It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Assassinates 11 Yr Old Sitting In A Fig Tree

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
we are all going abit off topic here lets get back to the actual topic someone said not sure if this thread is true, but it is likely it is i have heard off other things like this happening

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its caqlled stop our politicians from supporting a country that is a lie, and self destructive. THe real jewish people arent even in isreal. these people are all disobedient mutts. Thhe children of satan so to speak.. and no im not anti semitic, im anti liars. and self deceived murderers

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Al-Jazeera offers a slightly different take on this incident. Actually a very different take.

Why don't we all check out the link before posting further rhetoric (as much fun as that is!)

Al-Jazeera English

Scroll on down to the very last paragraph...

Mahmoud Karnawi, 13, was visiting a relative, an Islamic Jihad fighter, in Seida near Tulkarem on Friday when Israeli forces encircled the house they were in, sources said.

Neighbours said he was hit in the crossfire.

Tariq Mulhem, another 24-year-old Islamic Jihad fighter, was killed and Karnawi's relative arrested.

An army spokeswoman said Israeli forces found two Kalashnikov rifles, military vests and ammunition during the operation.

Yes this is tragic, but if you're not going to analyze events in the middle east properly, it's best not to comment on them.

See, what goes on in that region of the world is a lot more complicated than a television show where you can root for one side and boo the other. Complicated issues should require research and analysis before running around like chickens without heads and posting about Israel being "the land of the beast" (don't mean to single anyone out, yours stood out to me).

The report above is from Al Jazeera, hardly a friend of Israel, and yet the story differs dramatically from what was posted by the OP. Again, it's never justified that a child dies, but the story sure does look different here doesn't it.

Try reading that one, then commenting. Remember that part of Deny Ignorance is to resist knee-jerk reactions and look beneath the surface to critically analyze things.

"Neighbors said he was hit in the crossfire"... not "Neighbors said he was intentionally hit by laughing snipers while sitting in a fig tree playing games."

Same incident, two takes... Interesting isn't it

[edit on 8/27/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I posted meaningless examples of horrors committed by the other side. It was foolish so I removed it. War and hatred killed that child. All sides share in the guilt.

[edit on 8/27/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
This kid was the same age as my daughter.

It makes me wonder what I'd do if this happened to my family??

I can tell you my friend what you would do.You would do the same things groups like hamas and hezzbolla do.If you read the history of how many of these groups started,they started when Israel removed 700 thousand Palestinians from their homes.

I must admit if I was a Palestinian i would be half tempted or more than half tempted to join one of these groups myself.

Now that i said that,I can only pray the CIA does'nt knock on my door.heh

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What goes around, comes around. I will enjoy watching the nation of Israel die!!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
What goes around, comes around. I will enjoy watching the nation of Israel die!!

Whats with the extremist views? What have half the people who live in Israel ever done to you?

I really hope you don't get into politics otherwise it'd be world war 3.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

Originally posted by paul76

Whats with the extremist views? What have half the people who live in Israel ever done to you?

I really hope you don't get into politics otherwise it'd be world war 3.

Maybe after over 20 years I'm tired of Israel killing innocent people. I'm not a extremist, I'm antiwar. I'm just saying Israel will have no sympathy from any quarters when the inevitable happens.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
anti war, but you cant wait to see israel die? Me personally, I hope the two come to a mutual agreement. Israel isnt going anywhere, but neither should palestine. I don't agree with how israel came into existance, but whats done is done. What bother me is there expansion into the gaza strip and the other areas. This is what I feel is a big problem.

As for the fighting, lets not play sides. Israel and Palestine are equally at fault. Now I can see where the palestines are coming from, to be pissed of and all. They way they are handling it though is completely wrong. Israel is also handing the matter horribly.

If both groups aren't willing to compromise, its hard to see an end to this kind of violence. But they have brought it upon themselves, so neither side gets my sympathy.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
"Hey, they are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway!"

-ALL (i mean ALL) my orthodox jewish co-workers

Instead of having a slim chance of 1 boy being a freedom fighter, they have now assured that hundreds of people will join the cause.

Stupidity at its finest.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Israel = New age Nazi's, this is sick and very cruel. I wonder who it will
be that will stop them. I can not believe USA is actually siding with Israel.
Maybe that is what will lead to the next great war.
It will surely make a great film, Israel used to get picked on, the world helped
them, Israel picked on the world, the world destroyed it.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I'm sick and tired of Israel, I'm tired of their intolerance, I'm tired of thier pushiness, I'm tired of thier "holier than thou" attitude, and I'm tired of them illegally ocupying Israel and expecting us to help them support it. Just wait, their arrogance will lead them to do something so big that even the UN won't be able to ingore it. I'm guessing they will end up killing a whole bunch of Palestinians in on fail swoop, and just assume that the rest of the world holds the same ignorant view of Palestinians as they do. Their religious fanaticism imho will be their eventual demise. God will not save you from a Nuclear war that you create. Lets hope that is not their fallback plan, but their intellinence level based upon past actions leads me to believe that "God" may end up being the reason that Humanity fails. just my 2 cents.

