It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Assassinates 11 Yr Old Sitting In A Fig Tree

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
i'm sure that the equal was committed against some Israeli innocents but because of the natural media bias, was left unreported.

Man you are so NOT informed on this topic!

Unless of course you only watch arab tv, in which case I apologise, you are probably dead right

I'm not sure what you meant by that but i'm merely trying to put a neutrality on the whole issue. Its laughable to think that many of you think that you are informed because of what you have been told.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Sure the Israeli's bleat about the Palestinians shooting rockets over Haifa or whatever

Biased post.

What would the U.S. do if a neighboring country would fire rockets on one of its cities? They would do everything they did to Iraq, and more.

Also the U.S. killed and imprisoned way more Iraqi citizens then Israel, yet everybody ignores it.

In my opinion, Israel is only getting criticized because people don't like the Jews for some odd reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misguided Russian

Originally posted by Rilence
Sure the Israeli's bleat about the Palestinians shooting rockets over Haifa or whatever

Biased post.

What would the U.S. do if a neighboring country would fire rockets on one of its cities? They would do everything they did to Iraq, and more.

Also the U.S. killed and imprisoned way more Iraqi citizens then Israel, yet everybody ignores it.

In my opinion, Israel is only getting criticized because people don't like the Jews for some odd reason.

I completely agree. Honestly it doesn't make any sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not many of us are truly informed on this topic, however we see enough
information to come to a conclusion that Israel is being cruel to the people
living around them. If that was Iran, or Iraq that were doing this to Israel
I bet my right and left arm the UN would be up in there so fast it would
make a Ferrari look like a tricycle.
Look, all I am saying is this, Israel knew the pain of losing people in a dumb
war. So why are they being hypocritical and destroying the people around them? It is either they have no respect for this world, or they have not read
their history very well. Bush is also wrong because he is supporting this action,
so when USA gets hit by a terrorist Americans are up and crying yelling at
God asking why this would happen to such good people.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

What I meant by that is natural media bias in the western world is to portray acts of violence by the palestinians as terrorist atrocities against poor old israel, and israeli acts of violence as retaliatory strikes or acts of self defence.

As Israel is the illegal occupying force, shouldn't it be biased the other way around, as you suggest it is.

In the US, it's almost unheard of to even hear the word 'occupation' in mainstream media when referring to israel - or so that's what's reported.

I humbly stand to be corrected.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well was he holding a rocket launcher on his shoulders?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

From my perspective (in the UK) it's the Israeli's that are made out to be the scum of the Earth. I don't ever remember one instance where the news was on Israel's side.

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm/arrogance? Obviously you're so well informed from your reliable newspapers/news.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not like the Palastines are making their children safe by for example, making cartoons to hate Jews, to strap bombs to them at age 3 and use guns to kill. 11 is quite advanced by then evryone is worried they are mentally trained to be terrorists. Why should not Isreal take some causion with these kids?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Now I watched yours, will you watch mine?

www.informationliberation.com...

It doesn't work. It says video not available at this time. Try providing another link to the video elsewhere.

And I've seen plenty of videos from both sides. I also know the history of the region and that the land belonged to the Jews for thousands of years. I also have family that moved to Israel many years ago, so I have a better idea than most what goes on there. My viewpoints are not from media bias, they are from first person accounts. And they don't hate all Palestinians, as many of you proclaim to hate all of Israel. You can't expect a country to sit back and be invaded without trying to defend themselves.

Some of the brightest minds in science and many forward thinkers come from Israel. Whether or not you feel the video presentation I posted was biased, it showed facts about Israel and how they made their homeland flourish. Palestine could have done (and can still do) the same exact thing if they chose to. They have been provided with resources in the past, just as Israel has.

If you read my first post in this thread, I said we should have tolerance for ALL cultures.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am outraged, sickened, disgusted...ashamed to be part of the human race really. A child sitting in a tree? Babies in their beds? Old crippled people? Pregnant women? Disabled and intellectually handicapped people?

