It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Past-life Memory.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have experienced the phenomena known as 'deja vu', at least once in your life. But this is not necessarily a fleeting glimpse of a past-life. For the majority past-life recall is only accessible via Regression Therapy. Not quite as common is 'spontaneous' past-life recall, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have experienced this three times (to date), in full and graphic detail.

It has to be said that these were experieces that changed my life (this time around), by helping me to understand why I respond/react to people/places/situations, the way that I do. In short my memories have made me more complete. These past-life recollections took the form of what I can only describe as 'film trailers' being played on my mental TV screen.

The first experience was triggered quite spontaneously following the arrival of an anonymous gift (an oil-burner, that to this day I have no idea who it was sent by)! I don't pretend to understand how/why it triggered the memories ... only that it did.

The flashbacks that the oil-burner induced took me back to a lifetime I'd had in North Cornwall, during the 17th century. My name was Hilley Tregasky and I'd been born on the 1st May 1623. I lived in a tiny cottage at Millcombe ... a wooded glen between Tintagel and Boscastle.

Both my parents were healers ... my mother Evie was a herbalist and my father Daniel charmed livestock. Being raised by hedgewytches meant that (I) Hilley also had natural healing abilities. At first it was a lifetime that appeared to be simplicity personified.

Even after the untimely death of both parents when (I) Hilley was 13yrs old, it still looked to be potentially idyllic after falling in love and becoming pregnant to Peter Edmunds, the man she planned to marry (handfast). But as we all know ... no life is ever perfect.

A conspiracy was contrived without the knowledge of Hilley and Peter ... by his own father (a man who held high office within the village), because he did not approve of his only son marrying a Pagan. Still in her 18th year and 7mths pregnant, Hilley was arrested and brutaly tortured. On the 16th August 1641, she was killed.

Obviously this is only a very sketchy outline of the events that took place in my other lifetime. In reality the memories were so vivid ... graphic and complete, that I decided to write a book (The Cornish Burning), about the whole experience. Even so, I know there will be many people who are sceptical about my claims. But let me tell you ... no-one was more sceptical than me !

I never take anything of this nature at face value. Quite often there is a logical explanation for even some of the most convincing supernatural events. With that thought in mind I decided that if my memories where real and not just vast figment of my imagination, then surely I should be able to find authenticating evidence that these people/places/events, had actually existed.

Two trips to Cornwall later I had found the exact location of Hilley's cottage ... the church where she had been held and tortured after her arrest (stood away from the village street, on the edge of the clifftops) ... just has I'd remembered it. But the most shocking discovery came as I walked along the track from the church, across the Trecarne Lands and found a circular patch of bare ground, in the exact spot where Hilley had been burnt at the stake (something that rarely happened in England at this time, although it was still the preferred method of killing witches in France).

For most people that would have been enough evidence ... but I wanted name confirmation before I would be fully convinced that I'd really recalled a past-life. So I contacted Truro County Library, who kindly forwarded a copy of the 'Cornish Protestation Records - 1641' (the only remaining copy of it's kind), to my local library. With the help of this volume I was able to confirm more than half a dozen names of people I'd recalled. Since then I've done more research and managed to confirm several more from seperate sources.

And yes, there will still be those who say, 'how do we know you didn't do the research before you wrote the book'.

And my answer is of course, 'I can't prove that'.

But even if no-one else believes me it doesn't matter ... because it convinced me that my memories were real ... and at the end of the day that's all that matters. At least I knew I wasn't going crazy.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else has recalled past-life memories 'spontaneously' and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about my account or anything else to do with PLR.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm interested in past lives but don't have a memory of any, (I don't think). Occasionally when I very relaxed and on the brink of sleep I can see a crystal clear scene behind my closed eyelids and I wonder how that works? I thought it was like remote viewing but I've since found out that they see only "glows" whereas I can see in perfect detail. It's very hard to keep hold of the picture because as soon as you think "wow" it vanishes. It's like balancing on a wire. If you tip to one side you're awake and out of it and if you tip to the other you're aleep and out of it,lol.I wonder if any of the scenes are past life memories, or just long-distance viewing? The brain is a marvellous thing but where is this projector, what is the screen, and where are the films stored, and how did they get there?

[edit on 8-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was told that i was a Indian in my past life & i lived near a river.
Strange cause i live near a river now & i go Canoeing when i can

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hey wigit how are you doing ?

I know exactly what you mean about the second you go
it's gone. I had exactly the same problem with my efforts to astrally project. As soon as I felt myself starting to leave I'd do the wow thing and bump I was back in my damn body again

Ok, there are three levels of mind ... conscious ... sub-conscious ... unconscious.

1/ The films are stored in your unconscious mind (the deepest level).

