It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
I really dont know why you waste your time on these forums, you despise everything you see and hear so much I find it funny that you even bother to visit this place. You seem very secure with your view of normality. Fine, go in peace and leave us to our dreams then, whats it to you???

go...GO.

Hey, I enjoy good fiction, too. Interesting stories of people with amazing abilities who come to the rescue and maybe get us thinking that there might be a little more to our average lives than would first appear. Fun stories. But this isn't even good fiction. This is cheap trickery. And rather than giving us inspiration, it just mocks our ignorance. It's no different than someone taking a photo of a hubcap they've tossed into the air and saying it's aliens from Jupiter. It actually cheapens the truly unusual and unknown.

If you believe choose to believe in this cheap hokum, then you can just ignore me and bask in the warmth of your own righteous foolishness. There's not much I can do about it. I would, however, like to encourage you to bypass this kind of nonsense, see it for what it really is, and set your sights a little higher on the true mysteries around you.

It's ultimately up to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Originally posted by itikins

Tell that to the practitioner in the video, I noticed he wears glasses which I assume he had to see a doctor to acquire...

Hmmmm, just looked at the second video and the practitioner does put on a pair of glasses in that section where they are talking about objects possessed by spirits. One would think that he could cure himself of nearsightedness but I guess not ... but this is not to say that maybe he cannot correct that problem in others.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Palasheea]

glasses or no glasses it doesnt matter. it doesnt mean anything.

even if he couldnt cure his eyes though he cured others. he is just one person.

where he fails...another person will succeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
To all of the people skeptical of this subject, that is your choice and we have all been given the right to decide what is real or fake in our own mind. Having said that. The study of chi-kung is a study of the energy that resides in all of us, you do not have to be from the east or anywhere else special. There is not some holy mountain that you have to climb to achieve this, the mountain is inside your self. This study is a life long endevor and does not come to you with out hard work. I did not take the time to watch the video, I didnt fell the need to reinforce the things that I have seen in my life with people who would step off of the path. If this was a sciencetific experiment then the chances are that someone got paid, thus negating the whole principle of chi kung. The Tao te Ching is a good book to read to help you understand this conceot, however you need someone who has studied this or has taught it to more fully understand it,

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
glasses or no glasses it doesnt matter. it doesnt mean anything.

It matters based on the fact you stated that in practicing this art, you'd never ever need a doctor... And yet the video of the practitioner clearly shows him wearing glasses which directly contradicts your statement.

The notion that a practioner can't heal himself but others, was not put forth until after the point in which your statement was shown to entail a contradiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sun tsu
To all of the people skeptical of this subject, that is your choice and we have all been given the right to decide what is real or fake in our own mind. Having said that. The study of chi-kung is a study of the energy that resides in all of us, you do not have to be from the east or anywhere else special. There is not some holy mountain that you have to climb to achieve this, the mountain is inside your self. This study is a life long endevor and does not come to you with out hard work. I did not take the time to watch the video, I didnt fell the need to reinforce the things that I have seen in my life with people who would step off of the path. If this was a sciencetific experiment then the chances are that someone got paid, thus negating the whole principle of chi kung. The Tao te Ching is a good book to read to help you understand this conceot, however you need someone who has studied this or has taught it to more fully understand it,

I know about Chi, and I know its a very powerful thing, and it may be that it exists in a form simliar to this. But I dont want people Godwin'ed into thinking that if they think this is fake, then obviously they are saying Chi is fake. Nothing could be further, at least not in my mind.

I base my information solely, repeat SOLELY on the video given.
Its a Hoax.

Not that I didnt think it was entertaining.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I read a book about this man called Nei Kung Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages by Kosta Danaos

and the author found John Chang at his home, where he teaches and practices "internal power". Chang has actually made a fortune in other business endeavors and part of the philosophy of the school was to *not* charge for the martial arts/meditation training.

The school is based on the idea that each individual human being has massive amounts of power and each person has a special "gift" (like healing, or speaking in tongues, or languages, etc. similar to the "gifts of the Holy Spirit") that becomes apparent once you meditate enough to build up your internal energy. They do not consider it 'magic' at all... apparently if you basically practice every day, meditate, and build up your skills, it takes a proscribed amount of time (years, if not decades) to get to this master level.

The author's point is that everyone has access to this same type of ch'i energy.

I'd love to hear from others on the board who practice meditation or martial arts: have you experienced anything like this?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I had my dad take a look at this...

My dad is one of our countries greatest close up magicians and illusionists (the kind of stuff this guy may have done).

He reckons that everything on this video could be fake... if:

Everyone involved was in on it.
And 'DJ' was very VERY VERY good!

