It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
IMHO, the fact that there is so little information available about this and that it's already gone from the media is just more proof that it was "something else" other than a meteor or something. On the west coast it hasn't been mentioned in the news at all. That it's disappearing so fast makes it feel more real than half of the UFO sightings I've ever seen. You'd think that if it was just a meteor they wouldn't care so much and the talking heads would be saying "The coast guard sent down a sub to check out that cool meteor! We appeal to those of you who like science!" on the TV, or at least have a follow up story on the science section of news websites. Someone is making it go away because they don't want people to know about it, or people like those on this site to get a chance to find out what it really was.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
^^^
Agreed. If this was a meteor, I think it would be in the news more... as a meteor hitting Earth you know?

Seems like people are trying to hide this too.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
^^^
Agreed. If this was a meteor, I think it would be in the news more... as a meteor hitting Earth you know?

Seems like people are trying to hide this too.

Thousands of meteorites hit earth each year, it's nothing special. The only time people make a big deal is if someone is lucky enough to catch a decent sized one on tape.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why is there an 18 page topic about this meteor then

(obviously I didnt read all 18 pages...)

these dont look like meteors I've seen
www.abovetopsecret.com...
[edit on 5-9-2007 by isitmagic]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by isitmagic]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but another dead shark washed up just south of Atlantic City on Monday.

VENTNOR - A thresher shark on its last fin struggled along the Ventnor coast Monday afternoon and washed up on a beach in Atlantic City.

Lifeguards lugged the shark, estimated at about 8½ feet, onto a truck, where it quickly died, Ventnor Beach Patrol Lt. Wayne Colman said.

"It's not something you want to leave lying on the beach," Colman said. "Normally the only time they come close is if they've been caught or injured or something's wrong with them."

www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eh7879

Ok. Something's up. That picture at wnbc.com looks like it was doctored. It's impossible for the glare from the lights to go over the words on the screen. The video graphic overlays over the video always are on a layer put on top of the picture.

So how could that image exist on the wnbc.com website, which is a legit news site? I've lived in New York City for most of my life, and on WNBC news I have never seen anything go over the graphics like that.

Did WNBC doctor their own photo? You have to wonder. If so, why would they do that? Maybe they are hiding something themselves.

Either someone is playing a practical joke at WNBC, or they put up a decoy picture to throw people off. There might be real video out there that shows much more.

Someone call the station.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
This meteor expert is trying to set up interviews with the witnesses.
www.meteorobs.org...

Look at the date of that message - it says 2001

Originally posted by zeroeffect
For one and i state this as a fact the Aurigid can not be viewed by human eyes from ground level, astronomers take a lear jet 45k feet up in the air just to view the meteors and i quote the astronomers cover their heads with blankets so they can see the meteor shower go to seti.org and listen to the podcast and you can hear the interview from the astronomer stating these facts

Rubbish! The Aurigid meteor shower can be, and was observed from the ground. If you had taken the time to check, you'd see that even a few ATSers had observed the Aurigids, and they were not in a jet! Being in a jet at altitude will only make some of the dimmer meteors easier to see (better atmospheric transparency the higher up you are). Most of the meteors were still visible from the ground. The blankets were to stop light from on-board equipment interfering with observations, which is standard procedure on these types of missions. Please get your facts straight before proclaiming them to be facts!

-

As far as I can see this is just another case of people who have seen a meteor and thought it must be a plane or something else crashing - it happens all the time, since most people do not understand the tricks such objects play on the eyes. See this FAQ: www.meteorobs.org...

It does not sound like this was a Perseid meteor (too late for them) and the direction (heading North/East) is wrong for the Aurigids. This does not exclude the possibility of another source - it was probably a random (or "sporadic" as they are known) meteor. Thousands of them bombard our atmosphere every day/night, and some are bright enough to get noticed. Even a meteor the size of a baseball is capable of causing a bright fireball.

Also, it is not uncommon for for the emergency services/coast guard to initiate a search after such an event where people have called in to say they saw something crash - they have to assume that something did crash until proved otherwise.

A meteor would also explain why there are no photographs, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread. Meteors are too fast to catch with a camera unless you have the camera aimed and ready to go.

As for medical waste washing up on the beach, that's probably just a coincidence... they do happen from time to time... not everything is a conspiracy!

To those that think that plastic tampon applicators would sit underwater only to be disturbed and then float ashore... how could that happen when plastic floats? What was keeping it down there? Not too likely IMHO!

