It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
realy good vid,and what a fantastic man he is.Its a shame he had to do the party tricks and perform like a monkey for its master.

The scary thing is there might be some old masters out there a lot better than he is-and we will never know as they keep themself to themself

[edit on 7-8-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just one question...

apparently in the clips the guy could heat up his hand to something like 10 (deg) C below water's boiling point... if thats the case wouldn't his hand get burnt from the heat released ? O.o

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
I have seen it at a lot martial arts demos to be honest, pupils just blindly following there instructors and not asking "why?" thats how all these frauds get away with it!! but atleast at Aikido demos the teacher actually makes physical contact with his opponent instead of some magical airy fairy force.

Magical airy-fairy force.

Funny.

When I was about 20 or so me and a few friends went to a dojo down on the coast (I wont give any names lol) half way through the lesson the teacher stopped the class and asked me and my friends about our style of Aikido. When we asked why, he said we were far more agressive with our techniques then he seen before, it was funny this teacher taught the same style and had written books on Aikido, just goes to show you that not all teachers are the same!!

That makes sense since there is a wide variation of Korean and Japanese martial arts teachers and styles in the U.S.

I'm sorry Paul but I think we will have to agree to disagree on this, as I have witnessed many strange things in my life but nothing that proves to me that Ki/chi is as powerful (outside of the body) as it is made out to be by some teachers. Levitation and the like where just stories told by the first westners who witnessed martial arts being demonstrated for the first time. Just like the samurai seeing the first ninjas as some sort of demon.

I've witnessed demonstrations of telekinesis before and (rarely) have done it myself in different ways. In light of that, experience can be the best teacher.

Originally posted by Realtruth
The reason you will not see anything like this in the west is because 99.9% of the people lack the focus and discipline to achieve these types of results, not to mention qualified masters.

In the US it is all about Ego and Money thus most so called masters or teachers haven't put the time in and/or have not learned from a true master from the east, it's all about the money and locking students into contracts. The true essence of martial arts in the west is only physical at best.

There is much truth to the above statement

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am not going to say whether this is a hoax or authentic, but I do think much of what I saw could be a trick...

The newspaper on fire...why did he tear it into two pieces and then crumple it together. We did not see it unfolded. Perhaps there were two different chemicals that were placed on each page and when the two pages were crumpled together the chemical reaction heated and poof? Or perhaps an cinder from his cigerette was palmed and placed into the paper while he crumpled it?

The chopstick through the surface of a table. Pre drilled and puddied up..easy with a white surface. Or perhaps at that dinner table while dining he drilled from the underside while sitting and then lined up the chopstick with the hole under the table and pushed it up through the laminate? I would be more impressed if he did it with a plain board showing the natural grain of the wood.

The bb gun pellet...he could have palmed the pellet from the tin can he just shot and then shot an empty round of air and showed the crushed pellet.

The spinning dagger. There was and object beside it on the table...magnet?

The chi energy while healing that appeared visibly to cause people to spasm or feel the shock? No good answer, possibly a trick or possibly the real deal. I believe in Chi and have been a martial artists my whole life. I have masters do some impressive things in my life. I once saw a master sit infront of a large flat black river stone that was sitting on top of an iron plate and stike it several times with his bare fist over a period of ten minutes until it was broken into several pieces. Nothing flashy, but still the most authentic and stunning demonstration I have ever seen. Each blow needed to be perfectly aligned to avoid destroying the bones in his hand. It required an incredible amount of skill and concentration. I have also seen less ethical martial artists bake boards in ovens to make them more brittle.

I don't dicount the possibility that this guy could be a combination. Able to summon a real phenomenum as far as the chi energy as well as being practiced in the arts of illusion.

I guess I am saying that the skeptic in me has doubts about much of what is demonstrated here, but the optimist in me wants to belive

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I've witnessed him knock people off their feet without touching them. I've spoken to many students who had experiences with him, one had said he felt like he'd thrown a knife into his foot and pinned him to the floor with only a kiai (spiritual shout) and a point of his finger, another had said when training with him he was surrounded by multiple versions of him in his mind, he didn't know which was real.
He as well as many involved in the art are able to avoid strikes from behind with eyes closed, It's a standard requirement at higher levels and really not difficult to perform. I've seen it done thousands of times and have done it myself many times, when in a clear state of mind or mushin, 100% success rate is not uncommon.