2/ The projector is stored in your sub-conscious mind (the middle level).

3/ The screen is your conscious mind (the lowest level)

How do the films get there ?

The films are stored memories of everything you've ever ... seen / smelt / touched / tasted / heard, since your soul/psyche (call it what you will) came into existence.

As to your images before sleep ... they could be past-life images, but because your conscious mind goes off guard-duty just before you go to sleep, it is more likely that you become aware of your memory files (from this lifetime) being checked and sorted in the deeper levels ... same as on your computer basically. WOODY

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
just in dreams.

years ago I dreamt I was like an egyptian or ancient sumerian guard or something, standing post on a wooden bridge over water, at night time. It felt like me, but different, I felt pretty ingorant for one...as I was able to kind of also view it as a spectator with my current self. I don't recall any details like a name or anything but the guy deffinately felt like it was me.

It was a cool experience to wake up from.

Another time I dreamt I was a woman, and I thought that was very strange. Eye-opening even. I was talking to some guy and I had no idea I was a woman until I looked down and saw I was one. I seemed to like the guy. I assume it could have been a husband or something. Not many other details about that except I was wearing a green dress or something, and it was night time, and we were alone. And again, this person felt like me, but smarter, more modern. It could have been my most current past life and I think it was. I have a theory I was an office worker. Because I hate offices, something about them says to me "been there done that"

And another dream I think I saw into the future. I just remember being really amazed with how wise and caring I was. I felt like I knew everything. I was some guy with white hair, it looked like I was in space on some stone patio or something. I just remember it again felt like me but I knew EVERYTHING it seemed. 2 guys ran at me and I made them go away with flashes of light. They were just...gone. And then I walked over to some woman who I'm pretty sure I was intamately involved with.

I dont know if this is at all real. But it sure as hell felt really DAMN real. And I'm only recently beginning to think it is really real because I've had several dreams of this life that I have watched come true, within this year alone. I also saw my wife, my son and a whole bunch of other stuff

Alright I gotta wrap this up. But thats my experience. I dont know if it's real.. but I've watched some dreams happen. I gotta go. Nice story!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sth Hemisphere

Hi Sth Hemisphere,

One of my pet peeves is when I hear people say they were 'told' who they were in a past-life. I've been a regression therapist for more than ten years now and there have been numerous occasions when I've caught a glimpse of someones past-life (both at work and socially), but I think it's very unethical to tell that person the details for many reasons, two of which include;

1/ Only one person holds the true memories of a past-life ... and that is the person that experienced them (even if they are consciously unaware of them).

2/ If someone else picks up the details of your past-life psychically and divulges the information to you ... you will not gain the benefits of the memories because you have not had the experience of recalling them from your own unconscious mind. The only value of this method is the equivalent of reading a good book.

And of course in the majority of these cases an unscrupulous individual is earning money for making stuff up
The reason this makes me so angry is because this throws a bad light on the genuine therapists.

However, you could quite possibly have had a lifetime as a North American Indian. I noticed some time ago that a lot of my clients recall lifetimes as NAI's or Egyptians. This made me wonder if all souls have to experience one or the other ... or both during their development. After all, both of these ancient races hold much wisdom. Woody

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Hey there CavemanDD,

That's a really interesting post and I think there's every chance those dreams were past-life snap-shots, just from the way you explain them.

I found the last one particularly interesting. You said you thought it was a future lifetime ... why do you think that ... is there any specific reason ?

I'll tell you why I ask when you've replied. Woody

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I personally haven't really had any sort of lucid experience, but something tells me that I was a Byzantine general at one point, killed by a Turkish mounted archer. Whenever I try to think about it, I get a pain in the left side of my chest, where the arrow might have hit.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti_

Hi Anti,

How did you come by this idea ... you have country ... military rank etc. Did you dream it or is there some other reason you have this thought. I'd be really interested to hear. Woody

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hi Woodywytch,

Ready for your daily laugh? Anyway, I don't know if I have ever had a past life just pronounce itself out of the blue to me.....but, about a year ago, I woke myself up saying the oddest thing out loud.

Mesopotamian mud brick builder! I even laughed, as I was saying it, like I was giving my job description to somebody!

I know nothing about Mesopotamia and I most certainly have never built mud bricks!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey there,

I'm still chuckling to myself about BigFoot on the Yorkshire moors
the more I look at that damn photograph ... the more I can see it, since you said it.
cheers for that

Anyway you 'mud-brick builder you', can you remember what you were dreaming before you woke-up ... or did you have an image in your head at all.

I'm finding it very interesting that several people who have posted so far definately sound as if they've dreamt about what could potentially be PLM. It just shows how accessible the unconscious mind is when the conscious mind switches off during sleep. Woody

[edit on 8-12-2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Glad you got a kick outa bigfoot!