These Israelis are no better the Nazis that interred and annihilated their forefathers. I would have thought they would be above murdering children.

Why are we supporting a country that is intent on genocide towards their fellow man ?

I hate this phugged up world

res

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Apologies for the link not working, I should have checked it out first.

Originally posted by pjslug
You can't expect a country to sit back and be invaded without trying to defend themselves.

I think this is the point we are all trying to make PJ. The question is who is invading who.

If we are to listen to the UN, then it has been decided that Israel is the invader and illegal occupier.

This would make the Palestinians the defenders of invasion. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How come no one is reading the other link? The one I posted from Al-Jazeera...

Is everyone simply reading the first post and commenting? That's hardly critical thinking...

Wow...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
How come no one is reading the other link? The one I posted from Al-Jazeera...

Is everyone simply reading the first post and commenting? That's hardly critical thinking...

Wow...

Could you repost it D? I missed it too.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

it would appear so

I read it, and I apologize for posting a story with such sloppy research on my part .... but it's been an interesting thread. Certainly seems to get the old juices flowing.

Still, kids caught in crossfire or deliberately shot are still dead kids, and that's something we can all hopefully agree is worth shouting about - [note the 'hopefully]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Wow...

Who's "everyone"? That's quite an unfair generalization to make. I'm sure many of us have read every post in this thread, even if we didn't click on every link. Can you please repost the link?

[edit on 8/28/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Well, here's the post... just click above.

My point wasn't to criticize specific people (for some reason that always seems to happen though)...

My point was that there is another account of this incident completely different from the one originally posted that I feel should be reviewed before people make revolting comments like what has been posted over the last few pages...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Yes, I did visit that link. Read it, too.
I agree, it's an outrage that people here jump to such conclusions based on what the OP's news story claimed. It must be easier for some to think that Israel would slaughter innocent children.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It must be easier for some to think that Israel would slaughter innocent children.

Bingo.

Instead of reading another account of the story (from Al-Jazeera no less, not one of the "Jewish Controlled Media Outlets /sarcasm), people are more inclined to simply jump to conclusions.

The original article made it appear like the Israeli army was sitting around giggling taking pot shots at some innocent kid sitting in a tree. They mention NOTHING about what was actually going on there.

Yes, we all agree a dead child is a dead child, however there is a difference between a poor kid getting caught in the crossfire of brutal fighting and a poor kid getting shot at by bored marksmen.

It is irresponsible to comment without researching, there's really no other way to say it. Especially when posting such broad swipes like comparing Israel to Nazis and what not. Invest the 30 seconds to read the relevant information.

A tragedy happened. Some people are using it to further their personal hatred. That's even more tragic. And sickening.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

You can't expect a country to sit back and be invaded without trying to defend themselves.

That is what Palestine is doing. I read the story about how it was crossfire,
well think of it this way, let's say it was your kid up in that tree and the Israelis "accidentally" shot and killed him. Would you not be angry? I mean crossfire between the army and the house should not be that high in the tree, unless they were planning to kill everyone on the main floor, the second
floor and the tree.
I said it before, if that were the case then the money US is giving Israel
should be spent on many new shooting ranges.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Thanks for the repost Djarums.

It does not however change the way I feel about this boy and all the other innocent souls...Israelis and Palestinians who are killed.

It is unfortunate that in war death is not confined to military personnel. There is no protective shield around anyone.

Alll children caught in this war between Israel and Palestine are guided by their parents who are under the spell of the propaganda machine.

Let's not blame the children, rather the fault lies with the adults who would
unashamedly use these innocent lives to keep the conflict in motion.

Are all Palestinians terrorists? I do not think so. Are all Israelis child killers ? I do not think so.

There are evil factions within both sides.

res

spelling

[edit on 28-8-2007 by resistancia]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join