had not personally known. I've never been too interested in history.

So my question to everyone is, at what point should factually true but previously personally unknown things in dreams be a basis for believing what that dream tells you? If it's just a dream then how did it tell me something I didn't already know?

Last night, I had a dream where I was a child again, about 12 years old or so. But the dream was very particular to tell me that the date was Saturday January 15 2028. In the dream I/she/the child was having very unhappy nightmares about a past life and death and rebirth, with that past life being me in my present-day real life.

Today, I set the clock on my computer ahead to see what day of the week 1/15/2028 will be. It will be a saturday. Now I'm starting to fear. If it's true, I have less than 7 years to live, in order to be 12 in the year 2028. But should I believe the dream just because it told me something true?

(Sorry for wanting to say this as anonymous)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
interesting thread.
i dont remember my past life (if i had) pherhaps im a new soul. but i have many of these "deja vu's" does deja vu mean that you know what's coming next ,or what exactly will someone tell you even the tone of the voice? if yes then i have many of these from 2006- 2010 and still having deja vu's

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kostas2012

Hey there kostas2012, 'deja vu' is when you have the sense that you have been or done the exact same thing before.

Ocassionally it can be a brief flashback from a pastlife ... more often it is your break acknowledging something but failing to pass the message of for a split second ... so you have the feeling that you have done it before.

The human mind is a magickal machine.

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Great thread woody

Though I can't recall any experience like this I have had a weird fascination with the medievil period since as far back as I remember, when I was a kid i'd watch things like this and it always gave me a strange warm comfortable feeling, and still does by the way

When I was 11 I went on a trip to lindisfarne/holy island and I swear to this day I felt like I was 'home' and i've never felt as at peace in my life as when I stood gazing at the castle and then again sat in the church!

I know I was only 11, but I swear to you I know what I felt!

I promised myself i'd go back for a trip one day, but so far have'nt, think i'm kinda worried that i'll break the spell and it was maybe an overactive imagination at the time if i'm honest! but sure as hell was powerfull!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
When I was a very little boy, I used to believe that I lived in a house on a hill that - if you looked out through the trees that rose up from the slope that dropped at the end of yard on the right side of our house - overlooked a large ocean harbor that sat out there at least (if I think about it now) ten miles away.

I could hear the boat whistles blow (deep blasts that I've since learned were tugboats on the Mohawk River that ran nearby in the narrow valley that our house sat on the edge of) and could see the sunlight sparkle off the water miles away in the morning. This makes me think that I was looking east to the harbor, which would put it on the east coast, and with the steep rises to the left of the harbor, I've decided that the north Atlantic is the best bet for where I believed my home to be.

I never said anything about it to anyone (I had three brothers and my mom) because I naturally assumed that everyone saw what I saw. We moved when I was 5 yrs old, and I guess I let that daily experience fade into where all other childhood day-to-day things go as they are replaced with new day-to-day environmental facts of life.

It was when I was almost 40 and I was showing this place to a new girlfriend (one that was interested in my personal history) that this memory came back to me. I was floored. As I stood in that yard and looked out toward that open vista - the one that should have spread out before me as an enormous harbor with sunlight sparkling on waves ten miles out there, and maybe even a large ship or two being addressed by working harbor crews - what I actually saw was the other side of the narrow valley. A wall of trees across the two or three miles carved out by the Mohawk River as it rips its way through Little Falls NY, and heads on out to Albany.

No harbor. No sunlight on choppy water. The tugboats (at the time) would've provided the ship horns and such, but other than that, the entire view could never have actually existed.

Now, this is the weird part. When I was that little boy, it was the last bit of the 1950's, and our home did not have a television set. We were extremely destitute at the time, as my father had left my mom and us, so I would not have ever seen a movie or any kind of motion picture. I was 3 and 4 yrs old at this time, and never left the small dead end street, and I was nearly blind with extreme nearsightedness - which I didn't realize, of course, since I didn't have anyone to alert me to that fact until I started going to public school.

So, how did I know that the sunlight dances off water in the morning? The Mohawk River was well hidden by trees and a large factory across the street at the bottom of the sloped drop that still sits there today. That slope faces south, besides, and not east, so where was my morning sun coming from? I could not have ever imagined what I didn't know to exist, and something as specific as ocean-going vessels being towed in a busy harbor located about ten miles out to the east as the sun makes the water sparkle in the morning is an extremely specific imaginary scene to have as an accepted daily environment for a kid who was living in a narrow valley in Upstate NY during the late 50's.

To me, the only explanation is a residual experience of day-to-day life that rested in my eyes until I was given my first pair of glasses so that I could have something to look at and dream about as a child. Other than that, I don't have any explanation.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Hey there valiant,

What you are describing is what I tried to explain at the beginning of this thread ... it is that base difference between 'imagination' and 'memory'.

