It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash off NJ coast

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Beach Closures

For some reason, there is NO data for the week of September 3, 2007 for Ocean County. Cape May, Atlantic, and Monmouth counties all have data for that week, but not Ocean County...

beach closures:

state.nj.us

I find this lack of data to be very odd.

Also, I'm not sure I am using this site correctly, but according to EPA "Window To My Environment" there appears to have been no spill or clean up along the New Jersey shore line this past week.

epa window:

EPA Map

zip code=08739

I can find no press release from the federal or state of New Jersey EPA mentioning any type of spill or clean up along the New Jersey shore line.

Finally, looking into medical waste, I see that the last "big" spill along the eastern seaboard was in the late 1980's (87-88) which prompted a two year federal medical waste tracking program. The program ended and there is no longer any federal program for the tracking of medical waste. However, each state has initiated its own medical waste management and tracking programs based upon the old federal one.

It seems that the bulk of medical waste these days is ground up and chemically sterilized then treated as conventional solid waste. Here's a unit that will do it all in twelve minutes:

The SteriMed(R) System is a patented environmentally friendly on-site
disinfecting and disposal unit that can process regulated clinical waste,
including sharps, dialysis filters, pads, bandages, plastic tubing and even
glass, in a 12 minute cycle. The units simultaneously shred, grind, mix and
disinfect the waste with the proprietary SterCid(R) solution. After treatment,
the material may be discarded as unrecognizable conventional solid waste,
in accordance with appropriate regulatory requirements. The resultant
treated wasteis as low as 10% of the original volume.

Source

So we have untraceable sharps (syringes) that should have been incinerated or ground up washing up on the New Jersey shoreline, forcing a beach closure and an environmental clean up and evaluation, but no state or federal EPA report about the clean up/evaluation, and the EPA page listing the monitoring results for the beach in question is surprisingly devoid of ALL entries (while the other three counties are not)

Interesting.

So, not only did nothing fall from the sky, but no beaches were closed and nothing was cleaned up, either.

Very Interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by observe50

I just went through updates and nothing. Whatever I find is going down as Meteors.

Looks like they got away with it again.

Hmm, or maybe it really was a meteor that everyone saw. How would you know what it was? All we have is a description of a "fireball" type object. Sounds like a description of a possible meteor to me. One witness even said something like it looked like it "kind of" crashed into the ocean. Like someone said earlier, it either crashed into the water or it didn't.

With the evidence currently available to us I don't think we can come to any solid conclusion right now. There are many possibilities for what people saw that night.
it's obvious you did poorly in school with physic's dear foolish sir,if a object discribed as a huge fireball, for the sake of arguement lets says its large the size of say a small car falling 13.5k feet per second from outerspace would have the impact of say a small to med size tactical nuke. point beiing people would report earthquake like feelings and it would trigger a pretty fair sized wave. so long story short do the math and you will find cover up is very plausible and people also reported red and green lights along with this crash so i am sure this was a meteor's breaking lights and also richard nixon was innocent in watergate and there wasnt any gunmen on the grassy knoll

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zeroeffect]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zeroeffect]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

it was me who said about the fireball sort of dropping into the ocean
and i still cannot understand that statement
but it would explain why there was no freak wave hitting anywhere

this story does not hold water

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect ....a object discribed as a huge fireball, for the sake of arguement lets says its large the size of say a small car falling 13.5k feet per second from outerspace would have the impact of say a small to med size tactical nuke.

True enough.

One must keep in mind, though, that an observed "fireball" could easily be much larger
then the actual object plummeting through the atmosphere.

That "small car" could impact like a "spare tire".

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by zeroeffect ....a object discribed as a huge fireball, for the sake of arguement lets says its large the size of say a small car falling 13.5k feet per second from outerspace would have the impact of say a small to med size tactical nuke.

True enough.

One must keep in mind, though, that an observed "fireball" could easily be much larger
then the actual object plummeting through the atmosphere.