ok, i had to stop quoting here. i'm sorry man but you sound insane...
seriously..
a spiritual shout that made his students foot hurt????? id the sensei slip the student a c-note after cause thats a short con...

you can avoid strikes from behind with your eyes closed?? your sensei can..?

meh

you have to wonder why these dudes that can knock people down without touching them and hurt them with a spiritual yell never enter mma or something...

it is UNREAL what some people believe.

meditation, chi, all that...yes, i think it is real and i think with great concentration you can achieve a feeling of being enlightened or strengthened.
i believe you can probably control your breathing better than most and if ready, take a hit to the diaphram but all this knocking people down without touching them, spiritual shouts and the like...

thats too funny.
sounds like a grifter to me...just my opinion

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I know what you are talking about squiz, in certain Martial Arts disciplines when you reach certain level you are taught things that have nothing to do with the physical world. The Chi can be used in many different ways, it is even possible to drain the energy of another person without touching said person even if he/she does not believe it.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

dude, i spewed my coffee.
sorry but thats funny.

i am LOVING all these stories of all these fantastic things these traditional martial arts 'masters' can do and how so many of you have seen such a thing....
loving it...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
you want to get in tune with your inner chi and maybe even learn how to defend yourself?

take up muay thai
take up greco or folk wrestling
take up mma
take up sport jui jitsu

get the whole program going...diet, excercise, correct workouts, plyo's, etc....
you will be able to do some amazing things too and actually be functional..

you're never gonna tap someone via spiritual shout. you're never gonna knock someone out without touching them...
don't matter how long you go up in the rainforest and sit in the dew. not happening.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've seen a video of a renchi of a school I attended for a while, where he stuned a oncomming bull. No joke, one punch and the thing went down. I would never imagine that skinny, little man doing something like that. As far as the person that saw a sensei stop his students with a yell, I have had something similar happen to me. I was instructed to attack my teacher and as soon as he counter attacked he yelled, the sheer force of his voice shocked me and almost kept me in a daze waiting for him to finish. I have also heard mention of directing ones chi when sparring towrds some one through the position of the fingers. Might just be that they look menacing, but I'll tell you from first hand experiance that the fight is usually more mentally draining when some one "directs" their attack with their hands before they move. It is kind of like prompting but that is just it, you can move just a finger to the left, and the guy will block or move left. I've done it, bruce lee had a similar theory in his book about deceiving the enemy with subtle hints as to what one was going to do, then doing the opposite or slightly different than what you "think" or made them think.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If there was no truth to any of these claims then how would these arts surrvive for thousands of years. I dont think that its just because you get to wear cool outfits. I think its because it has proven itself to be viable. The more obscure things, sure go ahead and doubt them all you want, but the fact that the human body is capable of more than typing, running and thinking is well and obviouse to me. Oh and maybe punching and kicking every now and again.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz

Kuki nage (the air throw) is in the mind and has to do with intent it's not a manifestation of chi, It's not meant for nor is it applicable to real fighting.

^^^^NONE of the traditional martial arts that are being mentioned in this thread are...sure, tai chi, karate, bak mei, whatever you want is practical if you are fighting a bum and you can execute your dragon strike...you take a black belt in or a 5 year student in one of these 'traditional' styles that trach strikes that can kill and such and pit them against a 6 month wrestler or jui jitsu fighter, and they're done.....its' THAT simple...

UFC is a sport and not REAL martial arts. The sport martial arts are everywhere there are few real martial art traditions in comparison. The difference is whether or not your prepared to take someones eye out. There are techniques that can kill quite easily, you won't find them in the sport martial arts though. Hmmm.... I think that would be braking the rules.

^^^^^i don't even know what you;re on about during this whole deal..again, look up mcdojo, bullshido, subfighter, etc...there are many, many videos of 'closed door matches' of kung fu 'masters' against jui jitsu students or one of the gracies back in the day and they get owned every time....jason delucia(black belt in seveal traditional styles and practices jeet kun do) fought royce gracie in ufc 2...gracie broke his arm from the bottom....bwuahahahahahah....ufc is not a sport, it is an organization. the sport is called mma. just to clear that up. there is hardly any tradition(with the exception of the gracie diet) because the traditional parts of it are what was making it ineffective...
how come people don't know this by now...bruce lee and his wing chung...sure, he was awesome against the wooden man...his 2 inch punch and 2 finger pushups.....YAWN....
would have LOVED to see him go up against a young rorion gracie or rolls...bwuahahahahahh
back to the kill strikes. you don't think any number of these muay thai strikes and/or chokes can kill you?