I had this same feeling when I went down to Cornwall on my first research trip. It's a sensation that can only truly be understood by someone who has had the same kind of experience ... an experience that stays fresh in your mind forever in all of your senses.

Blows you away doesn't it ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hey there NorEaster,

It's very interesting that you say you have these memories from childhood because most children, up to the age of 5yrs old (7yrs old if they are very lucky), will respond in a very nonchalent way if you ask them who they were or where they lived before they were whoever/wherever they are now.

The best time to put this to the test is when the child is busy with something eg; playing or getting ready for bed (when their mind is otherwise occupied) ... of course this doesn't work with every child ... but it does work more often than you might imagine ... I have found that children between 3-4 yrs old tend respond best. The secret is not to make a big deal out of it.

When I was reading your account and came to the part where you took your girlfriend to your old home and the vista was not as you'd expected, I felt a twinge of sadness for you ... I imagine you felt bereft for a while ... pastlife memories really can have such a strong impact on your emotions can't they ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So, does anybody know any "technique" for past life regression? Can it be done by astral projecting?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kostas2012

Well, er hum ... I'm a Pastlife Regression Therapist and I developed a technique that does not use hypnosis (for 2 reasons);

1/ It means there is no chance of me inadvertently, subliminally planting 'false memory' ... when I am asking the client questions.

2/ Without hypnosis the client is deeply relaxed but aware at all times and has an experience as close to 'spontaneous' pastlife recall as is possible.

However, many people have accessed glimpses of their pastlives via meditation / AP / OBE / even dreams.

If you have time to read through the whole thread, you'll see quite a few of the posters relate how they discovered their own pastlife memories.

Woody

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Well , i dont know if it lived that life but it came out of my mind (when thinking) i was a Spartan or something of a Greek Race...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is a brilliant thread. S & F.

I am interested in your spontaneous past life memory recall technique without hypnosis. To be honest I don't see how that could work, because doesn't access to very deep memories require you to be in a very deep trance state?

I wanted to ask you a question. Recently, I saw a television program on past life regression, where the therapist takes the subject into a very deep trance state over 50 min. All of her subject so far have been able to recall their past lives, some which are apparently verified by the research team later on. It looks very real. Anyhow, I have noticed her use certain techniques which seem like obvious suggestion to me. She says things like

"There is a board there, read the board and tell me the date on it"
" There is a newspaper there, read the newspaper and tell me what it says"
"There are people there, tell me who those people are"

As you may have guessed the subjects do indeed answer the questions and give positive information. I wanted to ask you, this is an obvious suggestion technique, but the subjects are reporting information back with the same flunecy as they are reporting other memories. How credible could this information be? Is this a valid technique?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Hey there Indigo_Child,

My technique is similar to the hypnosis method ... simply by th fact that my clients are very deeply relaxed but just short of bing in a hypnotic state. The slim but important difference is that;

1/ HYPNOTIC STATE = Client is unaware of the responses they give and has to listen to the session via a recording or from the therapists notes. Subliminal suggestion via a badly worded question can ruin the reality of the result. A high possibility of this during hypnosis.

2/ DEEP RELAXATION STATE = Client is relaxed enough for the conscious mind to wander and allow the sub & unconscious mind to step forward with the more deeply buried memories that linger in our psyche.

The benefit of the latter method means that because the conscious mind's faculties are still present but like an idling engine ... as opposed to a sentry guard on duty ... the client actually remains aware of the things they are relating throughout the session.

The main rule to this method lies in the fact that clients must reply with their first unedited thought response to my questions ... rather than allowing the conscious mind to take charge again and edit the answer to fit the current life.

It sound complicated but in practice it's very natural and straightforward.

Over the years I have regressed several hundred people and out of those I have only had 2 clients who could not recall any PLM's ... the conclusions both they and I came to is that this may well be their first lifetimes ... and they have no pastlife memories to recall.

I have even had a couple of clients telling me about the 'between times' which is absolutely fascinating ... but of course impossible to verify.

The program you mentioned ... yes the method is acceptible ... but again with hypnosis the way a question is worded can easily lead to subliminal suggestion.

I usually begin my questions by asking the client to look at their hands and tell me what they look like and what colour the skin is.

By this question alone we discover what sex (male/female) they were and what enthnicity they are.

Next I will ask them to look down at their feet and tell me what they see.

With this question we discover if they are barefoot or if they are wearing something on their feet which will again lead us to discover possible era/location etc.

But you will notice these are not leading questions.

If I'd asked the client to look at their hands and tell me if they were the hands of a man or a woman ... they would likely have said 'a woman' because it was the last suggestion I mentioned.

Likewise if I'd asked them to tell me if they were barefoot / wearing sandles / or boots etc ... chances are they would have said boots for the very same reason.

It's all in the way the questions are worded as to whether the client provides real memory (that can hopefully be authenticated) ... or fantasy memories using information their mind had filed from books/films etc.