As to what I was dreaming......I remember something about drawing cuneoform symbols into wet clay. I don't remember it being bricks though, as I must have forgotten part of the dream. I suppose I ought to keep a note pad next to the bed to write some of my dreams down.

I really enjoyed reading of your past life. To find out she was an actual person must have been amazing for you.

I was also wondering this, then. I have heard people can carry over pysical trauma to this life by way of birth marks and deformities. Do you find this to be true with any of your clients? Also is it common for people to have had past lives in many different regions of the world, or do we stick to one main continent? Do we switch sexes often, and races?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Well, it really just sort of happened. I was leafing through a medieval military history book I ordered online a while back (always been interested in that sort of thing), when I a sketch of a mounted archer and the equipment carried by them, and thought, "How much I hated them."

Then I was wondering why I thought that and that which I previously descibed came to mind. It only came as a thought though, not affecting any of the senses.

EDIT (after reading the previous post): I actually have marfan syndrome, which involves a chest deformity near the place I feel pain when I think of the event.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Anti_]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hi Caveman DD!!! Do you remember who I thought I was in a past life? Well, I've had confirmation. I was the one who told you that the walrus was Paul.

Never been a big fan of the Beatles until very very recently, when I suddenly had this strange belief that I was John Lennon... and just this past week, I decided to download the entire Beatles discography (very legally, I assure you...hmmhmm) and it feels like remeniscing... like I do when I listen to my old bands I've had in this lifetime... and then, I wrote this strange letter spontaneously yesterday at like one in the morning, saying how I miss my old life, how I miss my children, how I wish that Paul wouldn't have kept pushing me to go further and further, how I wished all I could do was play with the band one last time... and man, I just was like "WTF?" and I just got really emotional and started crying.... and then I was on myspace a little later at like 2 or 3am, and my spiritual advisor, who happens to be a huge Lennon fan... posted "RIP John Winston Lennon" and it had a bio and a bunch of pictures of his old girlfriend and mother and best friend and Stu, one of the original Beatles, and his aunt... and they all looked so familiar.... and I've never had any interest in John Lennon or the Beatles before recently, didn't know that it was the 27th anniversary of his death yesterday til I saw the bulletin... and that just got me more emotional... and not to mention a day before, I had a vivid dream about being John Lennon... but it was symbolical. I don't think it was actual events of his life. I dunno much about his life, but I guess I was him. Good for me.

Anyways... SKEPTICS... no I'm not John Lennon anymore, so please don't ask me to like, pretend like I know everything about him. I don't. And I'm not gunna pretend to. This is just for the sake of sharing past life experiences. That's mine.

As for memory glimpses, I've only had one:

The only thing I can remember about it is that the guy who shot me said he was sorry, then shot me. Yoko just stood there, and there was a man hiding behind a staircase a few blocks away with a rifle pointed at the guy, and he had mutton chops, and a very expensive looking suit on, who fled the scene immediately after the guy shot me. It was just a glimpse of about 5 seconds.

I learned from the internet a couple days ago, after I had the "vision" that the "guy's" name was Mark David Chapman, and the events surrounding him...and the whole John Lennon murder in general was suspicious.

Dunno what else to say. Sorry if you think I'm crazy. Either way, it happened... can't change it now.

Meh.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
By the way, first album I ever bought was a Magical Mystery Tour cassette.... but never listened to it.... until this week when I downloaded it ehem legally.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
Both my parents were healers ... my mother Evie was a herbalist and my father Daniel charmed livestock. Being raised by hedgewytches meant that (I) Hilley also had natural healing abilities. At first it was a lifetime that appeared to be simplicity personified.

Delusion of grandeur / attempt at a justification for having "special powers"

But it would be an excellent roleplay story!

My Father, Daniel, was a drinker and charmed the ladies. thats how i got here.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
(Reply to Anti_) ...

Normally I would say if you'd been reading about a specific historical era and felt like you may have lived during such a time, that it was not necessarily an indication that you had. But because you have a physical medical problem that represents a site of injury then it becomes more plausible.

I call these 'snap-shot' images of a past-life see this link about my own ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back when I first became a PLRT, I had a guy come to me (just out of curiosity), who was convinced he'd been a Celtic warrior in a past-life because he'd always been drawn to that history etc. But during regression he recalled an extremely detailed account of a past-life he'd had as a North American Beaver Trapper.

He was very disappointed but as I explained to him ... that did not mean he'd 'never' been a Celtic Warrior ... just not in that session, because obviously at that time in his present life, those particular memories bore no relevance ... wereas the memories he did recall held helpful advise to what was going on in his current life at that time.