That "small car" could impact like a "spare tire".
add the same mathimatical theorum to that spare tire if its falling from space given what mass hasnt burned up in the atsmosphere falling anywhere from 13-35k feet per sec would still trigger a very noticible impact and also someone pointed out why there hasnt been any photo or vids and i think its simply media control this to me is a huge attempt to bottleneck the coverage of this incident without a shadow of a doubt screams cover up

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
zeroeffect you're calling me foolish for saying that it probably was a meteor that everyone saw? Your spelling is absolutely horrendous. If anyone looks foolish it is you. Read a book or something. I'm not even going to waste my time trying to read your butchered sentences.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
One other thing zeroeffect. You are claiming that the "fireball" did not crash into the water because obviously there was no seismic activity or waves caused by the impact. Well duh. Most meteors don't crash into the water, they just disappear past the horizon, which is probably why some drunk vacationers thought it "crashed into the water."

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

It's called typo's [insult removed] and if you noticed i made rushed attempts tp correct said spelling but you only prove my point with a reply that attacks my spelling and not my facts,it is NOT a Meteor.

[I realize that you're relatively new to ATS, so may I suggest a review of the following.]
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
One other thing zeroeffect. You are claiming that the "fireball" did not crash into the water because obviously there was no seismic activity or waves caused by the impact. Well duh. Most meteors don't crash into the water, they just disappear past the horizon, which is probably why some drunk vacationers thought it "crashed into the water."
even if the object passed over the horizon and it crashed some where my statement still applies.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
People, please... this is degenerating into a power struggle for dominance and not a constructive debate. Perhaps a brief time out is in order?

Would anyone care to comment on the fact that the media claims there were beach closures due to medical waste washing up on shore but the agencies responsible for filing the reports and notifying us of beach closures seem to have no knowledge of this? And, in fact, the entire data set for Ocean county is oddly Missing from the state of New Jersey's EPA page while the other three counties are clearly available?

This seems to me to be more on topic and more constructive than "you type poorly" and "oh ya, well you are a beast of burden!"

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Originally posted by KezigluBey
Beaches are known for being shut down for medical waste. and there have been minor earthquakes in the atlantic so i wouldnt doubt it as I was able to surf for a bit on 8/27

Are you from NJ? Medical waste washing up ashore is common in NJ is what you are trying to say? That would explain it then the medical waste aspect of it. Don't know if you can tie that with the light though.

As far as an earthquake activity and think there was a poster that said that nothing unusual was registered that night. But if that is the case, weird lights has been reported before earthquakes.

Of course all this is pure speculation that does not advance or help us anyways, I was just trying to show how frustrating speculation can be, let's just deal with the facts and see how far they take us.

17 years in jersey on a river (the hacky aka hackensack river) that has a problem with medical waste.

And I'm not speculating that there were red and green lights flying around cape may.

If you take a look @
visz.rsoe.hu... every often you will see the Atlantic can get active

[edit on 5-9-2007 by KezigluBey]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So far this is what we have...

Calls started coming in around 9pm EST from SC to Long Island that a fireball crashed at Normandy Beach in Dover Twp NJ and was first spotted according to witnesses around 8:40 pm. Calls started coming in around 8am from New York City. Dover is part of Toms River in Ocean County. The apparent fireball apparently crashed approx 10 miles off shore. Coast Guard, Toms River Fire Department, FAA & NORAD were all notified. 15 witnesses all described the same thing said Deputy Chief Tim Cook of the Toms River Fire Department.

Coast Guard cutters and helicopters from the Coast Guard Station Manasquan, searched for 2 hours and found nothing at called the search off at approx 11pm EST. Petty Officer Nyx Cangemi said they found nothing. The FAA reported no missing planes said agency spokesman Jim Peters, and McGurie Air Force Base was also notified and they reported they had no planes in the air. David Umberger a search and rescue controller for the Coast Guard said about 50 people reported the incident and reported it as boat fires, aircraft down, balls of fire, meteors and burning objects in the sky. There were also local fishermen who searched the waters and found no evidence or debris. No names of the locals were given.

Coast Guard Officials also reported receiveing about 2 dozen phone calls starting around 8pm from the Atlantic City area about the fireball.

