It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I watched the vid and everything I saw came across very convincingly.

To outright call this a hoax is uncalled for without thorough investigation, IMO.

Masqua, I would even request this be moved out of skunk works and into one of the forums.

Whoever made the hastily decision to put this in skunk works was wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I've been involved in martial arts for over 20 years, I've seen and experienced some truly miraculous things first hand, having had the privilege of training with a grandmaster in one particular tradition, I've witnessed him knock people off their feet without touching them.

I know what you are talking about squiz, in certain Martial Arts disciplines when you reach certain level you are taught things that have nothing to do with the physical world. The Chi can be used in many different ways, it is even possible to drain the energy of another person without touching said person even if he/she does not believe it.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A friend of mine took karate during high school. One day I went with him because he said his teacher could do things that seemed impossible. At the end of the lesson, the teacher had to students stand by him. He said he would raise his arm and "lock" it in with the wall and nothing would be able to move his arm. The teacher raised his arm and focused on a spot in the wall. Then told both students to grab onto his arm and put all their weight on it. His arm did not move with two people hanging from it. It was quite a site to my skeptical eye!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
indeed marshal arts are hightly connected to the human spirit
in da dao they will break brick with hammers on a boy's stomach
takes a lot of chi to shield ur self dont u think^^

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just love these people that believe martial arts is like some sort of jedi art!!!! NO ONE can knock you off your feet with ki/chi without touching you!!!! Some people just blindly follow these teachers without question and get caught up in the bull sh*t that is taught. No one can light fires with there mind or drain your body of its "energy" like its portrayed by these frauds.
I have seen some of these so called masters put to the test by real martial artists and they didn't stand a chance, no throwing people with a single touch, no psi energy stopping there opponents in his tracks, they just get there asses handed to them, its very sad really as there students find out that they have been lied to.
And before i get flamed, I have been a martial artist in Jaspanese arts for a long long time and also have a good friend who was taught tai chi and other forms in china.
I do believe with training and meditation that our minds and bodies are capable of a lot more including some healing and controling some of the bodies autonomic systems but if you believe this dribble then I'm a reborn Samurai with the ability to fly!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
well i dont think i should flame u....theres a lot of hoaxers...and marshal arts that just take ur money without teaching u to fight for real,and afcourse with false magic tricks...but afcourse there are real marshal arts and people with real powers....u do belive that we humans with training are able to do more as i do so respect for that

im the same little believing but until it gets creepy

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
I just love these people that believe martial arts is like some sort of jedi art!!!! NO ONE can knock you off your feet with ki/chi without touching you!!!!

Not many can do that but there are in fact some that can

You should take note what the other experienced martial artists have testified to in this thread.

And before i get flamed, I have been a martial artist in Jaspanese arts for a long long time and also have a good friend who was taught tai chi and other forms in china.

Your friend does not have a powerful Gift of Chi. Most do not.

I do believe with training and meditation that our minds and bodies are capable of a lot more including some healing and controling some of the bodies autonomic systems but if you believe this dribble then I'm a reborn Samurai with the ability to fly!!!!!

Hard styles have their merit.

But you need to investigate the soft styles that cultivate Chi or Ki training.

If you wish to stick with Japanese martial arts, try Aikido.

Steven Seagal clip.

The Samurai did not have levitation ability, as they were more hard style than soft style in their training.

By the way, years ago I took some Aikido classes but I am mainly a Jeet Kune Do practitioner. I also do Qigong.

Some people just blindly follow these teachers without question and get caught up in the bull sh*t that is taught. No one can light fires with there mind or drain your body of its "energy" like its portrayed by these frauds.
I have seen some of these so called masters put to the test by real martial artists and they didn't stand a chance, no throwing people with a single touch, no psi energy stopping there opponents in his tracks, they just get there asses handed to them, its very sad really as there students find out that they have been lied to.

For further illumination, investigate the soft style martial art known as Dim Mak.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have a couple of questions for every one that I feel relates to this thread.

If martial artists have real/magical powers, what powers would you class as real or fake??

If a martial artist can affect some one without touching them do you feel this to real or a phyological effect on the student??

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
or tai chi chuan perhaps?i think it should be a soft style right?
warriors learning to use the inner power to do mass damage with just one touch or even from distance?+ slow beautifull forms and movements

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have been a teacher of Aikido (high dan grade) for many years and have seen with my own eyes these chi/ki frauds exposed!!
Has for my friend, he practiced Tai chi for over 30 years and has a very strong chi but dosen't believe the hype surrounding secretive styles that endow it users with magical powers.
And Mr Seagal's style is not quite as soft as it should be, as is my interpretation of Aikido!!!!
People need to understand that there is no magic force that can push someone over at a distance in martial arts, its just manipulation of students and there misplaced belief in there "all powerful" teachers.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
wow thats awesome id love if u can show me some begginer "forms"
aikido has forms right?so i can train a little im a big fen of martial arts forms
if someone else knows some forms pls do tell

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There's more discussion of this man, John Chang, in the following article:
A new video of John Chang - The Magus of Java. There's a whole book written on him which I've recently bought.

If you also want to read my review of a qigong system I study, take a look at:
Qigong Yiquan review and impressions.

I find that these videos are the of the best videos I've seen on that subject.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
" If you had FAITH , as little as a mustard seed, you could tell the mountain to be cast into the sea and it would obey". No matter how each culture sees the truth, it is always the same: Mankind has INNATE abilities that can be used, if only BELIEF, practice, dedication and committment are adhered to. the naysayers still use the old tired and baseless nonsense to dissuade from the truth.