A magicians greatest weapon is misdirection, of which I see none.

In my and his opinion. This is genuine.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am also a strong believer that human beings are capable of far more than most of us are aware. I believe that with faith in our own abilities along with the know how, we are capable of great things.

An experiment I'd love to try, but for obvious reasons never would:

Raise a child from birth in the belief that he is able to perform incredible acts, telekineses, psychic communication, healing etc. The parents would have to fake these abilities in order to trick the child into thinking it is a normal part of life. That there is nothing special about these things. Without and negative reinforcement I'm pretty sure the kid would be able to perform these acts for real, without thinking twice about it. He would have no reason to doubt himself.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Its a very nice idea, unfortunatley I dont believe its anything but a rather elegantly and patiently pulled off magic trick. Sky Three's hardly the channel to turn to for ground breaking science.
I think the thing with the gun looked so fake, as did the chopstick (ramming it through a table is not magic), the most impressive bit was the LED by a long way.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The first time I saw this man he appeared in a documentary made by the two brothers in the film called East of Krakatoa. It was about a journey they had taken through the Indonesian islands. It was a three part PBS documentary and was narrrated by Richard Gere. The quigong master in the clips on this thread was the most spectacular part of the documentary but he was by no means the only amazing thing in the documentary.

The people of Indonesia have an ancient tradition of spirit and ancestor worship that lays beneath their outwardly Muslim exterior. The lore surrounding their daggers, called kris's, is part of their spirit tradition. During the making of a kris, the metal working masters will go into a trance and leave their fingerprints on the still heated metal of the kris so that the prints are worked into the metal.

Most people are not aware of the world wide tradition of ancestor and spirit worship. Correction, most people in the industrial west are not aware of these things. In actual fact the vast majority of people in the world are very aware of them. The radical materialism of western scientists is actually a quirky notion held by a small fringe group within humanity as a whole. The ideas of these materialists are disproven daily in the lives of huge numbers of people around the world.

A word of warning however. The kind of abilities shown by this quigong master are the source of many difficulties in the world. In the west, for all practical purposes the courts are the last resort in settling disputes. In places like Indonesia, Haiti, Jamaica, Brazil and many other places around the world where these spirit religions are well intrenched and practised by many, the court of last resort is spirit coercion, black magic and black meditation. All of the hullabaloo and fussing and fighting is merely transferred to a more subtle and sometimes very hazardous plane.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by ipsedixit]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by Don Wahn
That video was incredible. I cant believe that these powers are just laying latent within all of us. It just goes to show that energy can be channeled from within you, if you know how to control it

I have this strong urge to start meditating now.

Anyone else?

Uh no, these powers are not latent. Such things are mediated by demons. That is why the Bible forbids witchcraft. The purpose of meditation is to empty your mind so that it offers no resistance to demon possession. Chase after this at your peril. Once the demons are there, they may manifest so called powers, which are just parlor tricks for them. If you want to see real power, in the same country as this clown, christians are raising the dead, through the power of Jesus Christ.

www.megashift.org...

I'm sorry. Had to add my 2 cents regarding this.
You linked to a page that SELLS a book teaching resurrection...

That's great! Cause I hear God's a big fan of profit gained through his name!
Nice one!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Astyanax, so you are saying that both of these practitioners are frauds?

Not only that, but every single such 'practitioner' in the history of the world -- anyone who ever claimed a smidgen of supernatural power -- is or was a fraud. Some were honest frauds, sincerely deluded people who believed their own ravings. Others were barefaced confidence-men. Most probably fell somewhere between these two extremes. It doesn't matter; they're all fakes in the sense that they cannot truly achieve the miracles they claim.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
First off I have to admit I did not read the entire thread, I caught some parts but not all. I did watch the videos and I am not at all shocked and this is no secret to me at all. It is simply the power of Chi.

I have studied Jiu Jitsu on and off for about 6 years now. Never fully committed, certainly never focused. I have just always loved learning how to manipulate joints using very little effort. What I have always loved about it is that the discipline is made for a smaller person vs a larger opponent. I am 5'6" and 1/2 not what you would call a big guy by any stretch of the imagination. To get to the point... over the years I have met a lot of interesting people including 2 Masters. Chi is unbelievable, there are really no words to describe it. It is even more insane to think that this ability is within every single living being on this planet. Chi is really all about energy and focus. The first time I saw an example of Chi I was with my friend (and future Sensei) and he was just beginning to introduce me to Jiu Jitsu. He took me to his Sensei who was putting together a video to send to his Teachers in Japan. I watched as two very large guys ( 5'11" and 6'2" and they weighed 210 and 235 respectively) grabbed him, one on each arm. The Sensei had his fist closed and his arms at his side, and he literally threw them both off without ever moving. I would say he MAYBE flinched just a little. Certainly no movement that would justify they way these two guys flew across the room. I couldn't believe what I saw and when I say he threw, I mean he threw them. They sailed off of him about 4 to 5 feet and landed flat on their backsides.