Oh and for the record, I have zero problem with anyone of the Jewsih faith, just a huge problem with the illegal occupation of another country. Everyone knows that if you want to occupy a Country, you have to invade it first. As long as they have a huge natural resource you can profit from. There are rules here people.

You know something, I have been back and forth on this issue. I am Jewish. There is so much propoganda on both sides of the fence it's ridiculous.

I think everyone should watch the following presentation, though:
The truth about Israel

I may not happen to agree with Israeli politics, but it's so freaking annoying to hear everyone begrudge the Jewish people a tiny piece of land in the middle of the desert. Palestine could easily have made their land flourish, just as Israel did, but instead they like to whine and complain about it (in addition to their terrorism). Israel isn't perfect, and they obviously get tons of financial aid from America which I don't agree with. I think zionism is just as bad as naziism in many ways. But the politics of the government are not the desires of the people. Just as people in the U.S. want a free place to live and raise their family, so do the citizens of Israel.

People need to learn tolerance for other cultures, whomever they may be. If everyone properly educated themselves, this perpetual hatred would be non-existant.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
that kind of thing really shows that they are nothing more then animals. they are sick i hope they pay.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

People need to learn tolerance for other cultures, whomever they may be. If everyone properly educated themselves, this perpetual hatred would be non-existent.

The sound of one hand clapping
Your post should collect more stars than any other on ATS. If it does not we are still far from becoming civilized. If you said "yeah but" when you read Pjslug's post look inward

My first, tit for tat post, was foolish and unproductive.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
That's not how the ROE's should be. A counter sniper or any military solider must confirm the target before taking the shot. Especially if there is no fire coming from a particular direction or area. Shooting at individual people while not engaged in a current fire fight is a little different.

The ROE, yeah, I wish it could be that civil over there, but in a world where people are using children for war, sending them into the streets with Ak-47s, teaching them that the other side is filthy and born from pigs......encouraging suicide tactics with promise of a much grander lifestyle, brainwashing youth, and glorifying murder.

It's an awful thing to think about, but when even the children are carrying guns, I guess you don't really have much to think about other than

possible threat=shoot

just my 2 cents

Pancho

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

You are right in a way, however a country is labeled by it's politicians.
Take a look at Germany, not everyone in Germany were bad people but
people looked at the country, and labeled it as Nazis.
It is basically judging a book by it's cover. It is not right but we still do it.
As a Jewish individual you should speak to your leaders about this issue,
if it continues to happen then you will see an even bigger fight.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is just the kind of sick information that they have been doling out for years to desensitise the majority of population. I know it seems the opposite, but in reality it just works that way. The more people hear of these atrocities the more people shut down. There are so many stories like this one coming from around the world. This is propaganda for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Oh and for the record, I have zero problem with anyone of the Jewsih faith, just a huge problem with the illegal occupation of another country. Everyone knows that if you want to occupy a Country, you have to invade it first. As long as they have a huge natural resource you can profit from. There are rules here people.

Where do get your facts from? Palestine in biblical days was a region not a country. All so called Palestinians are from Egypt, Jordan and Syria. They came to Israel to work, You know like the Mexicans do in America. Israel has belonged to the Jews long before Yassar Arafat came up with his so called Palastian struggle. Yassar was from Egypt. All of this is Fact. Go talk to a Non Islamic educated Arab and they will tell you the same thing. So should all non American Indians leave America for Occupying it?
Have you ever asked yourself why the Arabs want the Israeli land so bad when they have all they need? And please don't say its because its their second or third holiest site because that Alasqa Mosque was not one in the 19Th century at all.

Mod Edit: Trimmed large quote. Please use the "REPLY TO:" if you wish to address an entire post.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Exactly. I urge everyone to watch the presentation I linked to in my previous post.

And KleverOne definately should get his facts straight about Israel, just as you, Skywatcher, mentioned some important facts.

Propaganda warps the minds of so many people. It's so sad, really. ATS is supposed to be the site of ignorance denial. There is more ignorance and lack of tolerance for other cultures being perpetrated on this site than almost anywhere. People respond to articles as if they are fact, no matter what the source of the article.

Again, I urge everyone to watch the presentation I linked to in my previous post if you wish to find out the facts about Israel.

Here it is again, in case you didn't feel like scrolling up:
The Truth about Israel

[edit on 8/27/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

You have got to be kidding? How many times did the Arab nations attack Israel without any provocation? Who won? Now who is Ignorant? Not you but the Arabs that Attacked a people who just wanted to live in peace in a place that God granted them.
I drives me nuts when I see people like you supporting these butchers who strap bombs to kids and that is a (fact).
Oh and by the way, Remember the kid that was shot crouched next to his father years ago. They proved that the Arab terrorist were the ones who killed him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join