EVEVRYONE on the face of this earth has the potential to do incredible and amazing things using the powers and forces that God laid down in the Beginning. mankind would NOT have survived this long on this earth without certain adpets and dedictade spititual seekers keeping the truth alive. Whether in a jungle or on top of the Luxor Hotel, certain people demonstrate the innate abilities that we possess.

The people who cling to denial and say that this is a hoax are just living in a state of denial; they cannot accept that which would challenge their most basic and fundamental foundations upon which they rest their minds and beliefs. The Denier's will deny ANY evidence becauee they are UNPREPARED for any reality that contradicts their own limited and shallow perceptions of reality.

Of COURSE Chi power is real; ask any high level martial artist. Of COURSE Criss Angel can levitate far above the ground in broad daylight with NO props or supports , etc. We are beginning to see the result of mankind opening up, at least a few at first, into the ineffable and astounding realities that exist. Do you really believe that man is just some animal that has more brain power? Do you believe that God left man defenseless in this realm?

God gave mankind the ability to do ANYTHING whatsoever that is needed for survival, sustenance, shelter and spiritual progress. the fact that this knowledge was lost, for the most part, means that the resurgence we are seeing seems strange to the people who live their lives in a state of blissful ignorance and denial at the possibilities that are evident and used daily by some practitioners.

The fact that many of these adepts are using their abilities to benefit others is quite telling; some are very private but most use the powers righteously; Criss Angel uses them to make a living and to open the minds of the people to new possibilities, and that is OK too. At least he is DOING the things that will open the eyes of the people who wish to see the light; the Denier's will ALWAYS cling to sorry excuses and illogic as their means of keeping their limited minds free of worrysome abd complex possibilities.

YOU can do it!! Anyone can do it, given the belief, practice and meditations in a sincere manner. Not all people are ready of course for new paradigms but those who are will see more and more events until they CANNOT deny the truth any longer.

It will boil down to those who are open to the future and those who cling to the past; new horizons are exciting for some and scary to others; we see the reslt in the posts of those who will insist forever that it is all tricks; their minds just CANNOT accept things that seem radical and new; it is too unsettling to them to accept.

But as the days and years go by, more and more adpets will come forth with more and more abilites, until some day the Denier's will be totally driven out by logic and they will be seen as a remnant and not the majority. But it will take more than evidence and logic to persuade them; they are in denial to placate their kminds and spirits, and that is a hard thing to change for many.

Do NOT believe that all of the powers that be are ' tricks ' or ' illusions'; they are real and can be measured and evidence is massive and convincing that we are seeing real and true events. to believe otherwise takes a leap of faith beyond that required for beliving that the people who do these things are real and actual examples of human beings using a bit more of out limitless potential than the common man ever even considers possible. If the human being now uses 10 percenty of their ' brains ' think about what someone with 15 or 20 percent could do!!

Ignore the ignorant and mundane replies that try and make it look fake; it is real and actual and the evidence is clear. ONLY the afraid and unstable spirit would or could deny the evidence and the logic. Open minds and spirits can accomplish anything at all that the brain can conceive, and that is a fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
something is very wrong here....we should have learned to unlock the full power of our brains 100 times by now.....look just for 2000 years what have we created....and still we are just normal?i think there is some conspiracy....maybe something happend

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh my God........

Over and over again I am stunned by the gullibility of many of the posters on these forums.

Pick a card, any card........

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Eyewitness86 please point me to evidence that proves this is real beyond a doubt!!! Why are none of these martial artist winning the UFC without touching an oppenent or flying round the ring!! God has nothing to do with Ki/Chi, which I do believe is some kind of energy but not some magical power that can make me fly or knock someone out from the other side of the room, mat or ring!!!!
there's a martial arts forum called sherdog, go check out the video section where you will see these frauds taught a lesson in real martial arts!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Terrific films.......Thank you. Its wonderful to see what we have been told through out history, we are energy. All masters have told us this since the begining of time. In an age where people are completely absorbed with work, TV, Music, Computers, and no activity towards themselves whatsoever..consumed with all material things and no time within, its easy to see how 96.% of Americans are controlling nothing more than negative energy. Most people donot think twice about what they put in their mouths..let alone how to go within...with one, the energy within. People go on retreats and feel wonderful for about 2 months...negative energy soon gets the better of them, its all around them every day. Most people are so a custom to how they live, it would never occur to them they are living cluttered, hectic lives until they become ill.
There will always be those who doubt the powers of man, and thats what makes our world go around..those who do, those who don't and those who never can.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Unfortunatly, I think common man has already lost the potential to do these feats, which is why only the rare few can do it. In order to be able to control your chi energy, one must give up most pleasantries of life and focus on meditation etc.

That is not to say that it is a bad think that we have lost this power. In all their meditations, the masters of chi energy have probably missed a lot of other human events and emotions. When one dedicates their life to one thing, other things get lost. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Eyewitness86 please point me to evidence that proves this is real beyond a doubt!!! [edit on 7-8-2007 by Kurokage]

The people here have provided there proof. It is your burden to disprove these videos. Post some video links, some articles supporting what you think is going on. I am not at all convinced of the power to throw people around because it looked staged, but the heat coming from the hands, the electricity looked believable to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OK!!

Apparently, the "SCIENTISTS" are...

Catherine Cooke,--- ambassador for the Mind Science Foundation
Dr. Roger Nilson ---- ?
Dr. Gregory Simpson,--- physicist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Not that it proves anything, just thought y'all might like to know.

AoN

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join