Woody

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's very interesting. I've tried past life regressions and they've yet to work, but I'm still optimistic. That must have been a frightening time during the memory, life is full of mystery and I'm glad to be reminded of it. A random factoid, Pythagoras, of pythagorean fame lol, was thought to be able to remember four distinct past lives.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tantalus

Hey there Tantalus (love your avatar btw), pleased you found the thread interesting ... I'm really pleased it's come back to life again ... I really enjoy answering everyones questions.

I wouldn't say it was a frightening time in the general way ... but I did genuinely think I was losing it for a short while (just could't think of any other possible explanation). As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I had experienced a lot of 'life trauma' in the lead-up to the memories ... so it would have been a logical assumption.

But in the long run (and once it began to fall into place) the experience actually saved my life ... I truly believe that.

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey, it's been a REALLY long time since I've talked to you. But believe it or not, you have certainly made an impact in my life. I think often of what you have said in this thread, and in our messages back and forth.

I have to ask a question, and I don't mean to derail your thread. Hope it doesn't come off like that.

I know I have lived before. I can feel it. And many times at that. But, and maybe this is due to the hype of the world ending, but I don't feel like I will live again after this life. I've talked to several people who feel the same way. Like this is it...

Do you have any thoughts on that?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

OMG How great to hear from you, and thank you for saying such a lovely thing ... if I truly helped you in some small way I have to say 'it was my absolute pleasure'.

And I think your question is extremely relevant to this subject because I too have that sense that this is my last time and I have a little theory ...

I have personally recalled (spontaneously) 4 pastlives in considerable detail (Cornish Wisewoman / Egyptian Priestess / North American Medicine Woman / and Edwardian Archaeology Enthusiast).

I also have a couple of 'snapshot' memories of two other lifetimes. What I mean by that is ... I have two 'still' images in my mind of two other lifetimes but no details other than what was happening at the time of the snapshot (Mongolian Warlord / British Fighter Pilot - WW2).

A few years ago when I was researching the memories of the Cornish lifetime it hit me ... I believe the reason for me recalling all my pastlives during this current lifetime is because I won't be coming back ... it's a kind of summery / review if you will.

However, I don't believe this is because the world is going to end (as in destroyed) ... only in the sense of how we understand it from our current perspective.

I tend to think that I will return in spirit not flesh ... as a guide to help others ... and I think this is true of all of us with this sense of this being our 'last' time.

We are moving to the next level because there are going to be dramatic changes to the planet and her occupants ... for some reason we are going to guide some of them through these changes.

... But I guess we'll just have to wait and see before we can be sure ... it would be a logical explanation though ... exciting times !!!

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

It relieves me more than you know to know that you do have that same sense. I also don't believe the world is going to get destroyed, despite the MANY threads on ATS and the internet about it. lol I'm with you, in that I believe it's going to change dramatically. Be it 2012 or anytime. I just can't shake the feeling.

I still have never recalled, to my knowledge, any previous lives. But I can sense their presence deep within me. I do certain things in this life and I almost feel the disapproval of another soul within me. Not like my angel and devil on both shoulders type thing. It's much much deeper. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I saw you post on a thread where a person was looking into past life regression therapy. I was going to list your thread, but you replied.

I have a question for you though. I want so badly to connect to these "deeper" things within me. But I have an incredibly hard time getting away from the overwhelming pressures of society. I date a girl who doesn't seem to see the underlying picture. With all of the weight of this world, how are you able to find true peace of mind and do what you do?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

'How do I do what I do'.

Well, you've known me for a long time on here (even though this is the first time we've been in contact for ages) ... and you will likely have seen some of my older posts were I have shared a few personal things that I have experienced in this lifetime ... I always say if I wrote a book about my life, people would think it was fiction.

In short I have had more than my fair share of 'life-trauma'. However, I have been lucky enough to seek and find the positive in these bad times ... and as a reward this has made me incredibly strong of spirit.

Of course when you are in the midst of a bad situation you feel like anyone would (it's sh@t) ... but you must constantly remind yourself that it will not last forever (even if you don't believe it at the time) ... logically you know this is true because nothing stays the same forever ! Sometimes we just have to say it like a mantra in our minds.

Then the situation disipates or goes away completely and we realize what we told ourselves was true and we begin to notice changes within ourselves and strengths we have gained.

Naturally this is more difficult if there are several bad/negative things going on at the same time (as is usually the way of things) but the same rules apply.

And always 'KNOW' that there are and always will be people far worse off than you have ever been ... or could ever imagine. And this little gem is the truest thing you will ever hear my friend.

So next time everything is on it's arse and you feel like the world is against you (this applies to everyone who reads it) ...remember 'Aunty Woodwytch's Words of Wisdom' and smile.
Try it ... I dare you.

Woody

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join