Because of your physical chest problems I would say that your 'thoughts' are more likely to be a past-life snap-shot, than my client being a Celtic Warrior.

(Reply to EnthralledFan) ...

Keeping a notepad beside your bed is a brilliant idea ... you'd be surprised how many things come to the surface just prior to sleeping/waking ... not just past-life stuff but all kinds of spirit info.

(Physical Trauma); I've had several clients who have had birthmarks that corresponded to a physical trauma they had recalled during regression. This also applies to psychological traumas too.

(Regions/Races); There appears to be no restriction on either, whilst some of my clients recall lifetimes in the country they presently live ... many more recall lifetimes in other parts of the world eg;

1/ My most recent incarnation prior to this one was in Richmond, Surrey (England) ... I was called Maude Faulkner and died in the same year that I was born in this lifetime (aged 70yrs old - in a nursing home suffering with Demensia - died of natural causes). And of course my Cornish lifetime was in England.

2/ I recalled a lifetime in Egypt ... born in Heliopolis (4th dynasty) ... birth name - Khentakawes ... temple name - Themah. Death by falling (was it an accident ... no), in my 32nd year.

3/ The other lifetime that I recalled in great detail was as a NAI. Born into the Peigan Crow tribe (a deaf mute) ... brought-up by Blackfoot (long story), from the age of about 3-4 yrs old ... the Blackfoot called me 'Pasha Napi' (or something that sounded very much like that) ... died naturally of old age.

(Different Gender); Absolutely (see cavemanDD's post above). This is very common and usually quite a shock when the client first realises ... but you'd be surprised how quickly they accept it ... the further into the recall they get.

(Same People); I also believe we cross paths with the same group of souls in our different lifetimes ... who like us have different connections eg; someone who was a very big part of a previous life may only pass through your current one very briefly (and visa-versa) ... there are infinate associations.

Woody.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Hey runetang,

Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses ... as I said in my OP unless you've personally had a PLE I wouldn't ask / expect / recommend, anyone else to believe a word I've written. I think you'll also have read that I was extremely sceptical about the whole thing myself ... at the time ... so I'm a little curious as to why you felt the need to state a mute point in your post ?

The purpose of the thread is for anyone who wants to share there own experience or ask any questions about any aspect of PLR.

I'm not trying to convince or convert anyone ... I leave that kind of thing to those of other beliefs

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask
if I can't answer them, then feel free to debunk me as much as you like. Until then go steady with the accusations and subtle aggression my friend, it is totally unnecessary ... I am not trying to threaten your personal beliefs. Remember, just because you don't understand something yourself ... does not mean it doesn't exist. Woody

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey there indierockalien, that's a very compelling post.

I know precisely what you mean about the emotional aspect. When I got my first set of flashbacks, I had tears streaming down my face. I felt a total idiot because I had no idea - at that time - why these vivid and haunting images in my head had, had such a profound effect on me.

There will always be sceptics who seem to go out of there way to not believe in 'anything' (I always feel sorry for people like that because they miss so much of the good stuff ... and stunt their psychological growth). But when somebody recalls having been somebody famous in a past-life it's like dangling a steak in front of a crazed dog
But from the way you write I can tell you're not grabbing for the glory and actually come across as pretty humble about the whole thing.

Thanks for the post I'm sure many will find it intriguing. Have you tried to find out anything about the guy with the rifle who was hiding ? Woody

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

God knows I am not a "wet blanket" (or worse), but I do think I should warn you - in the highest possible spirit of friendship - about jumping to conclusions and thereby closing your mind to other explanations.

Your thoughts seem to be based on the assumption that reincarnation or "past lives" do exist.

Now, I am not saying that they positively do not exist - how could anyone assert something like that?

But, by the same token, there is no evidence that they do exist - certainly not for everyone. (Our post-life experiences, if any, may not follow the same scenario in every case.)

My personal opinion - or let's call it an intuition, it's more accurate a description - is that inexplicable "memories" (and I've had a few myself ; )) may be the result of a connection between your mind and somebody else's discarnate mind. (Incidentally, that is the possible explanation that Annie Moberly offered for her and Miss Jourdain's "journey" into what seemed 18th century Versailles, in 1901.)

Others suggest that those memories could be fed to you by your own ancestors. (Not as crazy or futile as it may sound at first sight.)

And, of course, there is always the possibility of a vivid "recollection" that is actualy based on a fantasy reworking of something overheard or observed in the earliest childhood years (think "Bridey Murphy").

I am not saying that the latter - or, indeed, any of the possible explanations listed above - necessarily applies to your case. All I am saying is that it's not wise to invest something as precious as the independent mind into a single explanation, based on the assumption of a phenomenon that might not even exist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join