I have watched others move objects across a table as well as put out a candle from 10 feet away. I myself got to a point where I could put out a candle from 9 inches away.

I was unaware of Chi being used for healing, however I must say I can see it as being very possible but I would probably have to experience it for myself before I truly believed it.

I guess all I really wanted to say is Chi is very real. It is not some crazy hokus pokus bunch of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I agree with Astyanax that there are no supernatural powers and no miracles, if by miracle one means effect wrought by supernatural means. Having said that I think that DJ can do everything depicted in the film and probably a whole lot more.

DJ himself is quoted as having said that there is no difference between him and anyone else, except for the training he has undertaken. Anybody can do this stuff if they have the discipline to do what it takes. It's part of the human toolbox.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've been involved in martial arts for over 20 years, I've seen and experienced some truly miraculous things first hand, having had the privilege of training with a grandmaster in one particular tradition, I've witnessed him knock people off their feet without touching them. I've spoken to many students who had experiences with him, one had said he felt like he'd thrown a knife into his foot and pinned him to the floor with only a kiai (spiritual shout) and a point of his finger, another had said when training with him he was surrounded by multiple versions of him in his mind, he didn't know which was real.
He as well as many involved in the art are able to avoid strikes from behind with eyes closed, It's a standard requirement at higher levels and really not difficult to perform. I've seen it done thousands of times and have done it myself many times, when in a clear state of mind or mushin, 100% success rate is not uncommon.
My first experience with him he said he'd stop the rain so we could train outside, it had been raining all day, it stopped exactly when he said it would.
As for spiritual healing and physic like abilities, it is very real, I know this not from books and videos but from real experience.

You don't have to believe any of this, it doesn't really matter to me, just consider that you may be rejecting something truly life changing and empowering.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
David Blaine and Criss Angel do the same tricks. I realize this site is about things that are out of the ordinary and such, but let's be a little smart about this video.

In the second video you could tell the so-called involuntary movements by the patients were not involunatary at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was reading this thread when it first started and it seemed like everyone was just going on what they saw in the videos, and whether they believed it or not. I was unsure, as I guess it could be faked (not easily, though).

But reading some of the latter posts now, especially the people who say they've seen Chi first hand and have been training in martial arts etc (I have no reason not to believe you at the moment), it looks like this stuff could indeed be very real, and I'd love to have the chance to learn it.. but I guess that's not gonna happen :p

On a side note... my uncle had lived in Indonesia for several years (he's now living in Singapore teaching english - as a foreign language - over there). When he came back a few years ago he bought a Kris back here with him (I don't know how he got it through customs though), and he gave it to me. I've had it hanging on the wall in my room for a few years now - it's on the floor at the moment though, but I never knew that Kris' were so spiritual etc.

I was researching about them last night and found a lot of interesting things out... apparently most of them have a spiritual presence about them, which now makes me feel a bit uneasy about mine... if I'm to believe this lol

Does anyone else know much about Kris', and the spirits etc?

[edit on 7/8/2007 by nickh]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
But this stuff is obviously the same kind of hocus-pocus that clever olks have been doing in small villages and markets for thousands of years.

How do you know that for a fact?...

There still are entire cultures in which certain children are adopted into monasteries to learn such mysteries, and when they are advanced enough they can do things noone else can do...

We are more than just physical matter, we are energy, and yes it is possible to use that energy to do things like shown in the second video. (i didn't look at the first video)

It is very naive for some to claim such things are just hocus-pocus... but more often than not such claims are made by people in the west who have never experienced such wonders.

What that man was performing on those patients is known to be true in many cultures, in the west it is known as "Reiki", which is an ancient Japanese technique, also called "laying on hands", or the ability to heal with the hands.

BTW, why is this in the skunk works?.... i have seen real skunk work material being passed as something real in the forums....

This shouldn't be in skunk works.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
enough...we all know every human being has powers....being chi energy or something else...debunkers trying to say everything is magic tricks annoy me more even then ufo debunkers...maybe i should come to you,put my arm on ur chest...and when my arm gets really hot u will believe ha?
great thread bravos to the poster

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
Does anyone else know much about Kris', and the spirits etc?

It can be used as a channel, like other objects could also be used as a channel for spirits.

Certain cultures stick to an object or some objects as the way to communicating with the spirit world, but in truth the object is not that important, the object is just an instrument being used to focus energy.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join