It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Since it was medical waste that washed up on shore I would assume that there is a high probability that some kind of toxin might have also been dumped/lost in the ocean that could be causing these animals to get sick.

Some boat illegally dumping waste in the ocean might have caught fire and people connected a few dots and assumed a UFO crashed because they saw a light in the sky and a burning object in the ocean.

Sometimes coincidences are just coincidences, until I see some hard evidence I will remain skeptical. Anyone who automatically assumes anything they perceive as unusual to be alien related needs to take a vacation.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Here's a resource to determine the approximate depth at the impact area:

Source

Looks to be about 70 to 80 feet deep, 10 miles offshore of Normandy Beach.

As far as ocean currents go here's a resource, maybe someone here can make sense of it...AMS Online Journal

I'm out of my depth here....

[edit on 5-9-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Since it was medical waste that washed up on shore I would assume that there is a high probability that some kind of toxin might have also been dumped/lost in the ocean that could be causing these animals to get sick.

Yep, medical waste, that's what the government said it was, so it must be true.

Only two sharks, one of which had been previously sighted close to shore for days, out of how many square miles of ocean?

Some boat illegally dumping waste in the ocean might have caught fire and people connected a few dots and assumed a UFO crashed because they saw a light in the sky and a burning object in the ocean.

Is it normal procedure for a search and rescue operation to simply give up after searching for but a few hours, when the possibility that a boat has gone down in flames, with all hands, and someone's lives may be at stake?

Even though there was no mayday reported.

Would the news media even bother to report such an incident?

How long does it take to reach an area ten miles off shore and conduct a comprehensive search and rescue operation, anyway?

Sometimes coincidences are just coincidences, until I see some hard evidence I will remain skeptical. Anyone who automatically assumes anything they perceive as unusual to be alien related needs to take a vacation.

Thanks for your conjecture.

Boy, could I use a vacation!

BTW, that's one wicked cool avatar...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This thread is very intriguing, the initial reports, the beach close down etc.

It is definitely a report worth pursuing, some are overreacting, that is to be expected, the closedown of the sighting beach has me wondering what the people saw.

I can add my personal views of that evening as I and my guests were looking skyward in hopes of seeing some meteor activity during our holiday weekend.

We saw a few shooting stars but nothing comparable to the NJ sighting, my guests and I were in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, even though we had a very clear sky, I am sure that we did not have the eastern horizon view where this sighting took place.

We witnessed no shower of meteors either.

Hopefully when all the travelers return from their vacations, some type of video/pic of the incident will surface.

I am one of those you would call "on the fence", not an avid believer, nor a devout debunker.

The fact that the Normandy beach was closed has my antenna up....

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust
Yeah... we even got the beached shark story here in FL.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This has just come up on ufocasebook : www.ufocasebook.com...

I don't know what you all think, but it looks familiar to what all the witnesses are discribing.
Anyway the photo looks really good, shame there's no reference point, this structure could be gigantic.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry B.

let's see, you got the shark story, but there's nothing about possible burning wreckage off the NJ coast? Oh, I forgot, that type of news isn't as important as a dead fish.

And DraconianKing, you are just a wee bit off in slamming all Americans as being "of below average intelligence". And it would seem that if you're such a genius yourself, then you could have thought up a better story of what likely happened off the NJ coast than that pathetic one you managed.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Judging by the repeating pattern of lights I would say he has a very nice picture of a plane flying past the moon. He says he had an exposure of 4 seconds and there is almost 4 complete sets of lights(strobing once a second). Also the Lunar eclipse was a week or so before this event if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You really have to take a look at where the the location is New Jersey. Beaches are known for being shut down for medical waste. and there have been minor earthquakes in the atlantic so i wouldnt doubt it as I was able to surf for a bit on 8/27

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Since this thread was started there have been two (that I know of)
news stories about sharks swimming onto beaches in both New
Jersey and Coney Island, NY.

The one shark that washed up on Rockaway shore was hit by a boat earlier in the day(many witnesses including fisherman, as shark kept ramming side of families boat after being run over). As reported in the NY post the next day after it was found dead. As for the shark that washed up on the jersey shore I have no clue, I haven't heard anything about that incident. I don't think these fish dying and the meteorite are connected at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Just remember that a large portion of the population is always either drunk or drugged up, especially at night. Let's also remember that most Americans are far below average in the intelligence department.

Ok.... WTF are you talking about, stupid comments like this have no place in these forums. Your statement leads me to believe you are far below the average in intelligence... Was going to say some harsh things but I will bite my tongue.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Just remember that a large portion of the population is always either drunk or drugged up, especially at night. Let's also remember that most Americans are far below average in the intelligence department.

Look a large portion is not always drunk or drugged. You generalize way too much and as far as most Americans being below intelligence thats just out right offensive.

So far I have seen no credible evidence that suggest anything out of the ordinary happened, nothing.

Nothing ordinary about green and red lights flying alone in erratic paths?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
reply to post by WeSbO

Judging by the repeating pattern of lights I would say he has a very nice picture of a plane flying past the moon. He says he had an exposure of 4 seconds and there is almost 4 complete sets of lights(strobing once a second). Also the Lunar eclipse was a week or so before this event if I remember correctly.

Yeah, you're probably right now i've looked at it better. Even though this photo was taken a week befor the incident, i doesn't mean we have to rule out all photos that could be similar to the sighting just because the photo was taken a week befor (I don't think ufo's come light years just to stay around a couple of hours). But anyway I do agree that this photo is probably a plane.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

The other shark came close to the beach near Coney Island and was
being beat up by swimmers when a lifeguard rescued it.
STORY: ap.google.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is becoming frustrating. No photo or video evidence after 4 and 1/2 days?! Ugh!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ok first off, UFO does not mean alien craft, though not ruled out. It is simply an Unidentified Flying Object. Numerous people saw a flying object that night. The attempts to explain away this phenomenon just do not add up.

Proof of what it was has not yet been produced. As for coincidence surrounding the medical waste the next day and the sharks, the authorities have linked stranger coincedences to go after what they want.

This occurs in crimnal cases as well as cases to go to war. Coincidence and conjecture over weapons of mass destruction has led to invading soveregin nations just as circumstantial evidence has landed people in jail.

I am not saying this was an alien craft, however, too many witnesses saw something come from the sky and crash in the water for this to be explained away with probabilities and possibilities.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

You just proved my case, I never said all Americans. I wouldn't have to be a genius either, just of normal or above normal intelligence.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

Prove me wrong, I live in America and experience your "above average intelligence" on a daily basis. A large portion of the populace can't even locate America on a map, that is just pathetic.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by casu10

None of these beaches would have been close enough to Normandy Beach to have captured it. From what I understand they are live feeds so there is no taped footage kept.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KezigluBey
Beaches are known for being shut down for medical waste. and there have been minor earthquakes in the atlantic so i wouldnt doubt it as I was able to surf for a bit on 8/27

Are you from NJ? Medical waste washing up ashore is common in NJ is what you are trying to say? That would explain it then the medical waste aspect of it. Don't know if you can tie that with the light though.

As far as an earthquake activity and think there was a poster that said that nothing unusual was registered that night. But if that is the case, weird lights has been reported before earthquakes.

Of course all this is pure speculation that does not advance or help us anyways, I was just trying to show how frustrating speculation can be, let's just deal with the facts and see how far they take us.

BTW, DraconianKing you are way out of line, please if you don't have nothing constructive to add and as I can see you made you point that we are dumb and you are not, can you let us indulge in our dumbness now? Thank you

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join