Some officials speculted it may have been a meteor but the New Jersey Astrological Association said, "It's news to us."

Eyewitnesses state that it had "red and green" lights like a plane would have. There was one eyewitness who posted on nj.com that they called a friend who worked for the coast guard and he said "a plane had gone down". Another eyewitness who was on a boat claimes he thought it was an emergency flair.

The Aurigid meteor shower (Observation Report from NASA)which was scheduled to peak around 4:30 am PDT 7:30 am EST was the so called culprit of this fireball according to the Coast Guard spokesperson Nyx Cangemi and not an astronomer. Cangemi said the lights may have been left over from the Perseid shower last month or the Aurigid shower. Kevin Conod, mgr and astronomer at the Newark Museums Dreyfuss Planatarium said the shower is named for the constellation Auriga and "seems to be where the meteors are coming from" Source

When checking the earthquake watch for the area, there have been no eathquakes on the eastern seaboard during those few days that this object was seen.

The following day high tide was at approx 1:13 pm and at 2pm the first call from a lifeguard came in that medical waste was washing up on the beach at Normandy and Lavellette. Both beaches were closed, and the Toms River Road Department was dispatched to clean up the medical waste. The police cleared the beach and the EPA was called to investigate the debris. The following day Monday, the beaches were reopened around 11:00 am to the public. All pictures of the debris field were close up with nothing to note in the background as to where they were taken.

There have been no eyewitness that have had their names printed in any of the papers or websites that I can find.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cw034
Some officials speculted it may have been a meteor but the New Jersey Astrological Association said, "It's news to us."

Please tell me that's a typo for New Jersey Astronomical Association.

You are voted way above...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar

Nope that's what they had quoted as the source in one news paper article. If I come across it again I'll post the source. I have about 30 windows open on my computer trying to research this.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A few more facts......

The Toms River Department of Public Works started the clean up around 5am according to the police. This would be 15 hours AFTER the initial call came in about the medical debris. This according to Sgt David Mccallum of the Toms River police department.

At 11:11 am the Nj.com newsite reported that Lavelette beach was also reopened according to Chris Auriano a police dispatcher. According to him they "never closed because of the waste" which is in direct conflict with what the Today Show on Channel 4 in New York was reporting.

Jon Corzine (Gov), said state inspectors were on the ground that morning. Inspectors includes those from the Health Department, Public Works Department and the EPA.

An 8 block stretch of coastline along Normandy Beach was closed around 2 pm the day before.

The effected beaches were Normandy Beach, Ocean Beaches 1 2 and 3, and Lavellette Beach. Pictures of waste There is also a video there check it out

A shore resident Doug Siebert said they found some syringes, a lot of plastic, feminine products and the beach was covered in plastic. Source

Now here are my questions...If the beach was closed around 2pm why did it take 15 hours for the department of Public Works to get their to cleanup the debris?

Who was on the beach prior to that? The beaches were definetly closed as police were not allowing anyone on them according to eyewitness that morning on tv.

Several reports stated beaches in Monmouth County also had debris, but I can not find one beach in Monmouth Co that was closed.

If I come across anyting else I'll letu know

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I watched the video and rewatched it, and it seems to me that if it was medical waste they would be in some kind of a suit for biohazard materials. They were walking around in shorts and tshirts with sticks kinda poking through the sand.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
DraconianKing, I took offense because you made the statement about low intelligence here on ATS, where you will find some of the brightest, and most eccentric, people on the planet. Maybe it's a good thing that you're here, now you can be exposed to the rest of the world.

I live in rural Arkansas, where there is a law that if you get a divorce, she's still your sister. But I don't judge the world by what I see here. Don't be hasty in judging the whole wide world by what little you have seen.

On topic: This is going away much too fast. The news media has dropped it, there's a lack of witnesses, and there's the conflicting reports on the cleanup. I hate to say it, but unless we get some independent news, then this will be a win for those who "manage" the news, and therefore what people think.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I still have a link via bookmark to the original newscast that still opens, saved two places on my computer, if that helps in any way.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry B.

Can you post it here if you don't mind?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cw034

11:11, interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join