Seeing as there is no hard evidence to support anything actually crashing down, is there any point in pursuing this further ???

[edit on 5-9-2007 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why is everyone assuming that the meteor had to crash into the Earth? I was camping at a lake recently when there was a meteor shower and it looked like a lot of them were crashing down into trees and the ground. Obviously they weren't, but to people who don't know what they're looking at I can see why they could be confused and think it "crashed" when it really just stayed in orbit and flew out of view towards the horizon.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by electron19
Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but another dead shark washed up just south of Atlantic City on Monday.

VENTNOR - A thresher shark on its last fin struggled along the Ventnor coast Monday afternoon and washed up on a beach in Atlantic City.

Lifeguards lugged the shark, estimated at about 8½ feet, onto a truck, where it quickly died, Ventnor Beach Patrol Lt. Wayne Colman said.

"It's not something you want to leave lying on the beach," Colman said. "Normally the only time they come close is if they've been caught or injured or something's wrong with them."

www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

Hasn't it been established that the sharks are unrelated as the first shark that beached itself was pushed back into the ocean before this event even took place?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by electron19

Sharks go crazy everytime something bad is about to happen. The same sort of things happened in the summer before 9/11 2001. There were a lot of unusual shark attacks and some whales became beached that summer also.

The animals are very sensitive to weird energy.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

The animals are very sensitive to weird energy.

lol, is that right? Got any kind of sources or facts to back up that absurd statement? How exactly do you define "weird energy?" Sharks somehow knew that planes were going to be flown into some buildings?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Relax, dude. If I say it, that means it's my opinion. I don't need fact. Do you need fact to believe in UFOs?

Look up events in the Summer of 2001 and see if I'm right. Personally I don't have enough time to look up facts for you. Just Google it, dude.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alright, I just finished the page and a half since the last time I posted, and I have to say this is classic.

I remember people seeing lights, a fireball, and commotion out on the water.

The Coast Guard spends two hours checking it out, and the next day, they close the beaches around 10am for quite some time due to a poorly planted biohazard waste scenario, situated such that it perfectly coincides with a meteor hitting the earth.

AND NOT ONE NEWS STATION TOUCHES IT!

How does this not fuel a conspiracy?

Wouldn't finding and testing this thing be astrobiologically important?

Who is in trouble for dropping medical waste?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Quasar]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Here you go. Just Google "Shark attacks 2001" and this is one of the first links I got:

Sharks attack three off Florida's east coast

Here's some more:

Why Can't We Be Friends?

And here's one that states that shark attacks in 2001 is not unusual (but since this article exists, that means that they were, indeed, unusual):

2001 Shark Attacks Not Unusual

and more..

Boy Dies After Shark Attack

Oh, people are also sensitive to weird energies. Here's an article from CNN.Com in December of 2001:

Bin Laden on tape: Attacks 'benefited Islam greatly'

When the tsunami hit Southern Asia in 2004, it reported that the animals fled an hour before the water reached the shore. No one could figure out why until it was too late:

Animals May Have Felt Wave Coming

I know that this is all way off topic. But I just wanted to prove my point. I'm embarrassed that I feel the need to prove it though. And I just wasted 10 minutes of my life searching Google for this.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So since there were some shark attacks in the months before 9/11 that automatically means that sharks can "sense" an oncoming terrorist attack? What kind of logic is that? Shark attacks happen all the damn time. People say dogs and cats can sense earthquakes and all of that B.S. but I don't think it has ever been scientifically proven.

If the sharks were at all related to the New Jersey incident it was that they were actually hit by the impact, not that they "knew it was going to happen."

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wait these guys bring up a good point. Marine Life and birds are very susceptible to subtle changes like a humans gut feeling.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KezigluBey
Wait these guys bring up a good point. Marine Life and birds are very susceptible to subtle changes like a humans gut feeling.

Even if that is true, so what? What does that mean? 2 or 3 sharks washed up on the beaches so that means an alien spaceship crashed into the ocean?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh my goodness.. there was a Shark Attack last week in CA.
SEE: www.mercurynews.com...
and people fiending off a shark in New York City.
SEE: www.nydailynews.com...

I suppose these are not UFO related, but may be indicative of
these animals getting mad at mankind for pollution or something?
hmmm...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There will probably be a couple shark attacks in California next week. I guess that will mean that either a UFO is about to crash into the water or some airplanes are going to get hit by planes.

Watch the sharks! They hold all the answers!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join