Real martial arts intend for a fight to last only seconds.

^^^what are you saying? is ing chun a real martial art? so, they train to end th ematch in senconds? if you pit two wing chun masters against each other, would it be over in seconds or would it last all day?
come on man.....use the noodle

I found your comments a little amusing coming from an aikido instructor, My opinion of many aikido demonstrations would be similar to what you have described above, mostly I see people throwing themselves. That's what I'd call fraudulent. No offense just my opinion.

^^^i would also agree. aikido sure looks fantastic but unless you are going against someone who knows nothing about nothing, it is all together not practical for fighting, imo.

People are always skeptical when I tell them they can dodge an unseen blow from behind, they soon change their minds when they realize they can do it as well.

^^^^^if you lived near me, i would love to challenge this and film it so we could put it here. i would either look really dumb or you would be bleeding. makes for a fun day huh?

i hate to be so harsh against the traditionals but i can't help it. shy of keeping up with tradition, giving you a workout, teaching you flexability and discipline, which are all good things, that is where their benefits stop, imo.
if you want to learn to fight in a practical environment your BEST bet is to get into some sort of mma traning.
if not, muay thai if you want to stand up or if you like to roll(i do) then get into it. wrestling, jui jitsu, sambo, etc..
those are the styles that teach you to end a fight as fast as possible.
of course, we take it to sport and attaxh rules to it..

if you think a few year grappler or muay thai striker can turn you out in 10 seconds, you're very wrong....

i took tae kwon do myself for a few years. then i realized that high kicks and the like are not effective...
no more van dammage for me.
i started grappling and then as if a miracle happened, in 1995 the ufc came out..it was wonderful.

in the end, let me pick 10 mma guys, then from my 10 you pick 1. we put that 1 against 3(rounds with time but no rules) of yours, with a 15 minute rest in between, and i'd bet on my 1 all day, any day......
if you want to spend 40 year in the jungle so MAYBE you can turn on an LED, go ahead...
me, if i was still able i would use my time to cross train, and work my cardio....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
If there was no truth to any of these claims then how would these arts surrvive for thousands of years.

Because people want desperately to believe. They want to believe that with a bit of training, ordinary people like themselves can overcome basic fundamental forces of nature. I heard of a story going around for a couple thousand years that there was once this guy who could walk on water, and raise the dead, and even rose from the dead himself after being beaten and crucified. It's an interesting story presented without a speck of proof, and people have actually been known to torture and kill other people who didn't believe in it. That's hardcore. That's how fearful people are of the power of nature and life and their own eventual deaths. They'll believe anything that suggests they have any kind of power against it.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is freakin Amazing!! I want to tap harness this power, my Chi!!!! I cant believe this, just simply amazing, goes to show you that human are capable of much more then we are led to believe. I bet in western culture this is what is considered the equivalent of witchcraft, and was banned due to the rest of the peasants not being able to comprehend how to go about it. Therefore people were then enraged they couldn't control the elements in this way. So they simply just killed those who could and the secrets have been scattered and or lost....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If there was no truth to any of these claims then how would these arts surrvive for thousands of years. I dont think that its just because you get to wear cool outfits. I think its because it has proven itself to be viable. The more obscure things, sure go ahead and doubt them all you want, but the fact that the human body is capable of more than typing, running and thinking is well and obviouse to me. Oh and maybe punching and kicking every now and again.

no solid answer other than i don't know. i can speculate.
people are gullible. people want to beleive...a placebo effect.
after bowing to your master with your uniform on for 10 years after writing him a check every month, maybe you believe what he says..

i don't know...
i think the traditional marital arts are beautiful. i hope they never go away but they are more aesthetic(sp) i think.
a lot of the styles were molded from watching animals or insects fight.
you know, praying mantis kung fu, drunken monkey, and on and on..
they were meant to mimick certain movements and that is what they viewed as important.

bruce lee had started to touch on other philosophies like grappling and joint manipulations. close fighting and tossing out all the traditional things that did not work.

sad to say though, down in brazil they had been doing it long before bruce lee was even born.
use what is effective and toss the rest.
see gracie jui jitsu
see luta livre....

they have been doing no holds barred, 'anything goes' matches down there for 70 years or more.....

lots of things survive...don't mean they're real.
the monks coulsn't fly? you can't knock people down without touching them...it don't work that way.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bruce lee once said that the best sparring partner is a mad man that knows nothing of martial arts...I totaly agree...though STRONGLY recomend not doing so unless you CAN take pain. Either way, with things like this you get what you put in..and for everyone its purpose is different. I can think of one quote I learned when I trained "first remember the obviouse threats in life, then learn the serets to your weekness"

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I know what you are talking about squiz, in certain Martial Arts disciplines when you reach certain level you are taught things that have nothing to do with the physical world. The Chi can be used in many different ways, it is even possible to drain the energy of another person without touching said person even if he/she does not believe it.

