It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Last night was indeed host to a meteor shower. The Aurigids are rare, but last night, they were in the sky. Check this thread for a rate calculator and further information.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope_for_reason
Intresting it reminds me of a similar story of a crash of the coast of South Africa either last year or 2005.

Whatever happened was witnessed by plenty of folk and to this day I still dont beleive an explanation as been given, instead the matter was swept under the carpet and I guess a simliar situation will occur with this incident.

Will certainly keep an eye on this and see how it develops.

Great post

Regards

Paul

I live in South Africa and I heard nothing of a crash?! I try to keep my ear to the ground on the topic and heard zilch about a crash!

Could you eloborate? any links to the story?

I can only hope we can get some real info out of this before its all gone!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I would not believe this to be "space jund", typically space junk is monitored when it approaches reentry into our atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spec01

Here is the original thread of the S.African "crash/space rock/dive"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You really never heard anything about this? It was on News24 for a couple of days & as said swept under the rug ..nadda.Us being S.African should know how they tackle situations ..Google the "Kalahari Incident" or search ATS you'd see acts/laws/deals made by certain governments ..and that was in the 80's.

I'll u2u you

[edit on 9/2/2007 by qonone]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yea sounds kinda like the SHAG HARBOR inncident in Canada. It was witnessed by many and the military was called in....tracked the object under water for miles as it moved up the coast. This just in from the Coast Gaurd:

COAST GUARD SUSPENDS SEARCH FOR FALLING LIGHTS
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - The Coast Guard suspended its search near Normandy Beach, N.J., at 11 p.m. today after trying to identify the source of reported falling lights.
Starting at about 8 p.m., the Coast Guard received numerous calls from citizens who reported seeing lights falling from the sky about 10 miles off Normandy Beach.
Citizens reported witnessing various occurrences such as fire falling from the sky, flares, boats on fire or strobe lights on the water.
A boat crew from Coast Guard Station Manasquan, N.J., searched the area along with the New Jersey State Police, commercial salvage companies and local agencies to investigate the source.
The Coast Guard has not found any signs of distress, and the Federal Aviation Administration has no reports of missing aircraft.
The active search has been suspended pending further information

There was something there no doubt.....this is how they all begin.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The whole thing about weather radar's picking up stuff isn't that far fetched, other countries have been using Doppler radar to track stealth aircraft for years.

Also, if it were fragments or rocks, wouldn't they be extinguished rather quickly? The reports of "Boats on fire" Seem to suggest people saw something on or just below the surface. If it were a meteor. wouldn't it be cooled quickly enough to stop glowing in the water?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The rare Aurigid meteor shower - which produces blue and green lights - was expected to take place last night, and may have been to blame.

apc

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Highest probability is meteor impact.

The debris, if it exists, could be unrelated.

However, during a meteor shower would be a great time to fly an exotic aircraft. Terrestrial or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Okay- I saw this thread and I have only read the first post...

I HAD to post my observations just because I am too darn
adrenaline-drenched...

I was driving from AC (Trump's Taj, you know, playing Hold 'Em)
and it was about 9:30 I think as I drove due SOUTH on
the Garden State Parkway.

Funny enough- I was listening to COAST TO COAST,
which I never do...

Two things occured...

As I looked straight forward at the southern sky, I saw random
"stars" or lights, blink on and off- appear and reappear.

Weird, but not groundbreaking.

Then I saw at least ONE shooting star- whatever that really was.

Then, one of the stationary stars I was observing turning off
and on this whole time suddenly moves in a straight line
east to west. It was way too high to be a plane, and the lights
on it did not flash- there were no lights.

Then is was gone.

By now, I am at my exit.

I go East on Avalon Blvd towards the beach.

Here is the crazy/ordinary part.

Only way I can describe it...

The MOON was at the horizon, like a sunrise or something,
directly over the Atlantic Ocean. I would say it was a little
north of Avalon- like Sea Isle I think.

But the weird part was this-

IT WAS THE BIGGEST I EVER SAW THE MOON-
and I have seen 36 years of moons in my life.

It was TOTALLY ORANGE, and there was slow moving
black shapes (sort of like clouds, but not)
and frankly, the whole thing really looked
like JUPITER off the NJ coast.

I was freaked out.

I got home, and I did not have a camera.

Now I need to read this entire thread- but wow-
somehow I must think this is all connected-
because that was NOT normal.

TPM

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To back up TPM, I have seen this orange UFO. My siting was in Iraq, Al-Asad Sep 2004. As large as a full moon on the horizon. Yes, yes, debunkers, I know what direction I was looking and the moon does not rise in the Southern sky.

