It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Last night, it appears that there could have been a major UFO event off the coast of NJ. I was preparing to go to bed, when the 11:30pm news started( it started at midnight due to the college footabll game) The broadcast started with breaking news, which was that several people were reporting a stange aircraft crashing into the Atlanic Ocean near Normandy Beach. They reported seeing stange red and green lights in the sky before the crash. Witnesses also reported that debris was washing up on shore, but local autorities deny this. I almost jumped out my chair upon hearing this; it sounded like Roswell all over again. In a development this morning, some reports were saying the lights were being spotted all the way down in South Carolina as well. Some people believe that it was a meteor shower, which I highly doubt, since we just had a major shower 3 weeks ago. Also, witnesses were convinced the fireball was some sort of aircraft. The FAA reported no missing aircraft. The Coast Guard has suspended the search for the craft until further investigation. If you witnessed this or know someone who did, please tell them to tell their story here. Here is a link to the story

abclocal.go.com...
or
www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It would be nice if we could find out who those people on the beach were and get thier first hand accounts posted here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Intresting it reminds me of a similar story of a crash of the coast of South Africa either last year or 2005.

Whatever happened was witnessed by plenty of folk and to this day I still dont beleive an explanation as been given, instead the matter was swept under the carpet and I guess a simliar situation will occur with this incident.

Will certainly keep an eye on this and see how it develops.

Great post

Regards

Paul

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow that's a great story,

I wonder what all the activity about, onniburu.nl/ they had a witness who has seen about 20+ ufo's, this is the country wich i live in... And it was also at night, but a few ours afterwards your time.

Really wierd... I think something is going to happen in the next few days... Keep your eyes in the sky!

-PureET

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nydailynews.com reports

"Meteor shower along New Jersey shore sparks fears of plane crash "

Being reported as a metor shower??

Meteor shower?

Still they would say that wouldn't they!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well the thread on ATS about the meteors that this "crash" is being put down to says that the shower is viewable from the western united states.

Meteor thread

So if this is the case then surely they can not have been what people saw?

Also a quick check on google news states that local astronomy were not aware of anything in the skys that night.

Odd!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In my opinion it was either space debris or meteorite. I do not live very far from the east coast and have been observing meteorites all weekend so far. Not coming as fast as some of the better showers, but if you look up long enough you can see 4-5 an hour around here. I think people saw something mundane, and their overactive, Hollywood fed imaginations filled in the rest.

But I know it makes much better sense to immediately jump to the conclusion it was an alien ufo and the "man" and his secret cabal are in full cover-up swing.

Roswell all over again, sheesh. Talk about jumping off the diving board without checking the pool for water....

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just saw the local news and a witness was interviewed. They said that there were a lot of boats on the water at the time of the crash too, which was about 8pm. I'll be watching for video of this on YouTube. Someone had to capture this on film or video

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well to be fair my own guess would be on something more mundane like space junk.

But what I love about this forum is that we can speculate on the more "far out" ideas! To be honest its perfectly reasonable if aliens are here that they could crash, and if so then or course goverment would cover it up! Its not like they have a great record of transparency is it?

Regards

Paul

PS Yeah it will be very intresting to see if anything does show up on youtube from this either as a new cgi project or something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is a little too wacky for me, but this guy, who's screen name is derr, says that he belives this is the beginning of a UFO invasion, and presents facts to back up this claim. Here is his post

derr
Sep 2nd, 2007 at 11:34 am

what is going on off the coast of new jersey is a massive alien / ufo
intervention to that region in the ocean to set up camps or bases on submerged vast installations that may be free floating underwater or
on the bottom of the sea near the USA mainland regions.

in june on 3 separate occasions i was able to use weather radar to pinpoint odd activity that was affecting the atmosphere over that region
slightly north of N J off the coast of Massachusetts…the range off the coast was at least 200 to 350 miles away from the mainland by rough estimate.
it is of supreme importance that people take note that this new development is in the same region where this other activity was observed.
i can only leave a message in hopes people will observe that region in the future with the use of the weather radar services that exist to see
for themselves if future alien activity signals massive invasion or simply that some species is setting up their own colonization efforts without informing us . the manner of the atmospheric disturbance is blue as the vessels enter the higher altitudes where it is below freezing temperature.
there disturbance thus is shown as light blue moisture “painting” the weather radar in the doppler radar area and if there ever is activity its easy to see the objects do not move with the weather patterns that affect the USA in this area usually from the west of the usa across to the east USA etc.
i am ex US Air Force and i have made my analysis work known to people including in the manner of alerting ufo researchers , it is a good idea to print this story with my own remarks since its so important if i am right, you can see evidence of extraterrestrial activity from simply using youtube (google) video search and use search word “space worm”
or ufo worm… this will show a NASA mission filming some huge moving object in earth orbit a few years ago… the massive object is likely being trained, that is, cargo that is being transported either from earth or to the earth and the ufo tug vessel stayed still as the shuttle passed so all you see is the cargo vessel moving about… its obvious it contains massive amounts of biomass beings inside or a volume of water taking perhaps sea life from earth, if the cargo vessel is bringing sea life from other planets to the earth this is a secondary worry and of course this is speculation but the evidence is clear, all you need to do is look at the video and in the half way point the nasa crew are able to see the object clearly and they focus the camera on it very well…. nasa is quiet on these subjects due to the continued illegal cover up in the USA about ufos and the E T life forms manning these space craft from other worlds.
-Steve Tobias / UFO Researcher since 1991 / USA
note : the entertainment movies are made to make people assume there can never be a real alien intervention to earth, that it is all make believe… to make you assume any one who discusses this topic is a nut.

