It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Assassinates 11 Yr Old Sitting In A Fig Tree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Israel Assassinates 11 Yr Old Sitting In A Fig Tree

www.maannews.net

TULKAREM ­ Ma'an -- The Israeli occupying forces shot intensively at a child on Friday, while he was sitting in a fig tree in Seida village, near the northern West Bank town of Tulkarem.

11-year-old Mahmoud Al Qarnawi was left bleeding on the ground by the Israeli troops. When his mother asked the soldiers if her son was alive, they said "maybe"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

rense.com...

[edit on 27-8-2007 by RogerT]

[edit on 27-8-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
... speechless...

www.maannews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Sadly this happens every week in Palestina.

Palestinian Centre for Human Rights

16 - 22 August 2007

During the reporting period, IOF killed 16 Palestinians, including 3 children, and wounded 18 others, including 2 children, in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

For some more news from the front lines of Palestine I suggest:
Electronic Intifada

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nasty brutal things happen
in conflicts on both sides.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This kid was the same age as my daughter.

It makes me wonder what I'd do if this happened to my family??

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
It makes me wonder what I'd do if this happened to my family??

Hence why the violence is just a spiral that never ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well seriously all those palestinian kids deserve whats coming to them. Playing in a tree! Pfft! Should be made illegal. REally. What sort of world are we living in where kids play in trees? Are we all going to return to being monkeys? Next thing you know they'll start throwing rocks! Slinging Poo!

Though ...
I'm sure the israeli's thought when they saw someone in the tree was: "SNIPER IN THE TREE!!!! GOGOGO!!!" Bam, splat.

War is sad to see.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's not how the ROE's should be. A counter sniper or any military solider must confirm the target before taking the shot. Especially if there is no fire coming from a particular direction or area. Shooting at individual people while not engaged in a current fire fight is a little different.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
These people must come to justice.

A father or mother shouldn't bury their own child.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah that's right I forgot, when the Israeli forces aren't playing football they like to hunt down and kill little kids just for sport!

Consider the source this story comes from, the ma'an news agency reports everything from a standpoint of hardcore Palestinian bias. I'm sure there is more to the story than what has been implicated here.

Edit:
sp. mistakes

[edit on 27-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wow, it seems this is old news from some of the posts here - or just what we accept as collateral damage.

Am I the only one COMPLETELY OUTRAGED that trained military personnel gun to death an 11 year old in a tree because he is 'wanted for resisting the occupation' !!

Can we hear from some military trained types, preferably those who are or have been in charge. If soldiers under your command did this, would that be considered ok?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No way are you the only one outraged over this, Rog...

This example is but one of many disgusting examples of Israeli overkill....Sure the Israeli's bleat about the Palestinians shooting rockets over Haifa or whatever, but when you look at the body count and the prisoner count, who is the major aggressor here ?

Good post Rog

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Hey, they are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway!"

-ALL (i mean ALL) my orthodox jewish co-workers

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
"Hey, they are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway!"

-ALL (i mean ALL) my orthodox jewish co-workers

That mentality is spread throughout the Israeli Community. These people will justify any thing as long as it furthers the goal of occupying Isreal with Jewish settlement. You have to admire their tenacity, but I'd be scared to death of their black and white religious mentality. Oh and if you oppose cutting off support to Israel, better be prepared to face one of the most biased, selfesh, powerful groups in the United States, The AIPAC. Regardless if what they are doing is totally illegal! I just hope your not looking to be re-elected.

I'm sick and tired of Israel, I'm tired of their intolerance, I'm tired of thier pushiness, I'm tired of thier "holier than thou" attitude, and I'm tired of them illegally ocupying Israel and expecting us to help them support it. Just wait, their arrogance will lead them to do something so big that even the UN won't be able to ingore it. I'm guessing they will end up killing a whole bunch of Palestinians in on fail swoop, and just assume that the rest of the world holds the same ignorant view of Palestinians as they do. Their religious fanaticism imho will be their eventual demise. God will not save you from a Nuclear war that you create. Lets hope that is not their fallback plan, but their intellinence level based upon past actions leads me to believe that "God" may end up being the reason that Humanity fails. just my 2 cents.

Oh and for the record, I have zero problem with anyone of the Jewsih faith, just a huge problem with the illegal occupation of another country. Everyone knows that if you want to occupy a Country, you have to invade it first. As long as they have a huge natural resource you can profit from. There are rules here people.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm with ya on this, Klev

They seem to have way more influence than they should outside their own country, for such a small population...

Money talks, BS walks, etc...

same old
(

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I think Hikix was using sarcasm - well I do hope so

I doubt the Israeli occupation apologists have the balls to join this thread.

IMHO it will be something like this, the slaying of a loan child, that will be the occupying force's downfall, rather than a mass murder.

Israel has been steadily losing its 'victimhood' status over the past few years - at least 'Outside the US'

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I'm sorry i wasn't being sarcastic. A few months ago when the whole Lebanon thing went down i was venting about the use of cluster bombs and phosporous bombs by the isreali's. They were all smiling and told me who cares if those kids die, they are going to grow up to be terrorists. Theres a bunch of them here, they all seem to share the same sentiment, that somehow they are better then any other race of humans.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Then I think you underestimate the state of ignorace that fuels Israel. I only wish he was being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
reply to post by RogerT

I'm sorry i wasn't being sarcastic. A few months ago when the whole Lebanon thing went down i was venting about the use of cluster bombs and phosporous bombs by the isreali's. They were all smiling and told me who cares if those kids die, they are going to grow up to be terrorists. Theres a bunch of them here, they all seem to share the same sentiment, that somehow they are better then any other race of humans.

Ouch!

OK, let the monsters show their ugly faces then. It's good to know who to run away from .... just don't run up a tree!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
terrible after reading the link i felt so sorry for the family i dont no how to take a quot from the link but it mentions his head was split open by the bullets how terrible how on earth can you mistaken a child for a soldier oh of course we are talking about israel troops who shoot anything that moves and they still get away?

someone on here said his fault for playing on a tree thin line your own mate kis here in uk always climbing trees drinking fighting but do you see them shot no watch what you say that is offencsive.

you cant blaim a 11 year old boy just playing for god sake he was 11 and those soldiers should be put in prison for the rest there lives how wrong are they saying to the mother if you move him we will kill you or waiting till he died then leaving well he was no sniper no wounder why they take up arms how would you feel if your 11 year old boy was killed by soldiers for doing nothing but playing.

also some you people on here disgust me on how easily you prush this away shame on you!!

ps my heart goes out to the family and i shall pray for them and peace in the region

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join