Originally posted by Boondock78

dude, i spewed my coffee.
sorry but thats funny.

i am LOVING all these stories of all these fantastic things these traditional martial arts 'masters' can do and how so many of you have seen such a thing....
loving it...

Dude...you need to "empty your cup" and try to learn from all this. Only fools laugh at what they don't understand.

In light of this, I have to back up what Muaddib stated above with my own direct experience. It stems from an incident that happened back in 1981 when I was about 20 and worked as a part-time martial arts instructor at a (now defunct) health spa at a local mall.

There I was with my Gi on in one of the exercise rooms. Then my intuitive alarms went off but I didn't know what the problem was.

I soon found out...

In walks a middle-aged, Caucasian gentleman with a warm-up suit on. He goes over to the stationary bicycle and starts to peddle.

Within seconds of him walking in, I started to feel dizzy and felt much like I do when I am ill and about to pass out.

I know my body. When I pass out, it happens in stages.

So I diplomatically addressed and questioned this middle-aged man with the dark hair.

Turns out he was an Aikido stylist.

Oh...it gets better

His father was an Aikido master who taught him since he was a boy. Somehow he learned over the years to project a purple thought form around anyone in his immediate physical vicinity who he felt physically threatened by.

Which is why I was targeted.

Hmmm I thought, this is definitely someone I could learn from.

On a subsequent meeting at the spa in the same room, I wore about my neck a triangular-shaped quartz crystal pendant that I had been working with at that timeframe to direct and build-up Chi/Ki/Prana/God Force energy for various purposes.

So we wound up doing an "exercise" together.

We sat facing each other, about a foot or two apart, and worked on draining the energy from the other person. I focused on using my triangular quartz crystal pendant and he did it directly with his purple thought form. We visualized and breathed in energy in the process.

As what turned out to be one of the highlights of my early training with telekinesis, after our little drain duel, he said to me...

"That's pretty good."

Since then I have learned to do this technique without the need of a quartz crystal or any other apparatus.

Nothing takes the place of experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Dude...you need to "empty your cup" and try to learn from all this. Only fools laugh at what they don't understand.

you're rolling eyes at me and then you go to tell a fantastic story...THAT is funny.

so you are in your gi, at the place you teach at, which is a spa in the mall, and an aikido stylist owns you with his mind cause he feels threatened by you???

i can't take this....it's too much

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
boon dock have you EVER been trained in martial arts?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
you're rolling eyes at me and then you go to tell a fantastic story...THAT is funny.

It's funny because there is much more out there than you are aware of.

It's funny because you don't see the forest for the trees.

And it really isn't all that fantastic.

But it does constitute experience.

Which is what you need to cultivate.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

boon dock have you EVER been trained in martial arts?

i took tae kwon do when i was a kid. sat in on a couple tai chi classes.
then, i started wrestling and grappling when i was about 12. i wrestled in junior and highschool and at the same time started to box. shortly after that i dropped the boxing and went to muay thai....

i got hurt when i was 18(not related) so i had to stop training. my little bros were in the high school team then so i would go to the practices and help out but nothing physical...i had a good year when i was 25 and trained a bit but i am 29 now and nothing.

why do you ask?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
This is freakin Amazing!! I want to tap harness this power, my Chi!!!! I cant believe this, just simply amazing, goes to show you that human are capable of much more then we are led to believe.

A good start would be to learn how to do Qigong (Chi-Gong).

I bet in western culture this is what is considered the equivalent of witchcraft, and was banned due to the rest of the peasants not being able to comprehend how to go about it.

Exactly

And the Christian churches feared that and persecuted those who pursued it.

On a discarnate level, the battle translated into "Christian angels" in discarnate communities who would strive to have a dominant influence over those who channeled the "Pagan spirits" who represented their own discarnate communities.

Therefore people were then enraged they couldn't control the elements in this way. So they simply just killed those who could and the secrets have been scattered and or lost....

Jealousy and fear can lead to the slaughter of innocents.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join