I found this post on this site
www.loho10002.com...

Again, too far out for my taste.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ha Ha you get the impression that he as been reading Ghostravens infamous thread!

Alien invasion

Still just think what would happen if they were right!!! I wonder if ATS would drop the ban on GR?

On a more serious note I am intrested in hearing what other people in the area saw. How many members of this site could have seen this?

Regards
Paul

Before I forget heres the thread on the South African crash. you will notice that they sound very similar in nature!! this case as still not been explained over a year later and certainly gives food for thought.
South African ufo crash

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Hope_for_reason]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
This is a little too wacky for me, but this guy, who's screen name is derr, says that he belives this is the beginning of a UFO invasion, and presents facts to back up this claim.

I found this post on this site
www.loho10002.com...

Again, too far out for my taste.

Source:
www.yoursdaily.com...

I recently received several emails from a UFO Researcher named Steve Tobias. He provided me with some very interesting information after reading my article about the unusual coincidences of June 8, 2007. In that article for the International UFO Society Newsletter, I pointed out that it seemed bizarre how the primary news gathering organizations managed to spend an entire day following Paris Hilton around with cameras and helicopters when almost all the east coast airports had been brought to a stand still by computer problems and bizarre weather conditions.
Tobias sent me some Weather Channel Maps which appear to show unusual objects being tracked a few hundred miles off the coast of New England. The objects appeared in conjunction with some very unusual weather conditions and the alleged computer problems that virtually shut down airports. Other maps show the same thing happening in other parts of the USA.

That backs up his claims in his post above, so its not something he just made up last night.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
hey guys, i have a forum that might interest you. it is a fishing forum wit lots of people from NJ. check it out, people see some weird stuff offshore. its where i first heard about this

www.thebassbarn.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow, I hope those UFO's have some tough hulls, immersing off the coast of NJ they're about to get the ultimate corrosion test.

It would be funny to have this be some sort of invasion, cut short by the invaders' ships dissolving in toxic sludge, sort of a twist on War of the Worlds.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
derr
Sep 2nd, 2007 at 11:34 am

in june on 3 separate occasions i was able to use weather radar to pinpoint odd activity that was affecting the atmosphere over that region
slightly north of N J off the coast of Massachusetts…the range off the coast was at least 200 to 350 miles away from the mainland by rough estimate.

there disturbance thus is shown as light blue moisture “painting” the weather radar in the doppler radar area and if there ever is activity its easy to see the objects do not move with the weather patterns that affect the USA in this area usually from the west of the usa across to the east USA etc.

I wish we could get more info on this. A couple of points that don't sound quite right. Maybe more info would clarify it.

1. Which weather radars we used? If you look at wundergound.com, Weather Underground, the Boston and New York radars, Ny's sweep is at the edge of Boston. That's 190 miles. So it must be a long range image if from the mainland.

From NOAA
The maximum range of the "long range" (L Rng) composite reflectivity product is 248 nm (about 286 miles) from the radar location. The "blocky" appearance of this product is due to its lower spatial resolution on a 2.2 * 2.2 nm grid. It has one-fourth the resolution of the Base Reflectivity and one-half the resolution of the Precipitation products.

Although the Composite Reflectivity product is able to display maximum echo intensities 248 nm from the radar, the beam of the radar at this distance is at a very high altitude in the atmosphere. Thus, only the most intense convective storms and tropical systems will be detected at the longer distances.

Because of this fact, special care must be taken interpreting this product. While the radar image may not indicate precipitation it's quite possible that the radar beam is overshooting precipitation at lower levels, especially at greater distances

2. Weather radar is tuned to pick up small objects like rain drops or ice crystals. I guess he is saying it UFOs caused very cold moisture drops to form very high up when they entered the atmosphere. An effect that appears as weather related.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeffNR
hey guys, i have a forum that might interest you. it is a fishing forum wit lots of people from NJ. check it out, people see some weird stuff offshore. its where i first heard about this

www.thebassbarn.com...

That is an interesting read, good post. I think more people need to flag this tread and we need to keep on top of it and piece the evidence together.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Witnesses also reported that debris was washing up on shore, but local autorities deny this.

Wonder if someone will come forward with this material if it exists. This would be a large happening. The UFO debris floats. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hope_for_reason

True ,exactly like the East Coast (North Coast to us S.Africans) "dive crash" ,witnessed by literally 100's ,a whole school during a sports event (Port Shepstone) & it was swept away ..even the police were not allowed after NSR(?) and certain "individuals" arrived ..it was written off as a "space rock" in the end
numerous witnesses said the size of a small plane (2 seater) going in behind surf (bout 100m) ..wonder how everyone on the beach survived the wave this "space rock" would/should have caused.

I would love to see this New Jersey one get more attention by media and locals ,maybe we will find out what took a dive here by us ... though here were no reports of debris washing out in S.Africa's case ,thinking of it now ..

Thanks for the original link****

[edit on 9/2/2007 by qonone]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
if anyone has seen a meteor crash to earth ,
you can expect to see bright lights and big sounds.to be more sure of what this was.....
we NEED PICTURES OR VIDEO !!!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've said this before (look it up on here) and I'll say it again. I live outside of Toms River right next to the bay, and there have been some really really weird things going on in the skies at night lately over the ocean, specifically between 12 and 3 am. I'm not saying it's little grey men or some otherworldy invasion, could be something totally explainable and human. We also count about 25 to 30 helicopters patrolling the coast every night, I'm sure that's standard procedure though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join