I didn't see black objects moving, nor did it move per se. It was there and I saw three equidistant "petals" (for lack of a better word) close in front of it and it was gone. The skies were clear but dark so no other shape could be seen. The sphere was featureless when I saw it.

I was digging for info and found an article in UFO digest. There were sitings of this in Isreal in 1998. That one had a dark spot in the center. They have PICTURES. check it out TPM was this your UFO?

Here you go www.ufodigest.com...

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Skidz]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If you post me a link to that picture in UFO Digest,
I will certainly check it out right away!

Thanks for the comment!

TPM

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY WHAT I SAW!

The pics in UFO Digest were very blurry-
so it's funny- I will never forget
how clear, huge, orange and amazing it was...

And yeah- I describe it was the moon-
cause it is the only reference point to explain it.

I hope SOMEONE took a pic-
or just saw it and can confirm!

I am going outside now to.... look up!

TPM

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have no facts to back this up but from the reaction ( or lack thereof ) it almost sounds like it could have been an old KH10/11 spy satellite or something along those lines

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Do you think it would've even received as much publicity as it did, if it were? Unless someone is losing their job for mis-queuing the re-entry.

Still with TPM on this. He describes what I saw; very clear sharp detail (no fuzzy pics) but a featureless surface.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Lol, not a very good way to start an invasion with a downed aircraft... just think of what the liberals on their planet are saying.

I can only hope that this was a UFO that crashed...

EDIT: Skidz- that UFO looks strinkingly similar to the UFOs in that NASA tether incident video. Here's the link to that www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Ketzer22]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ketzer,
Took me a moment to pick it out but it looks like it might fit the Isreali images. Mine was featureless, but I'm still a believer.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
In my opinion it was either space debris

www.1010wins.com...

NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) chimed in, saying it probably wasn't space junk.

Ignoring the facts once again, huh?!

This is an exciting story. Reminds me of Shag Harbor, and also the South African coast incident last year. Great to read all these eyewitness reports too, which may or may not be related. HighDefinitionFilms, wow, what an incredible thing to see! Awesome.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
ive been away from this site for awhile but had to come back to search for this thread specifically. i work on the boardwalk in point pleasant, near manasquan and seaside, and my manager brought this to my attention as it happened.

he got a text from his girlfriend saying that there was a fireball of some sort over the ocean, and had no idea what it could be. This was interesting to me and no one else seemed to hear or see anything. We put the news on and as time passed i glanced at it and saw them breaking the story so i went and listened. they reported that reports of a large fireball and/or both red and blue lights were spotted. They were seen to fall from the sky and land on the water. the lights were seen to still be on top of the water for a short time, and they also said it appeared to come down at less than a 45 degree angle. Similar things were seen they said as far away as north carolina. They also said that the FAA stated that there was no unaccounted aircraft in the area. This was from the channel 6 news.

this immediately made me think of UFOs and made me even thing of all the recent movies that started like that like transformers and the invasion and the upcoming AvP requiem.

Im really interested in what this might be and not much is coming up with simple searches. the fact that its so close to where i work and live makes me all the more interested in what this was.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I find it interesting that there is now a section of beach closed off in New Jersey due to syringes being found. Maybe a possible ploy by the Government to stop people wandering about to give them time to cover up and recover exactally what fell from the sky.

Syringe Findings Close Several Beaches
September 2, 2007 - Several beaches in Ocean County, New Jersey were closed Sunday after the discovery of syringes littering the sand.

Around 4:30 this afternoon police had to close some beaches at Normandy beach because of syringes found on the beach and in the water. The reports also were also made in Lavalette beach.

The New Jersey Division of Environmental Protection were called out to the scene. The DEP did a fly over to see if there was a slick of trash in the ocean, but were unable to find anything. They will attempt another later today and again tomorrow.

No word on if the beach will be reopened tomorrow.

link to article abclocal.go.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turbohale
I find it interesting that there is now a section of beach closed off in New Jersey due to syringes being found. Maybe a possible ploy by the Government to stop people wandering about to give them time to cover up and recover exactally what fell from the sky.

Syringe Findings Close Several Beaches
September 2, 2007 - Several beaches in Ocean County, New Jersey were closed Sunday after the discovery of syringes littering the sand.

Around 4:30 this afternoon police had to close some beaches at Normandy beach because of syringes found on the beach and in the water. The reports also were also made in Lavalette beach.

The New Jersey Division of Environmental Protection were called out to the scene. The DEP did a fly over to see if there was a slick of trash in the ocean, but were unable to find anything. They will attempt another later today and again tomorrow.

No word on if the beach will be reopened tomorrow.

link to article abclocal.go.com...

Awesome, what a coincidence that is!

Good find, something fishy is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join